First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-11-18 22:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said: »
Glad we all agree on the kill the ranking system all together.

But how will we know who's leeter?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-11-18 22:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we just abolish the ranking system?
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-18 22:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
In this thread: everyone bots fishing but no one afks letting generous people kill NMs for them while they sleep.

Substantially easier to bot fishing than it is to get a Japanese person to let you sleep while they kill things.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-11-18 22:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Why abolish the ranking system? Who is it hurting?
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-18 22:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »

Still have the achievements page so you have bars to look at >:
Bismarck.Eburo said: »
Why abolish the ranking system? Who is it hurting?
it'll hurt the guy who bumped the thread so he can get more points closer to that 1 he wants.
so its gooood
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-18 22:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
In this thread: everyone bots fishing but no one afks letting generous people kill NMs for them while they sleep.

Substantially easier to bot fishing than it is to get a Japanese person to let you sleep while they kill things.
I wish this JP that finished his trial 2 hours ago would let me sleep :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-18 22:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
'Cause you can't bot either of those things.
Job Levels
  • A single level 95 job = 6,572 points

• 20 level 95 jobs = 131,440 points

• Time it takes = Roughly 20... lets say 40 days.

• Amount of effort needed: None, just afk and pay a group to level your jobs.

Crafting
  • A single level 100 craft: 5,000 points

• A subcraft to level 60: 2,000 points

• Leveling fishing to 100: 5,000 points

• Leveling synergy to 80: 7,000 points

• A single level 100 craft with 7 subs at 60, 100 fishing and 80 synergy: 31,000 points

• Crafts you can't bot: None, even synergy is able to now

• Time it takes = If you had unlimited gil... probably 30-60 days. Realistically about 2+ years depending on the player.

Missions
  • Nation Missions: 1,000 points at rank 10

• Finishing Rise of Zilart: 1,500 points

• Finishing Chains of Promathia: 3,500 points

• Finishing Treasures of Aht Urhgan: 2,100 points

• Finishing Assault: 2,000 points

• Finishing Wings of the Goddess: 3,000 points

• Finishing Campaign: 2,000 points

• Finishing A Crystalline Prophecy/A Moogle Kupo D'Etat/A Shantotto Ascension: 500 points each, 1,500 points total

• Completing all missions: 16,600 points

• Time it takes to complete all: At least 30 days

• Missions you can't bot: All of them

I really don't understand the "no you can't have it because you can bot it" excuse, it is getting extremely old.

Besides, by rejecting an idea simply because it can be done with a bot just tells me you encourage botting, which isn't allowed in the game. If you measure the difficulty of something by doing it w/o a bot, then fishing is by far one of the more demanding tasks in this game and has one of the worst time/rewards. You don't have to do work to level anymore, you didn't even have to do work to level a craft... you just put in the mats and leveled it. You do need gil to level it, or time to farm the materials, but that should come with the task. Fishing is the opposite, no cost but huge time investment with a low gil reward.

I think that ebisu is the greatest display of endurance and dedication in this game outside of relic.

Yes, you can be lucky and get your shoot and silk fast. Yes, you can have an ebisu owner do the work for you while you pay or have a friend do it for you for free.

So how is this any different then any other point category in this game that all players qualify for? Everyone can level jobs fast, everyone can level fishing, everyone can level a craft, everyone can do missions, and among the things that you can bot anyone has access to it.

Because you can bot to earn ebisu that means you shouldn't get any points for it. This should also be true for anything you don't necessarily have to put any work into or you can bot, which includes all those job levels, all those crafts you can bot, all that time and effort you put into just like fishers put time into earning ebisu yet don't get recognized for their efforts. Leveling 20 jobs to 95 isn't special anymore. Leveling a craft to 100 is impressive, but not nearly as much as it use to be.

If you can't give points to ebisu then I think it should only make sense to remove the points for job levels. That makes sense to me... it doesn't take that much effort to do it at all anymore yet look how many points it gives you. All those crafts can stay, simply because you invest gil into it, but maybe shouldn't be worth so much since you can just bot your way there too.

I see no reason not to make ebisu an achievement. I've said it before, even if it was worth 0-1 point it would be worth it to the people who have took the time to make one. We aren't asking for an unfair advantage, it is just something that has been asked for for a long time now and I think is way past time to add.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-18 23:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xeth said: »

Most of the top over all servers don't even gear swap. lol
Don't go telling on yourself~
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-18 23:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally this is what I think point standings should be:

• Level 99 Job: 500 points (10,000 points total)

• Level 100 Craft: 2,000 points

• also because soon you'll have access to 2 level 100 crafts

• Level 50 Sub-Craft: 500 points

• Level 100 Fishing: 2,000 points

• Ebisu Achievement: 500 points

• Level 100 Synergy: 2,000 points

• Missions: Stay the same as they are

• Relic: 5,000 points

• Mythic: 8,000 points

• Empyerian: 500 points

• When SE finally updates their linkshell community to show what level of empyerian you have then maybe these can be worth more (500 > 750 > 1,000 > 5,000)

I think mythic would be a little too high for this, would have to be adjusted properly I think. Maybe only 6,000.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-11-18 23:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't really see the point in a achievement system as it's not like it actually counts every player anyway, only the registered ffxiah users.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-18 23:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Don't really see the point in a achievement system as it's not like it actually counts every player anyway, only the registered ffxiah users.
I think that is even a greater quality toward the system. If you don't use the website then you're not apart of it. This system is for the active/participating players of FFXI that uses FFXIAH.

