First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-11-29 13:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said: »
Bahamut.Sakurawr said: »
Doubt Raptor would beat slug for the whole fight, if you consider Tiamat hits like a brick and Raptor I remember being on the lower defence side while Slug has nice defence + Corrosive Ooze.
Guy used Hippo in the video for most likely the evasion (obviously) due to I noticed at the end Tiamat was hitting the Hippo for ~515 a hit. I'd say it's possible at 95 at a push, but it'd be hard (Gooey due to the last 20?% I think it is and Dipper due to her weaknesses).

And yes, Xoraken is a nice person D: Even if I do prolly alienate him as I have a tendancy to talk too much. /shot

I called Gooey a snail, I need more sleep, >.>

Tried Raptor and gooey on Lugh because of fire magic. Gooey resisted fire more than raptor by alot. 130-150 dmg ga3's on raptor to 30-40 dmg ga3's on gooey.
Gooey seems to have high magic evasion (before any specific element + or -s), notable with Cerberus V Iratham.
Cerb who is lower level than Gooey had his fire attacks resisted alot, while Iratham whenever we aggroed it and I pulled it away with Gooey to flux it often does ~900-1k nukes with Flare/Firaga III (no -DT atma).

Tiamat is 95? I think, so 95 Gooey v 95 Tiamat I would say you'll most likely see more unresisted damage than resisted, but 99 Gooey v 95 Tiamat more resisted than unresisted damage.
But Gooey has native MDT as is (potent one at that) so damage is likely to be lower as is and will be in total if a breath/attack goes through unresisted.

Without knowing how defensive Hippo is (assuming it to be mid-low here) and considering Hippo you'd be using Eva and Gooey PDT I'd imagine you could just about get that ~515 on Hippo down to ~290, 250 at the outside (if Ooze is on) which may be just enough to take her down when she hits the 25% stage. I'd basically have to say you'd need a bloody ton of Mulsum and managed to use none of it prior to the 25% stage to make it through that. More so for Dipper as she has low HP and isn't very defensive, a few bad hits would prolly kill you. (Also anyone know if Wyrms are blunt damage? since I've seen comments of Gooey's blunt resistance)

loltextblock
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-12-05 14:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles said: »
I have soloed:

- Gamayun
- Chione

Which pets did you use on these two and the sub of your choice?

Or can any bst reply.

Thank you
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-12-05 16:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
I have soloed:

- Gamayun
- Chione

Or can any bst reply.

Thank you

Gamayun? the tier2 VNM? that's a afk dipper solo. (just make sure you have 30-45 mins) I've done this one multiply times.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-12-05 19:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said: »
Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
I have soloed:

- Gamayun
- Chione

Or can any bst reply.

Thank you

Gamayun? the tier2 VNM? that's a afk dipper solo. (just make sure you have 30-45 mins) I've done this one multiply times.

sub-job options?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-05 19:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think sub should matter. Yuly's wind resist vs. Gamayun makes it a joke. I guess /NIN or /DNC for dualwield. Just make sure you keep your distance so she doesn't one-shot you.
 Bismarck.Nooblet
user: djtickle
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2011-12-06 03:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not a hard solo, just posting so people know it can be done.

Full -pdt set, 1 Dipper, about 5 Zetas solo'd Animated Shield np. Just be carefull with ga sleep.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-12-06 08:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I don't think sub should matter. Yuly's wind resist vs. Gamayun makes it a joke. I guess /NIN or /DNC for dualwield. Just make sure you keep your distance so she doesn't one-shot you.

20' +
Aerial Blast does 3k dmg easily. Also to ppl outside pt. Best to let your pet do the work.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-12-06 09:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

How about T2 Chione aka shiva, was thinking subbing whm, and pet undecided.

Any suggestion on pet?
By Sakuhra 2011-12-08 04:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Could I solo seal nm´s with just 2x dmg-axe and atmas (Which atmas would be best regen and -dmg taken?) or will I need more dmg taken- gear like the -10% head from the mini addon?
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-08 05:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
Could I solo seal nm´s with just 2x dmg-axe and atmas (Which atmas would be best regen and -dmg taken?) or will I need more dmg taken- gear like the -10% head from the mini addon?

