Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-03 19:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

02-03-2012 04:56 PM
Bayohne
Community Rep

Battle Balance Adjustments

Since increasing the level cap to 99, we have been making systematic adjustments to jobs, battles and various other parameters.

The reason being that since our original plan was to maintain the level cap at 75, it was necessary to make adjustments to allow continued growth up to level 99 and to be able to add other types of new content.

We plan on addressing the following three issues with the next round of adjustments.

• Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
    We will be removing the instances of enfeebling magic not taking effect on monsters and HNMs that have resistance to specific elements. A very small number of special monsters will maintain the ability to completely resist enfeeblement, but it will become possible to cast enfeebling spells on most monsters that used to resist outright.

※Spells will not take effect every time and spells may still be resisted if your enfeebling skill is low. Monsters with high resistance will be enfeebled for a shorter amount of time.

• Cure Potency
    Cure potency will be affected more significantly by healing magic skill. If a player has high healing magic skill, cure potency will be greatly increased, but low healing magic skill will have almost no effect on cure potency. The effect of skill level on cure potency will vary based on the type of cure, but cures lower than Cure V will be affected the most. Note that Curaga, Cura and Waltzes will not be affected.

• Cure I-IV: Up to 1.4 times the normal cure potency
    • Cure V-VI: Almost no change

With this adjustment combined with the increase of cure potency mentioned earlier, we would like to increase opportunities for mages jobs other than white mage to serve as healers.

• TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill
    We will be adjusting the specs of save TP so that it serves as the minimum possible TP amount gained through using a weaponskill. In other words, the greater the amount of TP gained through the weaponskill and the save TP value itself will be the actual TP gained.

For example:

• Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 25: 25TP
    • Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 15: 20TP
    • Save TP value is 20, weaponskill misses: 20TP

The TP gained after using a weaponskill will be more stable, but there will be fewer instances where players gain a very large amount of TP through one weaponskill. Also, with the adjustments to save TP, samurai’s job ability Hagakure’s save TP effects will be increased.

To descuss these topics on the official forums, please refer to the following threads:

TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20483
Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20484
Cure Potency
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/20485
Subscribe

02-06-2012 07:42 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy!

Here are some responses from the development team to questions regarding the cure potency adjustments.

Quote:
Was receiving benefits from stacking MND put off?
After looking into various possibilities such a MND and healing magic skill itself, we decided to go with adjustments to healing magic skill after considering the benefits this would give to jobs that possess this skill. MND affects cure potency more than in the past and the effect will remain as it is.

Quote:
Will there be any changes to the success rate of removing Death?
With the current system, the higher the healing magic skill, the higher the success rate will be. However, to balance this with the rate of success of Holy Water, there is no 100% success rate even if your skill is very high.

Quote:
Will the values of blue magic-type healing spells also be increased?
Since the main focus of this adjustment is for Cure–Cure VI, there will be no changes to blue magic spell’s cure potency.

Quote:
With this adjustment, when using Cure IV with +50% cure potency, you can cure for around 850 HP, so it would be really nice if you could lower the amount of enmity gained after curing.
Since a fundamental rule of battle is that enmity increases as the amount of HP you restore increases, after considering the relationship of Cure V and Cure VI, this rule is being maintained. It would be best to mitigate this increase with Tranquil Heart and equipment that decreases enmity.
Subscribe

02-06-2012 08:06 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

The reason that we're adjusting the specifications for save TP is that we're working to prevent weapon skills from being executed non-stop when stacking save TP, store TP, and conserve TP. As such, there are no plans to increase the effect of Miser Roll because it would cancel out the point of the save TP adjustment. Miser Roll's save TP effect will still stack with other effects and equipment.
Subscribe

02-08-2012 05:54 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

There were a few questions in regards to the enfeeble adjustments that we wanted to answer.

For those asking if additional effects on WS will rely on enfeeble skill once the adjustment takes place the answer is no, as the proc rate for a weapon skill’s additional effect is determined by the respective weapon’s skill rank (A, B, C, etc.)

In regards to whether or not these enfeeble adjustments would be applied to other enfeebling type effects from bloodpacts, songs, ninjutsu, and blue magic spells, etc, yes, these changes will be applied to any type of enfeebling effect that relies on skill. Also, automaton magic skill level will play a part in the calculation of enfeebles. However, additional effects on equipment (like Additional Effect: Silence) will not be subject to these adjustments.

When it comes to magic that enemies use, it will remain as it always has. These can be resisted through effects from bar-type spells, so they will not be affected by the adjustments.
Subscribe
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-03 19:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No, you get back either the amount of TP from your WS, or your Save TP value, whichever is higher
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hiku
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2012-02-03 19:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

the saveTP is being changed from a bonus to your TP after WS, to instead being a minimum. If you had saveTP+40, and your WS was 35TP return, you would instead get a 40TP return. However if your WS is say a 15TP return, and you had saveTP+40, instead of 15TP you would get 40TP.

That's what i'm getting from it anyhow
 Sylph.Annex
Server: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-03 20:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

1.4 more cure potency for cure 1-4 means 40% more????

As I saw on a students shirt in my class this morning:

There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Ones that are good at math, and the others that aren't.

XD
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-03 20:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Annex said: »

There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Ones that are good at math, and the others that aren't.

