Bad News BST
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-02 13:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

BSTs wont stop doing dyna because a silly nerf to TH, sure it sucks but saying that they'll no longer be income is dumb lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-02 13:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Depends on exctally what they do but i just see this as hurting everyone. BST has made it to where its reasonable to buy and sell currency, do u really think ppl are going to start paying 15-20k each again?

when was currency ever 15-20k, after neo-dynamis got figured out? >_>

I'd take 10-11k again :(

Ditto, but it probably wont go that high again :P
This probably wont reduce the amount of bsts soo much, but it will lower their output a bit, but probably not by too much :<
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-02 13:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make it so that currency only drops to me :<
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-02-02 13:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If this nerf turns out to be bad I may have to try THF in dynamis again but man I hated the TE pulls.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-02-02 14:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is just me and a bst on a group... sure take 4 mobs... w/e...

But if there are multiple groups.... best not be trying to hold more than two.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbeat
user: bloodbeat
By Bismarck.Bloodbeat 2012-02-02 14:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it not so much an issue of an unfair advantage but an issue of a possible avenue for players being able to do something quickly?
I think the SE policy is that fast = bad. I mean why devote more effort to even more new content when you can just make less content take longer?
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-02 14:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbeat said: »
Is it not so much an issue of an unfair advantage but an issue of a possible avenue for players being able to do something quickly?
I think the SE policy is that fast = bad. I mean why devote more effort to even more new content when you can just make less content take longer?

Ok. Maybe. But wouldn't be even faster if everyone just walked into a shop and were handed completed relic? Dynamis, especially after being opened up to the masses, isn't "hard." Sometimes I'm challenged by some things, sometimes I do better than others, and sometimes I die. But pretty much I know what to expect. So if it's not hard, and it's not long, and it's not a penis joke, what is it? It's just a thing given to you.

I don't play bst, and still, soloing dynamis, I bring in about as much currency as my dynamis linkshell did on an hour per hour basis - not even considering the 500k entry cost. Too slow? Dynamis is remarkably faster than it used to be. And while not "hard, you still have to put SOME work into it.

But maybe you're one of the people that would rather just go get one from an npc of a nominal fee. I'd suggest spending more time in the test server, then.

No. What actually happened is this: The level cap increased, the capabilities of jobs changed. (Look at where monk is now compared to 2006 - it's a whole different world.) The capabilities of jobs changed, so things intended for level 75 characters had to be changed. SE changed. Now, it looks like it isn't working out the way they thought, and they're fixing it.

Not everything is some kind of scam to force you keep subscribing and playing.

Last edit: I didn't mean for this to sound angry, if it did.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-02 14:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbeat said: »
Is it not so much an issue of an unfair advantage but an issue of a possible avenue for players being able to do something quickly? I think the SE policy is that fast = bad. I mean why devote more effort to even more new content when you can just make less content take longer?
Ok. Maybe. But wouldn't be even faster if everyone just walked into a shop and were handed completed relic? Dynamis, especially after being opened up to the masses, isn't "hard." Sometimes I'm challenged by some things, sometimes I do better than others, and sometimes I die. But pretty much I know what to expect. So if it's not hard, and it's not long, and it's not a penis joke, what is it? It's just a thing given to you. I don't play bst, and still, soloing dynamis, I bring in about as much currency as my dynamis linkshell did on an hour per hour basis - not even considering the 500k entry cost. Too slow? Dynamis is remarkably faster than it used to be. And while not "hard, you still have to put SOME work into it. But maybe you're one of the people that would rather just go get one from an npc of a nominal fee. I'd suggest spending more time in the test server, then.

When i was a kid, I recall playing nintendo games for weeks. I can still pick up some of those games and play then for hours on end today.
At some point Galoob made a device called "game genie". There were games that I had played for hours and hours that I played on "easy mode" one time, beat, and never ever played again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-02 14:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
When i was a kid, I recall playing nintendo games for weeks. I can still pick up some of those games and play then for hours on end today.
At some point Galoob made a device called "game genie". There were games that I had played for hours and hours that I played on "easy mode" one time, beat, and never ever played again.