Should be able to with Ducal Guard, though I'd suggest doing the -PDT axes.
 Cerberus.Punky
Server: Cerberus
user: Cerbpunky
By Cerberus.Punky 2011-12-08 05:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

As a basic strategy for most abyssea NM

2 PDT axes
BST af3+1 legs
Anwig Salade with 10% DT for pet

Then use
ducal guard
razed ruins
mounted champion

This should take you to 87% PDT damage reduction and 67% MDT reduction I belive. Make some MDB axes or use Zenith if your mob casts alot of magic (Zenith will take MDT to 77%)

Take some pet food (zetas) , muslum for emergency. Use pet food zeta when low (10-20%) to keep your pet below 50% (and therefore triggering 50% DT from ducal guard)

If mob does not have alot of sucky AOE (sleepga paralyga etc) you can probably melee alongside NM. If you melee alongside dont forget snarl.

Use spur and whatever ready command u can when up to speed things up.

Killing solo with just pet is usually slow. You will probably be struggling to get triggers so it can take a long time to get drops so bring a trigger mule if u can depending on procs u want.
[+]
 Fenrir.Flamm
user: Flamm
By Fenrir.Flamm 2011-12-22 01:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably pretty small time for most of the stuff on here, but I was pretty happy with it on my mediocre bst. Also, sorry for the shitty cellphone pick gotta love that xbox.

By Leoxtribal 2011-12-22 01:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Turul is soloable too if that hasnt been noted. Use RR/MC/DG and 2-3 dippers. Rewards dependent with luck, sometimes only have to used 2-3. Spikes can be a pain. soloable but mostly duo'd with my pup friend. Could also be easier with a few pieces of gear im missing. Only things that really tear your pet up is the spikes and that fang move.

Now that i look at the rest of the thread, turul seems like a rabbit in ronfaure.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-22 07:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leoxtribal said: »
Turul is soloable too if that hasnt been noted. Use RR/MC/DG and 2-3 dippers. Rewards dependent with luck, sometimes only have to used 2-3. Spikes can be a pain. soloable but mostly duo'd with my pup friend. Could also be easier with a few pieces of gear im missing. Only things that really tear your pet up is the spikes and that fang move.

Now that i look at the rest of the thread, turul seems like a rabbit in ronfaure.

With care, Turul can be done with just 1 Dipper.. Just have to Heel your pet when spikes go up, be ready to cure after the fang move.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-12-26 20:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a good pet for T2 Chione aka shiva?
By sinna 2011-12-26 21:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

gooey is best for that T2, would also recommend using mounted champion as one of your atmas.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-12-28 12:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sinna said: »
gooey is best for that T2, would also recommend using mounted champion as one of your atmas.

I had to call for beast 2x on Chione. Unless i need to build 2x axes against her magic. So, far gooey was awesome vs T3 levi, Yully was great with garuda and forgot the pet was also great on T3 brulo. It just seems there aren't any pet with ice resistant. Anyways, thanks for the tip.

Working on helm so perhaps that might help a bit.
 Fenrir.Phatstackodax
By Fenrir.Phatstackodax 2012-01-11 12:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it in here, but the ksnm "The Horns of War" is easy @ 99 with 1 hippo and 3 zeta biscuits. ~ 12 minutes solo. 0/4 on tongue; ;
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-11 13:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Gooey does ridiculously well in that BC. Was solo'ing it at 95 with him.
 Bismarck.Nooblet
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2012-01-16 05:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the horns of war tip, did it myself with Gooey was a walk in the park.

Has anyone any experience with Sea bosses?

