Immanence
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Tazz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Astria
By Fenrir.Tazz 2010-12-09 08:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have more information on our new strategem, Immanence?
I tried a few spells in abyssea last night but never landed a skillchain.. .. lol was totally /random casting btw so I didnt expect much was only curious
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-09 09:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I was partied with a SCH and DNC yesterday to help get DNC and THF seals. The SCH was playing around with Immanence, and after some playing around, it seems like spells that were Immanence'd had the properties of a mono-element skillchain.

ie
Blizzard = Induration
Thunder = Impacation
etc etc

Using the skillchains wiki page as a guide, we witnessed

Immanence'd Bliizard III + Immanence'd Thunder III = Impacation
Was able to magic burst a Thunder IV afterwards

Eviseration (Transfixion property) + Immanence'd Stone V = Distortion
Was able to magic burst Blizzard IV off that

That was from extremely limited testing and assumptions made based on the description of the stratagem. If there are any other mechanics to it, I am honestly not sure.
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-12-11 16:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Won't useing http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11848/nebula-houppelande
this body be usefull with the Sch new JA?
[+]
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2010-12-21 23:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone here who have successfully self-skillchained explain the timing they used?

I've been toying with it on and off and have only seen an SC once, and it might have been a BLU closing it. I've been using Immanence + nuke > Immanence + Nuke, following the SC chart, but not getting the skillchain.

I heard mention that the "window" for skillchaining on sch is "huge" - is it possible I'm nuking too soon after the first cast? is the window that big?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 23:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if the window was big there wouldn't be a too fast unless the first one caused a skillchain... maybe not fast enough?
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-12-21 23:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ive been causing fusion using it. the window is actually incredibly small. you can do fire 4 but the next spell dont make it anything higher than a thunder2
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-12-21 23:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
ive been causing fusion using it. the window is actually incredibly small. you can do fire 4 but the next spell dont make it anything higher than a thunder2
Even with fast cast ja?
By terren1odin 2010-12-22 00:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. See I'm trying to wrap my head around screenshots like this:

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/51959

Finishing with bliz4 suggests a fairly large window, and it doesn't look like Alacrity is used there.

I wonder if the tier of spell varies the window somehow?

(can anyone tell holiday madness is keeping me from popping in-game and spending an hour testing this myself? sigh)
 Asura.Sotek
user: Otek
By Asura.Sotek 2010-12-23 09:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:

Huh? The window is no smaller than the regular SC window (around 6 seconds iirc), Fast Cast and Dark Arts pretty much make tier IV possible (which have ~8 second cast time before FC/arts is applied iirc).
I've been doing Fire IV > Thunder IV for Fusion and even Blizzard IV > Water V for Fragmentation. For tier V I am swapping in AF feet to cast faster, however. If you have +2 trial staves, this should be childs play.

I've not played around with self Magic Bursting too much, Alacrity tier IV should work, but I've just been bursting Helices. Did a 694 Ionohelix last night.

I really hope SE gives SCH some Fusion/Fragmentation/Gravitation/Distortion nukes at some point so we can sol Darkness/Light.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2010-12-23 19:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently got impact and it is affected by immanence. Also to note, Parsimony and SCH AF3+1/2 pants brings the MP cost down to around 160MP.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-12-27 17:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:

No it's not you can open with IV and end with IV with no problem.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-01-11 13:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this has been posted before but did a quick test with Savant's Bracer's +2 for Immanence.

Stone > Water > Reverberation
w/o Savant's Bracers +2, so Omega Ring (3INT) and Diamond Ring (6INT) to make up the 9INT from the bracers.
Stone (52) > Water (81) > Reverberation (40)

w/ Savant's Bracers +2
Stone (52) > Water (81) > Reverberation (44)

So, it's a 10% increase to skillchain damage. Probably a 5% increase for the +1 bracers. Also, you only need to be wearing Savant's Bracers +1/2 with the last spell casted.
 Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2011-01-17 17:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some testing and here is what i got. Its works
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/53371
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-01-17 18:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been having trouble with getting the right timing, does anyone have any tips?

Edit: I just realized that I may not be seeing the skillchain due to gear swapping after nukes.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-01-18 23:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to Britneyspears i was able to get the timing down for Immanence nukes to SC it seems like the moment you are done with the animation for the first nuke you have to use immanence then nuke again. I've been able to SC and MB many times using that method hope it helps might need to go test to get your timing down better goodluck :).
 Phoenix.Sharde
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sharde 2011-01-19 08:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have three macro's per type of SC; One to open, one to close, and the MB.

Crtl #1:
/ja "Immanence" <me>
/wait 1
/ma "Blizzard" <t>

*wait until the spell animation is done; or, since I'm Elvaan; when my character brings his arms back to his side.*

Ctrl #2:
/ja "Immanence" <me>
/wait 1
/ma "Water" <t>

*same wait as above to hit the third macro*

Ctrl #3:
(Ebulliance or Alacrity; which ever you prefer. Probably is best to work with Alacrity until you get the timing down)
/ja "Alactiry" <me>
/wait 1
/ma "Aero V" <t>

--> Fragmentation; and with any luck, MB for sh'loads of damage.

