New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Another set advice thread
Another set advice thread
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13
By Ophannus 2013-01-09 10:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Been toying with setups and unless I'm using the spreadsheet wrong, these setup seems to be the best non-gungnir/relic/empyrean setup against average non Mul NMs.

More useful against NMs due to having ~39 more acc than the second set.

This setup is SLIGHTLY more damaging by about 1% but has less acc, though still capped for the most part unless fighting absurd L120 things.

If anyone can offer feedback or critique, I'm open to it.

P.S Phorcys Hands and Rancorous Mantle are apparently pretty overrated for TP, although Rancorous is ever so slightly better against the toughest mobs (like 0.4% better...borderline negiligble)

P.P.S Obvious improvement would be Duplus grip but that's like 30m. Remember this setup is for Herja Fork users only, R/E/M have different builds but the two builds I offer are as far as I can tell the best for DPS with the Enif being the better overall set for most things whereas the second set is a bit more damaging but fails on harder mobs due to lower acc(unless you're getting Madrigal)

P.P.P.S I haven't played since ~October so I'm unaware of meeble/neo salvage gear, so perhaps there are better pieces available now. Interestingly enough, according to Mote's spreadsheet, Regain Moonshade earring is worth quite a bit of STP.

The first set I posted has 262DPS. When I replace Rose Strap for Pole Grip and change Ghillie my STP drops to 32(need 38 for a true 5 hit) however when I replace ghillie with Regain Moonshade the DPS shoots up to 268 interestingly. Is regain moonshade worth that much? WS average falls by like 30 damage when I use Vulcan Pearl over TP Bonus Moonshade,but overall, the Brutal+Regain Moonshade for TP and Brutal+Vulcan for Stardiver beats Brtual+Ghillie for TP with Brutal+TPBonus Moonshade for WS in each simulation. Time to change back to regain moonshade? Though admittedly I always liked the regain moonshade for getting TP while weakened just by engaging or while being buffed
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-11 07:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you tried Ogier Gauntlets in there at all?

This is the sets I'm currently working towards with my Mythic and they seem to be as good as you get.

AM Down
20tp/hit
AM Up
21tp/hit

Less focus on DPS on the AM down set and instead focused on round speed, and its 20tp/hit since if you're doing Ryuno right only time AM is down is going from 0 TP so 21 TP isn't helping really.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-01-11 07:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What Ihm posted are the sets I use as well for the most part. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly look at it in sheets, but I'm fairly certain the new TP-phase standard (with no regain) will be like your AM Up set, but with the following swaps:

Ogier Hands --> Ares Gauntlets +1
Phorcys Dirs --> Ares Legs +1
Phos Belt +1 --> Goading Belt

Maintains a 5 hit, but gains more multi-hit form the ares set bonus coupled with the 2% TA on Ares Legs+1.

On another note, I'm also too much of a puss to TP in rancorous on anything without PD, so I keep atheling in the AM up set, or Letalis for acc set.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-11 07:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »
Haven't had a chance to thoroughly look at it in sheets, but I'm fairly certain the new TP-phase standard (with no regain) will be like your AM Up set, but with the following swaps:

Ogier Hands --> Ares Gauntlets +1
Phorcys Dirs --> Ares Legs +1
Phos Belt +1 --> Goading Belt

Maintains a 5 hit, but gains more multi-hit form the ares set bonus coupled with the 2% TA on Ares Legs+1.

I'm also too much of a puss to TP in rancorous on anything without PD.

Maths out worse~ You're dropping from 21.2 to 19.8 TP with that, comes out about 0.5% worse than my sets.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2013-01-11 08:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ***.
By Ophannus 2013-01-11 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried Ogier and using Ogier massively lowers the DPS in almost every combo I've tried. Rancorous is TECHNICALLY better but by such a low margin. Literally, when I swap out only Atheling for Rancorous for my TP phase, my overall DPS goes from 262.4 to 262.8. Very marginal, but on the other hand I'll die a lot less.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-11 12:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I tried Ogier and using Ogier massively lowers the DPS in almost every combo I've tried. Rancorous is TECHNICALLY better but by such a low margin. Literally, when I swap out only Atheling for Rancorous for my TP phase, my overall DPS goes from 262.4 to 262.8. Very marginal, but on the other hand I'll die a lot less.

My choice of Rancorous vs Atheling depends on what I'm doing. Whats DMG+ vs DC fodder or a Fanatics drink :D.
 Bismarck.Oswin
Server: Bismarck
user: Gatrie
By Bismarck.Oswin 2013-01-11 12:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

This is almost identical to the set I'm using right now myself, only difference I have on mine is Wrathwing Nails and Letalis Mantle for more accuracy. Thank you posting this tho I've been meaning ask for some outside opinions, good to know I've been headed in the right direction. ^_^

As for the Ryunohige holders I was looking at something like this:

Since I'm a slow turtle and haven't finished my mythic yet I'm curious, but this is what I've been aiming for. Can you tell me why this would/wouldn't be great. I know Ophannus mentioned something about Ogier's hands lowering DPS but I'm having a tough time getting around them to keep true 5-hit and a few other pieces I would like on. It's all about style you see lol.

