First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-22 11:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
talking about parties, and duo with thf or nin with a whm, warrior can pretty much overkill turul quickly specially ukon war, war does not have hate problems like nin or thf, can't compare, nin and thf are moskito jobs like dnc

When Turul can be duoed using normal DD and whm atmas, why on earth would a party need to use those atmas you were mentioning??? Atma of Allure for hateless damage - really? I mean - REALLY???

Quote:
tankers should include atma of the war lion for tanking, have whm to put barthundra on you all the time to have thunder resistances 200+, twilight torque and replacing rajas for 1 dark ring helps.

That's what a -MDT macro is for.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-22 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

at this point...I think a blu could fill the whms spot. And 2 blus could kill it pretty easily. When I killed this thing (last yr) we just camped at the martello next to the leeches and kite nuked it. At 95, turul rly should not be an issue, even for new players.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-10-22 12:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly blu 95 i have almost no doubt it can solo it, between stuns and not needing to melee for dmg when spikes are up.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-22 12:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt remember if it was stunnable. If you can stun it then yeah, you can solo it.
 Bahamut.Alpaka
Server: Bahamut
user: MGreer
By Bahamut.Alpaka 2011-10-22 13:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've 2boxed this at 85, 90 and 95 numerous times with mnk whm, just switch to mdt set for spells and stun thunder 4 above 50% and thunder 5 below 50% and the fight is cake, I did get unlucky very few times and died to feral peck but then I just whm tanked until I ran back mnk.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-22 13:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Stun Thunder4/5, nothing else to it.
[+]
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-10-22 14:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't use a Rancor Collar or Minerva's Ring.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-10-22 14:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i can help a lil, i used to do turul like 5 times daily, but on bst. i seen so many people doing turul wrong, just make sure all dds don't stand on his front (tanker's side) they all will eat Bloody Beak, storm wing, Feral Peck and magic aoe like thundagas,aerogas. all dds should use allure atma on their set for hateless dmg (very important), they need to stand on his tail (dds), while the tanker tanks him on the front, it's nice to have whm with /blm (for thunder5 stun and conserve mp)or sch sub , this nm requires loads of cure5/6 spam ,convert+refresh doesn't cut it if your whm is /rdm sub, tankers should include atma of the war lion for tanking, have whm to put barthundra on you all the time to have thunder resistances 200+, twilight torque and replacing rajas for 1 dark ring helps.

usually ninjas and thiefs tanker don't have success most of the time with this nm, i have no idea why, maybe because of the hp or bad equipment/selection of atma, not trying to be mean but being taru for this nm is very difficult because the very low hp

This is the worst advice I've ever read regarding Turul.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-10-22 15:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man how did I miss the WHM/BLM > WHM/RDM in the spamming cures department gem.

You don't really need to do anything in this fight besides turn around for a second or two after feral peck. Most of my fights are just knocking it over as fast as I can. Done countless fights and never had a stunner.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-10-22 15:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i can help a lil, i used to do turul like 5 times daily, but on bst. i seen so many people doing turul wrong, just make sure all dds don't stand on his front (tanker's side) they all will eat Bloody Beak, storm wing, Feral Peck and magic aoe like thundagas,aerogas. all dds should use allure atma on their set for hateless dmg (very important), they need to stand on his tail (dds), while the tanker tanks him on the front, it's nice to have whm with /blm (for thunder5 stun and conserve mp)or sch sub , this nm requires loads of cure5/6 spam ,convert+refresh doesn't cut it if your whm is /rdm sub, tankers should include atma of the war lion for tanking, have whm to put barthundra on you all the time to have thunder resistances 200+, twilight torque and replacing rajas for 1 dark ring helps.

usually ninjas and thiefs tanker don't have success most of the time with this nm, i have no idea why, maybe because of the hp or bad equipment/selection of atma, not trying to be mean but being taru for this nm is very difficult because the very low hp

Just where do you get your farfetched ideas, sir
[+]
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2011-10-22 16:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Super easy solo on bst using the new Slug._.b Drop rate of items is abyssmal. Got yellow as bst/nin and nothing dropped. Was just after +2, have Loki, and what not from duoing at 80 as mnk and whm/thf
 Bahamut.Alpaka
Server: Bahamut
user: MGreer
By Bahamut.Alpaka 2011-10-22 17:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »

I've never had a problem on taru AA/GH/RR and never had a mp problem with whm/blm, like draylo said nothing to it but stunning thunder4/5
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [62 days between previous and next post]
By Fitali 2011-12-23 04:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone explain to me why sometimes his spikes do 30 damage then all of the sudden his spikes are doing 500+ dmg?
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2011-12-23 04:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fitali said: »
Can anyone explain to me why sometimes his spikes do 30 damage then all of the sudden his spikes are doing 500+ dmg?
One is Thunder IV the other is Thunder V being cast on himself.
 Phoenix.Sweden
Server: Phoenix
user: sweden
By Phoenix.Sweden 2011-12-23 04:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

His spikes increase in dmg after he thunder5's himself
 Asura.Mekaider
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-12-23 05:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fitali said: »

Do people not read wiki?

His shock spikes only activate after he casts a thunder based spell on himself. Damage is proportionate to tier of spell. Thunder V is when it gets nasty and if you're using apoc or whatever where triple attack kicks in you're likely to beat yourself to death on his spikes if you aren't careful. Just backtank it for the 30~60 seconds.
 Asura.Mekaider
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-12-23 05:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pooman said: »

Yeah, this is shockingly poor info. Also, don't rely on a WHM/BLM to stun, they're generally busy healing people >.>

As odd as it sounds, MNK/BLM works wonders, figured that out when used to do ironclads alot w/ ballistic kick.
By Latifah 2011-12-23 05:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i kinda agree with this post i tested it by myself , it works with some proc mules that i use for dd as well after proc
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
Server: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-12-23 06:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo as bst using slug no pet food or healing items required.
[+]