First Page 2 3 ... 91 92
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-01-10 03:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Like i said currently using porthos wich has 5% haste if u didnt see, i mentioned is why im at 29%. and I'm at +21 STP on a 6hit build getting 17 tp per hit. i don't believe getting up to 20 tp for a 5hit is worth losing the DA i would have to sacrifice to do so, i could be wrong tho.(im not a main war just trying to improve what i can on it with some advise) But I cant add more STP w/o losing DA. anyways Once hauberk is aug i will switch goading to bullwip and wont have haste to sacrifice for sljor ring, most likely will go back to tyrants or get try out ambuscade ring. Just curious if the sljor would benefit a tp set over Ambuscade "if u can afford the haste" (That is if 2% slow is equivalent to -2% haste) thats the question i asked.

You could rock the da ring like you mentioned but for me personally I use rajas + Mars. I just prefer the more acc and att it gives for those harder fights etc etc.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-01-10 06:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
Like i said currently using porthos wich has 5% haste if u didnt see, i mentioned is why im at 29%. and I'm at +21 STP on a 6hit build getting 17 tp per hit. i don't believe getting up to 20 tp for a 5hit is worth losing the DA i would have to sacrifice to do so, i could be wrong tho.(im not a main war just trying to improve what i can on it with some advise) But I cant add more STP w/o losing DA. anyways Once hauberk is aug i will switch goading to bullwip and wont have haste to sacrifice for sljor ring, most likely will go back to tyrants or get try out ambuscade ring. Just curious if the sljor would benefit a tp set over Ambuscade "if u can afford the haste" (That is if 2% slow is equivalent to -2% haste) thats the question i asked.

You could rock the da ring like you mentioned but for me personally I use rajas + Mars. I just prefer the more acc and att it gives for those harder fights etc etc.

I would agree mars ring probably ideal since you already have at least ~20 less acc then those using armada. However, if you don't do legion you probably don't need the acc.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-10 07:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you have your hauberk already? I'd think even not very good augmented Hauby is better then portus/goading, and keep Tyrant until your Hauby has enough Store TP.. change it to mars once you dont need it anymore. 30 Store TP (15gear+15/Sam) is in my opinion best to 6 hit. When you have 6 StoreTP in WS Setup(raja+Brutal) and your 1st hit lands you have a 6 hit.

paewr beltwould be in your setup also better then Goading, since you dont need 21 Stp. If you need Acc switching out Tyrant for mars would be better.

Also Ravagers Earring > Kokou when you dont need Acc/StoreTP (and i guess you dont need acc, StoreTP is already know that you overshot)
By Phorcys 2013-01-11 04:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »

Go with Rancor Collar when you're not fighting mobs with crit evasion and Ravager's Earring when you don't need the accuracy from Kokou's.

You'll parse higher with Goading + Mars's than you will with Paewr + Tyrant's, so stick with Goading and just replace Tyrant's with Mars's and you'll be set.

Also, to answer your question on a 5 hit for WAR, don't bother. You wind up losing more than it's worth. Aim for a 6 hit instead. You only need 14 STP, and Phorcys Salade + Goading Belt + Brutal Earring + Rajas Ring puts you at 16. I didn't include Kokou's since you'll parse higher using Ravager's instead in most situations.
 Cerberus.Maxiel
user: maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2013-01-13 02:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow warriors! After being away from the game since 90 cap, I've decided to pick it back up again and started working on a Ukon. The events I would like to go warrior to will be Neo-Nyzul, ADL, Einherjar, AV, Voidwatch and maybe Odin 2.0

Now, I was mainly a mage guy and never paid attention to how DDs talk about attack caps, dDex caps and all that jazz. The items I post may reflect that, so it would help if you guys could give my noobiness advice and knowledge bombs on how to play warrior. (Especially based on what buffs/rolls/songs I may or may not have at the event)

So for starters how would I go on improving my sets given all the situations i posted above.

TP

Berserk Up

Berserk Down

MS Upheaval

Do I need to go out of my way and make a warcry and blood rage TP/WS sets? If so what items should i alter? Also do I need to WS in Ravager's Hands +2 to get the restraint boost or do I just need to tp in it?

All in all I'm a newb who wants to make optimized sets for varying situations (max buffs or low buffs). In other words what are the right gear vs Fodder (NQ einherjar, NNI, Abyssea) with low buffs and what are the right gear vs High End mobs (VW, ADL, AV, Odin 2.0) with either low buffs or tons of buffs. In what situations will my attack be capped in these events? Can I just have a general TP/WS set for both fodder and high end?

