users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ukko's Fury Setup
Ukko's Fury Setup
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 90 91 92
By Kaerin 2012-09-10 16:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hirokei said: »
Kaerin said: »
Ya, been like that since they were added though, they're just even better now if the AF2+2 legs DA damage increase helps them.
Is there testing that the DA boost works in WS?

There's no real reason to think it wouldn't work during WS, it's just a normal mod on a piece of a gear, not a set bonus.

That said, I did say how to test it if anyone wants to =3
As well as why I doubted I ever would.

Kaerin said: »
The WAR AF3+2 set bonus actually Doubles the damage of both hits if you get a DA, not just the DA'd hit. So if you get a DA and would of done 100 damage with the first attack and 101 damage with the second, you actually get 200 and 202, not 100 and 202. The DA damage+3% on AF2+2 legs actually works like this too.

This makes it less likely in my mind that it actually works during WS, BUT, it makes it easy to test, just very time consuming. You could just meditate TP in west saruta, and then warrior's charge > Ukkos tiny mandragoras a good 1000 times, or until you get a WS that is 1-3% damage higher than it should be. Since the effect should be active on the first hit, and warrior's charge guarantee's it to be active.

Have fun with that~

@Armada: AF2+2 pants are cheaper than Avant+1, and better!
By Armada 2012-09-10 16:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Much apreesh for the input.
By Kaerin 2012-09-10 17:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

hi
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-10 19:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Mekira +1 worth using under mightystrikes? DA would probably be below 50% unless you geared that way specifically, but crit rate would be 100%, and .5-2% would be worth it for sure if you're spamming upheaval/resolution.
By charlo999 2012-09-10 19:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the numbers. And if thats right it looks like another windbuffet/ele belt or bale +2 legs/whirlwind dirs arguement. -1 inv for at most a 2% max increase very situationaly on things u dont need acc on. Meh id rather the +1 inv.
Looks like my builds are sorted between 2. Everything being the same bar legs af2+2(Weak stuff)/oigers(high stuff)
and hands Phorys(Weak stuff)/af3+2(High stuff)
By Kaerin 2012-09-10 19:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

hi
By charlo999 2012-09-10 20:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well its my drks resolution head so i'll keep it but just means more space for logwatch on war, which im more than happy with.
By Kaerin 2012-09-10 20:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hi
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-09-10 21:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they all said they were tired of arguing with you... not getting involved, just repeating what they said.

Not gonna go through all the numbers, but are you saying the day bonus is only ~30-40 dmg?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-09-10 21:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's all most upgrades are, give or take. It doesn't seem like a lot, but when you factor in WS frequency, it really adds up over time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Darkdias
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-09-10 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well 1st off, throw out that +3% DA damage on WS. Since it is not known if it even works on WS or not. It is the burden of someone to test before you should even be doing Math that accepts it as truth.

That aside, you use .05ftp for Mekira Oto+1, it adds 25/256ftp, same as gorget or belt. It should win across the board I believe just from the WSC and +fTP.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-09-10 22:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would also point out that as usual, Kaerin is arguing for gear choices converse to what he argued previously, with no change in gear or data or knowledge of game functions from then until now.

Essentially, he has let the pot simmer, and is now presenting someone elses work/thoughts/ideas as the way to go.

That's great, because I'm happy that people are getting factual information now; I would just advise that you consider the source for things Warrior related and understand that until someone who isn't usually wrong chimes in, you're better off waiting for such an event to happen.
By Kaerin 2012-09-10 22:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu said: »
Well 1st off, throw out that +3% DA damage on WS. Since it is not known if it even works on WS or not. It is the burden of someone to test before you should even be doing Math that accepts it as truth.

Thats like saying a piece of gear with +8 STR on it should be tested to make sure the STR works during WS. It's completely illogical to think it doesn't work as it's just a mod on an item, not an augment, or a set bonus, or something special.

That aside, you use .05ftp for Mekira Oto+1, it adds 25/256ftp, same as gorget or belt. It should win across the board I believe just from the WSC and +fTP.

Not sure where I saw it mentioned, but the only thing I ever saw said about the bonus was that "it functioned like the weapons purchased with assault points, that are .05 ftp, and it works on all WS's, not just elemental damage ones." or something very close to that. If it's .1 that makes it better though.

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
I would also point out that as usual, Kaerin is arguing for gear choices converse to what he argued previously, with no change in gear or data or knowledge of game functions from then until now.

Except I'm not, with the exception of AF2+2 pants, which /shock, new data has been discovered for, by me~ Take your trolling elsewhere.

EDIT::
I guess I'm also arguing against windbuffet now, since that new data showed that Phorcys bodys 7% WSD applies only to the first hit. Which makes it apply to thunder belt, and not windbuffet. Since windbuffet is a 0.35%->0% increase in damage and all, I can't see the justification for having it taking up inventory. But technically, when you dont have fighters roll, and dont need ACC, it is still better, and I've said that repeatedly, I havent changed my story about it.

How about you? Did you figure out Phorcys hands win in low crit situations yet or are you going to come tell us all about Heca+1 again?
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-09-10 22:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to see any actual link to data showing that "increases DA damage" is 3% and not 2%,5%, or some other number. So that itself would actually be nice if you know where to find it.

Your +8STR argument is bad, one would assume WS damage+ would apply to an entire WS, but it doesn't. Since there has been no testing one way or the other on "Increases DA Damage" in regards to WS damage, you really shouldn't be using it for anything atm.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-09-10 22:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I have yet to see any actual link to data showing that "increases DA damage" is 3% and not 2%,5%, or some other number. So that itself would actually be nice if you know where to find it.

