savant's gown / enhances addendum
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-31 22:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Terren said:
Yeah, I was noticing the same thing tonight - didn't pull hate as often, ever after some massive bliz4s on trash NMs. It may well be an enmity reduction.

I guess that'd be handy for nuking but I'm not sure this is the best body piece in the world for cures.

I still prefer the Goliard Siao for curing. Unless we get something like Noble's (It's a shame we don't get the Guerdon Body with Cure Potency), I can't see Goliard being replaced anytime soon.
 Asura.Lyliaelia
Server: Asura
user: Lyliaelia
By Asura.Lyliaelia 2010-12-31 23:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

good question, i too wonder how the body works out for the addenda; i'd take a blind guess and agree with others it'd be something more universal (like enmity or something) to cover both white magic and black magic. it probably just covers those spells accessed by said addenda so who knows

[and following square enix's pattern] scholar will get fire v at 91, blizzie v at 95 and thunder v at 99 (thank god lol, no thunder v for scholar is )= )
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-01 09:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
I still prefer the Goliard Siao for curing. Unless we get something like Noble's (It's a shame we don't get the Guerdon Body with Cure Potency), I can't see Goliard being replaced anytime soon.

I think it's a shame there is no real buff for curing/enhancing on the AF as it's supposed to be a job that can do both, whereas SquareEnix only wants to make it BLM mark.2

I know it gets a Enhances "Rapture" effect, but still, they could have added a Cure Potency +5% at least in there. Still I hold out hope that I'll read
Quote:
Raise III-Reraise III WHM SCH
before the final 99 cap, With Equipment and ATMA getting Auto-Reraise III it's not like they care for WHM's being Raisers anymore.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-01 09:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
before the final 99 cap, With Equipment and ATMA getting Auto-Reraise III it's not like they care for WHM's being Raisers anymore.

Not quite sure you can argue atma for 91-99 because we all know abyssea had its third and final mini expansion... so we're gonna be outside of abyssea for 91-99 (or atleast the intended content will be outside...you can obviously still exp in abyssea)
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-01 09:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Even regular mobs would work really. Nms tend to vary a bit for some reason but most normal xp lvl mobs you should hit the same numbers for the same nuke unless you critting

That's how I tested, and only modifying Addendum: Black, and I still say I was getting a 5% damage return on Thunder III. Come to think of it though, I don't recall if I had kept my Cybele pants on, but it was well over 20 nukes I checked, and the bonus was never 10%(Magic crit) sooo.
If you were getting 5% now, perhaps it will increase to 10% with the +2, I believe that's how the Dual Wield on DNC body works.
Test it out when you get the +2 :>
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-01 21:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:

Not quite sure you can argue atma for 91-99 because we all know abyssea had its third and final mini expansion... so we're gonna be outside of abyssea for 91-99 (or atleast the intended content will be outside...you can obviously still exp in abyssea)
True enough, but the Twilight suit itself works outside. Just doesn't seem to matter too much about Raise III, WHM's don't need it to be good at what they do.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-01 22:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

well not every DD is gonna have full set, and not every DD can USE the full set... so R3 is still whm's duty :P ..its true they dont need it to be good at whm...but you wouldn't believe how many jackasses you run into that will cancel R2, and demand R3 (atleast my server it used to happen a ton)
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-02 01:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

again sch will get raise3 on cap 99
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-01-02 01:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it dat mined already Eman? Cuz I'm not sure its gonna happen..I saw a speculation/dat mine tread bout some spells, but I dont remember if R3 was on there for sch. I did see thunder 5 at 99 for sch though. A ton of people also claimed that salvage armors would get magian trials and said "it was said by SE" but it hasn't quite happened yet lol
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-02 09:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Was it dat mined already Eman? Cuz I'm not sure its gonna happen..I saw a speculation/dat mine tread bout some spells, but I dont remember if R3 was on there for sch. I did see thunder 5 at 99 for sch though. A ton of people also claimed that salvage armors would get magian trials and said "it was said by SE" but it hasn't quite happened yet lol
i was not sure that regen3 and tier5 spells was gonna happen.. but yeah.. SE loves to gives surprises i'm not surprised if they add raise3/cure5 to sch they got na and erase r3 is not relevant atm anyways
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-02 09:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

and they will prolly put raise4 to whms just to compensate
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 09:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm still needs cure V back...
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-01-02 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Still no one knows what Enhances Addendum does? I have 2 guesses, each unlikely as the other.
1. Its an enhancement to allow us in future updates to get more spell, but only when wearing the piece. (Think Twilight Cloak)
2. Would Enhances Spells that are acquired with sub to be Accessionable. (Hastega, Raisega, Blaze Spikega etc,) and Manifestionable, (Thundaga Banishaga etc.)

