First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Leviathan.Zephriel
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Zephriel
By Leviathan.Zephriel 2010-10-26 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I dunno, I found FF:T was good but not the messiah everyone claims it is. It is unbalanced in terms of difficulty and the gulf between classes is ridiculous (Ninja is REALLY overpowered compared to most other jobs early on for instance) to the point where it simply becomes a matter of getting the right jobs or else.

Storyline was amazing for the first half, and didn't like it much for the latter half. Script in the PSP version is amazing though.

I agree it was very difficult (and then I played Wild Arms XF and stopped my bitchin') but that's what made me love it so much. I grew up playing a bunch of old-school strategy PC games so FF:T was right up my alley. There was a severe job imbalance as you said, but I did appreciate just the sheer diversity of jobs. Certain job combinations were ridiculously overpowered, such as BLM/SAM Agrias, and a certain named character you can recruit near the end of game makes me very angry because he pretty much eliminates the need for the other characters and their unique skills (lolz sorry Meliadoul).

Still definitely one of SE's shining gems.
 Sylph.Cerilono
Server: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2010-10-26 14:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno why you guys think so, but I love 8.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-10-26 14:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cerilono said:
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-26 14:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cerilono said:

Slow story, awful graphics engine (especially compared to 7 before it), and how annoying it was to jam the goddamn Square button during all my summons. I will say it was pretty imaginative, and had some very cool sequences where the pre-rendered background charged forward into a FMV.
 Siren.Eagleeyes
Server: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2010-10-26 14:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My face with only 2 people mentioning FF2 being the worst in the series.

Seriously people have you not played that game?
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-26 14:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eagleeyes said:

My face with only 2 people mentioning FF2 being the worst in the series.

Seriously people have you not played that game?
Mindu = best white mage ever.
You can't deny that.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-26 14:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

6 is the best by far

out of the ones i've played, i'd call 13 the worst

i've heard bad things about 14

but i haven't played it so i'm not qualified to make that judgment

[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-10-26 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Sylph.Cerilono said:

Slow story, awful graphics engine (especially compared to 7 before it), and how annoying it was to jam the goddamn Square button during all my summons. I will say it was pretty imaginative, and had some very cool sequences where the pre-rendered background charged forward into a FMV.

A) Story I guess if that's your opinion, I enjoyed it.
B) Um... FF7 graphics are def. worse than FF8. All the characters look like midgets made out of legos.
C) I guess boosting can be annoying but 9/10 times summons really aren't worth it and you can do more damage by just attacking regularly.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-10-26 14:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that I really didn't like about FF8 was how enemies leveled with you, making training your people almost pointless and/or counterproductive. The junctioning system was interesting, but had a fairly shallow learning curve.
By Ojisama 2010-10-26 14:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Story:
Best-FFVII
2nd Place- FFVIII
3rd Place- FFX
4th Place- FFVI

Graphics (taking in consideration of the time they were released vs current graphics of the time):
Best-FFX
2nd Place- FFVI
3rd Place- FFV
4th Place- FFXII

Battle System:
Best-FFV
2nd Place- FFXI
3rd Place- FFX
4th Place- FFI

All of this is my opinion, but that is basically what this thread is anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-26 14:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said:
The only thing that I really didn't like about FF8 was how enemies leveled with you, making training your people almost pointless and/or counterproductive. The junctioning system was interesting, but had a fairly shallow learning curve.

Weren't bosses a set level?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-26 14:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
6 is the best by far

Must be some serious nostalgia cause I've played 6 and I can't *** stand it. I really hate 2d games... only way I got through how bland ff4 was, was in the remake for DS.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-10-26 14:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

6,8,9,11 rock

7,10 are meh

12,13 suck
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-26 14:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
6 is the best by far

Must be some serious nostalgia cause I've played 6 and I can't *** stand it. I really hate 2d games... only way I got through how bland ff4 was, was in the remake for DS.

if you're all about graphics

i hear this game FFXIV delivers

it's not nostalgia

i played through it for approximately the billionth time last week

still as awesome as ever
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-10-26 15:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just the graphics it sucks in comparison to a lot of other ff's, which is nostalgia if you are saying its better than 7,8,9 etc. What makes 6 the best FF? lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-10-26 15:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Siren.Kyte said:

Weren't bosses a set level?

