Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-26 23:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I'm a sucker for classical guitar :(

Nice, those are really good too!

I think some piano versions are nice too.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-26 23:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hated FF5, personally.....but ugh do I want to play it now (cuz i never finished it...idk...couldn't figure out how to unlock those ultimate weapons when you got to that other planet for 1, and 2, i kept dying to that one boss that you had to solo with Galuf (and the fact there was a major boss named "X Death" was lame as ***lol)).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-26 23:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Kabukibear does THE BEST cover of Radical Dreamers I've ever heard in my life.

Yesssssssssssssss. Learning that one right now, such an awesome arrangement.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-26 23:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

KappoRDM said:
Best = Final Fantasy VI -
Best story, musical score, and characters of the whole series. It had it all and then some. Newer FF games are too hung up on pretty CG and crappy voiceovers. SE needs to get back to the basics and make good game before they focus on how pretty it is to look at... **cough XIII **cough** XIV cough**

Worst = Final Fantasy VIII -
Lackluster story (I never finished it, it was that bad), Lame characters (I wanted so much to run Squall off a cliff), completely forgettable game music... And Gun-blades. Gun-blades are ***ing stupid.

8 is *** amazing, and the music in it is wonderful, also gun-blades are bad-***, shut up fool.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-10-27 00:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
KappoRDM said:
Best = Final Fantasy VI - Best story, musical score, and characters of the whole series. It had it all and then some. Newer FF games are too hung up on pretty CG and crappy voiceovers. SE needs to get back to the basics and make good game before they focus on how pretty it is to look at... **cough XIII **cough** XIV cough** Worst = Final Fantasy VIII - Lackluster story (I never finished it, it was that bad), Lame characters (I wanted so much to run Squall off a cliff), completely forgettable game music... And Gun-blades. Gun-blades are ***ing stupid.
8 is *** amazing, and the music in it is wonderful, also gun-blades are bad-***, shut up fool.
corsairs should get gun blades
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-27 00:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
KappoRDM said:
Best = Final Fantasy VI - Best story, musical score, and characters of the whole series. It had it all and then some. Newer FF games are too hung up on pretty CG and crappy voiceovers. SE needs to get back to the basics and make good game before they focus on how pretty it is to look at... **cough XIII **cough** XIV cough** Worst = Final Fantasy VIII - Lackluster story (I never finished it, it was that bad), Lame characters (I wanted so much to run Squall off a cliff), completely forgettable game music... And Gun-blades. Gun-blades are ***ing stupid.
corsairs should get gun blades

you know...that's not a half bad idea :D
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-27 00:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ya, its not a half bad idea...its all bad lol... gun blades in XI would be lame
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-27 00:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
ya, its not a half bad idea...its all bad lol... gun blades in XI would be lame
probably, but the original idea was fun for a moment :D
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-27 00:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I would however..like to see Whips in FFXI for war/bst with added effect bind on most
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-27 00:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I would however..like to see Whips in FFXI for war/bst with added effect bind on most

you know if (lol) xiv flops they may well do what they should have done in the first place and upgrade xi. But that's just my 2 sense.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-10-27 00:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

you know if (lol) xiv flops they may well do what they should have done in the first place and upgrade xi. But that's just my 2 sense.

I actually agree.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-27 01:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

I actually agree.

I wonder if it ever occurred to them that people may actually enjoy xi to the extent that they don't want to play a different mmo, and would willingly pay for an upgrade (graphics, + areas, + jobs etc)
that one guys idea in the other thread about higher tier jobs to replace the ones we have, was interesting tbh.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-10-27 02:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorites would be VI, VII, IV, IX and XII
My least liked would be II and VIII.

Don't know why XII gets so much hate. Matsuno is a genius and all his games are amazing as far as I'm concerned. I really think he did a great job with XII. I wish he hadn't quit SE, I would love for him to make more real FF games or at least a next gen FF Tactics game.

I think the Kitase/Nomura FFs haven't been that great since VII. I thought VIII was awful and X and XIII were just okay to me (both a little too linear and story-focused for my taste).

On a side note when it comes to acoustic guitar covers I think nosebloods is a beast:

[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-27 03:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

why the *** is he wearing that pantyhose on his head?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-10-27 03:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Showing he can play in discomfort? I watched it yesterday. I WTF-ed too.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-10-27 03:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
why the *** is he wearing that pantyhose on his head?

I'm guessing it's to not be recognized. But who knows?, maybe he wants to look like an onion head taru?
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-10-27 03:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-10-27 03:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:

Love "The Decisive Battle", one of my all time favorites, especially the Black Mages' version.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-27 05:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The Reunion song really confuses me sometimes. I think if I had never played the game I would just think it's a cheery song, but for anyone who's played through those parts of the game may know what I'm talking about.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
Server: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-10-27 06:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

x-2 is worst
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-10-27 06:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Best: 7>4>10
Worst: 9>12

Not played 13 so cant comment really.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-10-27 07:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Imo

I like all final fantasy games EXCEPT!(talking main stream ff games 1-14 not things like chrono cross or chrystal chronicles or w/e)

10-2 and 13, havent tried 14 yet not gona till its on ps3, but ive herd so many bad things about it

hated 10-2.....battle system was good and everything, but storyline was kinda gay and so were the characters.

hated 13, after I Played and beat it I tried to think to myself it wasnt that bad, but im sorry 13 sucked the big 1. Battle system was too *** easy, storyline was *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE! and it was even more straight forward then 10, which I didnt think was possible, but at least 10 had SOME puzzlesolving and a few things you could do on the side like the capture monsters and fight hardcore versions of them in the bestiary thing, and blitzball. only side thing to do in 13 was the stupid li,cie crystal things, which you basically just go fight exp mobs that are slightly harder then normal. >_<

My fav ff game is and always will be 7
Reason why I like 7 is it had the best charecters(imo) lol Barret and Cid were both *** hillairious and Cloud was just a badass, Tifa and Aeris were *** hot, Vincent is a vampire, a talking dog, and a ninja. Didnt care much for Cait Sith...
I also liked 7 when Aeris died, I was 7 at the time when I played that game, and it was the first and only game that every made me tear up.

Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-10-27 08:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
FF1- awesome game to play through many times

FF2- never got far enough to really judge the story... gameplay was okay..

FF3- Story was meh... But the sheer amount of jobs had me playing for many many hours

FF4-6 haven't played

FF7- After hearing all the hype, I was disappointed... Great ability system, but the story didn't appeal to me well

FF8- indifferent really

FF9- LOVED the story (I go apeshit nostalgia *** over this game), but the ability system was boring/too easy

FF10- Horribad voice acting + bland story = wtf goodbye $50

FF12- Great story, battle/ability system. I seem to be the only one who enjoyed the Licence board...

Haven't played 13 or 14...
funny cause that was the most failure ff from square-enix (according to ratings and players opinions, not to mention it's a recycle of ffxi, even the cure spells sounds the same but in reversed, same with the landscape and mobs
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-27 08:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe its because 8 was the first FF i played, but its always been my favorite.

Like, ALWAYS, still is, Love the game, everything about it. i Loved collecting the cards, getting all the summons "GF's", Working on GF abilities, the Draw/Junctioning System i enjoyed, I liked all the hidden bosses, including the Alien (lol) and finding all the Card champs (king/queen/etc).

If i had started with 7? I'd probably not like 8 as much, its a huge difference and i think 8 was like the first game (outside of i think 2?) that had a huge difference in the style it was played (Junctioning, the GF System, Draw/etc), so i can see how most of the more "Hardcore fanboys" wouldn't like it after enjoying the first ~7.

Either way, later down the line i ended up playing 1/2 for Gameboy, enjoyed both amazingly, 4 Was epic as well.

I enjoyed 10 as well, I didn't finish it (Watched my brother) but never quite saw the ending so... I can't entirely comment on it all.

Also, Maybe its cause im a fan of FFXI, but i loved FF12 too, But I'm not afraid to admit I'm biased toward it probably entirely cause of my love for FFXI.

So

Favorites: (in order)
1) Final Fantasy VIII
2) Final Fantasy IV
3) Final Fantasy I
4) Final Fantasy XII
5) Final Fantasy II

Least (in Order):
1) Final Fantasy VII (Why? Rampant Fanboy-ism for what was an Average RPG with an Average Storyline. It was Reallyfun, But I never felt it warranted like 8 spin offs and a movie)(... Even though i loved the movie and it was awesome)

Favorite I can't list: (no particular order, since these aren't the "Main series", but i feel they should be mentioned)
1) Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced I/II
2) FF:Crystal Chronicals for Gamecube (Hate the stupid Gameboy thing, but at the same time i played it with me and my 2 brothers cause we all had the gameboys already :\, Without them it'd of sucked *** i know)
3) The FF;CC Games for the DS i loved them both, probably because i played them both with my GF or my brother. Lol, nothing was funnier than stomping on her head while she was shopping (it'd pop out coins) and when she finished shopping there'd be a big wall of coins right next to her.

Edit: I know my Opinions are far from standard lol, But its how i am, especially with the Crystal Chronical games. I'm probably biased on CC games cause i had friends to play them with. Games are always more fun when you can enjoy them with people close to you =\
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-27 09:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

To hate something solely on the reason because other people like it is kind of lol. I see it all the time though, and still to this day makes no sense to me.

I knew this one girl in college, and we began talking on the subject of music. I mentioned a few mainstream bands and I said I enjoyed some of their songs, and she literally looked at me with a face of disgust and said: "Ugh, I can't STAND mainstream music. I hate how so many people are obsessed with how great they are when there are waayyy better bands out there."

So I say back to her, "If I enjoy the song, then I enjoy it. Yes, there may be better bands out there for you, but to hate it on popularity alone is ridiculous."

She didn't understand. And I didn't understand her. Guess that's just how it'll stay.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-27 12:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Best: 7>4>10
Worst: 9>12

Not played 13 so cant comment really.

9 is the worst? Surely you cant be serious... 9 was awesome! clearly up there really close to 4.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-10-27 12:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:

Don't know why XII gets so much hate. Matsuno is a genius and all his games are amazing as far as I'm concerned. I really think he did a great job with XII. I wish he hadn't quit SE, I would love for him to make more real FF games or at least a next gen FF Tactics game.

Sadly, Matsuno wasn't around for a good deal of FF12's development. The game went through two other directors before the game finished, which would probably explain things like Vaan being shoved into the protagonist role rather than Basch.

If Matsuno stuck around for the entire thing, I bet FF12 would probably be one of my favorite RPGs hands down. Tactics Ogre is near-perfect example of how to pull off a serious story in a video game and FF12 probably would've been no different.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11