New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is SE RMTing??
Is SE RMTing??
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Bragi 2010-07-05 04:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, i enjoy playing FFXI since 2004 now. But what happened the last 2 years seems very questionable to me, and I wonder what others were thinking about it.

Here a little introduction:
Cure Potency I consider as one of the most important ‚Modes’ equipment can provide for a main healing White Mage?
The pieces that offer this mode are well known, and there have been added more and more lately
However you have to buy the Add-ons first to be able to obtain them!!

Blue Mage finally can get Dual Wield. Isn’t that great?
What does it require to get that Job Trait as Blue Mage without using /nin or /dnc?
Ahh, you have to buy the new Add-On first!!

This are just 2 examples and there are of course much more.

I realized, that what SE is doing, is RMTing in a way that makes me thinking. I’m playing since 2004 now,
I have bought the Expansions till WotG as they really provide the players with new CONTENT:
Jobs have been added, interesting story lines, new kind of battlefields (Besieged, Campaign, Nyzul Isle, Einherjar etc.), new areas …
But what have been added with the so called add-ons that cost you additional REAL $s?
Really smart from SE that the rewards are really unique and provide many jobs with modes that, can only be obtained from those.
However you can find this way of RMTing in tons of MMORPG you could play for free.
You can play the game for free, but if you want better/best equipment you have to buy it for real $s.
Much worse is it if they start, to the same thing with ‚Job Traits’ that make a HUGE difference to your job, like the Dual Wield skill for Blue Mage.

I came to the decision, not to buy those RMT-Style-Add-ons.
And this makes me thinking about it twice or more often, if I should buy FFXIV, when SE is trying to milk the players that way again.

Am I the only one that thinks that way about the add-ons?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-05 04:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to whine about the fact that you have to pay a whole 13 dollars to play for a month.

Not that I don't understand what you're saying, I just think, it's their game. They can charge you for whatever they want. They can charge you to kill Colibri if they want to.

You pay for the extra work they put into the game to keep it running smoothly and enjoyably. You don't pay to get a job trait you think you deserve.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 04:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, everyone thinks this way. And everyone concludes it's worth it.

As for SE selling gil and doing actual RMT, even if they did, we'll never know. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Same reason I wouldn't be surprised if companies like Symantec spends millions per year hiring developers to release malware and virii into the global network so they have a reason to sell and promote their Anti-Virus solutions.
[+]
 Phoenix.Huwhuddep
Server: Phoenix
user: huw
By Phoenix.Huwhuddep 2010-07-05 04:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called economics.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-07-05 04:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

They are in it to make a profit and most likely after the release of ff14 the ffxi player base will drop. So milk it while you still can.

Like do you actually think they care about the player base? If they did their support wouldnt be so horrible. Still is after these many years.
[+]
By Duanyu 2010-07-05 04:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yay lets all post anon
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 04:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
They are in it to make a profit and most likely after the release of ff14 the ffxi player base will drop. So milk it while you still can.

Like do you actually think they care about the player base? If they did their support wouldnt be so horrible. Still is after these many years.

I.. don't know, they did ban over 500 people which possibly equates to about a hundred grand per year. SE is a large company but 100k is still a substantial amount to give up over a bunch of people who "cheated" in a game you made to make their toons stronger.

Are they squeezing as much as they can out of XI, of course, there were 2 more expansions coming out before the end of this year.

Why the hell would SE release direct competition (14) to overlap their expansion release.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-07-05 04:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I.. don't know, they did ban over 500 people which possibly equates to about a hundred grand per year. SE is a large company but 100k is still a substantial amount to give up over a bunch of people who "cheated" in a game you made to make their toons stronger.

Are they squeezing as much as they can out of XI, of course, there were 2 more expansions coming out before the end of this year.

Why the hell would SE release direct competition (14) to overlap their expansion release.