Some were, but not all. Also, FFVIII lvling was so broken, it's not even funny. Quistis can learn the Degenerator limit break (Instant death to one enemy) in like disc 1.

Put Quistis in yellow.
Find tough enemies.
Keep cycling through turns til she gets her limit break.
Repeat til all mobs are dead.
1-10 levels for everyone.
Repeat til everyone is lvl 100.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-26 15:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Zephriel said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I dunno, I found FF:T was good but not the messiah everyone claims it is. It is unbalanced in terms of difficulty and the gulf between classes is ridiculous (Ninja is REALLY overpowered compared to most other jobs early on for instance) to the point where it simply becomes a matter of getting the right jobs or else. Storyline was amazing for the first half, and didn't like it much for the latter half. Script in the PSP version is amazing though.
I agree it was very difficult (and then I played Wild Arms XF and stopped my bitchin') but that's what made me love it so much. I grew up playing a bunch of old-school strategy PC games so FF:T was right up my alley. There was a severe job imbalance as you said, but I did appreciate just the sheer diversity of jobs. Certain job combinations were ridiculously overpowered, such as BLM/SAM Agrias, and a certain named character you can recruit near the end of game makes me very angry because he pretty much eliminates the need for the other characters and their unique skills (lolz sorry Meliadoul). Still definitely one of SE's shining gems.

Ninja is the best job in every final fantasy.

ninja in ff 1 was sweet sauce.

Ninja in ff3 was pretty much a guaranteed win against the final boss, 2 ninjas, a sage, and bard and easy win. spam shurikens for the 9999 per hit dmg.

Edge the ninja prince in ff4. Total win, if you didn't full time him in party your a retard.

Ninja in FF:T totally sweet sauce and naturally better DD.

Ninja in FF11. Duh, total win.

Using Katanas and gearing for ninja in FF12 is the best position for Balthier imo. Darkness dmg katanas ftw.

Ninja pwns
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-26 15:05:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Edge the ninja prince in ff4. Total win, if you didn't full time him in party your a retard.

Did you really have a choice? <_<
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-26 15:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Leviathan.Zephriel said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I dunno, I found FF:T was good but not the messiah everyone claims it is. It is unbalanced in terms of difficulty and the gulf between classes is ridiculous (Ninja is REALLY overpowered compared to most other jobs early on for instance) to the point where it simply becomes a matter of getting the right jobs or else. Storyline was amazing for the first half, and didn't like it much for the latter half. Script in the PSP version is amazing though.
I agree it was very difficult (and then I played Wild Arms XF and stopped my bitchin') but that's what made me love it so much. I grew up playing a bunch of old-school strategy PC games so FF:T was right up my alley. There was a severe job imbalance as you said, but I did appreciate just the sheer diversity of jobs. Certain job combinations were ridiculously overpowered, such as BLM/SAM Agrias, and a certain named character you can recruit near the end of game makes me very angry because he pretty much eliminates the need for the other characters and their unique skills (lolz sorry Meliadoul). Still definitely one of SE's shining gems.
Ninja is the best game in every final fantasy.

ninja in ff 1 was sweet sauce.

Ninja in ff3 was pretty much a guaranteed win against the final boss, 2 ninjas, a sage, and bard and easy win. spam shurikens for the 9999 per hit dmg.

Ninja in FF:T totally sweet sauce and naturally better DD.

Ninja in FF11. Duh, total win.

Using Katanas and gearing for ninja in FF12 is the best position for Balthier imo. Darkness dmg katanas ftw.

Ninja pwns
While I agree with you on most of those (Knight > Ninja in FF1 IMO, and don't get me started on NIN in 11...), I must poke a hole in your argument.

FFTA and FFTA2.

That is all.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-26 15:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Not just the graphics it sucks in comparison to a lot of other ff's, which is nostalgia if you are saying its better than 7,8,9 etc. What makes 6 the best FF? lol

hey remember the thread you made on bg about this thread

lolling about how many AHers you trolled?

this is a highly similar situation

not into feeding troll posts thanks

(unless it's an anti-bot troll post, because its fun to lol@moralfags, plus, even if they're trying to troll, they always end up raging first)

Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-26 15:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

