First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-21 23:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
My group is up to 82 total runs. 21 coins total. 2 pouches. There appears to be no correlation between your evaluation and your loot as mules barely breaking 5 account for a large number of our coins and both of our pouches.

Yeah, this is really ridiculous. Maybe it's just really ***bad luck, but honestly there should be no reason the drop rate should be this abyssmal. WoE weapons are inferior to empyreans, in no way should they be x10 more time consuming to obtain. Even more time consuming if you compare them to the easy emp trials. But would you look at that, SE *** up again? Not surprised. Honestly, I liked woe better before the update, at least I actually got pouches back then, and normal mobs could be solo farmed for coins faster than the rate I'm getting them.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-21 23:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
mortontony1 said: »
Brew drops from the mobs? WTF?!

As a temp item, yeah, randomly.
Doesn't go in a treasure pool or anything. You just might get lucky and receive one, similar to how/when you get temp item elixirs/ethers/drinks/etc.

That's awesome! I would assume it's like other abyssea temp items, so you it stays with you when you zone out, and it's back when you zone back in?

No. All temps go poof once you exit.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-09-21 23:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats still really amazingly broken to randomly give brews as a temp item rofl... wooooow.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-09-21 23:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said: »
Thats still really amazingly broken to randomly give brews as a temp item rofl... wooooow.

How so? It's pretty rare to get one. It just occurs more often when there's a large amount of people, like say 36. And it just lets you finish a run that much earlier/painlessly. Considering you do one run every game day, I see nothing wrong with an occasional brew to finish early.
 Sylph.Whammy
Server: Sylph
user: Whammy
By Sylph.Whammy 2011-09-22 00:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Don't see a point to ever doing a WOE weapon. You can get any other real emp much much faster(like 1/20th the time) unless you're INCREDIBLY lucky. Level 85 real emps also beat level 99 WOE weapons so...

Why does WOE exist again?

Gonna have to say that ODD or not, an 85 is not beating a 99.
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-09-22 00:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks SE....

I tried #7 with about 20 summoners...

Absolutley fantastic, and def ^.^b a 1-up on SE.

Glad they listened to us, as this update def a win, in my books.

I went in with a 95 Summoner, got 3 coins of Birth, 2 coins of decay,

1 pair of Medb's Gauntlets, and Dragonheart and other useless ***...

Other than that, Much better and more fun. Ya felt its like Voidwatch drops.

=D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-22 01:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neonracer said: »
Thanks SE....

=D

[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-09-22 02:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the newish items (spells and gear 91+) only dropping in the 9+ fluxes, anyone happen to know?
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-09-22 02:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda dumb to say what will beat what at 99 when we dont even know what it will be like at 99, lol.

And ive seen some new spells drop from 6 and 7.
[+]
By Inuyasha 2011-09-22 02:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
Are the newish items (spells and gear 91+) only dropping in the 9+ fluxes, anyone happen to know?
ive only seen Blizzaja from #6 so far...other people saying 9 and 10 drop new scrolls too
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-22 02:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks SE....

=D

could beat that easy as ***with 5 before this update, what is wrong with you
[+]
By Inuyasha 2011-09-22 02:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »
Thanks SE.... I tried #7 with about 20 summoners... Absolutley fantastic, and def ^.^b a 1-up on SE. Glad they listened to us, as this update def a win, in my books. I went in with a 95 Summoner, got 3 coins of Birth, 2 coins of decay, 1 pair of Medb's Gauntlets, and Dragonheart and other useless ***... Other than that, Much better and more fun. Ya felt its like Voidwatch drops. =D
or you can just get a SCH to Embrava you...and then Kaustra the MB...( apparntly by 2 houring+casting Embrava+casting Kaustra i contributed more than most of the DD in the flux [we had like 18 people on one mob...and they wherent even the MB's...]
 Cerberus.Sidical
Server: Cerberus
user: Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-09-22 03:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I am completly noobie to trying WoE but would a BRD be a worth while job to bring at all? Are the ratings based on damage only? I am thinking I would want to definately be in a party as a BRD. Just curious if its worth it at all showing up on this job. I understand everyone gets a chest so I guess I would get something but would I have a chance at something worth while?
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-09-22 03:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said: »
Thanks SE....

