First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-02-25 19:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Ideal MNK TP set assuming Formless Strikes, using augmented +2 body? I am lead to believe that you need to have the body equipped to get the damage boost.

Never bothered to test this thoroughly. I did test that using on activation only grants extended duration though.
By pchan 2013-02-25 19:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

that's because you have trouble reading reading mob setups. I explicitely said that when agi and vit go higher windbuffet is ***.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-25 19:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
the gimp belt is never part of any best setup (twilight better).

Maybe you should word your claims correctly so they cant get misunderstood?
[+]
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-02-25 19:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Since I didn't read Pchan's numbers, I totally missed that part.

(quoted the wrong guy btw)
Leviathan.Mdkuser said: »
Lakshmi.Nightscope said: »
This doesn't equal Thaumas Nails being the better piece majority of the time.

you always have a WHM. Boost-DEX is almost always better than boost-STR, especially for verethragna MNK. Boost-DEX or bust.
By pchan 2013-02-25 20:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

because reading is hard

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Carbuncle.Ancientdragon said: »
so removing 8% double attack for 2% tripple and 1%quad is more multi hits ?

Using Tantra feet over thaumas is better to begin with. If you do replace tantra feet, usu+1 will be better than thaumas because you can TP in windbuffet.

tantra is inferior to thaumas everytime you have a whm using boost dex, though I can understand npt everyone plays their A game. Simirlarily, augmented byakko tends to beat the crap out of other option during impetus and when the stats of the mob is >= 100 (agi and vit), the gimp belt is never part of any best setup (twilight better).
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2013-02-25 20:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I uhhhhhh...

*** it, nevermind. It's pimpchan.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-02-25 20:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »

because reading is hard

apparently writing is even harder. don't deal in absolutes if you intend on conveying information properly. just surrender, it's ok. we'll understand.
[+]
 Asura.Calinzt
Server: Asura
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-02-26 03:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about this set for Salvage II is optimal. It's the only thing I use MNK for apart from the occasional VW.

Played with the spreadsheet and it seems it doesn't factor in Counter+ gear either. Or I just don't know where to look.

Any opinions?
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2013-02-26 07:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea why people are so determined to drop the +45 D on ~20% of attack rounds (and the set bonus chance, for whatever that's worth). If the Usu+1 set bonus is 3% for two pieces you could use Twilight belt and Tantra feet for a net loss of 1% DA.
 Asura.Calinzt
Server: Asura
user: Calinz
By Asura.Calinzt 2013-02-26 07:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
I have no idea why people are so determined to drop the +45 D on ~20% of attack rounds (and the set bonus chance, for whatever that's worth). If the Usu+1 set bonus is 3% for two pieces you could use Twilight belt and Tantra feet for a net loss of 1% DA.

With your changes, spreadsheet says:
Total DPS: 195.367
With my set it says: 202.048

So either that 1% DA is pretty huge, or that thing doesn't factor in the 20% kick attacks.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-26 10:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Why did Nomkahpa mittens disappear in the gloves hiearchy? Kinda miss that part :S
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2013-02-26 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Why did Nomkahpa mittens disappear in the gloves hiearchy? Kinda miss that part :S

Because it looks horrible
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-02-26 17:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I Know Usukane gote+1 are better, just wanted to know if they're ahead of Miodio and the rest :)
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
Server: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-02-26 19:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

they are not better. nomkhapa is the second best after tenryu +1.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 08:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Re: Pchan

Impetus (without AF3+2 body) adds attack and critical hit rate, both of which devalue the additional attack gained by Berserk. If anything, confirming that using Berserk during 1 minute of Impetus and 2 minutes of downtime should be a validity check for your model. The fact that you do not get that result indicates that your simulations are inaccurate in some way and weakens your argument.

I mean, think about it for a moment. How could what you're claiming possibly be true?
[+]
By pchan 2013-02-27 12:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What's important is that my model is not wrong, it's just that I messed the combinaisons calculation; the result don't really differ from each other anyway so it's not important. All this combinaison discution is pointless anyway nobody ever plays more than 5 minute straight on anything. The time of meripo is over. The only important number is impetus+berserk up and no impetus+no berserk.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so you get that 2/1/2 is the best combination and wins by ~1% DPS. I guess my assumptions weren't wrong then.
By pchan 2013-02-27 13:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

edited.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 13:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, but if you ever do an event like Provenance where you're fighting stuff for ~5 minutes (Neo-NI is another example), now you know that you should be desynchronizing Impetus and Berserk. Synchronizing Berserk/Impetus in anything other than a <3 minute zerg represents minimally optimal usage. I hope that we do some day return to fights that aren't quick zergs, but I'm not really holding my breath.

