Why Do You Get So Mad About Bots?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Why do you get so mad about bots?
Why do you get so mad about bots?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-30 13:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I sincerely hope you don't use XIclopedia to look at maps you didn't have too, especially if you use them at the same time as you play.

Go shout in PJ that you use wiki maps and then go shout that you bot and see what happens.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 13:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If you buy black sole or dil off the auction house to use in cooking, you support botting. If you invite white mages, red mages, or scholars to your abyssea alliance, odds are you support botting.

We all support botting. Get over it.

Shh, don't tell them their delicate minds can't handle not being a bastion of good on an MMORPG.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 13:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I sincerely hope you don't use XIclopedia to look at maps you didn't have too, especially if you use them at the same time as you play.

Go shout in PJ that you use wiki maps and then go shout that you bot and see what happens.
I'm sure I'll get a load of hypocrites replying.
By Serj 2011-03-30 13:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Thank you captain redneck. Where's the beer? Nascar is coming on.
Sorry i'm not a farmer from the 1020's, i don't drink nor watch Nascar.

Why are there two dudes in your avatar picture?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-30 13:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't get why you feel the need to justify doing what you do.. why not just do it and move on with your lives?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-30 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I'm sure I'll get a load of hypocrites replying.

Just pointing out that SE has a certain methods. You compare the two but SE clearly sees them differently.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-30 13:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:

Because one cheat is worse then the other apparently.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-30 13:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's your logic, actually. Your strawman arguments to be exact.

Which you set another one up. Trends have existed long before XIAH ever went up, I'm sorry you're unable to see that. People were eviscerating the AH long before this website, and making bank - money that they still have today. Milkyway on Cerberus is one example.

And I assume all people suck until they prove it to me otherwise, in game, but that's a personal rule more than an argument.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 13:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
I just don't get why you feel the need to justify doing what you do.. why not just do it and move on with your lives?

Who's saying we're justifying it?

I'm just pointing out the faulty logic that people who bot are somehow bad at XI. (As if XI has that much of a skill ceiling anyway)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-30 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I see.. well I just see a lot of the oh im a cheater? well you cheat by being here or looking there so your a cheater too ha! lol...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 13:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
It's your logic, actually. Your strawman arguments to be exact.

Which you set another one up. Trends have existed long before XIAH ever went up, I'm sorry you're unable to see that. People were eviscerating the AH long before this website, and making bank - money that they still have today. Milkyway on Cerberus is one example.

And I assume all people suck until they prove it to me otherwise, in game, but that's a personal rule more than an argument.

Botting has existed long before 'famous' bots have existed. I made simple scripts way back in the day that would craft continuously. Official bots have made it easier, like AH has made finding trends easier.

And if you assume that, my original assumption that you're extremely egotistical is correct.
 Diabolos.Megatron
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-03-30 13:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:

that is a picture of me and my wife of 14 years.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-03-30 13:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end, bots simply make people feel slighted.

Why is this guy running ridiculously fast at the drop of a hat when I've been going at default speed for years?

Why do I always lose claim on this NM I've been camping for weeks while using only conventional methods?

Why is this guy PLing and able to go to bed while I have to stay up and push a button over and over for hours to get the same result?

Why can this guy walk through a door while I have to do a painstaking quest just to get through it?

There are countless examples, but the same questions repeat in the head of someone who does not bot, but witnesses one who does.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-30 13:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:

Who's saying we're justifying it?

I'm just pointing out the faulty logic that people who bot are somehow bad at XI. (As if XI has that much of a skill ceiling anyway)

Why start a thread like this, I don't claim that botters lack skill, some do some don't. Some use it as an aid because they really do fail but others just so they can be lazy.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 13:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
I see.. well I just see a lot of the oh im a cheater? well you cheat by being here or looking there so your a cheater too ha! lol...

Well it is true, If people want to make encompassing blanket statements, they should be prepared for a backlash.

Using windower in itself is cheating, so is using AH and so is dat modding.
By Artemicion 2011-03-30 13:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:

Well it is true, If people want to make encompassing blanket statements, they should be prepared for a backlash.

Using windower in itself is cheating, so is using AH and so is dat modding.

True, in one form or another we've violated the EULA or Terms of Service; however, the more dire ones that get addressed more than others would be ones that affect in game balance directly.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-30 13:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol...
By Serj 2011-03-30 13:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Megatron said:
Serj said:

that is a picture of me and my wife of 14 years.

Oh, really . . .

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-03-30 13:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we talk about cheating on this site?

This site is a giant cheat mod.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-03-30 13:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

1.People posses an innate need to be accepted even if they don't consciously realize it.

2.People feel the need to be superior to others. Some do this by using programs that help them do it and others feel their noble morals make them better.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-03-30 13:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:

The argument has actually shifted to using this AS an argument ..to..use..in this..discussion. Whether it's legit or just a straw-man.

Almost said argument too many times. :D

So it's like an argument inside of an argumemt?!

Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-03-30 13:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
Why do we talk about cheating on this site? This site is a giant cheat mod.
The argument has actually shifted to using this AS an argument ..to..use..in this..discussion. Whether it's legit or just a straw-man. Almost said argument too many times. :D
You got distracted and saw a reflection of the mustache didn't you?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-30 14:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Botting has existed long before 'famous' bots have existed. I made simple scripts way back in the day that would craft continuously. Official bots have made it easier, like AH has made finding trends easier.
Which basically equates finding trends on the AH as cheating. Good job.
Quote:
And if you assume that, my original assumption that you're extremely egotistical is correct.
If your understanding of humans is so one-dimensional, than sure, you could make that argument. Assuming people suck does not equate to zero compassion or an elitist ideology however. It only infers that my gaming experience has led me to distrust new faces and to trust only those who I've seen in action, or people whom I can verify their ability to handle situations quickly.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 14:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Which basically equates finding trends on the AH as cheating. Good job.
Quote:
If your understanding of humans is so one-dimensional, than sure, you could make that argument. Assuming people suck does not equate to zero compassion or an elitist ideology however. It only infers that my gaming experience has led me to distrust new faces and to trust only those who I've seen in action, or people whom I can verify their ability to handle situations quickly.

Yes. It's as much cheating as using a bot if you use it to make a profit.

Using the word 'suck' is pretty much implying people are not at your own level which implies that you think you are better than those you think that suck. Meaning that if you think the majority of players suck then you are in fact egotistical.

But carry on with the noble morals, it's pretty amusing.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-30 14:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I think you missed your own point. Your above logic just inferred that finding a trend on the AH, at any time, even pre-FFXIAH, and exploiting it to make gil, is cheating. No third party tools, no outside information, just using the AH, you are cheating.

And with that, I return to work.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-30 14:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I think you missed your own point. Your above logic just inferred that finding a trend on the AH, at any time, even pre-FFXIAH, and exploiting it to make gil, is cheating. No third party tools, no outside information, just using the AH, you are cheating.

And with that, I return to work.

in the same way that using a script that isn't an official bot is cheating.

Meaning it's all cheating, meaning your precious morals mean literally nothing if you use FFXIAH.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7