Link | Quote | Reply

I see it on windower devs and guildwork devs
 Cerberus.Dragoonslayer
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anarchy69
By Cerberus.Dragoonslayer 2011-04-27 16:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got into fishing, and looking at what has to be done for ebisu seems insaine. Definatly worth relic recognition because -- as stated before -- it takes imense luck and a lot of time that a bot fisher wouldn't give two craps about. I'm pro ebisu relic!
By Fodder 2011-04-27 16:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrians are generally far easier than Ebisu. Sure you can get lucky, but many ppl turned in over 1.5k Gugrus/Liks over the course of months to complete it. Then consider 60-90+ daily trips to the guild to build GP and the associated fishing for GP fish. Ppl are cranking out Emps in 2-3 days now (less even?). In terms of effort required, Ebisu > Emperian. If effort is what AP are attempting to enumerate it seems like Ebisu should count if Emps do. My vote would be either have both be worth points or neither.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-27 17:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Also what is purple for anyway?

Purple is VIP people close friends/affiliates to the site like Stanislav (creator of Guildwork).

All in all it basically means you're a pimp, nuff' said
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-27 17:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Purple is VIP people close friends/affiliates to the site like Stanislav (creator of Guildwork).

All in all it basically means you're a pimp, nuff' said
Should have gone for blue instead. At least it's not neon pink.
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-04-27 17:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

people who can think this is comparable to a relic really dont have a grasp on what relics take, my friend upgrade an ebisu maybe 2-3 months of logging in 2-3 times a week for a few hrs, hardly breaking a sweat, but upgrading my relic(in 2007) for me took a year of work after i had completely decided to go for it(june 2006), thats like, farming/crafting/nm's all day everyday, events and stuff(cause hnmls existed during those times) all day/everyday i could, and even then, it still took time/grueling effort to get all the currency, even when purchasing from multiple groups, checking every bazaar on the server, even with a bottomless wallet for currency, its still a ton of work. and that doesnt include att/frag(which are easy nowadays, but back then you had to have a HNMLS who does dyna or there was very little chance of getting one outside of purchasing it, which is something no one sells on ragnarok)

i think it should have some recognition, maybe the fishing rod icon under their name, but giving it points comparable with a relic, is completely incomparable. also, its not like im gung ho against it, i have fishing myself, and i could start farming lik/gugru if i wanted. i just wanted to express how not even a glimmer of it can compare to journey required to get a relic, points would be fine, but comparable to a relic, never.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-27 17:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We're not wanting it to be worth as much as a relic...

I'm simply asking for it to be a 0 point achievement.

And the only reason these achievements are in the relic section is because that's what the section is called~ not our call.
 Ragnarok.Matix
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2011-04-27 17:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying you did, what i mean is that, in general, i think it should give points yes; but i appended that cause some ppl ARE implying it should be comparable to a relic, which in that case, it doesn't compare

yeah, a 0 point achievement i think would be awesome, even giving a little points, (i don't know how much points actual things like relic/myth/emp/anything that gives achievements, give, so i cant suggest an amount)
 Bahamut.Alukat
Server: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-04-27 17:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

relic is anywhere between 10000 & 20000, don't know the excact number, because i haven't checked them before i got mine, but it is somewhere in that range.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-27 18:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i believe empyreans are 3000 relics are 12000 and mythics are 18000.
 Unicorn.Nitsuj
VIP
Server: Unicorn
user: framerate
By Unicorn.Nitsuj 2011-04-27 19:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik, thanks for the post(s). Man there is a lot of noise in this thread, sorry about that.

I didn't see mention of making Ebisu Rod recognized as a relic (in the "relic bar" under your name) but NOT give any points? Could it be assigned as a relic with 0 achievement points, and all relics with achievement == 0 are ignored on the "Achievements" tab that shows the breakdown points?

All in all, it's not a huge deal, just an idea. I respect and understand your situation against it, and appreciate you taking the time to respond.

The 0 point thing is kind of beating a dead horse, I know. It was seriously just a lot of work :P

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Pretty sure it's technically just given for "significant contribution to the FFXI community".
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-04-27 19:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If it gave points or showed as one of those notable items (much like Maat's Cap used to be) I might just work on my ebisu again!

+1 vote from me
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-27 19:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Nitsuj said:
Jaerik, thanks for the post(s). Man there is a lot of noise in this thread, sorry about that.

I didn't see mention of making Ebisu Rod recognized as a relic (in the "relic bar" under your name) but NOT give any points? Could it be assigned as a relic with 0 achievement points, and all relics with achievement == 0 are ignored on the "Achievements" tab that shows the breakdown points?

All in all, it's not a huge deal, just an idea. I respect and understand your situation against it, and appreciate you taking the time to respond.

