New walk of echoes
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-09-25 20:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can get close to 13k on my PLD. But probably not much higher than what you got.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-09-25 21:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I was pulling 12.6k on my DNC in flux 9, any other flux usually about 9k.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-09-25 21:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably nothing new, but tried blu/thf and SA/CA heavy strike was doing consistant 2-3k on nq mobs, and about 1200-2k on boss in conflux 11. Cannonballs doing 1k while weakend. for people that dont have bst/smn/rng seems like the next best thing.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-09-27 20:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done Flux 7,10 abit the last couple days. Got a couple coins here and there, total of 6 maybe. I then setup and did a 4 man flux 2, thinking less ppl = better drops. Got 2 coins, other 3 ppl got none.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-09-27 20:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

so is smn spam still a good strat? or can i actualy enter as w/e now? farmed about 60ish coins doin smn strat <32 of em are decay>
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-27 20:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
I was pulling 12.6k on my DNC in flux 9, any other flux usually about 9k.

I tend to get 11k+ on DNC consistently, no matter the flux.
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-09-27 20:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valmur gets a like 14k usually on his bst idgi :<
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-27 20:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said: »
Valmur gets a like 14k usually on his bst idgi :<
He's making me mad, he's getting all the pouches and is flaunting it :(
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-09-28 23:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's what I know:

-If you want coins, do 6, 7, or 8. 7 is easiest bc it's just the one dragon.
- coins won't drop from 9-11. but the new spells/gear has a higher chance of dropping from there.

-If you get more than 8k xp, you're more likely to get "good" drops. However you still have a chance at good drops if you get less, it's just less of a chance. Apparently the higher your contribution (and therefore xp) the better chance you have of getting a good drop.

Things I like:
-It's actually fun.
-I can just go by myself, there are enough people doing it right now to just pop in a flux and join a big group

Things I don't like:
-1 hour cooldown- um wtf is up with that? Don't like it at all.

Things I've noticed:
-If I go farther down and get a chest that is sort of out of the way, those are the times I've gotten better drops.
-as WHM or RDM I get between 8 and 10k xp.

What I'd want to know: Can you really get skillups in WoE or no? curious.

Anyway, just what I've seen, HTH.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-28 23:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Caylene said: »
-If you get more than 8k xp, you're more likely to get "good" drops. However you still have a chance at good drops if you get less, it's just less of a chance. Apparently the higher your contribution (and therefore xp) the better chance you have of getting a good drop.
My mule, who got a 4k evaluation, got 2 pouches of decay while my main got a 10.5k eval and got logs and ores as is tradition.

[+]
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-09-29 00:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
My mule, who got a 4k evaluation, got 2 pouches of decay while my main got a 10.5k eval and got logs and ores as is tradition.

That's missing the point- and showing a clear lack of understanding as far as the SE loot system goes.

However if you do actually understand how it works and are merely venting, then I empathize. I just took my RNG in and got 4k exp and good drops, and the time my rdm brewed>chainspelled>blizzard4 the turtles, I just got crafting mats.

A chance of a drop is not a guarantee, and I'd have to imagine everyone knows this by now...
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-29 00:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »

That's missing the point- and showing a clear lack of understanding as far as the SE loot system goes.

However if you do actually understand how it works and are merely venting, then I empathize. I just took my RNG in and got 4k exp and good drops, and the time my rdm brewed>chainspelled>blizzard4 the turtles, I just got crafting mats.

A chance of a drop is not a guarantee, and I'd have to imagine everyone knows this by now...
Your roll

Slow it

>Implying you know everything there is to know about the formula and methods Walk of Echoes uses to distribute drops

>Also implying that there's a solitary drop system within the whole game by using the term "SE loot system"

And that's only from the first sentence of your response.

Anything can be picked apart by brutally analyzing it, so to do the same to my dramatized example is just shoddy safefacing, but as it stands all you're doing is confirming what we knew from day 1.