That said, I parsed a Morta group yesterday where one SAM pulled >30% of alliance damage pretty much every time. The second best DDs were struggling to break into double digits. Generally being 1% inefficient isn't going to affect your parse position, but the whole idea of spending millions and millions of gil on gear is that all the 1% upgrades add up.
By pchan 2013-02-27 13:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

NNI is a bad exemple. The only way optimizing the "impetus and berserk" combinaisons is worth is when there is no pause between mobs. Beside, checking the beserk timer sounds too much of a burden for a performance gains that turns out to be less of a gain than stuff like over tp mistakes or estimation of damage.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-02-27 15:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Synchronizing Berserk/Impetus in anything other than a <3 minute zerg represents minimally optimal usage.
How long is a love minute?
By Blazed1979 2013-02-28 13:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Synchronizing Berserk/Impetus in anything other than a <3 minute zerg represents minimally optimal usage.
How long is a love minute?

depends on how hot she is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Yaggi
user: Yaggi
By Lakshmi.Yaggi 2013-03-06 12:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm curious is there a realistic use for Byakko's Haidate on mnk right now? 99 Spharai or 99 vere don't matter, just wondering if i should augment these and actually waste the inv. spot, or if i can just upgrade usukane legs to +1 and be fine.
By itchi508 2013-03-06 12:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cap attack, impetus, or Aftermath/Embrava set. Byakos with +4 crit dmg would out perform usukane and thaumas. otherwise no theres not besides being a WS peace. Correct me if I'm wrong
 Lakshmi.Yaggi
By Lakshmi.Yaggi 2013-03-06 12:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So, fully buffed(rolls, songs, embrava, + dia2) what kinda stuff am i fighting where byakko's is an acceptable piece of gear for tp gain when impetus is up? Uptala(probably yes?), Morta(maybe?), Provenance(probably not?). I'm not good with the specific numbers, but i know its harder for mnk to hit the attack cap than it is for all my ragnarwagon buddies, just wanna see if these pants are worth spending the time/space on. Thanks in advance!
By itchi508 2013-03-06 12:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well depends what your doin of course, im refering to somthing like ADL or legion where dps is critical along with acc/haste in a optimal hybrid set. I wouldnt refer to VW in a build. Also its not tp build its for more dps wile under those conditions that (tp/haste/Att IS NOT) a issue, if your only using legs for VW aby salvage NNI content then use usu of course for att/haste and save urself a slot.
 Lakshmi.Yaggi
By Lakshmi.Yaggi 2013-03-06 12:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Can monk really cap attack in legion on anything besides the first wave? ADL is a non-issue because we really dont bother with it, but i'll keep what you said in mind should we begin to do it again.
By itchi508 2013-03-06 12:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in legion acc is more a issue than att so under aftermath or Impetus or even hundred fist the crit dmg+ should pull ahead on your base attacks wile maintaining your haste and the dex helping your crit/acc overall. Otherwise your basic mnk to set thers not many uses for byakos that people cant replace with a better overall peace since they would only fit into a WS, Aftermath 2hr or a embrava set. Anyone please correct me if im wrong on this.
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
Server: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2013-03-07 03:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Yaggi said: »
So I'm curious is there a realistic use for Byakko's Haidate on mnk right now? 99 Spharai or 99 vere don't matter, just wondering if i should augment these and actually waste the inv. spot, or if i can just upgrade usukane legs to +1 and be fine.

byakkos are the best impetus legs period. it doesnt matter wether you are attack capped or not. It's actually all the more powerfull that attack is low. Well unless you dont get any crit from the 15 dex, but how likely is that?

If you have regain moonshade this is the best impetus build:

somen +1/tantra cyclas+2/tenryu tekko +1/twlight belt/byakko max augment/usukane +1.

If you have TP bonus moonshade, use goading belt and at least 3 stp on byakko.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-03-07 03:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you aren't afraid of variance you can still just use this

Re: Legion

Most *** (in Mul) your crit rate is floored on. MNK in legion is a pretty bad idea, anyways, but if you really have to.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30