Why should you care about someone who doesn't use the website and doesn't participate on it. Would be worthless info I think.
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2011-11-18 23:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

your server must suck then. i have no trouble killing nms for other Players. JP or NA at any time of the day. vice Versa. JPs on my server have finished trials for me. i have also returned the favor at the following NMs. in some cases different weapons. With out communicating a single word to each other. just seacommed the trial we were on and turned our party flags on and killed placeholders.

Honestly, everyone needs to stop derailing the thread. most PoV here have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Should Ebisu Fishing rod be added to the list of achievements. if so, how many points should be awarded?

Arguing its status or the achievement/ranking system has nothing to do with this.

1/4 and 2/8 is the same Value of 50% in a ranking system.
everyone should stop focusing on the fact that someone mentioned a weapon isnt value what you this it is. because it doesnt need to change. you are all arguing the same point because at the end the day someone will be ranked higher than you when they have achieved more than you. whether or not value of the achievement is 500 or 5000 points. the point is the journey not the end result.

Changing the current point values are irreverent to the topic. Also the ranking system is just a numerical comparison.

Players who made the effort to fish the rod and complete the quest. should be honored. not the fact of how cool it is or how ppl can exploit the system. Every aspect of every achievement has its flaws.
[+]
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-11-19 00:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

lol so true
 Asura.Elvaton
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2011-11-19 00:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

what the hell is a "gear swap"?
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-19 00:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Courtesy of Xeth.
[+]
 Bismarck.Koroma
user: Koroma
By Bismarck.Koroma 2011-12-08 20:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Deffinitly yes, for the ebisu rod.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-08 20:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This again? No they shouldn't be worth any achievement points, what about the guy who buys one fish and goes 1/1 on both? It's just dumb luck, maybe we should give achievement points to people who get anything but logs in VW.
[+]
 Bismarck.Koroma
user: Koroma
By Bismarck.Koroma 2011-12-08 20:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

poidh
By Nevill 2011-12-08 20:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
It's just dumb luck

This is why I say it should not be an achievement. And I am an ebisu owner.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-08 20:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This again? No they shouldn't be worth any achievement points, what about the guy who buys one fish and goes 1/1 on both? It's just dumb luck, maybe we should give achievement points to people who get anything but logs in VW.

Well what about them being a relic? And what about people who level up 3 jobs to 95 from 30 in one day getting more achievement points than someone with a relic? Ebisu on average takes weeks to months to get.

That's like saying relics shouldn't be achievements because of them being rewards for mog bonanza.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-12-08 20:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know anything about this average. Everyone around me contradicts it. EVERYONE.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-08 20:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know anything about this average. Everyone around me contradicts it. EVERYONE.

BS you are the contradiction to your own average normalness
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-12-09 09:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This again? No, mythics shouldn't be worth any achievement points, what about the guy who buys one mog bonanza ball and goes 1/1 on a mythic weapon? It's just dumb luck, maybe we should give achievement points to people who get anything but logs in VW.

FTFY

It took me about 20 times longer getting my ebisu than it took to complete my empyrean, or level any of my more recent jobs to 95. Congrats to some lucky *** that goes 1/1 on both items, it took me close to 1000 fish total to finish. The luck involved to go 1/1 on both items would be equivalent to winning a mythic in the mog bonanza so that point is irrelevant. Not to mention they still have to get fishing to 88+ and spend a month or better getting fishing GP to unlock the quest.

All Kalilla's points posted above about the comparison between the ebisu quest vs. every other "achievement" is completely valid.

Add the damn rod already.

edit: guess I should read all the replies since Serj basically already said the same thing as me.... meh, whatever
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-12-09 09:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

for the ppl who says you just wants it mentioned but no points.
Make a screenshot. type it in you little text box above.

ppl can see it now
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-09 09:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
This again? No, mythics shouldn't be worth any achievement points, what about the guy who buys one mog bonanza ball and goes 1/1 on a mythic weapon? It's just dumb luck, maybe we should give achievement points to people who get anything but logs in VW.

FTFY

It took me about 20 times longer getting my ebisu than it took to complete my empyrean, or level any of my more recent jobs to 95. Congrats to some lucky *** that goes 1/1 on both items, it took me close to 1000 fish total to finish. The luck involved to go 1/1 on both items would be equivalent to winning a mythic in the mog bonanza so that point is irrelevant. Not to mention they still have to get fishing to 88+ and spend a month or better getting fishing GP to unlock the quest.

All Kalilla's points posted above about the comparison between the ebisu quest vs. every other "achievement" is completely valid.

Add the damn rod already.

edit: guess I should read all the replies since Serj basically already said the same thing as me.... meh, whatever

There isn't the ability to do a mog bonanaza everyday and it obviously doesn't apply to this situation. lol onoes they have to fish bot to 88+ and make sure they buy or fish up 3~22 fish a day, golly that is rough. If people are arguing for this, then maybe we should get Maat's cap back? Why should that be taken off but not some rod that can be obtained by trading two fish at minimum.
 Asura.Izilder
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2011-12-09 10:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lets not give points for anything, what is an achievement these days anyway.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-09 10:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't bother me, you might actually save some peoples lives in the process!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12