First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Asura.Broki
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Broki
By Asura.Broki 2011-04-26 18:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

DuzellLevi said:
An Ebisu Rod should easily be worth at least as many achevement points as a Empyrian Weapon.

Approve
[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
Server: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-04-26 18:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm for it as well for pretty much the same reasons given already. :)
[+]
 Kujata.Rhydia
Server: Kujata
user: Rhydill
By Kujata.Rhydia 2011-04-26 18:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea of some recognition for obtaining Ebisu. The botting argument is invalid when you consider that the relic weapons can be obtained through rmt.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-26 18:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm all for it, but i think jearik gave a long explanation at some point as to why he wasn't willing to do it
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-26 18:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Except when you factor in the fishing bots into the equation and then the difficulty is significantly lowered. If they add this, then Maat's Cap should be readded. Both of which I'm against.

i would be willing to bet quite a bit that 50% or more relics are also obtained by some less than kosher means
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-26 18:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Except when you factor in the fishing bots into the equation and then the difficulty is significantly lowered. If they add this, then Maat's Cap should be readded. Both of which I'm against.

i would be willing to bet quite a bit that 50% or more relics are also obtained by some less than kosher means

lmao, based on 0 facts or data that's quite a statement. I couldn't begin to say whether it's true or not don't see how most could.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nixak
Server: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2011-04-26 18:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Do you mean the ninja lotting or exploiting others work?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-26 18:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, fire it up. Might get more people interested in Fishing. Why not?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-26 18:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nixak said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Do you mean the ninja lotting or exploiting others work?

i'd say the most common less than kosher means was large scale exploitation of dyna lses, which, as it directly hurts others, is a lot less kosher to me than fishbotting

i'd say quite a few were also obtained through fish or farmbotting

and an appreciable number were obtained partially or almost entirely through rmt

i imagine that server transferred ls banks also provided the funds for a few
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-26 18:22:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

lmao, based on 0 facts or data that's quite a statement. I couldn't begin to say whether it's true or not don't see how most could.

i said i'd be willing to bet on it, not that i know it to be true beyond all shadow of a doubt
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-26 18:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

ARRRRRRRRRRR EMMMMMMMMMM TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ARRRRRRRRRRRR EMMMMMMMMMM TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEE

every single person i knew who got relic without the help of a linkshell bought gil to some extent or another

and a good number of the people who had linkshell help before the lolocoaster bans a few years back used duping, the single largest ban event of this game.

how you like them facts?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-04-26 18:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We aren't going to be making further tweaks to the Achievements system. I believe Scragg has posted to that fact several times recently. Every time we make a tweak, it makes a new set of users happy at the cost of making nearly the same number unhappy, and there is little value in us continuing to serve as a proxy for back-and-forth arguments among players about relative in-game value propositions.

We've had the talk about Ebisu at least half a dozen times over the years. It generally comes down to people with the rod wanting additional achievement points, and people without it wanting it to not be counted. The general consensus and vote each time has been not to count it, and I'm resistant to revisiting the topic again at this point.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-26 18:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

DuzellLevi said:
An Ebisu Rod should easily be worth at least as many achevement points as a Empyrian Weapon.

Approve

I agree with this.

Edit: nvm, the bossman have spoken!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-26 18:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I know people who have 2-3 relics from fish boting. Having a relic is no more an achievement than having anything else in this game anymore. People cheat everything to death to lower the wow factor of things. And when people who have spent months on achieving something, like their ebisu rod, are shot down because of people botting or getting lucky going 1/1.

Why do we rate our "achievements" so high over others now. Everything is being dumbed down for new players so everyone can get anything they want. Saying you have a relic is no more impressive than an empyerian. How many Lik and Gugrusaurus it took you to get your ebisu is much more interesting than, "Yea, I have lots of gil so I bought me 1 weapon".

Achievements aren't impressive anymore, its just a way to show off you have something on your player page. And in that sense I think Ebisu meets that category just as much as any relic or empyerian would.