All right, 2nd one is wishful thinking, and most mages will rage if we ever get something like that. I hope the mistery is resolved soon >.>
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-02 10:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Terren said:
Yeah, I was noticing the same thing tonight - didn't pull hate as often, ever after some massive bliz4s on trash NMs. It may well be an enmity reduction.

I guess that'd be handy for nuking but I'm not sure this is the best body piece in the world for cures.

i just wish sch was able use that cure % refresh aug bodys from trophys i mean come on , giving it to smn...

and so if it is -enmity that mean sch can cast the enmity down spell on top this?
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-01-02 10:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i was not sure that regen3 and tier5 spells was gonna happen.. but yeah.. SE loves to gives surprises i'm not surprised if they add raise3/cure5 to sch they got na and erase r3 is not relevant atm anyways

Se also has said lot things they gonan do and never happens...
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-01-02 15:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
and they will prolly put raise4 to whms just to compensate

Will be 90% EXP Back with no Weakness effect, just for fun.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2011-01-07 04:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got mine tonight and tried checking if perhaps it gives a chance to use a stratagem without consuming a charge or something (haven't seen this mentioned yet).

Did 35 trials and didn't save any charges, but it could always be a 1% chance or something stupid. Something to keep in mind; I'll keep watching for it as I use this piece in the near future.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-01-07 06:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

it wouldnt suprise me if it wasnt pure and simply something like how long the Addendium lasts..

i think its 2 hour under an addendia.. so as peoplpe seem to spend longer than 2 hrs in abyss it could mean it stays on for say 3 hours or something.
 Leviathan.Veltan
Server: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2011-01-07 08:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure someone has checked this, and I would have if i had my body already, but has anyone checked the opposing spells while in addendum? I.e. Sch/rdm with addendum:black getting some of the addendum:white spells?

If it is just -enmity, it is still a pretty big bonus.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2011-01-07 19:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see why they would make it -enmity. A scholar is virtually always going to be in one addendum or the other; if that's what it was they may as well have just made it straight -enmity, unless the enmity bonus only applies to spells of the grimoire you're currently using (in which case they would probably just say "Grimoire: Enmity-"), or else their goal is just to try and confuse us.

Considering that all of the other equipment with "Enhances Stratagem_X effect" does no more than give a boost to exactly what the stratagem does (more damage for Ebullience, more MP saved for Parsimony, nothing extraneous like enmity), I'm inclined to think that this one will be no different. The only thing the addendum abilities do is allow access to more spells. With that in mind, I can't imagine this being anything other than allowing even further access to spells, so I think it's most likely that some of the post level 90 SCH spells will be accessible only via wearing this body, similar to the Twilight Cloak. I haven't yet noticed any spells that were previously only accessible via one grimoire opened up in the other through this piece of equipment.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-24 14:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
FFXI_EN

What's the effect “Enhances Addendum:White/Black” on SCH’s Empyrean body? W/o going into too much detail, it’s related to your enmity. #FFXI
[+]
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-24 16:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Quote:
FFXI_EN What's the effect “Enhances Addendum:White/Black” on SCH’s Empyrean body? W/o going into too much detail, it’s related to your enmity. #FFXI
- enmity I guess (wouldn't make since otherwize)
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-24 16:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't suppose anyone has an idea as to how much enmity- it is?
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-24 17:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
I don't suppose anyone has an idea as to how much enmity- it is?
seeing as no one had a clue of what it ever did before this hint from SE.... no.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2011-01-24 17:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally had some fun with the Savant's Gown +2 when my LS was killing random NM in abyssea last night. While most of the night I was stuck on healing mode. Later when we had more healers I could finally nuke, so like all nukers (or maybe that's just me) when we poped the NM I would launch a Thunder4 (Thunderstorm/Thunder day) nuke at the NM. The monster would just nip me for minor amount of damage at then go back to the melees.

Not much evident of how much -enmity Gown +2 has (or rather) than for me just sucking badly. Little time (and lack of knowledge) to do a proper enmity testing. At least it's something.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ricont
Server: Cerberus
user: Ricont
By Cerberus.Ricont 2011-01-24 22:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran some tests tonight - below are my findings.

Testing Setup:
- 3 level 90 members. 2 with Aspir (SCH and a Control), 1 puller
- SCH has capped -enmity merits, so -4 enmity when naked. Control has no -enmity merits
- SCH and Control must take no damage during the pull
- Puller pulls monster, Control casts Aspir (320 CE, 0 VE) on it, Scholar casts Aspir on it. Scholar then Libras once monster targets the Control.
- Libra results should show Control at 100% enmity.

Test 1
Does Savant's Gown +1 add a static -enmity when in an addendum? If so, Libra should show Scholar at a lesser percentage when wearing the gown after the test.

Results:
Naked Scholar, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 95%
Control 100%

Scholar wearing only Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 95%
Control 100%

Note: Since scholar has -4 enmity, I expected a result of 96%. The actual result is 95%, leading me to believe that Libra may have rounding issues.