In the DS remake I believe so. But why would you? His ninjutsu command is pretty helpful because its AOE and in instances where you fight a monster that takes more dmg from spells, you have a DD that can elementally attack in that said situation. Plus Edge *** looks cool.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-26 15:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Leviathan.Zephriel said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ninja is the best game in every final fantasy. ninja in ff 1 was sweet sauce. Ninja in ff3 was pretty much a guaranteed win against the final boss, 2 ninjas, a sage, and bard and easy win. spam shurikens for the 9999 per hit dmg. Edge the ninja prince in ff4. Total win, if you didn't full time him in party your a retard. Ninja in FF:T totally sweet sauce and naturally better DD. Ninja in FF11. Duh, total win. Using Katanas and gearing for ninja in FF12 is the best position for Balthier imo. Darkness dmg katanas ftw. Ninja pwns
While I agree with you on most of those (Knight > Ninja in FF1 IMO, and don't get me started on NIN in 11...), I must poke a hole in your argument. FFTA and FFTA2. That is all.

I like FFTA2 better then FFTA and I feel the jobs are alot more balanced and the story is better. I have my main character ninja/seer in FFTA2 and let me tell you something about that lol

Dual weild 2 of the strongest katanas.
Sub ability High Magick from seer

Now go solo ***because magick frenzy AOE Blizzaga and watch what your character does next. On seers magick frenzy blows, but with a ninja main you AOE blizzaga for decent dmg and then MELEE all the targets, and yes, you DOUBLE ATTACK THEM, EACH OF THEM. I wipe out 3-5 enemys this way if I can group them well.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-10-26 15:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm biased towards 7 since it was my first /blush

I really enjoy 8, although it took some time/tries to get into it, 9, 10...

6 I think is a great example of why story is so much f'n > than anything else. I remember getting upset when Kefka went on an Esper killing spree >.<

The earlier ones I haven't played through all the way, so I can't say, or maybe that speaks for itself?

X-2's music was a huge turn off, alright story, was driven to complete it to know what happened between Yuna and Tidus <.<

Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-26 15:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Leviathan.Zephriel said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Ninja is the best game in every final fantasy. ninja in ff 1 was sweet sauce. Ninja in ff3 was pretty much a guaranteed win against the final boss, 2 ninjas, a sage, and bard and easy win. spam shurikens for the 9999 per hit dmg. Edge the ninja prince in ff4. Total win, if you didn't full time him in party your a retard. Ninja in FF:T totally sweet sauce and naturally better DD. Ninja in FF11. Duh, total win. Using Katanas and gearing for ninja in FF12 is the best position for Balthier imo. Darkness dmg katanas ftw. Ninja pwns
While I agree with you on most of those (Knight > Ninja in FF1 IMO, and don't get me started on NIN in 11...), I must poke a hole in your argument. FFTA and FFTA2. That is all.
I like FFTA2 better then FFTA and I feel the jobs are alot more balanced and the story is better. I have my main character ninja/seer in FFTA2 and let me tell you something about that lol

Dual weild 2 of the strongest katanas.
Sub ability High Magick from seer

Now go solo ***because magick frenzy AOE Blizzaga and watch what your character does next. On seers magick frenzy blows, but with a ninja main you AOE blizzaga for decent dmg and then MELEE all the targets, and yes, you DOUBLE ATTACK THEM, EACH OF THEM. I wipe out 3-5 enemys this way if I can group them well.
True, but BLU > NIN once you learn dual-wield. Sabers kick ***. Plus you can magic frenzy quake which is fairly potent spell, and gives you an earth nuke.

Basically as soon as I learn dual-wield, I drop ninja like a bad habit.
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-26 15:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I have a blue mage will all spells (thanks action replay dsi ;) ) and I havent tried that yet, will have to later today maybe.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-10-26 15:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Lol I have a blue mage will all spells (thanks action replay dsi ;) ) and I havent tried that yet, will have to later today maybe.
Don't forget to Dragon Force yourself! :P
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-10-26 15:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Final fantasy 1 : My first and all time favorite. Played this when I was only 6 years old. Have probably replayed is at least 20+ times.

Final Fantasy 2 : Really interesting way of leveling, no exp, only skills, kinda like 14. Story was better then 1.

Final Fantasy 3 : Loved the DS remake and stands as an all time favorite in my heart. Job classes, great story, decent dungeons, ultimate weapons for each job. This set the bar for furture FF's.

Final Fantasy 4 : Edge, Edge, Edge. Cecil is cool but I like him more as a dark knight lol. Story is fantastic and its a pretty long game and a lot of content.