I've read ~10 pages back and couldn't find many sets that differed based on buffs and content so I hope don't sound like too much of a jackass for asking this stuff. So, let me know if you need any clarification. I really wanna get better at this stuff :)

P.S. I'm strapped on gil so stuff like windbuffet, Pyrosoul and augmented gear are a long shot for me.
By mortontony1 2013-01-13 02:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, I don't pop in here very much, but would the LR adjustment make /drk viable? Even against like fodder or something? Keeping ODD up and not being wasted or something?
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2013-01-13 11:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say stick with /sam, 10% ja haste full time, meditate, hasso, sekka, seigan/third eye, easier to keep your x-hit build and you're probably already capping attack on fodder mobs.
By Kyler 2013-01-13 14:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maxiel said: »
Hello fellow warriors! After being away from the game since 90 cap, I've decided to pick it back up again and started working on a Ukon. The events I would like to go warrior to will be Neo-Nyzul, ADL, Einherjar, AV, Voidwatch and maybe Odin 2.0

Now, I was mainly a mage guy and never paid attention to how DDs talk about attack caps, dDex caps and all that jazz. The items I post may reflect that, so it would help if you guys could give my noobiness advice and knowledge bombs on how to play warrior. (Especially based on what buffs/rolls/songs I may or may not have at the event)

So for starters how would I go on improving my sets given all the situations i posted above.

TP

Berserk Up

Berserk Down

MS Upheaval

Do I need to go out of my way and make a warcry and blood rage TP/WS sets? If so what items should i alter? Also do I need to WS in Ravager's Hands +2 to get the restraint boost or do I just need to tp in it?

All in all I'm a newb who wants to make optimized sets for varying situations (max buffs or low buffs). In other words what are the right gear vs Fodder (NQ einherjar, NNI, Abyssea) with low buffs and what are the right gear vs High End mobs (VW, ADL, AV, Odin 2.0) with either low buffs or tons of buffs. In what situations will my attack be capped in these events? Can I just have a general TP/WS set for both fodder and high end?

I've read ~10 pages back and couldn't find many sets that differed based on buffs and content so I hope don't sound like too much of a jackass for asking this stuff. So, let me know if you need any clarification. I really wanna get better at this stuff :)

P.S. I'm strapped on gil so stuff like windbuffet, Pyrosoul and augmented gear are a long shot for me.

Phorcys body is always going to be better than zahaks mail due to the increase ws dmg on it. Other than that you are headed in the right direction. Rancorous mantle and ele gorget almost always an improvement(especially on things that matter)

//TP body improvements would be augmented armada or valk when the cash comes along, even avant +1 body in some situations

and depending on what you are doing you might look into some acc pieces as substitutes such as

Ravager's Orb > Fire bomblet +6 acc
Ravager's Earring > Gillie Earring +1 or Kokou's Earring +3~4acc
Phorcys Mitts > Avant Gauntlets +1(Or if restraint up Ravager's +2 hands) + Lots of acc and DEX

These are all situational upgrades which you will have to figure out what works best depending on what buffs you are getting and what you are fighting

Ambuscade Ring is nice in legion but for things like odin v2 you should probably switch out to mars's or tyrant's if necessary
 Cerberus.Maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2013-01-13 16:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so it seems like there isnt much of difference from a berserk/warcry up and a berserk down set. Didn't know Phorcys WS damage and 6 str beat Zahak's crit rate in capped situations.

For fodder, I figured Atheling + Rancor collar was better when berserk was up because of the extra double attack, but I guess Rancorous mantle + Ravagers gorget would be better? Also I'm okay with using Anguinus on Berserk up? Dunno how much that Conserve TP fares vs 1% double attack.

How would Calmecac Subligar fare? Crit rate seems good vs fodder and Acc looks good for high end mobs.

Thanks for the reply ^^. I was really unsure if I was gearing correctly cuz I don't know how much I'll cap attack or accuracy, but I guess I'm not too far off! I'm new to this whole DD thing esp outside abyssea lol
 Diabolos.Raign
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Raign 2013-01-29 02:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I am currently using this setup

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/273767

Im wondering what is the best setup to use behind armada/valk, because I'm too broke at the moment to afford it.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-29 02:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raign said: »
I am currently using this setup

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/273767

Im wondering what is the best setup to use behind armada/valk, because I'm too broke at the moment to afford it.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35200/the-parthenon-a-warriors-kyklos/#low
 Diabolos.Raign
By Diabolos.Raign 2013-01-29 02:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all Neo gear though. So the "Mid" catagory doesn't exactly fit. Just can't afford the 30+mil its going to cost to get the armada made and augmented at the moment. Was wondering what was another way to go. If there was a next best body i could use it its place of what the next best all around TP build was.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-01-29 02:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

af3 is actually really decent
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-29 03:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There are alot of sets in that posting, its just a total choas atm because of limited "words" in a posting and Ejiin added other sets in a later posting.

at the bottom of that post is exactly what you asked for:

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Continuation of Gear Sets

I didn't save enough room, so I'll be using this space to continue adding gear sets.

[...]

Ukonvasara TP LOW + Access to NNI gear

Phorcys mitts if restraint is down and you don't need accuracy, otherwise avant gauntlets +1 or Ravager's +2. ravager's lorica +2 if you need accuracy.
By Phorcys 2013-01-29 11:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maxiel said: »

TP

Berserk Up

Berserk Down

MS Upheaval

For TP, like Kyler said, Armada Hauberk augmented with Store TP +4~6/Double Attack +3% and Valkyrie's Breastplate augmented with Accuracy+7~10/Triple Attack +3% would be solid upgrades when you can afford them. Use Rancor Collar when Mighty Strikes isn't up and you're not fighting monsters with critical evasion, and additionally the damage taken +10% isn't going to be a problem, Ravager's Mufflers +2 during Restraint, Windbuffet Belt during Voidwatch and Provenance with Latitude and Valiant Atmacites, Phasmida Belt and Belatz Pearl during Legion, and Mars's Ring outside Legion.

