[Dev] Battle Balance Adjustments
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-02-05 17:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And on that note.. since when were we busting out 3500+ WS at 75 with stuff like Gswords? PLEASE explain to me how we're supposed to feel "like 75 again". Somebody, anybody...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-05 17:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
dark age of camelot
Is not a Final Fantasy game. That your first thought was of a game outside the franchise demonstrates my point: FFXI is a vastly different experience from other Final Fantasy games. "Go play another Final Fantasy game" is not a valid suggestion and should not be held as such.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-05 17:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
There is actually still situational gear that comes from a lot of the older content. That list isn't exactly accurate.
Close enough, nothing is needed from it that would break you. Not even CoP anymore.

....that's a stretch.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-05 18:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas Ring, Brutal Earring, Loquacious Earring, some torques, some of the skill capes, Novio earring, Novia earring, Ninurta sash, obis, gorgets...
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-05 18:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also limbus is really nice from a gil/hr ratio sort of perspective.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 02:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Rajas Ring, Brutal Earring, Loquacious Earring, some torques, some of the skill capes, Novio earring, Novia earring, Ninurta sash, obis, gorgets...
Not having those really will break you? Brutal ring maybe, but you don't need loquacious earring to reach a reasonable (even capped) fast cast. You can buy novia and novio, you can buy ninurta sash (though I have no clue why you would waste gil on something like that).

Obi's and gorgets fine, the content is still pretty much dead regardless if you need equipment from those events or not.

You don't need anything from missions, the earring is nothing more than nice to have. Quests don't focus on the game much, but rather focusing on giving you crappy items with nothing but more time sinks. There are very little AF quests you actually should do, and the quests you do to get scrolls you can just buy from others anyways.

The only BCNM's that you need to do people already do, there is no need for the player to go out and do them unless they want to sell something with a crappy drop rate. Same goes with KSNM unless you're going for BB or king pops.

Limbus for gil making, fine. That isn't much better than doing Salvage for gil making. It's getting updated but it isn't now, and that's why I didn't add it to my stupid list that I shouldn't of even made.

Don't even know why I post here sometimes, some of you take things way to damn seriously when I was just making a stupid point. That point being that SE has seriously *** up and made the majority of their events obsolete, that's all the *** list was meant to be.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 02:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed possibly the most important piece of armor in that list: Not having a Rajas can in fact break you.

You're taking it a bit too personal. CoP still has a lot of very useful items in it that are important to the jobs that use them. The content is dead, but the items you get from the content are far from it. Just like Abyssea.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-06 02:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Not having rajas wont "break you"...as long as your not an elitist lol. There are other options for tp sets and ws sets that come pretty close if you do not have one of these. Just get one if you actually care about your job though.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 02:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed possibly the most important piece of armor in that list: Not having a Rajas can in fact break you.

You're taking it a bit too personal. CoP still has a lot of very useful items in it that are important to the jobs that use them. The content is dead, but the items you get from the content are far from it. Just like Abyssea.
I never said it didn't have great items, I said it was content that has sank to the crapper of FFXI just like everything else has besides 1% of content that SE manages to keep worth doing.

Just because it has good rewards doesn't mean its *** current. I'm sick of people picking apart my post, it was just a representation of what was being kept up to date in the damn game and nothing more.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 03:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why did you list Aby... never mind.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 03:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Then why did you list Aby... never mind.
Why did I list abyssea? really? It is the most recent content to date besides voidwatch, not to mention the most recent premium content.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 03:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet it's outdated.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-02-06 03:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly anyone who uses any form of AF3+2 is playing the game wrong I guess.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 03:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you read the last page of the thread
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-02-06 03:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, and you play it off as if its this terrible content that no one should be bothered to do anymore.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-06 03:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nekonarf give up lol. Proth wont drop it until he feels he won the argument with big words lol. Just watch.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 03:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not even about winning, people lately have been enjoying bickering about every little thing they find wrong with someones post.

It's getting annoying as hell
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-06 03:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not even worth arguing, obviously not everyone will agree with Kalilla's list, he should just move on and accept that fact. Nice format though I guess, if you want approval?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 03:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
Yep, and you play it off as if its this terrible content that no one should be bothered to do anymore.

Um, ok, I wasn't aware that I was the one saying you shouldn't bother with CoP because it doesn't have anything worthwhile. Maybe you should read a little more clearly, as it seems you're having trouble deducing the English language on the first pass.

I'm very interested to know, which part of:

Is implying that you shouldn't get Empyrean armor?

Fupafighters said: »
Nekonarf give up lol. Proth wont drop it until he feels he won the argument with big words lol. Just watch.

You can simply stop talking as your opinion is worth nothing.

It's not even about winning, people lately have been enjoying bickering about every little thing they find wrong with someones post.

You're still taking it way too personally. Misinformation is to be corrected.
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-06 03:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

And yet it's outdated.
outdated yet the only shouts i see aside from the occasional vw ally and maybe a salvage/nyzul shout are for abyssea and the things that are in it. whats your point?
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-06 03:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »

Reasons why more of the older post-generation tends to stick to chat threads and forego all this insanity. :D
I'll have to say I'm one.

People these days...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-06 03:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Proth, why would not having rajas break you compared to something slightly inferior? It's a damn good ring and I love it, but it isn't that great anymore. Not until SE picks up the pace and works out a way to upgrade them for 99 like they said they would 10 months ago.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-06 03:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how everyone is ignoring the context of the original post that's being called into question and magnifying the one that's normalizing it.

Proth, why would not having rajas break you compared to something slightly inferior? It's a damn good ring and I love it, but it isn't that great anymore. Not until SE picks up the pace and works out a way to upgrade them for 99 like they said they would 10 months ago.

The mixing and matching of store TP, haste, and other such stats is a delicate procedure. Rajas Ring makes it much easier and more lenient to provide more optimal parameters (especially considering that it's also a damn good weaponskill ring), for both newer players and older ones, than, say, an ACC ring or a hoard ring.

Point being made is, your list is very subjective, as is my response to it. Implying that CoP isn't worth doing simply because the content is outdated, thus missing out on the items that you could get for doing it, is silly. Just the same as saying that the content in Abyssea is outdated (aimed at level 80~95 capped players) but the items you get from it are not.

We all knew when the cap raise was coming, and it would have been an effort in futility to assume that 75 cap content would be relevant after we hit level 99. They're correcting that error by adjusting past content to be more suitable for higher level players. That plenty of the drops and other such devices of these dated events have stood the test of time should tell you something.

Just don't take it so personally, like you're being attacked. Your post was imperfect, and thus the imperfections led to disagreement in what should and should not be considered "outdated".
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-06 03:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The yelling, pointing fingers, umad, epeen, me>you at each other is going to outlive the game itself. Will there be enough popcorn ?
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-06 03:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
The yelling, pointing fingers, umad, epeen, me>you at each other is going to outlive the game itself. Will there be enough popcorn ?
theres never enough popcorn
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Markas
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-06 03:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

quick! everyone take one of these!
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-06 03:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

We've been getting an influx of "lalalala i can't hear you, my way is the only right way lalalala" lately.

Post deleted by User.