Final Fantasy 5 : JOBS! ***TONS OF JOBS! Most people don't even mention this game and very few have even played it. Aside from jobs and that the old man dies and the little grandaughter replaces him and the plot twist etc, there isnt much more here. Jobs are nice tho and the remake has new jobs that you unlock later that COMPLETELY OVER POWER ALL OTHER JOBS. Also Corsair should more like Cannoneer imo lol.

Final Fantasy 6 : Every fanboy loves this game as much as they love 7. I have found the reason why. They are very very similar ;) Post apocalpytic steam punk settings with unlikely heros. Very good game and Kefka is awesome sauce.

Final Fantasy 7 : This, unlike most of you dweebs, was not my first final fantasy because I didn't wait for OMFG 3D GRAPHIX before trying a RPG, let alone a FF title. This however stands as a favorite in my heart but not because of cloud, or sephiroth or the crazy *** story that BARELY MAKES SENSE. But because of the experimented on ex turk Vincent Valentine. Whom still today is an inspiration as a character to me, and I named my son Vincent after the character.

Final Fantasy 8 : I cant even remember why I started to play it other then the epeen of beating it and adding it to my list of completed FFs. I got this when it came out ya I liked it, ya the graphics were a big step up from 7, the magic and junction system are cool. But honestly, my favorite parts were hunting down rare GFs and flying around in ragnarok. I mean *** YOU GET A *** SPACE SHIP. Ragnarok was the best part of that game lol.

Final Fantasy 9 : Still makes my shorts tight. Graphics were a big step up from 8, story was AWESOME. No doubt there. The main character was not a whiny emo *** and actually reminded me of Locke from 6. Garnet was hot, would do her asap. Freya and Steiner actually weren't that annoying, you were back to having 4 characters in pt, and summons were more um.... summoned. lol great game.

Final Fantasy 10 : IF THIS IS THE FIRST FINAL FANTASY YOU GUYS PLAYED? Then thats why you love it the most. But if you started at 1-9 first in that order, then you would see the obvious flaws in X. First off, Story was sketchy and was presented badly imo. When it was all finally explained, ya you were like OH OKAY I GET IT. But why whiny tidus? Thought we broke the cycle with 9. 7,8,10 whiny leads. WHY? Don't worry, the trend continued with 12, and 13 has a whiny little boy too. I want to play RPGs because of the ROLE PLAY. Why do I want to cry and play blitzball 24/7? Anyways I really liked the battle system, made it feel more, strategic and planned. Lulu was *** hot, Yuna was cute, Auron was *** bad ***. Wakka was Zell reincarnate.

Final Fantasy 11 : Game sucks except for ninja job. ;)

Final Fantasy 12 : Balthier is awesome, Fran is smoking hot and her voice makes my shorts tight. Graphics are really awesome for PS2 limitations. Story is so-so in my opinion but the leveling system and hunts are really fun and make the game a really big endevour. Boss fights in this game are some of the most challenging ive ever faced and I love it.

Final Fantasy 13 : I wont *** lie, I own this. Im near the end, havent beat it yet. All I can say good about this game is battle system is revolutionary but doesn't make or break the game. The main draw on this is pretty. Really *** pretty game. Also Fang can have my babies.

Final Fantasy 14 : I'll just leave this blank.

Final Fantasy Tactics : ninja ninja ninja ;) and samurai. Unbalanced jobs but very neat presentation and idea. I'm a huge chess nerd and for me this was FF+chess. I played the ***out of this game, I have the original game still (I collect ps gen rpgs like stamps lol) and have it on rom with an emulator. fantastic game.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance : Meh, tactics for handheld, diff races, some jobs, an ALRIGHT story. Nothing notable, the sequel was better.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 : Better story, more jobs, better race traits and sprites, better quests, more armor, and neat bazaar system, takes place in FF12 several years in the past or future of when ff12 takes place I forget. Fun fun fun.

Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-10-26 15:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I honestly haven't played too many in the main series (the numbered ones, I'd assume). I've beaten X and XII, I've played VII, VIII, XIII, and XIV, and am still playing XI.

My favourite is the original Final Fantasy Tactics. Though if I had to go with the main series, it'd be XI.

My least favourite? Well, believe it or not, I was actually able to finish X-2 without wanting to eat my own face off, which is more than i could say for XIII.

Tactics or XI are my favourite.
XIII is my least favourite.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11