I never had a game genie, but was totally jealous... :D

I realize, though too, that this can cut both ways. And maybe some people react differently to what SE is doing - well, obviously they do. It just seems to me that if I thought dynamis was too hard, or a relic was too time consuming, I just wouldn't make one, and that would be the end of it. I don't feel any kind of "need" to do ANY thing is ffxi.

I think most of the game is open to almost everyone at some level, and that there are varying levels of success that (I thought) would be appealing to almost everyone.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-02 15:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on exctally what they do but i just see this as hurting everyone. BST has made it to where its reasonable to buy and sell currency, do u really think ppl are going to start paying 15-20k each again?

BST didnt do this, the fact that dyna can be done everyday is what lowered prices. You are giving bsts far too much credit.
[+]
By Thanzo187 2012-02-02 15:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets face it TH is just a trait that is there for whatchumecallit moral cause it really doesn't do ***out of like 10 Adamantoise pops 2 thiefs 1 max TH and TH count at like 10+ not a single pop turned into red pond and no twilight mail has ever dropped TH is a confidence booster is anything. :D. Plus I agree I do Dyna as Monk/Dnc and get great currency.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-02 15:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »

BST didnt do this, the fact that dyna can be done everyday is what lowered prices. You are giving bsts far too much credit.

So its just a coincidence that all these bst showed up to do dynamis and prices went down?
 Midgardsormr.Sirtwitchalot
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Sirtwitchalot 2012-02-02 15:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, this was an original post by SE. Meaning, it wasn't in response to complaints from NA or JP players, it's just the dev team fixing things that they think were broken.

SE wants TH to be in the following order of potency:

1.) THF
2.) RNG
3.) /THF
4.) Everyone else

So pet TH has to be adjusted in their view.

I have th2 on my blu, don't really know what they can do about that unless they choose to undo a recent blu update, dont see that happening tho lol.

If you were /THF, you'd have TH3, so it's still technically less potent.

Last I checked /THF was still TH2. THF doesnt get TH3 job trait til lvl 90. The rest comes from gear.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-02 15:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So its just a coincidence that all these bst showed up to do dynamis and prices went down?

The current system is what made prices drop, it has nothing to do with players/jobs. I should have also said the fact that dyna can be entered for FREE everyday instead of 500k a run also is a huge reason for the price drop. Again, jobs are irrelevant.
 Bismarck.Cicada
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-02-02 15:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Yuly hates me.. I've never gotten anything useful from using her. I even tried that Falcorr fellow and nothing really noticeable. TH how does it work? :<
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-02-02 15:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The current system is what made prices drop, it has nothing to do with players/jobs. I should have also said the fact that dyna can be entered for FREE everyday instead of 500k a run also is a huge reason for the price drop. Again, jobs are irrelevant.

For irrelevant jobs ppl sure complain alot about only 1.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-02-02 15:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For irrelevant jobs ppl sure complain alot about only 1.

ok.
By FOODNIPPLE127 2012-02-02 15:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

would be so nice if TE's didn't link, cause everytime they seem to be having a rave with the whole zone, would also be nice if double-up effect would be removed once an 11 is rolled, random QQ is random
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-02 15:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
I think Yuly hates me.. I've never gotten anything useful from using her. I even tried that Falcorr fellow and nothing really noticeable. TH how does it work? :<

Are you wearing full perle with gimp gear in every other slot? That usually helps increase TH effect.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-02-02 15:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-02 16:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

FOODNIPPLE127 said: »
would be so nice if TE's didn't link, cause everytime they seem to be having a rave with the whole zone, would also be nice if double-up effect would be removed once an 11 is rolled, random QQ is random

Dude. Really? I think that's the worst bad luck. I don't think I've ever waited even a minute for a clean pull on a TE. And some zones, they seem to be just wide out in the open. Bam, voke or chi blast, move away a little bit, and you're done.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-02-02 16:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cicada said: »
ITT: TH is nullified any time you don't consider a drop useful.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2012-02-02 16:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As a thf, I have to say I am glad to see this happen. From what I saw on certain drops, Yuly appeared to have a higher TH than thf. I'm basing this on when I attempted to farm flood for myself. I spent a few days trying to get this, but never any luck. At the same time, there was a bst there who kept leaving and coming back. Checking the AH later, I saw they had like 8 of the last 10 scrolls sold. It may just be the RNG, but its a slap in the face when a THF gets less drops than another job.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-02-02 17:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
As a thf, I have to say I am glad to see this happen. From what I saw on certain drops, Yuly appeared to have a higher TH than thf. I'm basing this on when I attempted to farm flood for myself. I spent a few days trying to get this, but never any luck. At the same time, there was a bst there who kept leaving and coming back. Checking the AH later, I saw they had like 8 of the last 10 scrolls sold. It may just be the RNG, but its a slap in the face when a THF gets less drops than another job.
Yuly and/or Falcorr doesn't have higher TH than your THF. Two things are going on here:

A) There is reportedly a dismal difference between TH3 and TH7.
B) BSTs generally kill stuff faster than thieves, allowing for more chances at said scrolls.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-02 17:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Phoenix.Xantavia said: »
Yuly and/or Falcorr doesn't have higher TH than your THF. Two things are going on here:

A) There is reportedly a dismal difference between TH3 and TH7.
B) BSTs generally kill stuff faster than thieves, allowing for more chances at said scrolls.
You forgot C)You are extremely unlucky.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 17:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The proof for BST pets having TH3 is really pretty simple. Bounty Shot with RNG AF3+1/2 gloves has a base level of TH3, same as a naked THF. Tag a mob with one of the THF pets, then use Bounty Shot with the gloves equipped. You'll either get the no effect message or a message indicating an upgrade to TH4. Keep spamming til the latter occurs, or get a THF with no TH gear to melee the mob until they get an upgrade.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-02 17:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Moving the english translation here, sorry for the double post:

02-02-2012 04:25 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Treasure Hunter Effect Amongst Jobs

As an adjustment to the balance of Treasure Hunter at level 99, the below pets will have their Treasure Hunter effect changed to Treasure Hunter I.

-Dipper Yuly
-Faithful Falcorr
※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.

Here is the premise regarding the hierarchy of the Treasure Hunter effect (from strongest to weakest).

1. Thief

2. Ranger

3. Support job thief

4. Other jobs

※As ranger received the new “Bounty Shot” as a support ability, it is now slightly more beneficial than a support job Treasure Hunter when effectively used.

However, with the increase in the level cap from 75 to 99, this ordering has started to become ambiguous, so in order to clearly define the premise again, our current aim was to find adjustments appropriate to follow this.

The prime example of changes to this hierarchy were with the increase in the Treasure Hunter effect for familiar pets due to the level cap increase and we would like to start by adjusting this area.

The development team looked into routes to adjust this, such as changing the pet’s job, lowering the stats of the pets in exchange for not lowering the Treasure Hunter effect, revamping the pet’s special abilities, etc., but ultimately they made the decision to preserve their fighting capabilities and only reduce their Treasure Hunter effect. To go along with this adjustment, we will be easing up on the materials required to synthesize “Lucky Broth” which created with the basis of the Treasure Hunter effect in mind.
※The current focus of this adjustment is for familiar pets, but in the future if automatons and avatars are given Treasure Hunter, we will be adopting the same policy.

To give a bit more insight, the development team looked into a completely different direction on this at first, exploring if they could establish proper balance to follow this idea by changing the drop rate table. However, if they were to change the drop rates, the obtainment rate for every single item would change and the effects would be too drastic, so they came to the conclusion that they would not be adjusting the drop rates.
Subscribe
[+]
 Phoenix.Midsummernight
Server: Phoenix
user: Taruchan
By Phoenix.Midsummernight 2012-02-02 17:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Reposting from Kalilla's thread:

Premise: This is by no means a "QQ BST soro" post. I'd just like to point out and bring other players' attention to this disturbingly contradictory mindset that the Dev team appears to be pursuing as of recent. Draw your own conclusions...

Quote:
To go along with this adjustment, we will be easing up on the materials required to synthesize “Lucky Broth” created with the basis of the Treasure Hunter effect in mind.

I...don't understand this. Hippo jug was added, what, less than two months ago? BST ability to solo in dyna was well-established even at 95 cap, aka using Yuli. Not sure why they added another TH jug and then proceed to nerf it on the following update. I don't like where this is going.

Edit: added bold for emphasis
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-02 17:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They're making it easier to synth, why exactly are you complaining?