First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-25 18:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Anyone have experience soloing Teugghia(pixie NM) in Aby-Grauberg?

It spams Autumn Breeze a lot which I think I can counter with solid melee action, however it says it spams aga4's. Are these wind-based onry? Advice?

Haven't tried soloing it, but I don't know what my chances would be if I did since she does like to spam -agas.
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
Server: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-04-25 20:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Anyone have experience soloing Teugghia(pixie NM) in Aby-Grauberg? It spams Autumn Breeze a lot which I think I can counter with solid melee action, however it says it spams aga4's. Are these wind-based onry? Advice?
Haven't tried soloing it, but I don't know what my chances would be if I did since she does like to spam -agas.

I spams -agas like crazy. I don't even know if an attempt would be worth it.

Oh and on the note of if their wind based aga's only.

No, she spams all of the elemental -aga's. Completly at random.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-26 06:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah, ok. Thx^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-26 07:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
If MKE regen stacks with Reward regen + Atma regen, I'll take it
over haste or -dt?
Not sure why you got rated down lol.

I did DT-10% and regen+1, just to see what the regen was. Not a very hard fight, prob keep it like that for now.
I got haters.

And yeah I was considering trying that just to see what it is. But thought I'd ask first. But since it's so low think I'll just stick to haste for more dmg.

Bwt does anyone know if Atma of the Winged Gloom works with pets? I'd assume so but wiki already says it's somewhat buggy. I plan on getting it soon so I can test but would be nice to know ahead of time
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-26 07:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Anyone have experience soloing Teugghia(pixie NM) in Aby-Grauberg? It spams Autumn Breeze a lot which I think I can counter with solid melee action, however it says it spams aga4's. Are these wind-based onry? Advice?
I spams -agas like crazy.

I don't even know if an attempt would be worth it. Oh and on the note of if their wind based aga's only.

No, she spams all of the elemental -aga's. Completly at random.
Use CC and spam bubble curtain whenever it's up? That's 50MDT by itself no?
 Lakshmi.Orlandomp
user: Orlandomp
By Lakshmi.Orlandomp 2011-04-27 14:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed Cirein-croin and the 2 KI bosses needed to pop it.

Atmas: DG, Tower, RR

Used ~2 yulys, zeta, and some eta(emergencies).
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-27 16:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
over haste or -dt?

I did DT-10% and regen+1, just to see what the regen was. Not a very hard fight, prob keep it like that for now.
I got haters.

And yeah I was considering trying that just to see what it is. But thought I'd ask first. But since it's so low think I'll just stick to haste for more dmg.

Bwt does anyone know if Atma of the Winged Gloom works with pets? I'd assume so but wiki already says it's somewhat buggy. I plan on getting it soon so I can test but would be nice to know ahead of time

For your pet I believe it does, or at least a BST has told me it does, it's just if you have Cruor buffs it doesn't, but your pet doesn't get those.
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2011-04-27 16:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
over haste or -dt?

I got haters.

For your pet I believe it does, or at least a BST has told me it does, it's just if you have Cruor buffs it doesn't, but your pet doesn't get those.

Tested winged gloom, infact still bugged and does not work on pet.. Just a good way to die :)

Edit : With and without cruor buffs. ^^
 Titan.Agetos
By Titan.Agetos 2011-05-01 12:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Orlandomp said:

I just did the Same thing except i Used Mounted Champion instead of Tower. i ended up having to use another Dipper (fck me they expensive) at about 10% or so. got my my 6 jewels and moved to the next victim on my list.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-01 21:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krebons said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
over haste or -dt?

I got haters.

Tested winged gloom, infact still bugged and does not work on pet.. Just a good way to die :)

Edit : With and without cruor buffs. ^^
Eh? Winged Gloom was working for me the other day had no problems. Granted, I'd only use it if solo holding something that spams magic damage while killing on SMN. Just have to keep pet between 50 and 25% HP...
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-05-01 21:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

No big deal but had a ss
[+]
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2011-05-01 22:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Deadplaything said:

No big deal but had a ss

Least you got a shield.. I'm pretty sure my byakko solo pic trumps it!!! <33

Lol gj !! :)
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-01 23:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Agetos said:
Lakshmi.Orlandomp said:

I just did the Same thing except i Used Mounted Champion instead of Tower. i ended up having to use another Dipper (fck me they expensive) at about 10% or so. got my my 6 jewels and moved to the next victim on my list.

I tanked Cirein-croin on bst, never used food. Think complete solo i might of had to use 1 zeta. Not sure what was bringing down my pet, maybe poison.
 Lakshmi.Orlandomp
By Lakshmi.Orlandomp 2011-05-01 23:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Titan.Agetos said:
Lakshmi.Orlandomp said:

I tanked Cirein-croin on bst, never used food. Think complete solo i might of had to use 1 zeta. Not sure what was bringing down my pet, maybe poison.
Nice!
2nd time I killed him managed to beat it with only one yuly. Used several zeta tho. Always kept yuly's hp in the range in which ducal guard takes effect.

