First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-03-07 13:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Ideal MNK TP set assuming Formless Strikes, using augmented +2 body? I am lead to believe that you need to have the body equipped to get the damage boost.
Formless strikes on lvl1 mobs:

170 melee hits w/o weapon and no formless:

normal: 94/143
crit: 163/185

51 melee hits w/o weapon, wearing af2+2a on 5/5FS activation but not on hit

normal: 75/112
crit: 128/147

47 melee hits w/o weapon, wearing af2+2a on 5/5FS activation and hit

normal: 76/114
crit: 134/145

It actually looks to me like there isn't a damage bonus on af2+2 body, worn on hits or not.
 Lakshmi.Nightscope
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Nightscope 2013-03-07 17:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Figured this was the best place to ask. When it comes to perfect counter you need to have tantra crown +2 stay equipped to gain the bonus +20 damage right? Assuming that is right is it even worthwhile to keep it equipped compared to tping in Usk. Mask+1?
 Lakshmi.Yaggi
user: Yaggi
By Lakshmi.Yaggi 2013-03-07 23:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So tonight i used byakkos haidate augmented with Store TP +5 and Crit. Damage +3%. Without my own parser, just by eye, looks like an easy winner. Also, highest Smite i've ever done on prov watcher by a lot. Used Haidate for tp gain and weapon skill.

Tp set:

Smite set:

EPEEEEEEEEEEEEN!

Edit: added tp set and smite set
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-07 23:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a horrible and inaccurate way to determine if you are doing more damage. Like hell are you going to eyeball better DPS on a monster that like 10 other people are damaging.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-08 00:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

feels > parsers brah
[+]
 Lakshmi.Puretoke
user: puretoker
By Lakshmi.Puretoke 2013-03-08 02:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah obvi knowing the actual numbers is more accurate than not... but he goes up against us parsing every day so he can definitely guesstimate close enough.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-08 02:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No he can't.

The only reason that set would come close (as always has been the case) is if the 15 DEX is pushing you into the 40-50 dDEX range. So unless you're suggesting Provenance Watcher has ~83 AGI..
[+]
By pchan 2013-03-08 03:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The augmented byakko is the best TP piece during impetus. However the shura feet are garbage..
By pchan 2013-03-08 03:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
If you aren't afraid of variance you can still just use this

Re: Legion

Most *** (in Mul) your crit rate is floored on. MNK in legion is a pretty bad idea, anyways, but if you really have to.
This complete stupid statetement. You are acting like MNK job is entirely reliable on critical hit rate. Spharai and shijin are your friend. Also nobody cares about mul.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-08 04:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Your existence is a complete stupid statement.

One of MNKs greatest advantages in terms of damage capability in keeping up with other top-tier DDs comes from Impetus, and that is completely negated in Mul. That, combined with the inferiority of 1h due to the ratio cap makes MNK far less than optimal.

Your strawman is also a "complete stupid statement", notice the Spharai in the gear set? Saying nobody cares about Mul doesn't make it true. You only care about ADL anyways, so crawl back to your hole.
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
Server: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-03-08 06:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ok your right impetus is good and mul matters (not really). Then, why do you post a set up that is only good OUTSIDE OF IMPETUS and on WEAKLING CONTENT like ADL. lol.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-03-08 06:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does anybody even play the game if no content(aparantly) is worth doing, because it's either something nobody cares about or for weaklings!
By Quiznor 2013-03-08 06:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Why does anybody even play the game if no content(aparantly) is worth doing, because it's either something nobody cares about or for weaklings!

Because peopl are stupid like that :x
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-08 07:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Because apparently in French, math is different. Go buy a calculator.