Those macro's are simplified versions, but they worked just fine for me when I was trying to understand how Immanence timing. Hope this helps :D
 Diabolos.Nehalania
Server: Diabolos
user: Nehalania
By Diabolos.Nehalania 2011-01-21 13:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still working on my timing for when I magic burst. I usually have to hit alacrity for it to get off in time. Although twice lately I've been able to do it without alacrity and just used ebullience.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [95 days between previous and next post]
 Alexander.Inuyasha
Server: Alexander
user: Inuyasha
By Alexander.Inuyasha 2011-04-27 01:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone tried Immanence with a Quickspell proc from the +2 set/Apoc? And is this a viable solo Option for SCHnuking? or am i just going to waste charges when i should be wasting them on my enhanced Ebb;s :/

Ive used it and was highly disapointed that it wasnt like Chain Affinity and soon after gave up on it....

so any advice to the usefullness of this stratagem would be MUCH appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-04-27 04:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Inuyasha said:
anyone tried Immanence with a Quickspell proc from the +2 set/Apoc? And is this a viable solo Option for SCHnuking? or am i just going to waste charges when i should be wasting them on my enhanced Ebb;s :/

Ive used it and was highly disapointed that it wasnt like Chain Affinity and soon after gave up on it....

so any advice to the usefullness of this stratagem would be MUCH appreciated.

Being able to pull off a full skill chain with just your just your own spells is incredibly difficult and to do it ending in a T4 or T5 spell is living the dream. But there are some things you can do to help in your endeavor and if you manage to succeed you'll be doing an incredible amount of damage. Why? Because to pull it off you're going to have to have top notch macros, alot of skill, and gear pimped out enough to cast the T4/5 in time.

With that in mind go put on your red mage sub and find all your fast cast gear because you're going to need it. You'll be hard pressed to end the sc in a t4/5 nuke without initiating the cast in your Scholar Loafers, Argute M.Board, +2Magian staff, and any other fastcast gear you can find (Loq./Grip).

Your macros will also need to be set up properly so you start casting in the fast cast gear and you swap it out to nuking gear halfway. You can do this by hitting another macro, using window macros, or spell cast but it is rather essential. In addition you have to know what skill chains Water>Ice makes impaction so you have to set up your macros to easily get from water to ice which can be on the same pallet or you can have a clever /macro set # command.

The real issue with the self skill chain is that hitting immanence macro then your Nuke macro takes too long. Make sure your macros close enough on your pallet so you're not going switching between odd keystrokes. As for using additional stratagems like the fast cast or damage+ well... good luck!

Another good use for this stratagem is simply knowing with what it skill chains. Sidewinder, Raging Rush, Retribution, and others can all open induration. If you're on top of your game and have the above mentioned fast cast gear and macros a 5k Bliz4 makes and induration that can easily do 4k and leave you open to follow up with a bliz3 MB.

Between Ebullience and Immanence, Immanence will almost always do more damage if done correctly it will likely do about 90% of what your bliz4 does.

As for use of the Apoc atma I'll just, say you can get lucky from time to time but more often than not it will just mess up your timing in regards to Immanence. When I play on Nin it's a double edge sword sometimes I get an instant Ichi cast that saves my butt other times it procs when I'm expecting to get hit and results in me having to recast it because it didn't overwrite my Ni shadow.

Edit: I posted a SS, on my profile, of a SC i did during my Ice staff trial . It's a simple Retribution>Bliz4 skillchain but it should give you an idea on the potential.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-06 05:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All this comes down to is timeing and knowing how soon can hit jas during first spells animations and moving into the next spell. im regularly chaining t4s and t5s without having to be geared in fast cast gear and while having only ice+2 staff done so far. The thing lot people don't seem get is how early in animations they can be hitting 2nd jas and how the schs strats jas can basically be started casting right on top of. if do need bonus times can always macro in Argute Mortarboard or hit Alacrity. Though with enough practicing on timeing shouldn't need the alacrity after a while. The one prob i have had is the quickcast on sch af3 going off either on first spell messing up timing for 2nd or going off on 2nd and actually hitting to soon leaving me with no chain and not as much dmg as expected on mob so it alive and hitting me (thank god for aquaveil update).

Now one debate i have been having (a Elvaan vs a taru sch) is does the chainskill actually beat out the dmg of 2 spells cast with just Ebullience bonuses instead. Like how much dmg are people seeing normally with their nukes bliz4 thun4 and the t5s?
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-06 16:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:

Now one debate i have been having (a Elvaan vs a taru sch) is does the chainskill actually beat out the dmg of 2 spells cast with just Ebullience bonuses instead. Like how much dmg are people seeing normally with their nukes bliz4 thun4 and the t5s?

I would definitely say Immanence will outperform Ebullience if done correctly. Ebullience with bliz3, for me, does around 3.5k and bliz4 does around 5.5k.

