Kaustra/Embrava
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-08-29 22:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can do a 3-4k spell that costs 28 MP and has a 16 sec recast. WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-08-29 22:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
You really had to post that twice? Nobody gives a ***you can deal more dmg on a single nuke when a BLM can rotate more than one, including blizzaja now and have an ability that sheds hate after doing so. Not to mention a lot of other uses a BLM has, just quit already.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-29 23:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You really had to post that twice? Nobody gives a ***you can deal more dmg on a single nuke when a BLM can rotate more than one, including blizzaja now and have an ability that sheds hate after doing so. Not to mention a lot of other uses a BLM has, just quit already.

I didn't posted twice here and i had to re-post it on sch thread, i know blm have lots of stuff than sch, still can't do better numbers, blm have blizzaja but it costs loads of mp , and the abilities have lots of recasting downtime. you just mad lulz, i love it, i also like when you stalk my youtube videos and put childish comments on stuff that i solo on my bst, making fun of you lolblusoloirrelevant <3, kinda weird how you post on every single thread on this website, and you don't post on bst solos but to talk crap/quotes about stuff that i post there , butthurt much?
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-08-29 23:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Arioch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Arioch 2011-08-29 23:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

i played around with embrava for awhile earlier today. i didn't test if enhancing skill effected it i went straight to max MP. At 1100 MP i had a straight 4 TP tic regain, at 1500 it was still 4. went into abyss with MP atma and buff put the spell up. My MP was 2600 and now i was getting 4 TP a tic and 5 TP every other tic. Next i tried with a brew and was getting 5 tp a tic and 6 every other tic

i think this shows its affected by max MP to an extent.

I also played around with kaustra this was my gear

Yama's Staff +2, Bugard leather strap +1, Witchstone
Savant's bonnet +2, Savant's chain, Hecate's earring, Novio earring
Savant's gown +2, Goliard cuffs, Diamond ring, Tamas ring
Twilight cape, Anrin obi, Cybele pants, Savant's loafers +2

i had klimaform and void storm up it was earths day also, i casted it on a single lizard for 3800 and it died from DoT idk how much the DoT was for tho. i then pulled several peistes and lizards and AoEed the spell on them
2 peists took 2462 damage the 3rd took half that the 2 lizards took 2485. the DoT did not finish any of them off they killed me and once i died my log was filled with "The effect of Kaustra wears off from XXX" for all the 5 mobs i had hit
i only did this once however but it seems the spells damage decreases like BLM ga/jas if its on multiple targets. more testing on it needs to be done tho. i've also never noticed or if the spell is just broken, do DoTs wear off when you die?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 01:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

afaik no Arioch

also this blm vs sch ***is getting old, cut it out.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-08-30 01:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

DoTs definitely are supposed to stay on a mob..thats how you prevent any regen (it totally shuts off all regen regardless of actual DoT dmg) when you wipe on BCs or NMs. So I'm guessing its borked atm

Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »

Also this! :P
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-30 02:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch > Blm

*runs away*
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-30 08:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know where to obtain yama's staff +2 and other +2 staves? my gm moogle doesnt seem to posses them. is it under a claim slip?
 Bahamut.Arioch
By Bahamut.Arioch 2011-08-30 12:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't think you can get any of those trial weapons from the moogle, the yam as i got is mine XD i worked on it lol, i just love those 300-400 MP aspirs :D
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-30 12:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok, havent finished mine, was just curious lol. on sea monks atm lol. ty for the reply tho!
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 12:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

how did you go about completing the trial if i may ask arioch
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-30 12:29:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well the beginning is the same as all of the dark side spells, like ice. but when you get to killshots, you could either drain all of ur killshots, or have a friend cata burn you mobs. cata is a lot faster, obviously.
 Bahamut.Arioch
By Bahamut.Arioch 2011-08-30 14:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah thats what i had happen, shouted for help/ offered to stick around if someone helped me till they go all the KI they wanted out of chests in the zone. Got lucky and someone was nice enough to help me out and we finished it 1 day :)

i was on WHM and kept the staff on the guy who helped was mnk/sam went pretty fast. i left him have everything from gold chests to for helping me out
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-30 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Kaustra is dark magic, has anyone tested how dark magic skill affects it?
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-08-30 15:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To finish mine, I dualboxed a puller and Cataclysm brewed in Abyssea for each camp. Built some pearl and azure, and got to it. If you're quick about brew locking, you can get a lot of pulls done(usually enough to finish your trial in one brew, except for leeches).

