Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-11-21 23:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

dont need addendum for cure4
By Yamoto 2011-11-21 23:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, Addendum: White would probably be easier to test. If it is indeed a hate eraser just aggro a low lvl mob and spam addendum spells and see if it erases hate and deaggros?
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-11-21 23:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There have been plenty of times where I've been nuke>sleep>nuking stuff and the mob will randomly go yellow and depop. It happens all the time in sea in those square rooms when you're kiting the flowers around. It can happen after a nuke or anything, it doesn't matter so long as the mob doesn't touch you. It sounds like what's going on here.

Best test would be to stand next to the mob and just spam spells on it until you lose hate I guess (while it's hitting you).
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-11-21 23:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This would happen to me back at 75 in flan camp D=
By Yamoto 2011-11-21 23:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember it happening when you were far enough away from the mob, but when you're in close range? Not close enough to get hit, but just outside of melee range?
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-11-22 00:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say 7-20 yalms as most of the time it would despawn during my casting.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-11-22 14:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yamoto said: »
Actually, Addendum: White would probably be easier to test. If it is indeed a hate eraser just aggro a low lvl mob and spam addendum spells and see if it erases hate and deaggros?

so wait? curious would casting a -na spell on a party/alliance member erase my hate then?
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-11-22 14:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

so wait? curious would casting a -na spell on a party/alliance member erase my hate then?
If I understand it correctly, there will be chance to erase your hate, so yes. (Definitely not 100%)
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-11-22 14:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

If I understand it correctly, there will be chance to erase your hate, so yes. (Definitely not 100%)

well thats kinda interesting then....considering how Voidwatch currently functions... having sch cast tier3-tier5's and have blm everything else
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-22 14:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tested it (Night was lazy), but I highly doubt it erases hate completely, it probably just has a chance to produce a completely hateless spell. We'll find out sometime.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-22 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see them giving SCH Enmity Douse as a random gear proc... it would almost certainly be minimal hate for the one spell at best.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-22 15:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH Body+2 is one of the 4 pieces I'm missing overall, or else I'd play around. :( Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest the possibility of erasing hate entirely, but it could just be a bugged mechanic. That doesn't sound like something they would implement. Then again, this is the FFXI Dev. Team.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-11-22 16:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
SCH Body+2 is one of the 4 pieces I'm missing overall, or else I'd play around. :( Anecdotal evidence seems to suggest the possibility of erasing hate entirely, but it could just be a bugged mechanic. That doesn't sound like something they would implement. Then again, this is the FFXI Dev. Team.

I agree any form of consistency with the FFXI Dev team is just a shocker. I'm really starting to think the Dev team is on "something" when they do the SCH updates...

in any case im testing it at the moment with a THF and PLD. ill post results later today
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2011-11-22 16:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

More than likely the depopping has nothing to do with 'enhances adendum' or SCH at all. If a mob is unable to hit you for an extended period of time (sleep, gravity, simple outrunning) it can sometimes just stop, turn yellow, and despawn. This has happened to me many times on BLM, occasionally within seconds of landing a spell on a mob (usually crabs). It despawns if it's outside it's roaming area, otehrwise it could just turn yellow and walk away.

Also, even if it did completely erase enmity, aggro is different and can exist with 0 enmity. Enmity Douse obviously doesn't remove aggro, only enmity. If you're solo and your enmity somehow drops to 0 you'd never notice.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-11-22 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
I've had cases where, say a hpemde follows you for 20 seconds before giving up.

if you sleep that mob at 19 seconds of following you, it will wake up right at 20 seconds and walk away, ignoring your enfeeble completely because you didn't do damage /shrug and I've even done damage to them at 19 seconds of following you at at the 20th second they just said "*** this" and walked away anyways

So idk about sea and testing this, enmity wise. I always believed if you dealt damage, any mob in game would come after you. contrary to what I've been seeing this last little while

the only other mob in game I can think of with an enmity glitch like this is the corse NM in tahrongi. will randomly stop if you are out of sneak aggro range and give up
Hpedmes are unique mobs in that they aggro but aren't aggressive, not unlike Lycopodiums, but unlike Lycopodiums they are notorious for remaining unaggressive so long as no damage is done to it, so you can enfeeble it and it will ignore it and will not attack.