You know what I think is an achievement? Being the first of 100 players to get something. The first 100 players to get maat's cap was an achievement. The first player to get one even had their own story published on the vana'diel journal. Just because something isn't as impressive now doesn't lower the difficulty it was back then.

It is not we who lowers the importance of items, it is the decisions squareenix makes for all of us.
[+]
By Raborn 2011-04-26 18:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm in the questionable crowd on this subject.

Define achievement during today's FFXI.

For instance:
At one time Black Belt was a milestone in a Monk's career.
At one time getting any job to 75 took many hours of play.
At one time getting the best gear took months, perhaps years.
The best weapons in the game? Years to achieve.

And now:
lolBlackBelt who don't has one? ( yeah yeah a few people who bandwagoned after Abyssea )
who doesn't have 6+ jobs at level 90?
who doesn't have at least 1 +2 piece of armor?
At this current point, most people own an Empyrean weapon of level 80 or more on one job (from what I've been seeing).
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-26 18:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the new update is going to allow us to send relics over to mules. There won't be a way to distinguish which character owned it so there are going to be mules with achievements now as well~

Even more the reason there is nothing worth as much as it use to be anymore.

nvm~
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-04-26 19:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Also, the new update is going to allow us to send relics over to mules. There won't be a way to distinguish which character owned it so there are going to be mules with achievements now as well~

Even more the reason there is nothing worth as much as it use to be anymore.
False. Only Ex items. Not Rare/ex items.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-26 19:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

incidentally, eisbu is about the only thing i can think of where the difficulty of obtaining it hasn't decreased drastically post-abyssea
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-26 19:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, says undeliverable. Nvm then.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-26 19:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
incidentally, eisbu is about the only thing i can think of where the difficulty of obtaining it hasn't decreased drastically post-abyssea

The only thing that has lowered the difficulty of obtaining an ebisu is mog bonanza.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-26 19:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And even Empyerans are offered in mog bonanza and are considered an achievement >.>
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-26 19:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

If anything, it increased, since now most Ebisu Fishers sell those fish that NPC for 10k+ instead of fishing more Like or Gugs, right?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-26 19:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I do. Its much easier to trust a stable income than pray for people needing lik and gugs. Half the price but instant gil in your pocket plus you can sell a hell of a lot more per day.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaizen
user: Jaisen
By Lakshmi.Jaizen 2011-04-26 19:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

yes.. that ***still hard to get.

nvm...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-04-26 19:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh, the only people I've really seen with Ebisu are fish bots. Obvious fish bots at that. I don't feel like being able to turn your bot on and walk away is an achievement.

And there are more and more quite obvious bots, and not just fish bots, these days. GMs don't care about them anymore either. Try to report one and all you get is an automated message saying go to some website and fill out a report and even then, I have a feeling they don't look at those either.

Saying this is as hard to get as an Empryean weapon, no. You have to at least be at the computer the entire time and actually doing stuff. I think (and I hate to say this) Draylo put it best...
Leviathan.Draylo said:
You can't 100% bot relics. You can't just afk and come back to a bunch of empy items in your inventory... You have to actually farm/buy pop items, pop the said NM, proc red, kill it etc etc. No bot that can do all that for someone while they afk.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-04-26 19:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Yeah, and the same for the rating system!!!!11oneone

We should do nothing in general because it might make a bunch of people unhappy! ***, I ate an egg to make myself happy and some vegan firebombed my car. I am going to not do anything at all except take LSD and believe I am an orange sitting in a corner. EDIT:Oh, wai-- a bunch of people are unhappy about drugs, I forgot.
Being sarcastic again?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-04-26 19:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Yeah, and the same for the rating system!!!!11oneone

We should do nothing in general because it might make a bunch of people unhappy! ***, I ate an egg to make myself happy and some vegan firebombed my car. I am going to not do anything at all except take LSD and believe I am an orange sitting in a corner. EDIT:Oh, wai-- a bunch of people are unhappy about drugs, I forgot.
Being sarcastic again?
You have to ask?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12