If FFXIV Fails... What Does That Mean For FFXI?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » If FFXIV fails... what does that mean for FFXI?
If FFXIV fails... what does that mean for FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-06-18 12:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to chime in on Lakshmi, the server tilts heavily towards JP characters so if that >1k screencap is not an outlier then I can only imagine how bad our NA population is faring.

For the record I know some servers have very different situations going on regarding their NA/JP splits and how busy things get during NA prime but with the gear tiers and progression towards old-school "you shall not pass" content, things will get only more difficult from here on out.

Colonization is pretty much dead along with Wildskeeper Reives so if you didn't do those yet, you're prolly boned till the next installment of Naakuals.
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2013-06-18 12:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It really sounds like luvbunny is trying to convince himself FF14 will be good...
By Kimble2013 2013-06-18 12:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Moonwalkerv said: »
It really sounds like luvbunny is trying to convince himself FF14 will be good...
Are you in the beta?
 Lakshmi.Cledant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Latifah
By Lakshmi.Cledant 2013-06-18 12:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Luvbunny1 said: »
Lakshmi.Cledant said: »
Ffxi servers are designed to hold 5k players, now it barely reaches 1k subs/most of the servers, it would be very inaccurate to guess a number of current players that un-subscribed, but the % is a lot.

@ lakshmi JP prime time
- afk/bazzars/mules would be around 400 only active players online

Hmmm... so A LOT more people quit? I mean usually you get like 2k or so at peak, if this is the case than almost half the numbers are taking a break or quitting. I was being conservative with the numbers lol - didn't think it would be bigger - though half of my LS pretty much quit at this point or no longer play. And 75% of my friend list are inactive. That is not good. No wonder they are doing tons of "celebration events" almost every month. They should focus on fixing SoA and do it fast to stop the bleeding. When FF14 launches - it will have a major impact on FF11, the good word of mouth is so overwhelming at this point. Almost every review on beta impression are very good based on what I read and google. My experience has been overwhelmingly positive as well.
I started researching on all servers frequently, since lakshhmi is completely dead, a lot of players are aware about low populated and how stale ffxi is atm @ official ffxi forums

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Moonwalkerv 2013-06-18 12:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
Are you in the beta?

Sure
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-06-18 12:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
So if your enjoying it so much why is FFXI even in your vocbulary? why just talk about ALL the good things the beta has to offer thus far and leave out all the things FFXI does not ?

FFXI is good right up to the before SoA. If you stop there, all the contents before are good but SoA pretty much ruin those. But who knows, after a few massive updates, SoA probably will get better. It does its job as Abyssea killer lol - way too well - it also kills everything else with it.

Just look at all those "celebration events" - they should at least announce things that are SoA related - and not older contents only. If they want to move people to SoA faster, at least they should encourage more people and give them double something, free starter gears, etc... Get the newly converted addicted by giving a small taste of the drugs and throw them to the plasm farm grind wheel ASAP so they get hooked (or not). I mean after all there is nothing else to be done now, delve + plasm farm, that is all.
I'd imagine they're going the route they normally do with expansions. Which is releasing content slowly over the course of years. I can agree with the pace of the content release though. It does leave a lot to be desired. But it's because of this I hold my judgement on SoA. The potential is still there and a lot of the map has space to it for more.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-18 12:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems to be shaping up to be a pretty good game (was a good game before servers shut down after all the major fixes). But the way people are *** going on about the beta, you would think it was nothing but wall-to-wall ***.
[+]
By Kimble2013 2013-06-18 12:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

From the little bit of the beta ive played, its a lot better than when it first came out.

The UI is a hell of a lot better. Questing is pretty fun and the game as a whole feels a lot more accessible.

It has a nice FFXI feel to it, but with more modern MMO play which to me makes it feel a lot better.

Plus the game looks really damn good.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hulkamania
By Cerberus.Hulkamania 2013-06-18 12:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Kimble2013 said: »
From the little bit of the beta ive played, its a lot better than when it first came out.

The UI is a hell of a lot better. Questing is pretty fun and the game as a whole feels a lot more accessible.

It has a nice FFXI feel to it, but with more modern MMO play which to me makes it feel a lot better.

Plus the game looks really damn good.

I agree the original version was horrible i never got the wow factor and i don't mean world of warcraft, i mean you want to play more you want to explore more the game is interesting and full of color and many of the creatures we know from ffxi and new ones.

i do not see ffxi going away it will continue for those who want to keep playing it just now there will be two flavors of a very good game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-18 12:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No convincing needed. It is good . I think your trying to convince yourself that it's not good. That logic however makes no sense. Then again...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-06-18 12:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they make money from XI it will be here
By Kimble2013 2013-06-18 12:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI won't go away till it stops making money for them.

Really just seems its more on life support than anything.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2013-06-18 12:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Regardless. For those that enjoy it, still the game lives on. Maybe server mergers will happen. It don't matter. If you don't like it stop saying so. Kind of getting old. No offense but seriously you proved your point you hate the game we all get it. Not gonna sway anyone else your way. But hey, i get you want to enjoy the game again, and i hope one day you will.

I did enjoy FFXI, up to SoA - waiting for fixes but it won't be solved in one or two updates. They have not enough man power and focusing on different priorities. So I am taking a break, until more substantial updates being done, which it will happen in the future, just not gonna happen that fast and it will take some time. For all of you who still there - good for you, enjoy it - there seems to be tons of celebratory months coming. But for everyone else who have enough - take a break, enjoy the summer, play your other games that are gathering dusts, get 3DS (tons of amazing old school game and new school for this console), or get your FF fix via FF14 (at least try and see for yourself if this one is reborn or stillborn lol).

lol that so wasn't directed at you xD
By macsdf1 2013-06-18 13:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There's plenty of free to play games with graphics as good as ff14. Boils down to will there be stuff to do once you cap out in a week or two.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hulkamania
By Cerberus.Hulkamania 2013-06-18 13:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
There's plenty of free to play games with graphics as good as ff14. Boils down to will there be stuff to do once you cap out in a week or two.

