First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2011-10-22 06:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
What exactly about THF + WHM would be so difficult?

I know this is an old topic, but I could use some advice on turul. I have tried dualboxing it about 5 times now with only one success. I have gone blu + whm, nin + whm, and thf + whm. The first 70-75% is cake. Then, he starts using some of his tougher moves and spells. In the end, I find myself with a Ferrel Peck or Reaving Wind to the face while my WHM gets eatted.

The question: how do people deal with the enmity loss of the tank?
 Odin.Zelphes
Server: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-10-22 06:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You DD it to regain hate back while WHM curebomb itself. Also, Collaborator? It helps having a wall to back you up if it starts Reaving wind (that pushes you around) This way you can still keep hitting it to keep hate. A good spot for this is near martello by flux 4ish. Eitherway from experience, even when it reset hate, I get hate back really fast from just a couple of round of hits when I duo this (as MNK & WHM). It doesnt even run after my whm.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2011-10-22 07:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
You DD it to regain hate back while WHM curebomb itself. Also, Collaborator? It helps having a wall to back you up if it starts Reaving wind (that pushes you around) This way you can still keep hitting it to keep hate. A good spot for this is near martello by flux 4ish. Eitherway from experience, even when it reset hate, I get hate back really fast from just a couple of round of hits when I duo this (as MNK & WHM). It doesnt even run after my whm.

I have been finding this true now that I am using thf...sometimes there doesn't seem to be any hate reset (or very minimal hate loss or w/e)...accomplice does help though when hate does get reset. Thing is, sometimes that hate reset is more complete then other times and it is more difficult to regain control.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-22 07:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i can help a lil, i used to do turul like 5 times daily, but on bst. i seen so many people doing turul wrong, just make sure all dds don't stand on his front (tanker's side) they all will eat Bloody Beak, storm wing, Feral Peck and magic aoe like thundagas,aerogas. all dds should use allure atma on their set for hateless dmg (very important), they need to stand on his tail (dds), while the tanker tanks him on the front, it's nice to have whm with /blm (for thunder5 stun and conserve mp)or sch sub , this nm requires loads of cure5/6 spam ,convert+refresh doesn't cut it if your whm is /rdm sub, tankers should include atma of the war lion for tanking, have whm to put barthundra on you all the time to have thunder resistances 200+, twilight torque and replacing rajas for 1 dark ring helps.

usually ninjas and thiefs tanker don't have success most of the time with this nm, i have no idea why, maybe because of the hp or bad equipment/selection of atma, not trying to be mean but being taru for this nm is very difficult because the very low hp
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2011-10-22 07:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Emanuelle...my question was about dualboxing. I do not have access to a party atm.
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-22 07:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
i think i can help a lil, i used to do turul like 5 times daily, but on bst. i seen so many people doing turul wrong, just make sure all dds don't stand on his front (tanker's side) they all will eat Bloody Beak, storm wing, Feral Peck and magic aoe like thundagas,aerogas. all dds should use allure atma on their set for hateless dmg (very important), they need to stand on his tail (dds), while the tanker tanks him on the front, it's nice to have whm with /blm (for thunder5 stun and conserve mp)or sch sub , this nm requires loads of cure5/6 spam ,convert+refresh doesn't cut it if your whm is /rdm sub, tankers should include atma of the war lion for tanking, have whm to put barthundra on you all the time to have thunder resistances 200+, twilight torque and replacing rajas for 1 dark ring helps.

usually ninjas and thiefs tanker don't have success most of the time with this nm, i have no idea why, maybe because of the hp or bad equipment/selection of atma, not trying to be mean but being taru for this nm is very difficult because the very low hp

What? Just... what? lol

Duoed this as whm/rdm and war/sam np whatsoever. No convert needed. Turn when spikes are on, obviously. Using normal DD and whm atmas.
[+]
 Fenrir.Didgist
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-10-22 07:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

all dds should use allure atma on their set for hateless dmg (very important)

This is really sound advice.

Ok, in all seriousness you have to practice anticipating tp moves. Get used to turning your character after your attack rounds and/or during the mobs. I would imagine most wipes going something like Feral peck > impale self on spikes, so watch out for that.

Peck is pretty much your main concern two boxing, you have to turn your dd and get cures on yourself before you go poke it to get hate back. I'm almost always on WAR so I can cheat with provoke, but times where I have done this as thief an attack round almost always got hate back. I've seen people go as far as to use MNK/BLM and WHM/BLM to always stun self casts, but for me just anticipating his tp moves and not swinging into Feral Peck makes it an easy fight.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-10-22 07:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A good tip, melee in MDT set when spikes are on. With barthunder I take 75ish a hit which is very managable, then slap on DD gear once spikes wear (If your WHM is slow on stunning, though with Addle this shouldn't be a problem).

But back to what you're asking for - Damage. Need some fast dmg to get hate back. I suggest using your Nin instead of THF as you can throw out a fast voke+more reliable dmg to get hate back.

Improves you chance of winning atleast. Personally, I'd get a MNK to do this for you instead as they kill faster/Blue proc which result in lokis w/o TH even very reliably.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-10-22 07:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i will disagree with about 95% of this.

ANY melee + whm can easily take it down. Deadliest move he has are shock spikes. He doesnt have great acc so can evade lots as well(my mnk evaded about 30% or more). I have heard people stun his self cast nukes to prevent spikes but my whm was always sub rdm or sch, in either case he interrupts a good amount at 90. can turn on spikes as well, it doesnt seem to last very long.

