First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-27 15:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
To hate something solely on the reason because other people like it is kind of lol. I see it all the time though, and still to this day makes no sense to me.

I knew this one girl in college, and we began talking on the subject of music. I mentioned a few mainstream bands and I said I enjoyed some of their songs, and she literally looked at me with a face of disgust and said: "Ugh, I can't STAND mainstream music. I hate how so many people are obsessed with how great they are when there are waayyy better bands out there."

So I say back to her, "If I enjoy the song, then I enjoy it. Yes, there may be better bands out there for you, but to hate it on popularity alone is ridiculous."

She didn't understand. And I didn't understand her. Guess that's just how it'll stay.

Eh, its confusing to some people i know.

I don't hate anything popular, I just felt FF7 was at best an average game, It was enjoyable first play-through, it felt like any other decent RPG around the time. I just felt it should have ended as is like 99% of the other FF Games (except X), instead it got a bunch of spin-offs (including some very awful games).

Maybe i hate it because there are other games in the series that should have gotten more attention than FF7, but since FF7 got it, the others haven't and probably wont.

Most FF games end quite nicely, tie it up and you get a happy ending, FF7 is just the game that won't die, and maybe thats why i hate it?

Can't tell me you've never hated something/someone and can't quite remember why or explain to yourself why, can you =.=a?

Either way, I'll explain to you in detail what your friend meant in your quote there!:

By Raignes 2010-10-27 16:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm. One of my favorite topics to discuss. Mainly because of people like Draylo. Nostalgia doesn't throw rose-tinted glasses on me because I *do* still play through old FF games on a regular basis. Anyways, here's my list and why :3 These are all MY OPINION and should be taken as such, I'm not trying to convince anyone here, just giving my reasoning.

1: Final Fantasy VI; I personally think the Esper system is one of the best non-job development systems, and the music is probably my favorite out of the entire series. Character development is top-notch (my opinion) and I really connected with most of the characters, though 6 also contains my most hated FF character ever, Gau. UWAOOO~

2: Final Fantasy IX; Very well done game in general, very polished and still challenging to me even today. Again, characters are relatable, and it was definitely a nice return to roots instead of "emo" main characters (Cloud, Squall).

3: Final Fantasy V; The job system was the base for FFXI, as a few people have said, and it doesn't have the strong character development (At least, not that I can remember, I can't seem to find a GBA cart to play it again.) but the characters are still quite relatable. Music is OK, gameplay is top-notch, overall a damn good game.

Bad ones: (opinion)

1: Final Fantasy VIII; I *hate* the junction system. With a passion. The characters are good (Except Squall), the music is great, but to me, the gameplay just falls flat on its face then shits all over itself.

2: Final Fantasy X; Tidus is a whiny *** for most of the game, the voice acting is god-awful (to me), and Blitzball can eat a giant spiked mace. That said, the battle system was great, I kinda enjoyed the sphere grid, just didn't care for farming lock spheres. Not a bad game IMO, just Tidus and the voice acting in general killed it for me.

3: Final Fantasy XII; Again, not a bad game, I just dislike games that can essentially play themselves. The license system was.... different, the characters were fairly mediocre, but the soundtrack was pretty damn good from what I heard of it. I got bored about 3/4 of the way through and quit, so I never really finished it, so I can't say much about the story as a whole.

:)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-10-27 16:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

but i liked blitzball :(
By Raignes 2010-10-27 16:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To each their own, just my opinion anyways. I just didn't like having to manage the team and stuff. And having to do it to get Wakka's best weapon or whatever the big reward was... MEH.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-27 16:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Blitzball was fun until you had to spam it for Wakka's celestial weapon
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-10-27 16:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Chrono Cross is my favorite final fantasy game.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-27 22:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
To hate something solely on the reason because other people like it is kind of lol. I see it all the time though, and still to this day makes no sense to me.

I knew this one girl in college, and we began talking on the subject of music. I mentioned a few mainstream bands and I said I enjoyed some of their songs, and she literally looked at me with a face of disgust and said: "Ugh, I can't STAND mainstream music. I hate how so many people are obsessed with how great they are when there are waayyy better bands out there."

So I say back to her, "If I enjoy the song, then I enjoy it. Yes, there may be better bands out there for you, but to hate it on popularity alone is ridiculous."

She didn't understand. And I didn't understand her. Guess that's just how it'll stay.

i'm with her

it's not the fact that you listen to something you like

it's what liking it says about you
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-27 22:48:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
you think 8 was worse than 13!?
Haven't really played much of 13, but 13 initially seems like a mix of 10 and 12, both of which weren't as bad as 8 or 2.

13 was pretty good, just confusing battle system made it hard to get into
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-10-27 23:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

i'm with her

Listening to a band that NO ONE HAS HEARD OF somehow makes you a better person than me if I listen to, say, Linkin Park? (or however the hell their name is spelled)

I guess.

Anyway. X, X-2 (shut it. The battle system was ace.), and XII actually have replay value to me. I liked FF7, but it's difficult to replay now since I know how everything works.

Worst for me: VIII
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-27 23:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

i'm with her

Listening to a band that NO ONE HAS HEARD OF somehow makes you a better person than me if I listen to, say, Linkin Park? (or however the hell their name is spelled)

I guess.

Anyway. X, X-2 (shut it. The battle system was ace.), and XII actually have replay value to me. I liked FF7, but it's difficult to replay now since I know how everything works.

Worst for me: VIII

if you like mass marketed pablum

created by executives and focus groups

and listen to it over

heartfelt spontaneous creations

it's safe to say that it would
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-10-27 23:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me of when a song comes on the radio, and one friend will says:

Friend 1: "Hey this song is cool, who sings it?"
Friend 2: "Lady Gaga"
Friend 1: "Oh nevermind then."