Name one ?

swtor is not truly free you have to pay for most options

sto same thing

LOTR same thing

Rift same thing

AoC same thing

pretty much need to spend money to open content why not sub and keep the cash.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 13:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »

Indeed - the end game is what dictate if it will survive for long or not. Though judging from what Yoshi already hinted - there will be challenges that will make grown men and women weep in tears of joy or anger and frustration lol. Plus a lot of the fearsome foes are making appearance, from all the prime avatars (Shiva is coming and looking better than ever), Omega and Ultima weapon (last seen being lifted in airship during CS), Odin, Bahamut, Crystal Tower, etc... I think the hardcore will have the works cut out for them. Not to mention future updates will bring Ninja, Thief and Red Mage. You cannot ask for a better director at the helm of FF14. This is one game that will put FFXI out of their misery for good, until Matsui retaliates and unleash Abyssea Golden Edition Version 2.0 :)
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-06-18 13:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

those are all ancient games, just google for free mmo 2013 or something, tons of pretty looking games. But nice graphics doesn't mean the game is good. 14 looked great when it came out too lol, but anyone in alpha or beta like I was knew to stay the hell away.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-18 13:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

future updates will bring Ninja, Thief and Red Mage
Where was this said? I would be interested in reading about it.
 Bismarck.Aselin
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-06-18 13:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
future updates will bring Ninja, Thief and Red Mage
Where was this said? I would be interested in reading about it.
I believe it was mentioned in one of the E3 live chats by Square-Enix.

The director mentioned that a lot of fans and those on the beta forums have been asking whether there will be new jobs coming after Scholar and Summoner have been added. It wasn't much of a confirmation though and more like a "we will think about it" first. They still have a lot of things to finish first like updating the game's engine to DirectX 11 from DirectX 9 and finish the Playstation 4 port some time in 2014. That and prepare for the eventual launch of ARR at the end of August.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-18 13:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I know they said Ninja and Samurai, although I don't recall where sadly. Redmage seems new though although plausible, the game is a tad lacking in the mage department.
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2013-06-18 13:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has 2.5k top NA prime time which takes a massive dip to 1500 ish every other time
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-06-18 13:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
It seems to be shaping up to be a pretty good game (was a good game before servers shut down after all the major fixes). But the way people are *** going on about the beta, you would think it was nothing but wall-to-wall ***.

It's the Windows 7 effect.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

More interviews:

Talks about Summoner - and how much it looks like Warlock class from WoW :) Awesome Magitek battle, and Chocobo battle just like FF12, more actions less crap - no pokemon battle. Housing is mentioned. Expect familiar races and a lot of things coming to FF14, basically every little easter eggs and fan service you could dream of will be added from the FF universe. Also mentioned everyone will get the same thing and no Japan Only button. Loving this guy every time I am reading interviews about him.
http://gamerescape.com/2013/06/17/e3-2013-interview-with-naoki-yoshida/

Thief and Ninja plus Muskeeters, a new race (Vierra anyone?) + level cap raised for new expansion, Red Mage and Blue Mage is considered (whatever the player wants, Yoshi wants them too). Also PvP, Coliseum, Bahamut’s Labyrinth and the Crystal Tower. Doomtrain may be possible for future content.

http://gamerescape.com/2013/02/21/gamer-escape-talks-to-naoki-yoshida-on-the-ffxiv-media-tour/#more-23207
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-18 13:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard something about drk if the battle team can make it work in time for the new expansion. Also The one thing I dislike about adding new races is if its one i really want but already have my main character. I wouldn't mind it as much if they would allow us to change our race (even if its a $5 fee that we can only do once every 90 days). Though adding new races is something I love.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-18 14:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding races is cruel if you're not allowed to get a race change while retaining your character progression.
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 14:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding races is cruel if you're not allowed to get a race change while retaining your character progression.

SE LOVES Money!! and FF14 is taking its cues from WoW so expect a lot of fan service and mounts plus cosmetic items for a fee!! Heck if it brings them money and we ASK for them, it will happen. Remember, FF14 goal is to please the players, what we want, Yoshi wants too, he will make it, and sell it to us :P
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2013-06-18 14:02:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree. Though I love the idea. I'm sure if enough players ask they will add the ability to change race and keep progression.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-06-18 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is one game that will put FFXI out of their misery for good, until Matsui retaliates and unleash Abyssea Golden Edition Version 2.0 :)
You like easy games. FF14 has always been(and will likely continue to be) an easy game. That's great. It doesn't speak for everyone who plays FFXI, though.

Some of us thought abyssea was *too* easy. Some of us enjoyed 18-man coordinated fights. Some of us liked FFXI the way it was. Adoulin is trying to bring that back.. if you're done with FFXI then just let it go. Abyssea isn't returning. FFXI isn't a casual MMO, it never has been. It's the type of game that's most enjoyed by the people who were ok with taking the time to beat NES RPGs. The people who wrote maps and notes in cheap notebooks just to beat the original games without guides. The people who want a challenge, not directions where to go so they can feel some sort of accomplishment at following an NPC's orders for an hour.

FFXI doesn't need to die for you to enjoy FF14. You're just so egotistical that you think if it holds nothing for you it holds nothing for anyone.
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-06-18 14:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the point in just cloning ffxi. Bascially making the same game but with fancy graphics and less content.
I guess casuals got nothing to lose by playing 14 over 11, but why would people with established chars want to quit 11 and move to 14?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 17 18 19