The 0 point thing is kind of beating a dead horse, I know. It was seriously just a lot of work :P

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

Pretty sure it's technically just given for "significant contribution to the FFXI community".
Cool.
The general consensus here is just that, make it a 0 point thing like you said.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-04-27 20:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what about people who got it from Bonanza? we going to have a way to separate them from those who worked at it because they dropped 10k on a marble and won it or we just going to lump them in with the real players too?
By DuzellLevi 2011-04-27 20:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
what about people who got it from Bonanza? we going to have a way to separate them from those who worked at it because they dropped 10k on a marble and won it or we just going to lump them in with the real players too?

people got relics from the nomad moogle bonanza last year, im pretty sure their relics count. its owning it thats important.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-04-27 20:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DuzellLevi said:
its owning it thats important.
I thought this entire thread was "i worked my *** off to get this, so I want to see it on my page" not "I have it, so let me flaunt it."
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-04-27 20:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
You can get Empyrean weapons from bonanza too~
[+]
 Phoenix.Talila
Server: Phoenix
user: Talila
By Phoenix.Talila 2011-05-26 09:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just adding my voice to this petition ._. And again, I'm not saying it should be worth as much as a relic/mythic, but I do feel it should be worth some points (empy?), or at least considered an achievement. It was hard work to get, and if you don't get lucky it can take months or years of going to Rabao just to fix a stupid broken rod because none of your friends have WW leveled.

And I do think getting Ebisu is harder than getting an Empy, considering the luck factor in everything (getting catches, not breaking your rod, Zaldon gutting the fish, etc.)

Anyways, ramble ramble...just give us an achievement of some sort for all our hard work! Pretty please! :(
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2011-05-26 09:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ebisu is the fishing pole relic!like amanomurakumo is the relic of the great katanas :P
anyway,bot or not,apart you cant afk bot for gugrus,its a joke only if you get the items less than 1/50 on both.but comsidering nowdays there arent ppl that sell lik and gugrus easily,and more,no ppl willing to,you end up fishing these.and if you gonna fish whit lu shang,it can take 2 years even if you bot,because you cant bot afk whit lu shang,since it get break every 4 5 fish you get.you should have ww leveled,but even so,its effort and time consuming,if you get bad on lyuck,you virtually will never close it,because getting 3k ish whit lu shang,bot or not,can take 2 years + lol,unless you hav 20 mules fishing and all whit ww leveled,but we talking about normal ppl,not brain dmg ppl ^^
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-05-26 11:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

My opinion - it should be recognized as an achievement.

1) Unless you buy all the fish or have an ebisu friend, you're going to need WW 72+ to repair your shang.
2) You've gotta get fishing 88+ to unlock the quest.
3) You'll need 95k guild points
4) You're subject to some of the worst "droprates" in the game when dealing with zaldon.

Comparing to effort required for an empyrean weapon:

I've been working on Almace and I literally afk'd through over 1/2 of the first 9 trials while other party members spawned & killed the NMs - that's no different effort-wise than a fisher using a bot. So, basically the only thing the emp weapon achievement is recognizing is that you killed the level 80 almace NM 25 to 50 times, or paid someone to do it for you. That's no more impressive than items 1-4 in the list above.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-26 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I got my ebisu without woodworking and didn't always have someone to fix my lu shang. I spent a lot of my gil on repairing it in that quest.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [176 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2011-11-18 22:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ebisu should be recognized as an achievement.

i believe it should be worth 1-2k points. fishing 100 itself is worth 5k while other crafts are 3k.

You got the points for getting Fishing to 100. so the cant count that as a reason. you have to look at the pure difficulty of the quest. which i believe it worth something. the debate about it being a relic is lol and neither here nor there. it is not worth the point value of a relic or empy. the Luck factor and botting ability of completing the quest is enough reason to devalue the rod. that can be easily argued about fishing itself.

However, it shouldn't be downplayed because of the methods it can be obtained. Any method can be manipulated. For example, Gils for relic can obtained unfairly. Dynamis alone puts out alot of currency post update since its a money maker for a lot of players. Now a day currency is every where being farmed everyday. it a matter of being able to afford it. Honestly, a few months of real dedication to a goal and you'll have it. you get 12k points.

As for emps, i find it comical. the only real challenge in getting am emp is find a way to convince a group ppl to help you get the items. SE made emps to an easy alternative.

where is the real difficulty. the time it takes to have nms respawm? the NM trials can be afk'd, the vnms and emp drops can be duoed.

at very least its a a grind of shouts or linkshell event for a week or 2?
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-18 22:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
you have to look at the pure difficulty of the quest.
What difficulty are you talking about?
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-11-18 22:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly fishing 100 and Ebisu should be the ONLY achievements the way FFXI is now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-18 22:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

'Cause you can't bot either of those things.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-18 22:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that folks are farming the first form of the easiest Empyreans (Fistule, Carabosse, Briareus. Can dual-box those in like two days each; that's 8 Empyreans.) just to jack up their score, and then never touch the weapons again, I'd call Ebisu an achievement.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-11-18 22:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say doing all of those weapon's pre-trials is more an achievement than botting your fishing skill to 100 and/or botting a metric *** of the fish necessary for Ebisu.

..and then I remember that the rating system is completely arbitrary, and that arguing about what should count and what shouldn't is a waste of everyone's time.
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-11-18 22:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What about fish-botting and buying a whole relic?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-18 22:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

In this thread: everyone bots fishing but no one afks letting generous people kill NMs for them while they sleep.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-18 22:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad we all agree on the kill the ranking system all together.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12