Simply not listening to a song because of the artist being this so-called mainstream is just downright silly. People try to be original in the most non-original ways, such as listening to random artists no one has heard of, making them no better than mainstream listeners.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-27 23:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Simply not listening to a song because of the artist being this so-called mainstream is just downright silly. People try to be original in the most non-original ways, such as listening to random artists no one has heard of, making them no better than mainstream listeners.

this
 Bismarck.Danara
Server: Bismarck
user: Shinzoku
By Bismarck.Danara 2010-10-27 23:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Worst: VII
Best: VI (american 3), IV (american 2) and IX
not counting XI in this :D
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-27 23:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:

this only works

if you would like the music

if it was disassociated from the artist

if i can tell the music is absolutely horrible

without knowing who sings it

there might be a motivation there that's not "ooo look at me i'm different"

and amazingly enough

i can
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-27 23:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danara said:
Worst: VII
Best: VI (american 3), IV (american 2) and IX
not counting XI in this :D

VII isn't the best and is incredibly over hyped, but it's far from the worst lol.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-27 23:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

6 is a ***game, stop listing it. If you think 7 is ***, you need to be slapped.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-27 23:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
6 is a ***game, stop listing it. If you think 7 is ***, you need to be slapped.

Lol no. If you honestly think 6 is ***, you didn't play the game properly.
[+]
By Raignes 2010-10-28 00:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

6 is a ***game in your opinion, Draylo. That doesn't make it a poor game. Just like I said I think 8 was overall a decent game, but the junction system *** it all up. Stop trying to impose your opinions on other people.

Wait, this is Draylo. LOLOL nvm, I'll just leave, ***won't change.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-28 01:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

about in order
FFVII and FFX(+X-2, since i consider it part of it, sorta. wasn't great, but wasn't bad)
FFVIII (almost hard to put 2nd really)

1-6 (never finished any of them, unfortunately)

IX - 9 is a thorn in my side, mostly because I want to enjoy it but some aspects of it ruin the game, not being able to max your stats out ever, or the *** jump rope mini-game.

XII and XIII (didn't really get into either)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-28 01:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Raignes said:
6 is a ***game in your opinion, Draylo. That doesn't make it a poor game. Just like I said I think 8 was overall a decent game, but the junction system *** it all up. Stop trying to impose your opinions on other people.

lol the junction system is awesome, now the randomness of the stats+ draw part of it, is kind of whack.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-28 01:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Raignes said:

These are facts kid.
 Asura.Raignes
Server: Asura
user: Raignes
By Asura.Raignes 2010-10-28 02:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*insert tired meme about obvious troll being obvious*

Ignoring Draylo now, as four-word responses are entirely uninteresting and bland.

Too bad this was main series only. FFT and FFTA2 are two of my favorite entries in the FF universe. Games that have the job system are pretty much instant win for me, and the strategy angle they put on the series was really nice. Would love for another proper FFT game to come out for the Wii sometime, but I highly doubt that'll happen.
 Alexander.Elkhorn
Server: Alexander
user: Elkhorn
By Alexander.Elkhorn 2010-10-28 02:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Best 1 4 7 11
worst 6 8 and by far x2

i cant really say XIV is either because the game is still young i remember when XI had no content and endgame either >.>

but ya whoever thinks 7 sucks needs to be gaged and thrown into an all male gay prison oiled and stripped...

ff7 is SEs flagship game since its conception >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-28 02:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Elkhorn said:
Best 1 4 7 11
worst 6 8 and by far x2

i cant really say XIV is either because the game is still young i remember when XI had no content and endgame either >.>

but ya whoever thinks 7 sucks needs to be gaged and thrown into an all male gay prison oiled and stripped...

>hasn't listed 5, 9 or 10 at all
>Lists 4 and 7 as the best
>Thinks that everyone should automatically love 7 because it's the most loved

Can't let you do that starfox.
[+]
 Bismarck.Klimzar
Server: Bismarck
user: Klimzar
By Bismarck.Klimzar 2010-10-28 02:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

top favorites

worst
7,X-2

i'd play again out of boredom

don't have 13, and not going to lolXIV
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-28 02:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
Best 1 4 7 11
worst 6 8 and by far x2

Your avatar just made me come.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-28 02:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Alexander.Elkhorn said:
Best 1 4 7 11
worst 6 8 and by far x2

Your avatar just made me come.

me too
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-10-28 02:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Elkhorn said:
Best 1 4 7 11
worst 6 8 and by far x2

there are so many things wrong with this statement

6 and 8 are awesome games, x-2 is decent, 4 wasn't that great (11 isn't the main series, sorta, and 1 is nostalgic but not really THAT great, although it did save Square's behind)

gagged, get a browser with spell check, or use it

FF7 was created way before the Square Enix merger, and isn't their main concern, so I believe you may smoke crack.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-10-28 04:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Raignes said:
6 is a ***game in your opinion, Draylo. That doesn't make it a poor game. Just like I said I think 8 was overall a decent game, but the junction system *** it all up. Stop trying to impose your opinions on other people. Wait, this is Draylo. LOLOL nvm, I'll just leave, ***won't change.

+1

Stfu Draylol you don't have a *** clue.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-28 07:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Player 1: "I'm sayin truth, everythin else is ***!"
Player 2: "I'm sayin whats really truth, whats said player 1 is ***"
Player 3: "Both of you sayin ***, the only truth is within me !"
and go on
and go on