But as it stands you have no basis in which to make the claim that higher evaluations provide greater results (barring the increased exp gain, which is moot to those of us at capped merits like any child of 6 knows) due to your not even stated sample size, which only 1 and a half weeks into 95 I would imagine to be quite low, unrecorded results, and the absence of any sort of trend being drawn through your findings other than eyeballing.

All I simply did was further refute your presented theory with one dramatized example, although if I wanted to go further than that I'm sure I could go so far as to dig up my logs from these past few days and do the research myself, but the burden of proof lies with you good sir.

Come back with some actual samples and maybe you'll get better reception, but as it stands now, your "results" are pixie dust and your claim is arguable and moot.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-29 01:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't know about the whole "if you get higher exp you contribute more" thing.
I can go in as my DNC and get 13k exp, but I know I'm not contributing much at all. I just spam steps/ws/whatever > die > reraise > do as much as I can before I die again > rinse and repeat. All you have to do is know how to work the system.
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-09-29 05:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I go in as lolRDM/NIN just to good off with my Almace toothpick on my RDM and also have a BRD/THF alt that goes in after. (this way I am not waiting on newday and bored)
My findings are this:
If I go in and die a lot, cast a few spells and stabby stab the mobs, I get about 7-9k exp. The drops I get are always random. sometimes I get a silver mirror, and sometimes I get a bunch of junk that is >1k entry fee (so its winning either way)
Last night I went into Flux 9 as RDM/NIN and was stabbing/casting and somehow didn't die once. I ended up only getting 3k exp and a Thunder V... yes I did get a Fugacity Mantle and a Vellaunus's mantle, but those are 2 out of 23 runs I have done.
I think I will just SS every run winnings and have EXP in same SS to start to attempt an analytical attempt at understanding it.
Problem with that is, you have 11 flux and 50-200 people in WoE at a time (max 396 people). across 16 servers and each flux can be done 1-2 times a game day... so in a single day, you get about
17,250 (50 ppl x 16 servers x 23 game hours) minimum and 147,200 (200 ppl x 16 servers x 23 game hours x 2 runs/game hour) maximum... this is just speculating that WoE is as busy as from Sylph.
So 2 (me and my mule) people's findings is a small miniscule aspect of the WoE loot to exp connection...
This is almost along the lines of giving a drop from an NM a % based on the people willing to post their findings on a Wiki page.
only if every person SS'd their exp/loot every run and submitted it to some central analyzing site, we will not have a good data pool for anything of a system of exp-loot.

My thoughts on this subject anyway.

On a different subject, anyone know a possible "proc" list or is it completely random?
By SilverTalon 2011-09-29 06:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caylene : -If you want coins, do 6, 7, or 8. 7 is easiest bc it's just the one dragon.
- coins won't drop from 9-11. but the new spells/gear has a higher chance of dropping from there.

Not claiming to know anything about Walk of Echos, just finished my second run through ever. As blm, doing flux 11, I got 6k first run, 5k second because i had a bad habit of dying :/ First run got mats and a Devious Die, second run i got mats and a Coin of Ruin.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-09-29 06:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SilverTalon said: »
Caylene : -If you want coins, do 6, 7, or 8. 7 is easiest bc it's just the one dragon.

Not claiming to know anything about Walk of Echos, just finished my second run through ever. As blm, doing flux 11, I got 6k first run, 5k second because i had a bad habit of dying :/ First run got mats and a Devious Die, second run i got mats and a Coin of Ruin.

I got a coin of glory from flux 11.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-09-29 07:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 5 different coins from 11.
 Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Rokusho
By Quetzalcoatl.Rokusho 2011-09-29 07:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know if pouches can drop from 8,9,10,11? ive got 6 pouches after the update from the old fluxes but none in the news.... ive got pouches at any exp range (5 8 10 11k)... so seems random (as everyone knows at this time)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-09-29 09:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Celestius said: »
It seems like every time I go to conflux 11, people get more dumber.