If you want some help, you can send me a tell in game, I'd be more than willing to pull for you.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-30 16:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

id assume you have the ice staff +2 also. would you mind doing me a favor and testing immanence skillchain with a kaustra magic burst and another skillchain with a blizard 5 magic burst. i did them a bit earlier, blizzard 5 mb on thundersday(had just missed ice day :/) did 6.9k. and kaustra was about 2k mb. my gear is a little lacking atm.

also im not sure if anyone is familiar with the skillchains that can be done by sch but ill post a few of the popular ones i like. there are a few threads about them here, here, and here.

MB an ice spell off induration chain. depending on the second spell you cast, the mb should reflect that damage. subject to resist i guess, but ive only ever done these on fodder mobs.

/ja immanence <me> <wait 1>
/ja water <t> <wait 5>
/ma "blizzard IV" <t> <wait 10>
/ja ebullience <me> <wait 1>
/ma crynohelix <t>

you can substitute any tier magic where the spells are. you would just need to make sure the wait time fits so you dont miss the window to close a chain or MB off the chain. can use multiple set ups for the chain to optimize speed or damage. for example lets say you are kiting something, you could use two t1 spells to get the chain and mb off quickly to continue kiting. and use higher tier spells for like boss fights or situations where there is a tank.

/ja aero <t> <wait 5>
/ma noctohelix <t> <wait 7>
/ma kaustra <t> (and/or comet if you have a blm friend with you)

macro:1
/ja water <t> <wait 5>
/ma "blizzard IV" <t> <wait 10>
/echo next macro!
macro:2
/ja alacrity <me> <wait 1>
/ma "blizzard V" <t>

for some tier 5 magic alacrity is needed to catch the burst window. so a second macro is needed to be able to use ebullience with the tier 5 spell.

/ja "blizzard II" <t> <wait 7>
/ma "water V" <t> <wait 11>
/ma ionohelix/anemohelix <t>

/ja "blizzard II" <t> <wait 7>
/ma "water V" <t> <wait 11>
/ma "thunder IV/aero V" <t>
(if aero V, add second macro with alacrity and ebullience)

there are a lot of options for immanence, id suggest playing around with them to see what you waits need to be. they differ based on sub job and what is used in fast cast sets.

another helpful tip is to optimize you second spell to be of the same properties of your magic burst spell. it allows your skillchain and magic burst to receive the benefits of the weather you are currently using.

these are a quick way to do a ton of damage, at the cost of 3-4 gems. hope this is helpful to any up any sch who hasnt gotten a chance to play around with immanence yet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 17:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said: »

To finish mine, I dualboxed a puller and Cataclysm brewed in Abyssea for each camp. Built some pearl and azure, and got to it. If you're quick about brew locking, you can get a lot of pulls done(usually enough to finish your trial in one brew, except for leeches).

If you want some help, you can send me a tell in game, I'd be more than willing to pull for you.
aoe'd mob kills count?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-08-30 17:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

aoe'd mob kills count?
Not only does it count but it doesn't cap like EXP per mob does when you AoE them.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-08-30 17:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
aoe'd mob kills count?
Not only does it count but it doesn't cap like EXP per mob does when you AoE them.
They fixed that issue, it's just truncated.

And yea, AoE kills count. It's what I did for my Ice Staff with another BLM.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 18:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting, if i recall right, for my dagger trials aoe'd kills didnt count, but i believe that might have been for fusetto so i guess that would make sense.

also zellc, i hadnt thought to make a dedicated macro button for self mb, i tried it a couple times, proved unreliable (im really terribad at timing these things) and never used it again. but using a 1 step macro button to execute these things i may just end up full timing them for my helix. thanks for the tip, i'll go ahead and write those out a test them.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-30 23:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting, if i recall right, for my dagger trials aoe'd kills didnt count, but i believe that might have been for fusetto so i guess that would make sense.

also zellc, i hadnt thought to make a dedicated macro button for self mb, i tried it a couple times, proved unreliable (im really terribad at timing these things) and never used it again. but using a 1 step macro button to execute these things i may just end up full timing them for my helix. thanks for the tip, i'll go ahead and write those out a test them.

whether its worth the effort is up to you. hell, it took me this long to get on board with it. im not the most extraordinary sch, but i see positive results.

