Kraken Club?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Kraken club?
Kraken club?
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-10-02 21:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it still fun to be a Kraken ranger? Also when playing it as a kraken ranger now with abyssea and stuff would a Kraken + shield be better than rng/nin with lets say kraken/carabiner's?
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-10-02 22:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not as cool as it use to be :( there's a dagger from dynamis jeuno? or some ***that has crit damage+10%. that and /war, for fencer and other benefits, is probably your best option. kraken's pretty dead :/
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-10-02 22:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kraken+shield has always, and always will be better than subbing a secondary weapon. Kraken is still the most powerful item in a rangers arsenal for normal trash mobs. It is usually only not a viable inside abyssea option because of the tp:ws ratio is very heavy on the WS side, and everyone likes to avoid ruby~ That aside, it is still a ferociously powerful weapon in a RNG's hands. If this was a DRK thread id say KC is dead, RNG not so much.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-03 00:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kraken + Jishnu's is unreal in abyssea, in a normal EXP party I would honestly say it's probably the best DD in that situation hands down. No one ever even came close to out parsing me when I was capping merits using it, not that it's really too much of an accomplishment if you were able to /check what I was going up against.

Spamming 8~10k WSs every few seconds is pure deadly.

To answer your question... "Is it still fun to be a Kraken ranger?", I'll post this video:

Yes, It's fun indeed!
[+]
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-10-03 00:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said: »
Kraken + Jishnu's is unreal in abyssea, in a normal EXP party I would honestly say it's probably the best DD in that situation hands down. No one ever even came close to out parsing me when I was capping merits using it, not that it's really too much of an accomplishment if you were able to /check what I was going up against.

To answer your question... "Is it still fun to be a Kraken ranger?", I'll post this video:

Yes, It's fun indeed!

Thats crazy dude. Imagine that with wildfire lol. But it sucks Cor can't use the KC ><.
 Bahamut.Antslug
user: antslug
By Bahamut.Antslug 2011-10-03 00:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

i want that music @.@ first song to be exact. but that looks fun as hell also
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-13 12:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
Odin.Upbeat said: »

Yes, It's fun indeed!

Thats crazy dude. Imagine that with wildfire lol. But it sucks Cor can't use the KC ><.

Rng can use armageddon though!

Saying that, kclub wildfire spam isnt too hot. Sacrificing an atma slot for RR will drop your damage, then sacrificing vulcans will drop it some more. Still do 3~4k but almost better off going full crit and spamming heavy shot...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [188 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Hopefulki
Server: Carbuncle
user: hopefulki
By Carbuncle.Hopefulki 2012-04-18 02:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for semi-necro but I was curious about the experiences of those anni kraken rng in VW and other events.

Do you find you put away kraken and RA more due to to spam, accuracy issues, mp sponge etc?

Mainly I ask because I am slowly working on last stage of anni and have a kraken. If it is not truly spectacular on current content I don't feel the need to keep it for abyssea xp and old content.

What are your thoughts and experiences?
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-04-18 02:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Hopefulki said: »
Sorry for semi-necro but I was curious about the experiences of those anni kraken rng in VW and other events.

Do you find you put away kraken and RA more due to to spam, accuracy issues, mp sponge etc?

Mainly I ask because I am slowly working on last stage of anni and have a kraken. If it is not truly spectacular on current content I don't feel the need to keep it for abyssea xp and old content.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Dusty Wings

plus good luck hitting anything worthwhile with the what, d+ club?
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-18 02:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun in Abyssea.
 Carbuncle.Hopefulki
By Carbuncle.Hopefulki 2012-04-18 10:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was pretty sure accuracy was going to be an issue but I wanted to ask some people with more experience in that area.

Probably going to sell, thanks guys ;P
 Fenrir.Idevlboy
user: idevlboy
By Fenrir.Idevlboy 2012-04-18 10:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Should at least hang onto the club for trials!

I used Oclub and level sync'd to my 96 brd and Whm mules! Was able to clear Anni trials in ~4days only doing a few hours a day.

/dnc for Drain samba (to add some extra dmg to the club) + double march + haste was netting ~100 kills per hour. Plus then you don't have to worry about the relic proc that kills the mob while you are working it down to kill shot level.
 Carbuncle.Hopefulki
By Carbuncle.Hopefulki 2012-04-18 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an oclub so I will probably do that, good idea!
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2012-04-18 14:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Events like dynamis/limbus/salvage/nyzul, kraken ranger is incredibly potent, stronger NM's/zergs etc tho dont bother.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-06-01 07:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Been toying with the idea of KC RNG in Neo-Nyzul, anyone have experience or thoughts?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-13 13:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems that mobs in Neo Nyzul are just crappy enough to make that seem plausible. That considering x2 SCH.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-13 13:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Been toying with the idea of KC RNG in Neo-Nyzul, anyone have experience or thoughts?