=D

haha i did #7 earlier with a bunch of DDs, blm, and me rdm... was essentially me DoT and run for my life. while DD run up, poke it, die, RR, repeat... and blm stun and nuke it. pretty dumb way to do it but was epic fun XD

glad to see people are at least gaining more interest in what was a nearly dead part of the game. hope the need/want for NQ weapons perpetuates so it remains in the game ^^ obviously with some more improvements it could still use
 Cerberus.Sidical
Server: Cerberus
user: Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-09-22 05:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just participated twice in WoE tonight. BRD did just fine as a choice for a job.

There was one thing I noticed though that I am not sure people are talking about. I swear I saw someone proc what looked like a red !! just like you see in Abyssea. I scrolled up to see if I could find it and possibly ss it but I could not find it. Maybe its my tired eyes. It is interesting though no?
 Carbuncle.Ianpyst
user: ianpyst
By Carbuncle.Ianpyst 2011-09-22 05:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sidical said: »
So I just participated twice in WoE tonight. BRD did just fine as a choice for a job.

There was one thing I noticed though that I am not sure people are talking about. I swear I saw someone proc what looked like a red !! just like you see in Abyssea. I scrolled up to see if I could find it and possibly ss it but I could not find it. Maybe its my tired eyes. It is interesting though no?

I had this happen in Vertical Conflux #10. Appeared to be from a PLD's Shield Bash, but I could be wrong (and most likely am).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-22 06:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's been around since the start.
I don't think anyone ever bothered to figure out exactly what it does (besides terror), what determines the weakness triggers, or anything else about it other than that it happens.

Anyway, I'm kind of starting to think that there's some underlying "story" that connects VNMS, Walk of Echoes, Abyssea, and Voidwatch.

SE is going to pull it out of their sleeve at the 99 cap and bricks will be shat.
 Leviathan.Arcas
Server: Leviathan
user: Arcas
By Leviathan.Arcas 2011-09-22 06:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm loving the new WoE, my only gripe with the system is the cooldown period. It's not so bad with some of the newer Walks which take a little longer, but yesterday I had the joyous experience of doing Flux #6, which seems to be what everyone on Levi likes to spam, with 30ish people and got done in about 5 minutes. Cerberus was kind enough to walk himself right to the group, both of them, so there was literally no running around.

That said, I had another 55 minutes to kill before I could get another KI. Kinda sucked and it would be nice if there was a reduced or no time restriction on the KI.
 Carbuncle.Vidian
user: Vidian
By Carbuncle.Vidian 2011-09-22 08:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcas said: »
I'm loving the new WoE, my only gripe with the system is the cooldown period. It's not so bad with some of the newer Walks which take a little longer, but yesterday I had the joyous experience of doing Flux #6, which seems to be what everyone on Levi likes to spam, with 30ish people and got done in about 5 minutes. Cerberus was kind enough to walk himself right to the group, both of them, so there was literally no running around.

That said, I had another 55 minutes to kill before I could get another KI. Kinda sucked and it would be nice if there was a reduced or no time restriction on the KI.

Yea that's the only bit that annoys me now. Go in, rape and then afk for 50 mins.
By deianeira 2011-09-22 09:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
I'm just doing WoE for the first time and it is pretty fun, even on DNC where it comes down to die, raise, NFR, RF, heal something, die, repeat...

I do kinda wish I could give the coins away since I don't need them, maybe SE will do something about that.

This is how I do it on DNC, got some ok drops. Die, bunch of coins I don't need. Phrygian ore. The temp items help a bunch though, got a fanatics and was able to get in one WS. :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cobblers
Server: Fenrir
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2011-09-22 12:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Don't see a point to ever doing a WOE weapon. You can get any other real emp much much faster(like 1/20th the time) unless you're INCREDIBLY lucky. Level 85 real emps also beat level 99 WOE weapons so...

Why does WOE exist again?

Im suprised you know what woe is like, being an Kannagi owner this ***is so below you.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-22 13:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been back to WoE since the update, but I couldn't imagine it being any worse than before
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7