Calling out the unique trait of one monster family doesn't disqualify these findings at all, especially seeing as how it was performed against other monsters. And if you're bringing up Hpedmes to imply that it's a "glitch", their aggressive attributes are well known and completely separate of other mobs. And in regard to notorious monsters such as Amun and Mict;asdjkgfr;asdf, we're seeing these instances be applied to monsters that are known as having no deviations from the norm reported on them until now, where the NMs have had multiple grievances of requiring multiple claim/pull attempts, etc, etc.

To bring them up is the rough equivalent of "Hey guys, the sky is blue btw, in case you didn't know, so yeah, /shrug"

Tell us about the day you blizzard V'ed a beetle on blm and it shrugged it off and it'll be relevant.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-11-22 17:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
I've had cases where, say a hpemde follows you for 20 seconds before giving up.

if you sleep that mob at 19 seconds of following you, it will wake up right at 20 seconds and walk away, ignoring your enfeeble completely because you didn't do damage /shrug and I've even done damage to them at 19 seconds of following you at at the 20th second they just said "*** this" and walked away anyways

So idk about sea and testing this, enmity wise. I always believed if you dealt damage, any mob in game would come after you. contrary to what I've been seeing this last little while

the only other mob in game I can think of with an enmity glitch like this is the corse NM in tahrongi. will randomly stop if you are out of sneak aggro range and give up
Hpedmes are unique mobs in that they aggro but aren't aggressive, not unlike Lycopodiums, but unlike Lycopodiums they are notorious for remaining unaggressive so long as no damage is done to it, so you can enfeeble it and it will ignore it and will not attack.

Calling out the unique trait of one monster family doesn't disqualify these findings at all, especially seeing as how it was performed against other monsters. And if you're bringing up Hpedmes to imply that it's a "glitch", their aggressive attributes are well known and completely separate of other mobs. And in regard to notorious monsters such as Amun and Mict;asdjkgfr;asdf, we're seeing these instances be applied to monsters that are known as having no deviations from the norm reported on them until now.

To bring them up is the rough equivalent of "Hey guys, the sky is blue btw, in case you didn't know, so yeah, /shrug"

Tell us about the day you blizzard V'ed a beetle on blm and it shrugged it off and it'll be relevant.
I bolded the part you seemed to miss. My point wasn't to explain how sea functions my point was for some reason, it was behavior I had never seen before or heard of before.

And I was on whm not scholar, it was just something very odd I saw happen recently that's all. My first sentence was just to give a context of my post.
And I've bolded the part you seemed to miss
I'll restate
Hpedme are not normal mobs, they are very very very different in their aggression properties. Any deviations from the norm reported on them is nothing new.

Good lord
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2011-11-22 17:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine was once skilling up elemental magic on RDM back at 75 cap. He was nuking a troll in Wajaom Woodlands and after a while the troll just gave up and walked off.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-22 17:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
A friend of mine was once skilling up elemental magic on RDM back at 75 cap. He was nuking a troll in Wajaom Woodlands and after a while the troll just gave up and walked off.
You can say that the rdm was...

*puts on sunglasses*

trolled.

YEEEEEAH!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-11-22 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

this is the last time I'll reply about this, I don't want to derail completely but for some reason you still aren't hearing me. I'll simplify it.

First I notice "hmmm I did damage to that monster and yet it didn't attack, never seen a hpemde do that"

then I check wiki and bgwiki, curious if that type of behavior is listed at all "may occasionally let damage be dealt and remain passive" etc or if it's just a glitch

both bgwiki and wiki state

Quote:
Hpemdes will aggro and follow you. You can perform actions on them that cause no damage (Slow, Paralyze, Steal, Provoke, etc) and they will remain passive. They will only attack if something is done to reduce their HP.
oddly stating nothing about remaining passive while taking damage. so I shrug and forget about it.

Then someone here mentions weird enmity behavior in sea. and so I post what I saw. Calm down and like I said, don't worry I wont bring this up again
Well thank you for your significant contribution

Btw you have an avatar that is an anime character
In case that interests you in the least

/shrug
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-22 17:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys need an enmity reset! :< *hands over gowns*

inb4 tests show it won't work.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-22 18:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Not difficult to test for, and if I had someone to do it with I would.