It's not bad.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-06-13 13:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet to see any jobs better suited for kill all floors than kraken Gandiva rng. Leader floors it still holds it own. Only floors I'd argue other DD are better suited are Mega Boss floors but even then.. it's marginal.

Also,on anything that doesn't have crazy evasion. kraken rng outdamages normal rangers by a large amount in voidwatch.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-13 13:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was honestly extremely surprised at the strength of krakenrng's performance.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-06-13 13:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw, I'm blushing.
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-06-14 01:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Awww man, now I have to get a kraken club and try this out. Thanks a lot Curty. ;(
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-14 01:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Aw, I'm blushing.

I was secretly touching myself the whole time, I just didn't mention it.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-06-26 11:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet to see any jobs better suited for kill all floors than kraken Gandiva rng. Leader floors it still holds it own. Only floors I'd argue other DD are better suited are Mega Boss floors but even then.. it's marginal.

Also,on anything that doesn't have crazy evasion. kraken rng outdamages normal rangers by a large amount in voidwatch.

Not really sure how you can beat Ukon/Ragna WAR, Ragna/Apoc DRKs, Amano/Koga/Masa SAMs or even OAT DRGs with Kraken RNG in Neo Nyzul.

First tp gain is kinda less important there since Embrava regain and pause between mobs. It also means that am2 and am3 will be up sometimes because regain will put you at 300TP after every non combat floor.

Sure you will be doing WS a little faster but its nowhere near to make up for giant loss in TP phase.
 Asura.Mythh
user: Ganjuh
By Asura.Mythh 2012-06-26 11:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

KClub?!?!?!?!??11
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-06-26 11:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me preface the following by saying that RNG is my favorite job and I am usually biased toward it, but not in this case.

First off, any decent gun with last stand is going to destroy Gandiva, especially when you don't have access to full-time potency. So your argument should read, "Yet to see any jobs better suited for kill all floors than annihilator/armageddon RNG. Armageddon might actually be better than annihilator since you have access to wildfire for things like flans/mousse.

Secondly, I have a hard time believing a job without any AoE capacities would be better suited for a kill all floor than a job like a BLU (AoE spells) or WAR (Fell Cleave).

Thirdly, unless you have enough haste to counteract the 10% slow (not sure if this works exactly like slow), and have enough accuracy such that you can use red curry buns, I can pretty much guarantee that KC RNG will not out-damage a regular pew pew RNG in voidwatch. The constant influx of dusty wings works against KC RNG as well, as you don't need to shoot for TP as often as you would otherwise.

Also of note is that you cannot /war if you are using a KC as double attack will slow down the club considerably (if double attack procs then the 2-8 will not proc). Thus you lose berserk as well. So, you are essentially losing: red curry (150 attack), velocity shot (+15-20% attack with emp body), and berserk (+25% attack). You might as well throw the loss of minuets in here as well considering that you'll probably need march to overcome the velocity shot delay.

To conclude, it's a fun toy, and completely useless. Well, not completely useless I suppose, if you are a diehard RNG and must go RNG to nyzul no matter what. Just make sure you have a BLU for sudden lunge... Like I said, I love RNG, but I wouldn't hold my group back by sticking to personal preference.

Edit: I'm actually willing to admit that armageddon + kc might work well in nyzul since wildfire is not affected by such a major loss of attack. I've never heard of anyone doing this though, but I may have to give it a try sometime. You could mow through the amorphs pretty quick I would think.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-26 12:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't to say that there's not a myriad of other things wrong with your post, but for one, I'd imagine he has the mental fortitude to not use Velocity shot when TPing through melee.

No, but really, you mostly just have no idea what you're talking about.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-26 12:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You're only losing 0.185 attacks per round by getting 10% DA with a KC, it's really not that huge. I don't really consider that "slowing down the club considerably," especially when you gain Berserk.

Also, the only way I'd see Kraken RNG as fully viable in VW is in lower-tier stuff or full zerg conditions (Provenance), so it's relatively safe to assume that attack, delay, and accuracy won't be particularly a problem.

Not that it can't work elsewhere.

As for Nyzul, Kraken RNG absolutely destroys it.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-26 12:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, you're only losing 0.182 attacks per round. My apologiies.

Do the calculations yourself with my post here:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/39/#1872530

Use the last formula with A=3.82 (Kclub average hits per round).

(Anyway, 0.182 isn't even a 5% decrease in attacks per round).

tl;dr Math. Do it.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-06-26 15:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
tl;dr Math. Do it, or don't make baseless blanket assertions

Adjusted for my being sympathetic for those who don't care to do math.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-26 16:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
tl;dr Math. Do it, or make friends with someone who will do it for you.

Adjusted for my being sympathetic for those who don't care to do math.

Adjusted for alternate options.
First Page 2 3