is what i was wearing for these nukes.(i know ammo staff etc needs upgraded)

as it turns out, im not so pro at posting pics. i could make them screenshots and show them like that, but instead ill just post links.

pic1 pic2

will do some kaustra and comet bursts tomorrow. not gonna be able to stay up for darksday.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 23:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, putting them into 1 to 2 macros makes it far easier, i can test kaustra mbing as well tomorrow. can you mb kaustra off of blizzard -> noctohelix? also did you test to see if helix and kaustra stacks? if not i will find it in the morning.
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-31 10:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

blizzard > nocto = compression + mb kaustra does work. kaustra and helix do stack, helix wearing before kaustra effect.

skillchain mb took maybe 10% or a little more of marvins hp.(didnt have windower today, wouldnt work for me for some reason) so i dont have exact percentages.

helix wore at about 30% of his hp. and kaustra took him down to about 10-15% hp. quite impressive if you ask me.

level one skillchains are the way to go in terms of efficiency.

screenshot shows helix wearing before kaustra effect to verify that they do stack: kaustra/helix stack

id also like to note that kaustra dmg is determined by int and duration is determined by dark magic skill.

source is Camate and i got this from official forum:

"Here are a couple of things related to Kaustra that you all have been quickly trying out on the test server.

• Kaustra’s DoT effect is not activating
This was listed in the confirmed bugs on the test server, but we confirmed that if Kaustra is used on an unclaimed monster (yellow name), a problem occurs where the damage over time will not activate. We are planning to fix this.

Make sure that when you change your level or jobs via the =TEST= Moogle GM in your mog house that you check to make sure your skill levels are raised.

When job changing via the Moogle GM, depending on the job combination you select, there are cases where the maximum skill will not be set properly.*

*Specifically, when the job your are changing into does not have the same skills as the previous job, the skill value will not be set properly.

Since Kaustra’s damage over time effect duration depends on your dark magic skill, if it is zero it will deal no damage over time.

In order to avoid any confusion, when job changing at the Moogle GM please make sure to reset your level once again. This will ensure that your job has the maximum skill values (blue numbers).

• Kaustra isn’t dealing damage
Kaustra was designed with the idea that it deals initial damage plus damage over time, but for the initial damage, INT plays more of a role as a damage modifier than magic attack bonus, making the spell stronger.

If you feel like that initial hit isn’t dealing much damage, make sure to check your equipment. As stated above, don’t forget to check you dark magic skill!
"

once again, very interesting stuff here. ill edit my post later to test duration with varying skill levels. and i guess i can do initial damage too, but if there is anyone else out there on the servers, feel free to test it also.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-08-31 10:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

U jelly bro?
 Bahamut.Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-31 15:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

kaustra durations: no arts up 1:39.45(give or take a second or two); 310 dark skill; 1026 initial damage; 244 int

dark arts up 2:00.63(this one was pretty spot on); 410 skill; 974 initial; 224 int

looks like skill would be the better option on mobs with higher hp if you are trying to counteract a regen trait or just kill it quicker.

skill set consisted of af1 body, af+1 legs, dark torque and merciful cape.
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2011-08-31 21:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing on Embrava.

Everything seems to grow in tiers but at different rates. The TP Regain effect starts off at 1 TP/tick at level 5 and it appears to grow by 1 every 100 Skill.

So it looks like this:
100 Enhancing: 2 TP/tick
200 Enhancing: 3 TP/tick
300 Enhancing: 4 TP/tick
400 Enhancing: 5 TP/tick

I don't think there's enough gear to hit 500 Enhancing at the moment (if there was, I definitely don't have it).

The Haste effect scales faster. What I did was start at Lv95 and wore all my enhancing gear, used Tabula Rasa, casted the spell, then turned off Tabula Rasa to not get the Grimoire Bonus and casted Reraise. Then I repeated by gradually lowering my level.

411: 47s
381: 48s
376: 48s
369: 48s
362: 48s
355: 49s
351: 49s
311: 49s
310: 50s
305: 50s

So it appears that every 50 Skill the Tier increases. Either that or it's a gradual increase but I unfortunately don't have the patience to find out.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-31 22:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just dicking around with blizzard V, I can say I'm definitely excited

I feel almost powerful until I remember how irrelevant I am inside abyssea ; -;

Just so you're all aware flion's ballads make you lose mp

Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-08-31 22:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I love you
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10