I don't care about Mul, nor do I particularly care about ADL. It doesn't make it irrelevant content because people still do it. I did not say that set is ~for Legion~. Pchan seemed to think I didn't know what Spharai was, though, even though it was very obviously in the set I posted. How do you two even find time to stop playing with eachother's *** to make arguments that don't make sense to begin with?
[+]
By itchi508 2013-03-08 08:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i problably shouldnt even put in my 2 sence but i cant help it at this point.
*Using VW/ Prov dmg & eyeball or even parse is complete waist of time due to obvious reasons..(we dont parse Abysea) on top doin a all time high 5k? You do realise War MS reso will ***on that 5k and a relic/emp drk will out parse most all so eyeball...? Yaaaa.. NO
* The shura feet are crap you do realize thaumas already has DA3% plus more to offer, so those are not only waisted tatters and time but impairing your overall dmg.
*Impetus isnt just good or matter.. Impetus is what makes Mnk a competitive DD being able to lay down DPS (with only 1 ws and riding aftermath) that keeps up with Heavy DDs doin constant ws dmg. Crit dmg is critical for mnk as it is to a ninja, its there way of doin dmg with there low delay. In general you probably shouldnt even WS untill aftermath wears therfore make a aftermath/impetus set.
* mnk in legion? Probably not since you will have to sacrifice most of you crit/att for acc only making yourself a waist of space.
* Personaly you morons should shut up and take jinjos advice. if your here for advice try reading and listening w/o arguing (or buy a dam calculator and dont ask)
By fattrav 2013-03-08 12:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, let's see if I can get any advice here.

I am a 95 Spharai with all AF3+2 and Thaumas, plus AF2+2 hands, and BB. Currently I use my monk/war for Neo Salvage. I have no desire for tekko+1, so please don't head down that path.

Based on the conditions above, what is the optimal tp set for head/body/hands/legs/feet?

In what situation would Usu+1 feet be better than AF3+2 feet, just when you are 3/5 Usu+1?
 Lakshmi.Yaggi
By Lakshmi.Yaggi 2013-03-08 12:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda figured i'd get hated on but this is at the very least, entertaining to read. SO i posted my original just to say how impressed I was with my first time using Byakko's Haidate. I'm not trying to make any claims about what is actually the best dps gear to wear on mnk, simply stating that it appears that they outperform tantra hose+2 for tp gain and thaumas for smite, in provenance(assuming full buffs). Could that victory smite have been a lucky combination of crits? Most definitely.

But I've done easily 100 provenance watcher fights and this one was unique for 2 reason, the first reason being a 5k victory smite. Now you guys say a war or drk could blow that away, NO ***SHERLOCK. We're not talking about war or drk here, im talking about an impressive victory smite compared to OTHER VICTORY SMITES. Is that a hard concept to fathom? nope. The 2nd, which i didn't post a picture of cause its nobody's business who the other DD's were, is that I blew away the rest of the DD's that usually beat me by a lot. The 2nd place DD was 6% under my total damage for the fight, and that was with no deaths and no attempts to proc. that's significant enough for me to make this post in an attempt to re-provoke the conversation of Byakko's Haidate for monk, post-salvage v2.

I am interested in more of an explanation as to why other options that on paper are supposed to be better than Byakko's, don't seem to pan out to better numbers at the end of fights. I use pizza+1 full-time at prov, usually have 4 songs from a 99daur/gjallar bard, chaos/fighters, dia3, embrava.

Lastly, in regards to my shura feet +1. When we ran the numbers a couple months ago before salvage v2 gear came out, a perfect augment on them was better than tantra+2 feet. go ahead and check that yourself if you'd like, I spent a lot of time and very little gil augment those boots a few hundred times, cause i was bored of looking at the same old gear. This augment is 1 kick attack short of perfect, and was close enough for me to try out on real stuff. It generally beats out thaumas in acc/atk capped situations because of the extra attacks, and they ONLY get used in voidwatch.