But doing Immanence with just water 3 and blizzard 3(not 4) has been making induration skill chains totaling 9k damage with the chance to MB a helix or proceed to thunder. Water5>bliz4 would do a ridiculous amount of damage but I couldn't tell you the damage as nothing has lived past the Water5 and bliz4.

I've not yet completed my water trial staff so my numbers are a bit low on the front end of the skillchain so optimal numbers will be different.
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Server: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-05-06 17:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:

With weather/obi/Twilight Cape/Magian+2 (+Zodiac Ring on day), my skill chain damage is doing roughly 80-90% of the closing spell's damage. I 2-shot phuabos and hpemdes on matching day.

Also, skill chains benefit from staff bonus: stick to level 1 skill chains, don't waste your time doing level 2s.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-07 13:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

I would definitely say Immanence will outperform Ebullience if done correctly. Ebullience with bliz3, for me, does around 3.5k and bliz4 does around 5.5k.

But doing Immanence with just water 3 and blizzard 3(not 4) has been making induration skill chains totaling 9k damage with the chance to MB a helix or proceed to thunder. Water5>bliz4 would do a ridiculous amount of damage but I couldn't tell you the damage as nothing has lived past the Water5 and bliz4.

I've not yet completed my water trial staff so my numbers are a bit low on the front end of the skillchain so optimal numbers will be different.

so what kinda gear set/atma u useing to hit the 5.5k bliz4?
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-07 14:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

Atma: Beyond, Ultimate, Minikin

I have a Literae hat for nukes without ebullience and am working on finding another set of diamond rings. Also I have yet to upgrade the savant's hat so there's a bit of improvement to be had.

My highest nuke in my SS folder is a 5806 bliz4 on buffalo which was during ice day and after I finished my staff. I have an immanence/ebullience SS in my profile showing a 5115 Bliz4 however, that was prior to completing my staff which you can see, though I don't recall on which game day it was taken.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-07 23:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm about only diff is i dont got +2 feet or novio. what race are u?
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

Atma: Beyond, Ultimate, Minikin

I have a Literae hat for nukes without ebullience and am working on finding another set of diamond rings. Also I have yet to upgrade the savant's hat so there's a bit of improvement to be had.

My highest nuke in my SS folder is a 5806 bliz4 on buffalo which was during ice day and after I finished my staff. I have an immanence/ebullience SS in my profile showing a 5115 Bliz4 however, that was prior to completing my staff which you can see, though I don't recall on which game day it was taken.

Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-08 08:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Heimdall said:

Elvaan, though I doubt that makes much a difference. What numbers have you been seeing?
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-05-10 02:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe w/ the new update on immanence you are now able to cast a Tier V for your SC and for MB. I just casted a Stone V and Aero V on a damselfly and created Detonation.

And btw SE is wrong on only LV 1 Skill chains you car acquire up to level 2 if you have Omniscience you can create Darkness. (Use Adloquium to give yourself TP.)

More tests sure to come from me!
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-05-10 07:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katalsar said:
I believe w/ the new update on immanence you are now able to cast a Tier V for your SC and for MB. I just casted a Stone V and Aero V on a damselfly and created Detonation.

And btw SE is wrong on only LV 1 Skill chains you car acquire up to level 2 if you have Omniscience you can create Darkness. (Use Adloquium to give yourself TP.)

More tests sure to come from me!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all they changed was the animation for Immanence and Perpetuance. You could already cast Tier V for SC and MB. Also, you could previously make Lv2 Skillchains, SE wasn't wrong, Wiki is.

LV2 SCs are:
Fire -> Thunder = Fusion
Ice -> Water = Fragmentation
Aero -> Impact = Gravitation
 Phoenix.Eckeward
Server: Phoenix
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-06-07 13:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll admit I haven't read this thread fully, but as I skimmed through I didn't see my point and I think it's another great use of Immanence while soloing, especially for the Varuna's Staff trials:

With the great Atma of the Beyond, I always hang around with my Varuna's Staff(Ice Staff) equipped. Due to Occult Accumen my nuking slowly builds TP and add Adloquium, you can get to 100tp pretty easily.
Next you need buffs, especially Aquaveil plus Immanence, Alacrity (+Ebullience), then the Skillchain is:

Starburst(Sunburst) >> Blizzard 4 = Induration (and dead mob)

And what I've learnt, the bonuses on Varuna's Staff and Atma of the Beyond will boost your SC so instead of doing only 50% of the damage of the closing nuke, it does about 80-90% of it as Cymmina said, effectively doubling your damage. :D
Also Induration is an Ice SC and will count for the trial. Only problem is you lose 3 strategems, although you probably won't need Ebullience to kill a mob.

I find Alacrity is needed other wise the nukes land too late. Another thing you might find useful is I find that the nuke technically "land" to make a SC when the animation ends. So if you open a SC with a nuke you have to wait that little bit longer before you close it, and if you want close a SC you'll need to try and be a little bit early.

{Blizzard V} {Can I have it?}
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [166 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-11-20 14:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a Script (or can write one with appropriate timing) that can auto-setup an Immanence SC with a magic burst?

Is the best thing to do T1-T5 or T1-T4 or what?
First Page 2