Conclusion
Savant's Gown +1 does not add a static -enmity bonus.

Test 2
Does Savant's Gown +1 increase the -enmity given by other pieces of gear?

Results:
Scholar wearing only Novia Earring, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 88%
Control 100%

Scholar wearing only Novia Earring and Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 88%
Control 100%

Conclusion
Savant's Gown +1 does not increase the -enmity of other pieces of gear.

Test 3
Does Savant's Gown +1 increase the -enmity cap beyond -50?

Results:
Scholar wearing -50 enmity and no Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 50%
Control 100%

Scholar wearing -55 enmity and Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 50%
Control 100%

Conclusion
Savant's Gown +1 does not increase the -enmity cap beyond -50.

-----

I have a feeling that Savant's Gown +1 increases the rate at which volatile enmity (VE) decays when in an Addendum. However, I need to create a test for this.
[+]
By Bikpik 2011-01-25 06:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ricont said:
I ran some tests tonight - below are my findings.

Testing Setup:
- 3 level 90 members. 2 with Aspir (SCH and a Control), 1 puller
- SCH has capped -enmity merits, so -4 enmity when naked. Control has no -enmity merits
- SCH and Control must take no damage during the pull
- Puller pulls monster, Control casts Aspir (320 CE, 0 VE) on it, Scholar casts Aspir on it. Scholar then Libras once monster targets the Control.
- Libra results should show Control at 100% enmity.

Test 1
Does Savant's Gown +1 add a static -enmity when in an addendum? If so, Libra should show Scholar at a lesser percentage when wearing the gown after the test.

Results:
Naked Scholar, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 95%
Control 100%

Scholar wearing only Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 95%
Control 100%

Note: Since scholar has -4 enmity, I expected a result of 96%. The actual result is 95%, leading me to believe that Libra may have rounding issues.

Conclusion
Savant's Gown +1 does not add a static -enmity bonus.

Test 2
Does Savant's Gown +1 increase the -enmity given by other pieces of gear?

Results:
Scholar wearing only Novia Earring, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 88%
Control 100%

Scholar wearing only Novia Earring and Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 88%
Control 100%

Conclusion
Savant's Gown +1 does not increase the -enmity of other pieces of gear.

Test 3
Does Savant's Gown +1 increase the -enmity cap beyond -50?

Results:
Scholar wearing -50 enmity and no Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 50%
Control 100%

Scholar wearing -55 enmity and Gown, Control wearing no armor
Scholar 50%
Control 100%

Conclusion
Savant's Gown +1 does not increase the -enmity cap beyond -50.

-----

I have a feeling that Savant's Gown +1 increases the rate at which volatile enmity (VE) decays when in an Addendum. However, I need to create a test for this.

1 test of each may not be enough, it could be a % decrease in enmity not 100% decrease
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-25 06:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:
I finally had some fun with the Savant's Gown +2 when my LS was killing random NM in abyssea last night. While most of the night I was stuck on healing mode. Later when we had more healers I could finally nuke, so like all nukers (or maybe that's just me) when we poped the NM I would launch a Thunder4 (Thunderstorm/Thunder day) nuke at the NM. The monster would just nip me for minor amount of damage at then go back to the melees.

Not much evident of how much -enmity Gown +2 has (or rather) than for me just sucking badly. Little time (and lack of knowledge) to do a proper enmity testing. At least it's something.

Thunder IV deals significantly less damage than spells such as Blizzard IV considering we gain so much from atma of the beyond, so I suspect your damage wasn't very high even with the day. Just sayin'
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 07:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly I would've gone with hate switching and rely on libra. Also I'd do the test with both of them having base 0 emnity.

Also VE decay wouldn't be much harder to test. Though you'd have to prove it doesn't effect either CE or VE gain at all before you get into decay... also might effect CE loss too

For VE decay once you've proven it doesn't effect emnity gain. I'd recommend having 1 person of any job gain 4 CE and allow any VE to decay then having having sch with gown weapon bash, last resort, soul eater and time how long it takes for hate to switch. Should be 58.333 seconds if you both have no emnity gear/merits etc and the gown does nothing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 07:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:

Thunder IV deals significantly less damage than spells such as Blizzard IV considering we gain so much from atma of the beyond, so I suspect your damage wasn't very high even with the day. Just sayin'
Not to mention if he was anywhere near the cap and tank/dds were too pretty much any loss or for that matter any gain on the other person would result in mob switch.

Like recently did alot of stuff on thf with a rdm... would keep hate forever then once he got hate it basically became a who took the last decent sized emnity action lol. Or get a few DDs later in the fight it becomes a who swung last thing.

Also I think people forget that amount of emnity gained thru dmg per amount dmg goes down as enemy lvl goes up when comparing it to what they used to do and such