I highly disagree with nin and thf having trouble, if anything it seems easier on those jobs as he has bad acc. Also dont drop gear to full time damage reduction gear, it is easily macroed in.
dam didnt even notice he suggested 2 poor atmas for this lol
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-22 08:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, Shock Spikes suck pretty bad even if damage is reduced to 75ish hp per hit. Depending on what job you are on, the stun effect can end up preventing you from casting utsu/using TE.
 Fenrir.Didgist
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-10-22 08:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Idk, Shock Spikes suck pretty bad even if damage is reduced to 75ish hp per hit. Depending on what job you are on, the stun effect can end up preventing you from casting utsu/using TE.

We have a lot of people that just turn around for the entire duration of the spikes here on Fenrir.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-22 08:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Didgist said: »

We have a lot of people that just turn around for the entire duration of the spikes here on Fenrir.

Yeah, my post was directed at Zelphes' post really, but another post snuck in there lol. But yes, personally I really hate Shock Spikes on a mob, the stun effect is one of the most annoying things ever. Whenever I've done this particular nm, any DDs have always turned when spikes are up.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-10-22 08:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, Shock Spikes suck pretty bad even if damage is reduced to 75ish hp per hit. Depending on what job you are on, it can end up preventing you from casting utsu/using TE.

This works very well on MNK atleast. The fact you also hit slower results in not raping your HP too fast, and you can still counter when not stunned (and still add dmg during these phases instead of turning). The dmg you take is laughable really. I've been doing this for over 40 kills when killing for friends/merc'ing.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-10-22 08:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zelphes said: »
Idk, Shock Spikes suck pretty bad even if damage is reduced to 75ish hp per hit. Depending on what job you are on, it can end up preventing you from casting utsu/using TE.

This works very well on MNK atleast. The fact you also hit slower results in not raping your HP too fast, and you can still counter when not stunned (and still add dmg during these phases instead of turning). The dmg you take is laughable really. I've been doing this for over 40 kills when killing for friends/merc'ing.

Yeah not going to argue with you there, it's just a matter of what you're most comfortable with really. I just have this haaaaaate for Shock Spikes personally, lol.

I think we can all agree that this nm isn't hard to duo though. At least assuming you have decent gear and know wtf you're doing.
 Odin.Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-10-22 09:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I see what you mean, but since your bar resist is relative high, stun effect doesn't occur often making the spikes rather painless.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-22 09:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most of the time we end up just eating the spikes with Bar and occasionally Carol on.

The base stun rate is relatively low then at least.

It's not a huge deal, but I have had issues with him in the past, when he's being a ***.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-22 09:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

What? Just... what? lol

Duoed this as whm/rdm and war/sam np whatsoever. No convert needed. Turn when spikes are on, obviously. Using normal DD and whm atmas.
talking about parties, and duo with thf or nin with a whm, warrior can pretty much overkill turul quickly specially ukon war, war does not have hate problems like nin or thf, can't compare, nin and thf are moskito jobs like dnc
 Sylph.Mesheef
Server: Sylph
user: Mesheef
By Sylph.Mesheef 2011-10-22 09:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

mnk, thf or nin tank/dd with WotG atma, RR and GH
practically don't even need buffs after that.
I have tanked on nin and mnk, nin for atma and mnk for loki. I would only assume a thf can do just as well.

If you are really worried about spikes or peck, throw some dark rings, twilight torque on and you will be fine. I never really needed them since spikes do low dmg with WotG atma.

and a whm/anything seems to work for cures, /sch is always nice for stoneskin here and there though.

Only possible thing you need to worry about is spikes being up and you get hit with feral peck and whm not curing in time before spikes kill you. (If you haven't turned after getting hit from peck.)

talking about parties, and duo with thf or nin with a whm, warrior can pretty much overkill turul quickly specially ukon war, war does not have hate problems like nin or thf, can't compare, nin and thf are moskito jobs like dnc
Dude... you are a tool. stfu. If you have a nin or thf that is having hate issues you need to find a new nin or thf. Secondly I have seen dnc's put out massive amounts of dmg, and you should probably read up on the enmity generation of 2 step animated flourish. Lastly it is spelled mosquito.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-10-22 10:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

mosKito jobs can do decent dmg per swings but crappy hp, thundaga4 = 1 shot

nolol
By javelinx 2011-10-22 10:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

tank (w/e, any tanking job), whm, thf...hopefully the thf or tank can proc blue, if not bring a mnk and kill it during blunt time, this is a duo mob, but you generally need th and blue for body to drop at a high rate, much like twilight gear
By javelinx 2011-10-22 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

you mad? lulz :D, im just saying my experiences watching a nin or thf tanking turul, anyone that spend loads of time inside abyssea kon knows that nin-thf haves lots of issues, only mnk pld war blu can tank that decently with no problem, you can do it with nin.. yes, but it takes whm x2 like almost everyone does, idk why you mention tanking turul on mnk because we all know mnk destroy turul, mosKito jobs can do decent dmg per swings but crappy hp, thundaga4 = 1 shot

orz..use sanguine scythe and bam you have enuf hp

SS/RR/VV is what i tank this with on sam, easy peasy lemon squeazy

edit: sam/war...lol/nins on this
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
Server: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-10-22 10:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you don't have abyssites and atma I don't see why a NIN or THF would have a problem tanking Turul. MNK is better for Blue procs and that's it. The few hundred HP shouldn't matter.