Cerberus.Kodaijin
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2011-04-01 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Balias said:
Cerberus.Kodaijin said:
Just adding to the list... didnt see anyone write these... Dvalinn Durinn adamantoise(lol) behemoth
What's the strat for adamantoise and behemoth please? I'd like to try them to solo my black belt items. So far I've been busy with keesha poppo for my pup necklace, damn monkees's super stingy, even with Yuly's TH.

Odin.Trelan said:
Cerberus.Kodaijin said:
Just adding to the list... didnt see anyone write these... Dvalinn Durinn adamantoise(lol) behemoth
atma and pet used here on Dvalinn/Durinn? Also any specific gear you would need.

Adamantoise was cake, used dipper yuly let the bug go at it(Miss miss miss miss etc). I sat invisible and sneaked the whole time to avoid aggro. Behemoth is also easy as people could solo that before the cap change. Hardest part is getting claim since a lot of people want BB items. (charm is fast claim or you can use feral howl)

For Dvalinn I used Razed Ruins, Mounted Champion, Vissitude. I wanted as much regen as possible. Also, I was BST/NIN... no stun. I wanted to be able to run and kite if necessary.(wasnt cept for when i went for call beast) was a very slow fight. Used a lot of food...3 stacks maybe and 2 jugs. I didnt have evasion axes for this either... used Regain axe and charmers merlin

As everyone said Durinn is a lot easier than Dvalinn so, same strat. Just keep out of casting range so only the bug does the fighting.

Lastly, I just soloed Ironclad Cleaver(attohwa) 2 days ago. What a pain in the ***. Didnt mean to fight him but he aggroed me. I had the same 3 atmas as above and was BST/NIN. I fought with the bug using snarl everytime it was up. You HAVE to melee with dipper because the pet is stunned most of the time. Would fight for about 10% then run away figure 8-ing around some rocks while dipper regened to full, then would run back in and fight for 10% more. Took 15-20 min... 3 jugs, 2 stacks of food. Had to kite often because he hit dipper hard and the add/stun prevents you from calling beast if he kills pet when youre next to him.
 Fenrir.Gundulagause
Server: Fenrir
user: Gundula
By Fenrir.Gundulagause 2011-04-02 02:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you solo Ironclad Cleaver (or any Iron giant) use Fatso Fargann (25% blunt resistance).

With 1 PDT axe, Sheperd´s chain, DG atma and MKE head Fatso takes ZERO damage from melee hits as soon as DG kicks in, which makes fighting those guys more than a joke.
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-04-05 03:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
"Solo'd Ethniu and Tethra today. Ethniu, towards the end with max level, was a pain in the ***, as neither dippy or Ethniu could hit eachother more than 5% of the time lol."

What Jug Pets and Gear did you use for this?
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-05 03:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed an Ironclad once before I had Ducal Guard or 3 atmas. Never again though, seriously. Almost took one hour and I used every HP+ temp item I had. Towards the end I had to use a Fanatic's and Wings and Rampage a couple of times to finish it. Because of all the temp items I used I don't consider it a true solo, though.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2011-04-05 04:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Was bored and did Ansherekh today..

Dude hits pretty hard and his paralyze is annoying... no hide drop though D:
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-13 03:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Add Cerberus to the list of solos. Just did that one earlier.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-13 04:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Warviper said:
Quote:
"Solo'd Ethniu and Tethra today. Ethniu, towards the end with max level, was a pain in the ***, as neither dippy or Ethniu could hit eachother more than 5% of the time lol."

What Jug Pets and Gear did you use for this?

Tethra, Just a Yuly will do. Nothin fancy, though Evasion Axes help.

Ethniu is... Um, really hard solo. I had to go /BLM and stun her spells which, with bad timing, can cause you to kite, and the area is terrible for kiting. She doesn't seem to stop leveling up until around 12 Lvls, so it's imperative you stop that as much as possible by blocking her Black Magic spells. You must be /DRK or /BLM, /DNC stun, aside from being inaccurate on a high evasion enemy like Enthniu, also pulls hate and gets you beat up because of their *** enmity.

