Project Spoony Bard Is Officially Released!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Project Spoony Bard is officially released!
Project Spoony Bard is officially released!
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2012-01-09 11:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Antaress said: »
I found the compatibility mode tab, but the only 4 options it gives me are Windows 95, Windows 98/Me, Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5), and Windows 2000. any ideas? ><

Whats your OS?
 Asura.Antaress
Server: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2012-01-09 12:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

windows XP. i just updated it to SP3 and it still gives me the same error :/
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-01-09 16:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure I'm working the music converter (Ximc) correctly. I do the WAV->BGM and select my WAV file, with that top-right value being set as 171 (I believe that's the first free music ID). I let it do its job, which locks the window for a few seconds (doing work I assume), and then nothing to indicate that anything has changed. What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to feed the plugin moar fewell or thwack it when it locks up?
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2012-01-09 18:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the folder where the .wav file originated from. The new ###.bgm file should be there.

I noticed in the music pack, several of the custom songs had their own "number" (example, Infinite Undiscovery - Fire Dancers, is ID 522), how can we make our own with those numbers? XIMC seems to only go up to 255.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-09 18:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Project Spoony Bard is officially released!

This made me think of Ludoggy...
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-09 19:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't look through the entire track list, but I think this should be used for sky...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-01-09 20:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli said: »
Check the folder where the .wav file originated from. The new ###.bgm file should be there.

I noticed in the music pack, several of the custom songs had their own "number" (example, Infinite Undiscovery - Fire Dancers, is ID 522), how can we make our own with those numbers? XIMC seems to only go up to 255.
Wow, they're there. You just blew my mind, for srs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2012-01-09 20:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha you're welcome. Now save me from this addiction that is SpoonyBard ; ;
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-09 20:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
I can't wait til I learn how to use this better. Going to make Fanatic's Drink have Invincibility Star music so that I finally don't forget to re-apply it in Voidwatch.

I already made this my Qilin battle music. :3
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-01-09 20:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha you're welcome. Now save me from this addiction that is SpoonyBard ; ;
Question #2, sir. Where do I dump this .BGM so that it'll be recognized by XI-Util? There are 6 different folders of BGMs in the data folders for FFXI.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2012-01-09 21:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data

Also note you need to change the Windower_Conf.xml file to reflect your new songs. Check a few pages back on this thread for a small visual guide.

~Edit~
Apparently it can be put in any of the music folders!:

Bismarck.Eburo said: »
Okay, I've figured it out.

THIS IS HOW YOU ADD YOUR OWN CUSTOM SONGS TO XI-UTIL FOR USE WITH SPOONYBARD.

If you know how to convert WAV to BGW files (or just use Ximc for now)

Then you can put a "musicXXX.bgw" file in any music folder for FFXI, "XXX" being a number (Song ID) that isn't used by the game already.

Example music979.bgw is "FF4 Boss Battle Theme" -> Put this in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data

Go to Program Files (x86) > XI-Util > SpoonyBard > conf.xml

Open conf.xml and paste the following on a new line along with the other song ID code:
Code
<songInfo>
    <songID>979</songID>
    <name>FF4 Boss Battle Theme</name>
  </songInfo>

Example:
Save the XML file, then restart XI-Util. When you go to select your song for zone/NM/buff/etc, it should be in the list of songs to choose from. As Hyshio said, be sure to use the command, //spoony profile (profilenamewithoutparanthesis) in your Windower console after doing this, and the changes will reflect instantly.

Fortunately, this is much better than just swapping out the music, because game updates will never overwrite "extra" files. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-01-09 21:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG I can't wait to change PJ music. I swear I hear that crap in my sleep, and even when I'm nowhere near my computer.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2012-01-09 21:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data

Also note you need to change the Windower_Conf.xml file to reflect your new songs. Check a few pages back on this thread for a small visual guide.

~Edit~
Apparently it can be put in any of the music folders!:

Bismarck.Eburo said: »
Okay, I've figured it out.

THIS IS HOW YOU ADD YOUR OWN CUSTOM SONGS TO XI-UTIL FOR USE WITH SPOONYBARD.

If you know how to convert WAV to BGW files (or just use Ximc for now)

Then you can put a "musicXXX.bgw" file in any music folder for FFXI, "XXX" being a number (Song ID) that isn't used by the game already.

Example music979.bgw is "FF4 Boss Battle Theme" -> Put this in C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound\win\music\data

Go to Program Files (x86) > XI-Util > SpoonyBard > conf.xml

Open conf.xml and paste the following on a new line along with the other song ID code:
Code
<songInfo>
    <songID>979</songID>
    <name>FF4 Boss Battle Theme</name>
  </songInfo>

Example:
Save the XML file, then restart XI-Util. When you go to select your song for zone/NM/buff/etc, it should be in the list of songs to choose from. As Hyshio said, be sure to use the command, //spoony profile (profilenamewithoutparanthesis) in your Windower console after doing this, and the changes will reflect instantly.

Fortunately, this is much better than just swapping out the music, because game updates will never overwrite "extra" files. :)
To the rescue~ Yeah, I gave it a shot after going back and reading that. Thanks, though. o3o
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [378 days between previous and next post]
By Hyshio 2013-01-22 02:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I went ahead and updated this project and added new links since now Im promoting a new dat mod community site me and the XI View guys are working on.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/27947/project-spoony-bard-is-officially-released#1700476
[+]