Thank you for your thoughts :D
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-11 14:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oswin said: »

This is almost identical to the set I'm using right now myself, only difference I have on mine is Wrathwing Nails and Letalis Mantle for more accuracy. Thank you posting this tho I've been meaning ask for some outside opinions, good to know I've been headed in the right direction. ^_^

As for the Ryunohige holders I was looking at something like this:

Since I'm a slow turtle and haven't finished my mythic yet I'm curious, but this is what I've been aiming for. Can you tell me why this would/wouldn't be great. I know Ophannus mentioned something about Ogier's hands lowering DPS but I'm having a tough time getting around them to keep true 5-hit and a few other pieces I would like on. It's all about style you see lol.

Thank you for your thoughts :D

The two sets I posted above math out as the best sets for Mythic DRG atm, unless I missed something to which I'm happy to be corrected~
 Bismarck.Oswin
Server: Bismarck
user: Gatrie
By Bismarck.Oswin 2013-01-12 14:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you using set-wise for Drakesbane and Startdiver?

and yes I'd agree these would be great sets to use but Hunginn going to take sometime to get, and if that's the case will the set I posted be superior to anything else?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-13 19:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have Huginn yet or the Kokou yet, AF3+2 and Ghillie +1 are perfect replacements. I'll post up my current sets later for everything.
By Aeyela 2013-01-13 19:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
I don't have Huginn yet or the Kokou yet

What a gimp.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-01-14 13:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I was curious about drakes set, I never noticed heca hands could get crit hit dmg augments. Is it worth doing them for ryudrakes, or should I stick with lancer/phorycs?

Edit : According to spreadsheet, full augmented heca (4crit dmg) beats lancer when am is up. (755 vs 752)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-15 07:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Hey, I was curious about drakes set, I never noticed heca hands could get crit hit dmg augments. Is it worth doing them for ryudrakes, or should I stick with lancer/phorycs?

Edit : According to spreadsheet, full augmented heca (4crit dmg) beats lancer when am is up. (755 vs 752)

It is buff dependent, if your attack is high enough then they're better, but I'm pretty sure you need double minuet, chaos roll and red curry for that to work.

I'm slowly updating my goal sets atm, then just tweaking them to account for gear I do/don't have. Currently these are the best sets I've worked out, still gotta do buff levels and mob types on WS's though.

AM Down
20tp/hit
AM Up
21tp/hit

Jump High Jump Spirit Jump Soul Jump

Drakebane
Unbuffed
Stardiver
Unbuffed
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-15 08:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Those Jump Sets are like those "Find the difference" picture games haha!
Like Jump has Twilight helm, Spirit has other feets (and position switched earring/ring!):) and soul=High? (sry i have no clue about the gearsets in general just thought thats funny w)
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-15 11:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Those Jump Sets are like those "Find the difference" picture games haha!
Like Jump has Twilight helm, Spirit has other feets (and position switched earring/ring!):) and soul=High? (sry i have no clue about the gearsets in general just thought thats funny w)

Soul and High are the same yeah, they're all essentially tiny tweaks on each other xD.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tanag
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tanag
By Quetzalcoatl.Tanag 2013-01-18 10:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What would the best TP set be for OAT?
 Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: hyunkyl
By Quetzalcoatl.Hyunkyl 2013-01-18 13:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

look at page 9 :)
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-01-19 09:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »

It is buff dependent, if your attack is high enough then they're better, but I'm pretty sure you need double minuet, chaos roll and red curry for that to work.

I'm slowly updating my goal sets atm, then just tweaking them to account for gear I do/don't have. Currently these are the best sets I've worked out, still gotta do buff levels and mob types on WS's though.

AM Down
20tp/hit
AM Up
21tp/hit

Jump High Jump Spirit Jump Soul Jump

Drakebane
Unbuffed
Stardiver
Unbuffed
I would swap lancer body and phorcys for your drakes set, as well as wanion and prosilio. And still according to spreadsheet, mekira beats drachenhorn, as long as it's the right day.
By Ophannus 2013-01-19 19:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm spreadsheeting wrong but whenever I change "TP Bonus Moonshade" in my WS set to "Vulcan Pearl/Flame Pearl" and replace Ghillie Earring with "Regain Moonshade" in my TP set, my DPS shoots up significantly (by like 6 or 7 points). This is with a true 5 hit already btw. Not sure why the regain moonshade is registering as way more potent than the TP Bonus earring is.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-20 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm spreadsheeting wrong but whenever I change "TP Bonus Moonshade" in my WS set to "Vulcan Pearl/Flame Pearl" and replace Ghillie Earring with "Regain Moonshade" in my TP set, my DPS shoots up significantly (by like 6 or 7 points). This is with a true 5 hit already btw. Not sure why the regain moonshade is registering as way more potent than the TP Bonus earring is.

Is are you set on WS at 300%? 1 regain will do nothing other than get in the way of a 5hit O.o. I just tested it and my dps dropped by a chunk.