Jailer of Fortitude
Jailer of Faith - Soloable by bst using dipper, and about 4 theta's. No special gear. Avoid breakga.
Jailer of Hope
Jailer of Love
Jailer of Prudence
Jailer of Temperance

There is justice as well but I have that neck but im sure any info for other bsts would be helpful.
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2012-01-16 06:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Jailer of Faith is soloable by bst using dipper, and about 4 theta's. Magic seems to get stronger under manafont, otherwise the fight is a joke. No -pdt or any other defensive stuff for pet, just stay back to avoid breakga and it is a walk in the park. 1/2 on Faith Torque.

Edit: also, have not played around with the other Jailer's, not sure any of the others would be soloable, perhaps duo'd though.
 Bismarck.Nooblet
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2012-01-16 06:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks ill edit my post to reflect.
 Leviathan.Crytone
Server: Leviathan
user: Crytone
By Leviathan.Crytone 2012-01-17 06:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done quite a bit of solo sea so I'll chime in with my experiences.

Fortitude - Unfortunately I haven't found a way to effectively solo this jailer. It just takes nearly no melee damage. I therefore farm the pops and duo this jailer with a SMN.

Faith - Answered above. 0/~15 or so on torque myself...

Hope - Very easy. I used Dipper and never had any problems.

Prudence - Again, I used Dipper. They seemed to miss dipper a lot and never was in any real danger. I believe there's a screenshot in this thread showing this very fact.

Temperance - Yup, Dipper again. It's really more an endurance fight since it will have a random melee weakness (usually something immune to dipper). I sometimes melee along with dipper with an appropriate weapon to speed it up and it helped a bit but just have to be careful (watch out for Meikyo Shisui). Don't expect a 10 minute fight, usually takes me 30-45min depending on how safe I play it and how lucky I am with weakness.

Love - Haven't tried and probably wouldn't anytime soon anyways.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-01-17 09:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

how about ix'mnk if I trade 3 organs?
 Leviathan.Crytone
Server: Leviathan
user: Crytone
By Leviathan.Crytone 2012-01-17 18:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »

This fight can be a bit tricky. I did it a few times back at 95 cap but don't expect it's changed much. The hardest part of it being that you must get your pet hate from all 3 enemies before they have a chance to kill you.

There's various ways to do this and your preferred method is up to you (I personally put pet on Ix'mnk then used tp/ja's to get some hate from other enemies and then snarled onto my pet). Another method I've used before, when things go bad, is to die, get up, call beast, then put your pet on them. Pet should have all the hate from the beginning. Other than that they are pretty standard fight for a BST.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-17 19:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
I've done it at 99 cap a few times. What I did was grab hate from the WHM and just whack at it while the pet handles the RDM and Ix'MNK. The pet will eventually kill the RDM. Just keep using reward when it's up and pet PDT gear is pretty much a must. I usually use Dipper because of Spiral Spin.
 Bismarck.Nooblet
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2012-01-18 03:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone any advice for Kukulkan solo?
 Bismarck.Nooblet
By Bismarck.Nooblet 2012-01-18 03:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i made this sheet with info ive collected from this thread.

Its a little light on info atm but it has a monster list of what people in this thread have said can be solo'd.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AkbjB8pPAzz7dFBnYUxWbThZU3Q4VThocFpBei0xLUE&output=html

If people keep posting info on what they have done, ill keep it updated.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cleverness
By Cerberus.Cleverness 2012-01-19 11:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Since it got skipped, how do people go about doing Jailer of Justice as BST? I have access to a SMN to help with damage for these fights, was just curious if people successfully did it and preferred a specific pet for it(been using Yuly for the others, if the exploding pets are an issue maybe Gerard?)
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-01-19 11:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Otsego said: »
Jailer of Faith is soloable by bst using dipper, and about 4 theta's. Magic seems to get stronger under manafont, otherwise the fight is a joke. No -pdt or any other defensive stuff for pet, just stay back to avoid breakga and it is a walk in the park. 1/2 on Faith Torque. Edit: also, have not played around with the other Jailer's, not sure any of the others would be soloable, perhaps duo'd though.

die in a fire!!!!!!! 0/26 on faith torque
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 28 29 30