XD
10 x 1.0 = 10

10 x 1.4 = 14 (40% increase)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2012-02-03 20:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this means my dark knight and sam will actually have to swing in Voidwatch. Goodbye sweet 60+ tp returns.
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-03 20:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »

XD
10 x 1.0 = 10

Thanks! And this is why I teach music...and not math :/
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-03 20:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

XD
10 x 1.0 = 10

Thanks! And this is why I teach music...and not math :/
I would love to know how to read and play music, I just absolutely can not do it without someone holding my hand every step of the way.
[+]
By volkom 2012-02-03 20:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

wait....
could this break with drg's conserve tp trait?
 Sylph.Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-02-03 20:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
wait....

Don't forget DNC and RNG....and if it does...SHHH!!! otherwise they'll nerf...i mean fix it.
By volkom 2012-02-03 20:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wait....

Don't forget DNC and RNG....and if it does...SHHH!!! otherwise they'll nerf...i mean fix it.
inb4 balance
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-03 20:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The enfeebling changes are rather welcome. Would be better if enfeebles weren't on proc lists so that we could keep them on 24/7, but this is better than nothing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-03 20:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The TP thing seems like it could be pretty broken, though I think it will balance out in the end since people won't want to gimp their damage. It'll be a balancing game between WSing faster while still doing enough damage to justify it.

(Edit: I didn't even think about DNC...)

Stronger cures? I'll take it.

Will the enfeebling change be the return of RDM solo on modern content?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-03 20:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wait....

inb4 balance
Battle "Balance" Adjustments
By volkom 2012-02-03 20:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

wait....

inb4 balance
Battle "Balance" Adjustments
._.

its not going to be that balanced
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-03 20:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
The TP thing seems like it could be pretty broken, though I think it will balance out in the end since people won't want to gimp their damage. It'll be a balancing game between WSing faster while still doing enough damage to justify it.

It's broken the way it is now. Currently, you get the TP you receive from the WS on top of Save TP. Now you'll only get one or the other.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-03 20:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

It's broken the way it is now. Currently, you get the TP you receive from the WS on top of Save TP. Now you'll only get one or the other.
Either I'm mistaken on how it's calculated now, or we're reading the OP two different ways.

I don't know. I'm just a WHM.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-03 20:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam could use polearm and earn like 100 TP per ws with a cor basically from what I've heard and then ws constantly.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-03 20:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Both implementations of Save TP favor certain jobs. Save TP adding a fixed amount of TP to your WS has a greater impact on 2-hand and /ra jobs due to their higher WS return, at least if they're taking full advantage of the effect. The new version will favor one-hand/DW jobs, though it's going to be a lot less useful. This eliminates the use of Miser's Roll outside Voidwatch, not sure how it will play out inside given potential for greater base values. Save TP atmacite will probably fall out of favor too unless you have a COR in party.

Doubtful. Recent content doesn't favor soloing and Legion/Nyzul won't change that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-03 20:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam could use polearm and earn like 100 TP per ws with a cor basically from what I've heard and then ws constantly.
Have they fixed SAM AF2+2 body yet? If not, that would be a big part of the cause there.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-03 20:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure, I'm no sam .-. just a whm
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-02-03 20:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that sams will have to swing in VW, i think its safe to say masamune pulls far ahead of the lazy mans tp bonus GKT.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-03 20:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You say that like a Masamune is actually harder to make.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-03 20:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Have they fixed SAM AF2+2 body yet? If not, that would be a big part of the cause there.

no

Fupafighters said: »
Now that sams will have to swing in VW, i think its safe to say masamune pulls far ahead of the lazy mans tp bonus GKT.

Masamune was already superior
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-03 21:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

(Edit: I didn't even think about DNC...)

Stronger cures? I'll take it.

I hope not. Solo'ing red mages in the old days are only slightly less annoying than solo'ing beastmasters modern day, and they were 10x more pretentious.

Edit: sorry if I'm starting a flame war saying that. I just remember a lot of the "really awesome" red mages back in the day being really, really, really god damn snobby about being able to cast bio and run around in a circle for hours on end.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-03 21:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that this'll change for RDM solo is older pre-VW content. I.E.: mostly ***that doesn't matter.
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2012-02-03 21:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

02-03-2012 04:56 PM
Bayohne
Community Rep

• Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
    We will be removing the instances of enfeebling magic not taking effect on monsters and HNMs that have resistance to specific elements. A very small number of special monsters will maintain the ability to completely resist enfeeblement, but it will become possible to cast enfeebling spells on most monsters that used to resist outright.

※Spells will not take effect every time and spells may still be resisted if your enfeebling skill is low. Monsters with high resistance will be enfeebled for a shorter amount of time.

Subscribe

... Does this mean I'll be able to land absorbs on Uptala (when it's fking extremely vulnerable dark black magic) even though it's undead?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-03 21:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I hope not. Solo'ing red mages in the old days are only slightly less annoying than solo'ing beastmasters modern day, and they were 10x more pretentious.

Edit: sorry if I'm starting a flame war saying that. I just remember a lot of the "really awesome" red mages back in the day being really, really, really god damn snobby about being able to cast bio and run around in a circle for hours on end.
Oh joy, this generalization again.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-03 21:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Oh joy, this generalization again.

Just sayin'. That's what I remember.

Through history's tinted lenses.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6