I would swap lancer body and phorcys for your drakes set, as well as wanion and prosilio. And still according to spreadsheet, mekira beats drachenhorn, as long as it's the right day.

Neither of those changes came out better for me?
By Ophannus 2013-01-20 23:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it is. I just downloaded a fresh DRG spreadsheet from Motenten and plugged in my gear then swapped out TP Bonus for Regain and my DPS jumped up like 7 points with Herja Fork, /SAM and 39STP(5hit).
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-22 04:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it is. I just downloaded a fresh DRG spreadsheet from Motenten and plugged in my gear then swapped out TP Bonus for Regain and my DPS jumped up like 7 points with Herja Fork, /SAM and 39STP(5hit).

Well theres your problem. That's not a good 5hit build at all. Your base returns with a Herja, assuming Brutal+Rajas is 16.7, you require 18.4 return which makes it an unreliable 5hit, so yeah, the Regain earring will be better for you, but if you improved your 5hit to get 21 tp/hit then you'd find your dps would be higher than your current set.
By Ophannus 2013-01-22 20:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

My TP return is 20.3. I'm rocking like 38 sTP with /SAM. Even with 20.3 TP per hit, the regain earring ups my DPS which it shouldn't.

-Edit-

You mean TP return from WS? Meh, I guess but it's hard to add more sTP to my TP set without sacrificing. I guess I could drop pole grip for rose for 41 sTP, dunno if that would help.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-23 07:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

My TP return is 20.3. I'm rocking like 38 sTP with /SAM. Even with 20.3 TP per hit, the regain earring ups my DPS which it shouldn't.

-Edit-

You mean TP return from WS? Meh, I guess but it's hard to add more sTP to my TP set without sacrificing. I guess I could drop pole grip for rose for 41 sTP, dunno if that would help.

Is your set the one posted at the top of this page? What does changing rose to a DA grip and AF3 hands to Ogiers do for your DPS? Or even better, rose to DA, Enif to AF3 and AF3 hands to Brego (Or better still Ares +1). Am too lazy to check myself though~.
By Ophannus 2013-01-23 17:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Herja's Fork
Rose Grip
Hagneia Stone
Phorcys
Ganesha
Brutal
Ghillie +1
Enif
Lancer +2
Rajas
Tyrant
Atheling
Goading
Phorcys
Lancer +2
262DPS

vs

Herja's Fork
Rose Strap
Hagneia Stone
Phorcys
Ganesha
Brutal
Ghillie +1
Enif
Ogier
Rajas
Tyrant
Atheling
Goading
Phorcys
Lancer's
257 DPS

Using various combinations of Pole/Rose/Ogier Hands/AF3/Brego came out between 257DPS and 253DPS. Swapping Ghillie+1 for Regain Moonshade and then replacing TP Bonus with Vulcan Pearl put me at 263DPS so the regain earring *somehow* wins. Also for the second set I posted in this post, putting Regain moonshade makes it jump from 257 to 260 which doesn't make sense because that set has like 50+ sTP which is WAY more than enough for a true 5 hit.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-01-24 07:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Change Rose Strap to Pole Grip in your second set and it does nudge slightly ahead of the regain earring, still though, is kinda weird and surprising /shrug. Considering most of the time that 1 regain will just be TP overflow which will be less overflow than the TP bonus grants.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-24 08:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Out of interest what does this set come out as for DPS for 90 rhongo and 95 gungir for low and hi mobs?
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2013-01-30 09:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming massive post...

Looking for some opinions:

TP:

TP return 20.1 / hit

WS:

TP return 16.6 first hit additional hits 1.2

So right away I need all hits to land on Stardiver to go 100 in 4 more hits.

Q: Anyone think its worth it to switch in Hagneia stone which would mean I'd only need the first hit and 1 extra hit to get to 100 in 4 hits. (note: I won't be getting rose strap for a while, I'm working on my Moonshade in my free/random time right now and don't plan on campaigning for strap till after)

I loose a fair bit of DPS dropping Potestas for Hagneia and it only makes a difference if I miss a hit on Stardiver.

Another option is to switch tyrants into WS set and that allows for 1 missed hit in the WS.

This all being said, throw in my jump set:

TP return 20 base tp

This keeps me at a fully landed Stardiver + OAT proc on spirit jump brings me to 100 tp. (I think, I'm kinda unsure here about how tp return works on spirit jump, I could really use some advice on jump set.)

Q: the tp bonus on empy feet is added into the dmg formula of the jump or thats a bonus 5 tp returned after? If it's after I can swap in some more attack or something.

I guess the overall question is do you think its better to risk it on a 4/4 Stardiver to 4 hit to 100 (2 OAT procs) or would it be better build in some allowance for missed hits. Personally I prefer to just gamble on 4 hits to 100, with procs and stuff chances are I'm left with an extra hit above 100 half the time anyhow, but I wouldn't mind seeing some opinions, in case I messed up on math or left out some gear I'm not thinking of.

Note: most things I'd be doing is Neo-nyzul, neo and old salvage, ein, limbus, namis, meebles etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13