Have one person go on SCH/RDM, the other go something/WHM. Both people's enmity levels obviously have to be equal, accounting for merits etc. SCH should have Addendum: Black or White as well as +2 Gown equipped. While it is unlikely, these monsters can critical for 1 damage which would cause a minor issue. It's best if both parties keep Stoneskin up, just make sure to cast it at the same time to avoid enmity unbalancing. If you do this, keep count of the number of stoneskins cast and add 1 CE for every one.

Go to Ronfaure or a like area and find a rabbit/bee/etc. outside of the gate. The non-SCH pulls with Slow to produce 201 CE. Wait for the VE to decay, then the SCH casts Blind on the mob or Regen on the puller. This will produce 1 CE and 300VE, which should cause the monster to look at the SCH briefly.

From this point, the SCH should wait for VE to decay (the enemy looks back at the puller) and then casts Blind or Regen again (only the initial Regen must be on the puller). Make sure to count how many Blinds/Regens you've casted.

If the monster fails to turn, the spell may have been hateless, or hate may have been reset (my money goes on the former). In order to check, take (201 - number of Blinds or Regens cast) and cast as many barspells as the result. This will even out hate so that both the SCH and the puller have 201 CE. The SCH can then cast one more barspell, if the monster is not permanently on the SCH at this point then the Blind/Regen was hateless. Cast one more time, if the monster is not permanently on the SCH now, then enmity was reset.

Repeat this test for both white and black magic, preferably numerous times. I doubt the white and black effects are different, but still. If you don't see any results after a while, it's likely that no such effect exists.

An alternative to this experiment that would be easier to observe but more time consuming that would involve the SCH subbing WHM. Note that this will also only work for white magic.

Perform the same procedure as the first experiment up until casting Blind/Regen. Instead of either of those spells, cast Flash. This will provide the SCH with 180 CE, leaving the puller 21 CE ahead. Wait for the VE to dissipate and for the monster to turn back to the puller then have the puller cast flash. Again, wait for VE to dissipate. Do this over and over until you see any odd results, and be wary of reaching the enmity cap. If the monster does not turn toward the SCH, then it is likely that enmity was ignored or erased.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-22 19:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Tests for but one form of one possibility. Mobs not being claimed by spells could be attributed to factors other than the gown's effect. It's equally likely that the addendum effect could simple cut the spell's enmity to 1CE as it is to cut the spell's enmity out entirely, or it could cut the SCH's overall enmity to 1CE or to 0. 0 seems very unlikely.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2011-11-22 21:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned almost exactly that (crabs rather than beetles, but whatever) and that it's happened repeatedly. Of course, I was actually arguing that it's only relevance to the discussion was that such mob disinterest seems to be common (moreso in Abyssea than other places) and has nothing to do with SCH empyrean armor at all. For whatever reason Abyssea mobs especially give up easily if they can't hit (literally swing at) they're attacker, while most mobs have a bit more patience, and as far as I can tell dynamis mobs/ NMs and perhaps a few others never give up.

For some further details, I've had mobs despawn at <20% hp usually after a bout of aspiring them (leaving them alive much longer than if I were just outright nuking), sometimes the despawn immediately after aspir, blizzard V, blizzard, IV, or a variety of other spells land. If I notice that their name turned yellow in time I can stun to reclaim them.
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-22 22:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Monkeynutz said: »

I mentioned almost exactly that (crabs rather than beetles, but whatever) and that it's happened repeatedly. Of course, I was actually arguing that it's only relevance to the discussion was that such mob disinterest seems to be common (moreso in Abyssea than other places) and has nothing to do with SCH empyrean armor at all. For whatever reason Abyssea mobs especially give up easily if they can't hit (literally swing at) they're attacker, while most mobs have a bit more patience, and as far as I can tell dynamis mobs/ NMs and perhaps a few others never give up.

For some further details, I've had mobs despawn at <20% hp usually after a bout of aspiring them (leaving them alive much longer than if I were just outright nuking), sometimes the despawn immediately after aspir, blizzard V, blizzard, IV, or a variety of other spells land. If I notice that their name turned yellow in time I can stun to reclaim them.

It's well known that a mob will deaggro if they can't melee/cast a smell on you for I believe it's 20sec awake time. That's not happened with my Squid, it was within melee range, it just walked off after it woke up.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-11-23 03:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely more than 20 seconds, probably more like 30, but yeah. Any testing with this should probably we done with a scent mob just for random glitching reasons. Especially if you intend to not be standing right next to the mob for whatever reason.