I appreciate the people who are trying to get somewhere with this, and when i can get some more numbers from the guys in my LS who run the parsers, i will. From what i remember, i had a 49-50% crit rate throughout the whole night, impetus up and down. with 50% crit rate, my head math says byakko's should do me a great service, but thats head math so please, prove me wrong with the real thing.
By pchan 2013-03-08 13:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR and DRK don't blow any ***away. DRK is still behind war and mnk except during soul eater, but only drk think they can afford it w/o dieing ( I mathed it to be -100 HP loss per second on DRK with ragnarok, so you need a dedicated WHM). WAR is slightly superior when the mob level increases AND the attack is not too great). As soon as level correction increases but attack buffs are modest (think a basic double minuet), mnk tops it because crit give better returns. As for as other DDs, nothing comes close to mnk and war.

for shura feet : they suck because of usukane feet (+1) are always better. They only sound good but input them in motenten'SS and you'll see what I mean. As for byakko they beat most other option during impetus, sometimes khepri or tenryu+1 come ahead.
 Lakshmi.Puretoke
By Lakshmi.Puretoke 2013-03-08 13:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll post some of the numbers when Yaggi gets to come MNK in the next few days and he can fill in what sets he was using, and I will be whooping his *** on DRK as usual.

The dps calculators are nice but prefer real fight data.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-03-08 13:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
As for as other DDs, nothing comes close to mnk and war.
DRG > MNK.
Just because I said so and I'm french.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-08 13:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: French Sums allowing MNK's damage output to be greater than DRK's and equal to WAR's

"if you add 1 to X, the higher X is, the greater the relative increase"

The Eiffel Tower isn't that shape because it was made to look artistic, it's that shape because French architects use French Math and thus can't make straight lines
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-08 13:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

To clarify, it's very difficult to see most of the gear advantages that people fuss over here with a parser. Once you get the big increases out of the way (capped haste, capped Acc, 99 weapon), the 1% trade-offs will help but you won't be able to detect them unless you're missing a lot of them.

Like, lets say you use a set that is 5% theoretical damage less than the ideal set. You will parse ~19% when you would have parsed ~20%, everyone else held constant. Fight-to-fight variability is so high that it would take many fights under identical conditions (for all players) to see that difference. That just doesn't happen.

You guys should bring me along on WAR some time! I want to be in a group where I do <30% damage.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Puretoke
By Lakshmi.Puretoke 2013-03-08 13:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Parsers are great when u use them consistently at ls events. You start to see some trends over time and it's the only way to know who's using the "gear that people fuss over" correctly.
 Lakshmi.Yaggi
By Lakshmi.Yaggi 2013-03-08 14:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Byrth contact me in game when you can, maybe you can join us more regularly in the future. We really dont have anyone who consistently comes on WAR and gives a ***about it. Also, mul is our *** now :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-20 19:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenryu are not a option. I have set#1 winning on the spreadsheet vs. set#2. Before I finish/use the plans on hands. Comments? Thanks.

Set#1:
ItemSet 117860

Set#2:
ItemSet 154599
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-03-20 20:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said: »
Tenryu are not a option. I have set#1 winning on the spreadsheet vs. set#2. Before I finish/use the plans on hands. Comments? Thanks.

Set#1:
ItemSet 117860

Set#2:
ItemSet 154599

Your target being?
 Cerberus.Stalkster
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2013-03-20 22:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »

Your target being?
From EM buffalo to Ig-Alima.
From only haste to haste/chaos/2x march.
With RCB's or Pizza+1.
It shows set#1 wins in all situations(spreadsheet).
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-03-21 00:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprising that set 1 wins, you put 30% haste on it (caps at 25%, also on the sheet) vs 22% haste on set 2 which also sacrifices considerable kick attack damage.

Also; Replace Black for Twilight in set 1, looks like you're leting 5% haste go to waste for the sake of "pride".
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-21 00:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Add the set bonus, set 2 is ahead.
 Bahamut.Shirai
Server: Bahamut
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2013-03-21 00:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Add the set bonus, set 2 is ahead.
Oh snap, you're right! Oversight on my part.

I shouldn't respond to these things at 7am x.X
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30