With Double Evasion Axes, the "Oh ***" Threshould is around 5-6 level ups, after that it it starts becoming too accurate and too evasive. Remember only Black Magic spells she casts will force a level up, Blue Magic spells do not.

Duo with a DRK or BLM/NIN is easier, just for stun.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-13 17:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone w/ an Alfard solo?
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-14 07:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Anyone w/ an Alfard solo?

I havent, but I'd assume it'd be rather easy with a PDT/Atma set and fighting it from behind.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-14 07:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd have to be exactly on it's tail, but yes, Alfard is a joke.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-14 07:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

O rly? Hmmmm...think I'll work on my PDT axes first and try...what atmas would you recommend with Ducal Guard?
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-14 08:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
O rly? Hmmmm...think I'll work on my PDT axes first and try...what atmas would you recommend with Ducal Guard?

With Ducal Guard and 2xPDT axes you get 70% -PDT Taken, the add-on hat would make that 80%, Assuming you have the EA trousers you'd have a native 7% DMG Taken, so 87%. Atma of the Zenith would be 97%. So, he more or less would consistently hit you for around 6 points of DMG.

You don't need that much damage taken, but still just as an example.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-14 09:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say something like Ducal (given Darkest's setup there) + RR + Apoc if you don't want tediously long solos.
Hardest bit with Alfard will be positioning him initally, for a mob that can attack 360 I found Alfard still turned alot to try and keep you on the head. Prolly best to pop and run directly through his middle.

No promise it'll work though, might be advised to bring someone along for the first pop so he doesn't wipe you if he's being fiddly on posistioning.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-14 09:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I planned on having a thf/dnc with me for TH, and with pet + snarl the thf should never get hate.

If I cant get the thf with me, i'll sic pet up front and attack from rear. Snarl will keep him facing front to my pet, i just hope im close enough to snarl him, forget what the range is
 Cerberus.Baleoce
Server: Cerberus
user: Baleoce
By Cerberus.Baleoce 2011-04-14 09:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo'd Myrmecoleon (Owleyes/Tactical Mantle NM).

RR, DG, Zenith, and I was /NIN. Used maybe 4-5 Zetas for the fight. Dipper Yuly is great for this because Gravic Horn is wind based. So what is supposed to be a throat stab move only does around 200-300 tops especially with DG latent and MKE head. Adds from Sandpit will always go onto you. Initially I was just taking them out normally, and using temp items to deal with the damage taken from spawn. Then I just decided to move like 40+ yalms away from the main fight, and not sure if it was coincidence but he didn't use the move anymore. It's possible that if you are too far away he just won't, or that the add would go onto Dipper, still not sure, so that's something to be weary of. Overall quite a smooth fight though.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-04-14 10:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Well I planned on having a thf/dnc with me for TH, and with pet + snarl the thf should never get hate.

If I cant get the thf with me, i'll sic pet up front and attack from rear. Snarl will keep him facing front to my pet, i just hope im close enough to snarl him, forget what the range is
Should work assuming it doesn't manage to TP before you pull that off lol, Alfard if using breath attacks usually did Nerve > Nerve, Nerve (x1) or Pyric > Polar > Nerve. Nerve resets hate and is generally mean. lol
 Leviathan.Dethard
Server: Leviathan
user: Archaos
By Leviathan.Dethard 2011-04-14 12:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Should work assuming it doesn't manage to TP before you pull that off lol, Alfard if using breath attacks usually did Nerve > Nerve, Nerve (x1) or Pyric > Polar > Nerve. Nerve resets hate and is generally mean. lol

Not sure if I am reading this right, but surely if your pet is in front and you are snarling the NM onto your pet then it will still use the TP moves you you are trying to avoid, and as they are AoE you will still get hit.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-04-14 20:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The one with main hate needs to be fighting from behind from what I hear.

Usually for me, when I pop then NM and use Fight while running my pet ends up hitting it from behind anyway.

