Are half the female players someone's BF or spouse
First Page 2 ... 14 15 16
 Titan.Elevan
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Elevan
By Titan.Elevan 2010-08-01 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean I'm being very serious here, it seems that half the time that I find a female player, they have a boyfriend or husband that plays the game with them. And I mean this is the case for years now. So does this mean that females won't play MMOs unless they have someone to play them with?

EDIT: meant to type in title, "someone's GF"
[+]
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-08-01 12:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I starting playing ffxi when I was single >.>
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-01 12:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They could be in-game girlfriends/wives. I imagine a lot of guys would encourage their girlfriends or wives to play as well.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-01 12:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know a few female players who are single on my server. Won't name them, though. :P
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-08-01 12:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife started playing cuz she got sick of watching me play all the time. Can't beat em...join em.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-01 12:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Most wives play these days because their husbands don't love them anymore. In my experience any woman who is married in this game flirts and hits on pretty much every guy cause she wants the attention. I guess once you're fat, old, and annoying, its hard for a man to want to be around you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Aliiyah
user: Aliiyah
By Cerberus.Aliiyah 2010-08-01 12:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I started when I was single and did the beta on the PS2. Of course, a gamer-girl in any video game is going to be hounded by males no matter what. I have had 1 serious relationship with a man I met on here, and even after it ended, we remained good friends (Muy!). And have talked to several other guys as well, but nothing turning out from them or they were complete looser. And let us not forget the married/taken guys, too. Plenty of them running around wanting to mess around.

Currently, I have an in-game man and we talk irl as well, Deuteu.

Also, a lot of females will tell people who ask that they are taken just to stop people from pestering them as well. <.<
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-08-01 12:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing after my brothers and bf kept bugging me to try it out. Yes, I do play this game with my bf, but we don't do everything together. I actually play more than he does so I wouldn't say that I only play because my bf does too.

It's really nice having him to play this with though, because w/e we do things together we don't have to sit and type out ***all day long, we just say it and it gets done.
[+]
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2010-08-01 12:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why women would bother playing this game if they were single. If i was a woman i'd hate this game unless i liked getting pervy attention. I can think of a few women on my server who people will run around the world and back for. The only reason they do it is because 'she's' a woman.. The amount of pervy men around them all day trying to get kicks off sad fantasies is just ridiculous and all too common. Just makes me sick to be honest and i think that's the reason why a lot of single women just end up leaving the game.

I will say though that it's a minority, but by no means a small minority. Most of the lads on here just want a laugh on FFXI not a bloody internet relationship.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-08-01 12:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Skinner said:
I don't know why women would bother playing this game if they were single. If i was a woman i'd hate this game unless i liked getting pervy attention. I can think of a few women on my server who people will run around the world and back for. The only reason they do it is because 'she's' a woman.. The amount of pervy men around them all day trying to get kicks off sad fantasies is just ridiculous and all too common. Just makes me sick to be honest and i think that's the reason why a lot of single women just end up leaving the game. I will say though that it's a minority, but by no means a small minority. Most of the lads on here just want a laugh on FFXI not a bloody internet relationship.

This is why I'm glad sometimes that ppl think I'm a guy. Other times it's a little annoying.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-01 12:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get any attention from guys IRL? Play an MMO!
[+]
 Cerberus.Aliiyah
user: Aliiyah
By Cerberus.Aliiyah 2010-08-01 13:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah cuz girls could NEVER want just to play a video game....

/eyeroll
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-01 13:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Every girl has different motivation as to what they do and why, but I would like to think the general reason to playing this game was to enjoy the fact that it's Final Fantasy :x
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-01 13:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Most girls I know who play aren't in a relationship with anyone who plays!
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-01 13:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For some girls. FFXI is the anti-drug!!!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-01 13:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've know a few girls to say they were in a relationship just to get a guy or guys off them. To the point of putting it there facebook status and pics

But it isn't hard for a gamer girl to find someone on here and they can get something they want 2-8 times
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-01 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I see a lot of them around... playername + playername'swife
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-01 13:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Aliiyah said:

/eyeroll

I'd hope most girls would play because they like the game itself. But let's face it, a lot of girls get attention in-game that they wouldn't otherwise get out in real life.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-01 13:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol funny thread

there is no girls on the internet
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-01 13:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Cerberus.Aliiyah said:

/eyeroll

I'd hope most girls would play because they like the game itself. But let's face it, a lot of girls get attention in-game that they wouldn't otherwise get out in real life.

Some of the girls that play are really hott and guys are too chicken to approach them in rl life. So if this is the only way they get attention. Who knows. For others the opposite applies.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-08-01 13:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing when my husband bought the game for me as a present. Until I met him, I had never seen an xbox or any other console (other than my parents' computer, which was not to be used for games.) I wasn't allowed to play games as a child.

After we married, he wanted me to play games with him. I tried Halo, Gears of War, Crystal Chronicles, and a couple other ones. I could never get into it until FFXI.

Long story short: True, I would never have played this game or any other one if my husband hadn't wished me to. That's doesn't mean that I don't enjoy this game very much, though. It just means sometimes I tell people I'm a guy just so they don't try to flirt. ~.~
[+]
By chichi 2010-08-01 13:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

only guys posing as girls to get gearz :D
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-01 13:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

Some of the girls that play are really hott and guys are too chicken to approach them in rl life. So if this is the only way they get attention. Who knows. For others the opposite applies.

I don't think that rule applies anymore. My dad always used to tell me that, but from my experience, it's clearly not the case
[+]
 Phoenix.Sketchkat
Server: Phoenix
user: sketchkat
By Phoenix.Sketchkat 2010-08-01 13:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Some girls play with a few of their rl friends, just as another way to hang out and stuff; several of my rl friends play together, or rather, they used to, lol. Most have moved on by now.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-01 13:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I know some girls who play as galkas so guys wont hit on them <.<
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-01 13:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
I know some girls who play as galkas so guys wont hit on them <.<

thats pretty stupid, use the /blist function.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-08-01 13:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

There are statistics on this sort of thing, you know. =)

Daedalus.Project said:
If we assume an 85:15 gender ratio and the noted singles rate, then for every single woman in an MMO, there are 10 single men.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maeko
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Maeko 2010-08-01 13:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing this game when I was single...and does it matter if you're a gamer guy or a gamer girl? Shouldn't really be labels, just people playing the game. Girls can enjoy the game just as much as a guy, though a lot of the girls in my LS play with their husbands, and I play with my bf now.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-08-01 13:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I let most people thing I'm a guy so they don't call me 'hun' 'sweetie' 'baby' and all that other ***. I'm not after gear from people, I just want to play the game.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-01 13:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always been curious as to how bad it can be, being a girl in an MMO like this ~

First Page 2 ... 14 15 16