Also, Fatso Fargan does an awesome job against Heqet and Plasma broths are much cheaper than Yulys. Just a tip to save moneys if you are soloing the pops as well.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-01 23:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

im 100% sure bst can solo orthurus as well with double pdt axes,/helm and legs+2, ducal guard, razed ruins+ fire resist atma
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-01 23:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

im working on almace now, its so easy as bst solo, im using a friend's war account for red procs of course
 Lakshmi.Orlandomp
By Lakshmi.Orlandomp 2011-05-01 23:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a good strategy for Carabosse? I went /dnc to stun cures but still took a while. Used on yuly and only had to use a few zetas. Easy fight overall just the cures >.>
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-02 00:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc red and zerg?
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-05-02 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Could BST solo something like chloris? i havn't fualt him, so i don't know if he has any really nasty things that would put a stop to it
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-05-02 19:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
Could BST solo something like chloris? i havn't fualt him, so i don't know if he has any really nasty things that would put a stop to it

It has doom and multiple Hundred Fists, so probably not.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-02 19:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

Only problem would be doom, if your not running -100% you should try harder.
 Titan.Knumskull
user: Knumskull
By Titan.Knumskull 2011-05-03 00:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If fatso's blunt resist is effective on him he would do 0 damage, only problem would be doomga. Which i don't think you can get around even with one of the resist atmas
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-05-03 03:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Fenrir.Rinnsi said:

Only problem would be doom, if your not running -100% you should try harder.

Hundred Fists resets hate, your pet is going to be weighed down(unless you're using Biddybug), and you're going to be standing from a distance to avoid AOE doom, and if AOE doom hits your pet at the wrong time then you're going to have to take a beating to the face. You should think harder.
By Erocent 2011-05-07 17:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed Sippoy the other day. Used Fatso Fargaan x2 PDT axes, Moogle helm, af3 pants +2. DG/RR/Z Atmas. Spammed drainkiss when up, healing salveI and a few zetas Really easy fight just long. Did'nt engage at all just let pet do all the work.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-08 18:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tested it and it does work. Got -100% DT with MKE head DG, WG and zenith and of course stout servant getting the last 5.

Interesting notes. WG and DG procs seemed based on base hp so zeniths +hp made it kinda wonky. Like the -dt from DG kicked in around 55% and the slip dmg stopped at 31% instead of 50 and 25. Something to note since you should be trying to keep between there... was kinda funny cause the random mob I pulled couldn't hit dipper so I went and started making it attack another and bam got Ansherek... so let me test to make sure I reduced magic and physical to 0.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2011-05-09 11:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It´s indeed quite a moment when you first realize your pet is getting hit by ZERO.

However, you will not get magical damage to 0:

physical:
Guichard´s axe x2 20%
Sheperd´s chain 2%
Anwig Salade 10%
Ducal guard 50%
Zenith 10%
Stout Servant +1 8%

magical:
Anwig Salade 10%
Sheperd´s chain 2%
Selemnus belt 3%
Sout Servant +1 8%
Ducal guard 50%
Zenith 10%

Now, the NM tiger in altepa gets easy once you have the complete Pet: -physical dd taken - set (incl. gear, atma), but it´s magical attacks still do some damage. Nothing some zeta and/or mulsum drink cannot fix, of course.

I soloed Turul just before server down, he does more magical damage than the NM tiger, but with the above setup very managable. When i started the fight i had no zetas on me, just some mulsum drinks. Call Beast timer was up every time i needed a new sheep without using drinks for quite some time into the fight though (full CB merits + CB timer -15 on mirke). Sailing along, between healing salve I/II and one or two drinks, the bigest danger was to eat a thundaga IV while calling a new nursery.

With Turul at around 30% a friend brought me a stack of zetas. From there on, the pet never died untill finish. To keep it in ducal guard range, i only press one of my "pet heal" - macros instead of the usually two (=heals pet for 1150 instead of 1600).

Only got Nierenschutz this time, but a fun and exciting fight indeed!
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-09 11:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you ever use Heavens or just Zenith?
 Bismarck.Guttler
Server: Bismarck
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-09 12:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe you can get magic damage taken to almost 100% if I am reading how Magic Defense Bonus works correctly if you swap out one of the -10% physical axes for a +10% magic defense bonus (ice path) and throw on Earth Wyrm for 3rd atma.

I don't have a Shepard's Chain or belt from the stupid flesh, otherwise I'd build the axe and try this. Anyone tested this combo yet?
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2011-05-09 12:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

No, i never use Heavens, it only has physical damage taken down 10%.

Zenith atma has 10% down for both pysical and magical damage taken.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30