It's one page earlier in this thread.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/19774/ukkos-fury-setup/78/#2016224
Read what Motenten says 4 posts under mine.

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
DA damage bonus is 3%.

Your +8STR argument is bad, one would assume WS damage+ would apply to an entire WS, but it doesn't. Since there has been no testing one way or the other on "Increases DA Damage" in regards to WS damage, you really shouldn't be using it for anything atm.

The argument that a random mod on a random piece of gear that is not a hidden effect or in any way labeled special does not work during WS's is worse. WSD is a bad choice too, how about we use something similar to compare it to, like Crit damage. Which is just a % increase when you get a crit. DA damage is just a % increase when you get DAs.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-10 23:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Was any testing ever done on TA dmg like on demonry ring? That's the most similar situation. That said it still needs testing to be conclusive eitherway.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu
By Quetzalcoatl.Diasetsu 2012-09-10 23:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know how I missed your testing the DA damage increase, thanks for pointing me to it, and thanks for testing it as well.

I am not for or against the "increases DA damage" working or not working for WS. What I am simply saying is that since there is 0 proof or test or data or ANYTHING on if it does/doesn't you shouldn't just say "well it most likely does" and start using it in comparisons. When dealing with an unknown, it is better to omit it all together.

I really wouldn't mind if you used examples like "IF DA damage applies" and "IF DA damage doesn't apply", but there is no reason to act as if something is an absolute. I have done probably thousands of hours of monk related testing, and it sucks, and it's boring. If you want to start definitively using that 3% in your calculations, you need to go do WS testing.

There are plenty of people who don't know anything about how to calculate damage that are the ones reading these forums to get information on what they should use. It would be nice if they got got non-speculative, factually based equipment comparisons.
[+]
 Valefor.Pyroluv
Server: Valefor
user: pyroluv
By Valefor.Pyroluv 2012-09-11 03:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ok ill check it out =)
By charlo999 2012-09-11 13:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Didnt see that 0.5ftp boost but yeah its been tested and is on bg

Your text to link here...
By Ravenn42 2012-09-13 12:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is a 99 ukon as good as a 99 ragnarok? I was planning on making a push for 99 weapon I know ragnarok is the new shiny....Problem is I have not came across a 99 ukon and have no way to compare. Has anyone tested on test server or have a opinion?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-13 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fortunately for us, the game is based on math rather than feelings, so you don't even need to own both (or either!) weapons to understand their effectiveness. '~~~~'

Generally speaking, Ukonvasara is going to be better unless you are 1) zerging (Mighty Strikes) or 2) fighting mobs with crit. rate-% traits (Legion).
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-09-13 13:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »
Is a 99 ukon as good as a 99 ragnarok? I was planning on making a push for 99 weapon I know ragnarok is the new shiny....Problem is I have not came across a 99 ukon and have no way to compare. Has anyone tested on test server or have a opinion?
Check out the last 10 pages or so of the Upheaval Thoughts thread.
By Kaerin 2012-09-13 13:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
Generally speaking, Ukonvasara is going to be better unless you are 1) zerging (Mighty Strikes) or 2) fighting mobs with crit. rate-% traits (Legion).

Ukon 99 wins for everything but Zering and in Legion: Hall of Mul, but only on tier 2-3 mobs. For Zerging Upheaval and Conqueror win, and conqueror wins by more of a margin over Ragnarok than Ragnarok can potentially win over Ukon 99 depending on buffs. Ragnarok is only the best option for WAR on Mul T2-3 mobs.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-13 13:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

charlo999 said: »

Just to clear this up because there seems to be some confusion, the bonus is 25/256 for day. The .5 is for atma of echoes and the .05 is for assault weapons.

Gorget, belt, and mekira oto +1 are all .1.

Resolution receives the mekira bonus on wind, thunder, or earth day. Ukko's on wind, thunder, fire, or light day.
By Kaerin 2012-09-13 13:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Ukko's on wind, thunder, fire, or light day.

Are you positive about Fire day? Last I saw people didn't think it worked then.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-09-13 13:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the testing link. That is what I am going off of and it indicates that it would work then, I think.

Looks like that was arms of echoes. Need to cloudsplitter something for am easy answer.
By charlo999 2012-09-13 13:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to clear this up because there seems to be some confusion, the bonus is 25/256 for day. The .5 is for atma of echoes and the .05 is for assault weapons.

Gorget, belt, and mekira oto +1 are all .1.

Resolution receives the mekira bonus on wind, thunder, or earth day. Ukko's on wind, thunder, fire, or light day.

Which is what i said. That i didnt notice he used 0.5 originally and gave the link that stated 0.1.
/also its just everyday that corisponds to the light element of a skillchain ie; wind fire thunder light. Just think of every element you can burst of light skillchain.

i'd like to see the same maths with the 0.1 increase in if you can.
By Kaerin 2012-09-13 14:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd like to see the same maths with the 0.1 increase in if you can.

That stuff actually measured the AF2+2 DA damage bonus incorrectly. Which is why I deleted all of it. In a few days I will repost it all and have it corrected.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-13 14:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Check the testing link. That is what I am going off of and it indicates that it would work then, I think.

Looks like that was arms of echoes. Need to cloudsplitter something for am easy answer.
I'm 90% sure somebody finally did this a few months back and determined that T3 properties were not decomposed for Mekira.
First Page 2 3 ... 78 79 80 ... 90 91 92