D:
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Ryaan
user: rguerena
By Phoenix.Ryaan 2011-09-29 10:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done WoE since it came out way back when. The personal chests then seemed to have random items then no matter what you exp was (granted you made the top 5). I personally noticed a higher quantity of drops for more exp in the old and new systems, but I still believe that the quality of drops is totally random.
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-09-29 10:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Celestius said: »
Hey! Let's link EVERYTHING and pull hate towards the back where everyone is resting while the skeleies are blood draining/horror clouding people.

Yea. I don't do 11 anymore some idiot gets like every damn skele and the big bad boss and train to the start and lulz
 Cerberus.Caylene
By Cerberus.Caylene 2011-10-01 05:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SilverTalon said: »

Yes I know ;) 7 is fun if you want to pop outside and then spend the rest of the hour skilling up whatever it is you inevitably have to finish skilling up, too. :)

@wolfshadow I'm sorry if that seemed too intense for you, but there's plenty of data out there to suggest the drop system or at least logically deduce what the distributions are based from, given the drops, data available, SE loot system structure and the whole random element they like to throw in, like "oh hai *insert random f*d up thing here"....although it is in keeping with rpg's I suppose- the dice can't always land on the 20...
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-10-01 05:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If there are data out there which support your argument, produce these data. Don't just cite the supposed existence of data as an argument without putting out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-10-07 13:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Was waiting for 7 to open back up. Knew it was up in 3 minutes so I opened PTD and forgot about WoE for a min. When checked back everyone had just went in, I checked the prgress and there was 28 people inside and no progress on the boss yet so I went against my better judgment and went in. I knew by the time I got up top it would be almost dead. Got up there and the dragon had 13% life left. I got hit by Chilling Roar once, Dark Star once, cured myself with Cure IV, and hit him with my sword 3 times. I got 1503 limit points and my own spoils, but, I only had 2 items in it. Perhaps more exp determines how many drops you get. I know with at least 4000~ I've gotten 5 drops. I'm thinking maybe 1000 points at mimimum for your own spoils. 1000-1499 = 1 drop, 1500-1999 = 2 drops, 2000-2499 = 3 drops, 2500-2999 = 4 drops, and 3000+ = 5 drops. Purely theory.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2011-10-11 12:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm after Glory coins but this stupid *** game must know that....... lol =/

Carbuncle.Amilyia
user: amilyia
By Carbuncle.Amilyia 2011-10-13 11:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@Ryukuro - gimme those advancement pleaaase!

I am really curious if coin drop rate results are truly random or if I have just had bad luck...

I am doing WoE for the H2H (Coins of Advancement) and the Great Axe (Coins of Glory)

After ~100+ runs (I lost count) these are my results:

All from conflux #7 averaging around ~9k exp

Decay: 56
Ruin: 60
Advancement: 27
Birth: 37
Glory: 30

Pouches: 5x Decay, 4x Ruin, 1x Glory, 4x Birth, 0x Advancement

As you can see I still have not completed my H2H. Bad luck?? or has SE programmed different coins to drop more often then others?
This new system is getting extremely frustrating!!!
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-10-13 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Amilyia said: »
@Ryukuro - gimme those advancement pleaaase! I am really curious if coin drop rate results are truly random or if I have just had bad luck... I am doing WoE for the H2H (Coins of Advancement) and the Great Axe (Coins of Glory) After ~100+ runs (I lost count) these are my results: All from conflux #7 averaging around ~9k exp Decay: 56 Ruin: 60 Advancement: 27 Birth: 37 Glory: 30 Pouches: 5x Decay, 4x Ruin, 1x Glory, 4x Birth, 0x Advancement As you can see I still have not completed my H2H. Bad luck?? or has SE programmed different coins to drop more often then others? This new system is getting extremely frustrating!!!

it's just random dude. I did a lot of WoE before the update, & saved all coins. those numbers look about the same to mine
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-10-13 12:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished my coins about 4 days ago.

my totals:

glory 35
birth 53
Advance 40
decay 30
ruin 30

About 35 dice I sold em all figured I'd +3 mine at a later date when they are more cost effective.

Majority of coins & dice from flux 7 naturally.

Made about 11 mil in drops/dice, and leveled Smn,Bst.Whm,Rdm 90-95.

Good deal imo.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7