For Ukko's Fury, your "Berserk Up" build isn't worth using. Stick with your "Berserk Down" build for everything, swapping into Mekira-Oto +1 during Winds/Lightning/Lightsdays, Hecatomb Mittens +1 augmented with Accuracy+4~7/Critical Hit Damage +4% inside Abyssea when using Atma of the Razed Ruins and during Blood Rage/Potency outside Abyssea, Hecatomb Subligar +1 augmented with Accuracy+4~7/Critical Hit Rate +4 inside Abyssea, Windbuffet Belt when accuracy's capped, and replacing Rajas Ring with a second Pyrosoul Ring.

For Upheaval during Mighty Strikes, don't use Warrior's Mufflers +2. The "Enhances Mighty Strikes" augment on them works upon Mighty Strikes activation, so macro them in when you use Mighty Strikes, using Phorcys Mitts for Upheaval instead. Additional upgrades would be Ares' Cuirass +1 or Valkyrie's Breastplate augmented with Accuracy+7~10/Triple Attack +3%, using Kirin's Osode augmented with Double Attack +2%/Critical Hit Damage +3% when attack's capped, Oneiros Pebble, Phorcys Dirs, an Elemental Belt, using Windbuffet Belt when accuracy's capped, Atheling Mantle when attack's not capped, and a second Terrasoul Ring.
 Diabolos.Raign
By Diabolos.Raign 2013-01-29 12:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Current TP set

Ukkos set

On tp set ill change out Phos when i get the gil for it. and Same with Adamada. Also use AF3 hands when restraint is up.

On Ukko set i have Heca Mitts +3%, would they be better than phorcys even if i don't need the +acc. Or should i only put them in when in legion or high tier VW?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-29 13:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need the stp from tyrant's, swap to mars our oniero's depending on your merit choices. Moonshade instead of ravager's for ws, and even with crit dmg Aug i don't see byakko's beating even +2 legs. Ogiers if you need acc, avant +1 when you don't, relic +2 with aug for warrior's charge.

You should consider getting a bullwhip belt until phos. 1% haste is worth it most of the time.
 Cerberus.Maxiel
By Cerberus.Maxiel 2013-01-29 14:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the reply Phorcys. Guess there's no choice but to saddle up and farm tatters/abjurations and gil for -1. Hell I got a ukon so I gotta look like I deserve it eh lol.

I guess I can use Berserk Down (with wind buffet) for everything with capped accuracy including zerging fodder? Good to know since I dont use spellcast and can just use one macro ^^. Of course I'll switch sets according to the event. I should be good now and thanks a lot for help!
 Diabolos.Raign
By Diabolos.Raign 2013-01-29 15:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you.
and its 18 stp for 6 hit correct? so ditching the Tyrants for anything that increases dmg or acc (obviously best choices being mars and onieros) would be benificial?

Also I've parsed the Avant +1 and Warrior +2 legs against my byakkos and they both lost out to em. Avant only barley though. But it was on Behe, and i think it was because capped dDex. Haven't parsed Avant +1 on higher level mobs where dDex will be a nonfactor. will try it in the next couple days.

and i have a bullwhip, but i hate it because the hp/resistance. Guess i could sub it in whenever im not tanking though.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-29 16:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raign said: »
Thank you.
and its 18 stp for 6 hit correct? so ditching the Tyrants for anything that increases dmg or acc (obviously best choices being mars and onieros) would be benificial?

Also I've parsed the Avant +1 and Warrior +2 legs against my byakkos and they both lost out to em. Avant only barley though. But it was on Behe, and i think it was because capped dDex. Haven't parsed Avant +1 on higher level mobs where dDex will be a nonfactor. will try it in the next couple days.

and i have a bullwhip, but i hate it because the hp/resistance. Guess i could sub it in whenever im not tanking though.

Parses don't mean much honestly, and behemoth doesn't have enough hp to be a decent sample size.

If 75 hp and 50 resist is making a difference, you have bigger issues, phasmida only has a place in a Hybrid mdt or accuracy set.
By Kyler 2013-01-30 13:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A 6Str augment to go with 4 crit dmg might be competitve in things like vw and dc/ep mobs in dyna/salvage/NNI
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-01-30 14:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
You don't need the stp from tyrant's, swap to mars our oniero's depending on your merit choices. Moonshade instead of ravager's for ws, and even with crit dmg Aug i don't see byakko's beating even +2 legs. Ogiers if you need acc, avant +1 when you don't, relic +2 with aug for warrior's charge.

You should consider getting a bullwhip belt until phos. 1% haste is worth it most of the time.
Using the spreadsheets I found Byakkos augmented to be better than any legs on weaker targets like T3 VW.
First Page 2 3 ... 91 92