If not and you do have a THF, have then get initial hate so you can position your pet correctly.
 Leviathan.Dethard
Server: Leviathan
user: Archaos
By Leviathan.Dethard 2011-04-19 22:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I soloed an Ironclad once before I had Ducal Guard or 3 atmas. Never again though, seriously. Almost took one hour and I used every HP+ temp item I had. Towards the end I had to use a Fanatic's and Wings and Rampage a couple of times to finish it. Because of all the temp items I used I don't consider it a true solo, though.

I soloed Ironclad Sunderer in Abyssea Grauberg and it was relatively easy fight, although it took about 40 minutes. DG makes it easy and using Fatso Fargan saves you pet food. Only danger is when it resets hate after using Scapula Beam, you need to be close enough to snarl back onto pet before he starts stunning you with his hits.

Also noticed for some reason every time the Ironclad used Arm Cannon it seemed to heal Fatso. Not sure if this is a glitch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-04-20 01:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Omgwtftaru said:
Not that it really matters or anything, but I just attempted to solo Orcus while hunting VNMs before I ran out of pet food! Only used one stack of pet food and one DipperYuly in case anyone wondering. Orcus misses a lot and its attacks are pretty weak so I'm sure its soloable. Nice to be able to solo things outside of Abyssea now and then. Gravitic Horn deals about 90% of damage to pet depending on pet: MDB and DT-, save reward for those or if it uses another TP move if your pet is at low HP.

when i saw this, the first thought that came to my mind was this

...poor yuly
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-20 07:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dethard said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

I soloed Ironclad Sunderer in Abyssea Grauberg and it was relatively easy fight, although it took about 40 minutes. DG makes it easy and using Fatso Fargan saves you pet food. Only danger is when it resets hate after using Scapula Beam, you need to be close enough to snarl back onto pet before he starts stunning you with his hits.

Also noticed for some reason every time the Ironclad used Arm Cannon it seemed to heal Fatso. Not sure if this is a glitch.

I noticed similar things when fighting Ironclad in Altepa. My pet's HP would be all over the place and this was NN. I attributed it to a max-hp down effect/glitch, but idk because my pet would switch from 50% to full hp then lower than 50%
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-20 08:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

With Ducal Guard and 2xPDT axes you get 70% -PDT Taken, the add-on hat would make that 80%, Assuming you have the EA trousers you'd have a native 7% DMG Taken, so 87%. Atma of the Zenith would be 97%. So, he more or less would consistently hit you for around 6 points of DMG.

You don't need that much damage taken, but still just as an example.

Shepherds Chain is -2% dmg.

Tremors Atma which is minor like zenith is not -10% dmg. I'd assume tremors is -5% if your lucky.

Heavens from Ovni is either -11-12% PDT or stout with ferine legs is more than -7%.

Me i've solo'd Cuijatender. If you don't have -100% pdt don't bother ^^. On a 2nd kill the other bst only had -99%, ??? Needles goes through then, it did 12k dmg. Takes forever though
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-25 09:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have experience soloing Teugghia(pixie NM) in Aby-Grauberg?

It spams Autumn Breeze a lot which I think I can counter with solid melee action, however it says it spams aga4's. Are these wind-based onry? Advice?
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-25 09:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Well I planned on having a thf/dnc with me for TH, and with pet + snarl the thf should never get hate. If I cant get the thf with me, i'll sic pet up front and attack from rear. Snarl will keep him facing front to my pet, i just hope im close enough to snarl him, forget what the range is
Why not just fight it from the side/behindish so it sticks to serpentine?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-25 09:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

btw anyone have any idea how much regen is from MKE hat?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-25 10:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

5/tic
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-25 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
5/tic
... such fail
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-04-25 10:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If MKE regen stacks with Reward regen + Atma regen, I'll take it
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-25 10:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
over haste or -dt?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-25 17:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
over haste or -dt?

Not sure why you got rated down lol.

I did DT-10% and regen+1, just to see what the regen was. Not a very hard fight, prob keep it like that for now.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30