Yeah, I dont know about that last part. It doesnt make any business sense.
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-07-05 04:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything I bet you they're working with Blizzard in the background negotiating and analyzing release dates for Starcraft II and Final Fantasy XIV attempting to maximize opening profits for both titles that will benefit both of them. Who knows.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-05 04:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:

Yeah, I dont know about that last part. It doesnt make any business sense.

ya which is why I'm not holding my breath for 14 to hit the stores in Sept lol...a TON of people are gonna quit 11 for 14 (a lot have quit and are just waiting on 14)..yet they still have major updates planned for 11 after that sept mark....wtf?
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-05 04:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

because FF14 will have a lot of glitches to start with and they want to make sure 11 is still enticing for those who will refuse to play 14 til it works or
 Ragnarok.Slade
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Slade 2010-07-05 04:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's best plan was to release 3 expansions with 3 awesome gear choices and then ***all over those gear with more expansions with more gear and more dolla bills baby.
[+]
 Hades.Bragi
Server: Hades
user: Bragi
By Hades.Bragi 2010-07-05 05:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG. It’s true. I’m really getting too old.
Well I was too naive and just making the wrong conclusion from the ‚company’ I’m working at, to SE.
Working in a none profit-oriented company, that take every customer feedback as serious as possible. (service center)
Good reputation has higher value then profit, but that’s not the case here it seems.
And also the target group of my company is not comparable to the one of MMORPG interested players.
I’ll just accept the fact, that my mentality has nothing lost in the development of that kind of business/game, and play the game the way I like it...

[+]
 Odin.Yakoo
Server: Odin
user: Yakoo
By Odin.Yakoo 2010-07-05 05:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the reason because FF14 will come out in September is, that it will need a lot of updates before it is really "finished" or fixed. So people will buy it and will say "oh well, kinda buggy, I will stick to F11 to LVL 99 until 14 is better".

Most people will rush into the shop to buy FF14 like everyone did with FF13.

SE will just have their money earlier, not at the end of 2010. :)
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-07-05 05:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

what is this I don't even
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-07-05 05:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know any company that gives a ***about it's consumer, the only time it looks like they do is when they get "the good staff".

I work in a Supermarket and have been in some form of Customer Service for ~10 years now, ranging from PC Repair, Website Maintenance and Shelf stacking.

PC Repair and Website maintenance I did on my own, so I knew the "company" cared about the customers. Both were "non-profit", I requested 0 money and 0 services in return and thoroughly enjoyed the work I did.

The supermarket I'm at however, expects customers to be bled dry while their staff do as little as possible to give the service I expect. I've yet to find another member of staff in the dump I'm working at who goes out of their way to make sure the customers have what they came for.

Management don't care about how their customers are treated, all they care about is the 6 figures a week that goes from my department to their office.

At the end of the day, SE is the management, GM's are just the staff. You get the good ones; you also get the ones that follow their managers notes to the word. It's the good ones that keep their consumers coming back.
[+]
Server: Fenrir
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Chefsassistantj 2010-07-05 05:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you serious??? of COURSE there are expansions..... every damn game out there has expansions now. Playstation Store is full of them as im sure is the Xbox online store.

Everything from new skins to extra levels.

I think your seriously behind the times if your upset about a MMO having them.

Go play WoW...... ohhhhh wait..... you'll have an embolism when you see that them crazy Blizzard *** have also done it.

Set your PC/Xbox on fire. You'll be happier.
[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-07-05 06:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, everyone thinks this way. And everyone concludes it's worth it.

As for SE selling gil and doing actual RMT, even if they did, we'll never know. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Same reason I wouldn't be surprised if companies like Symantec spends millions per year hiring developers to release malware and virii into the global network so they have a reason to sell and promote their Anti-Virus solutions.

I agree with prince here... SE will prolly if not in doubt BE their own Gil sellers.. They will offer services or just the GIL itself, or maybe the gear for ppl who don't have the time.

They will close out all these advertisers, and hire the workers for themselves, making more jobs still be around for them.

SE wud still profit, thus, taking out the competetion.

Keeps jobs within SE, and they make more, wiping or killing the competetion, in its entirety!
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2010-07-05 06:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Yakoo said:
I think the reason because FF14 will come out in September is, that it will need a lot of updates before it is really "finished" or fixed. So people will buy it and will say "oh well, kinda buggy, I will stick to F11 to LVL 99 until 14 is better".

Most people will rush into the shop to buy FF14 like everyone did with FF13.

SE will just have their money earlier, not at the end of 2010. :)

Yay to profit shown at SE 2010 year-end income statement, and increased stock prices, happy shareholders.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-05 07:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-05 07:59:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I don't fully understand this thread. Based on what you're saying isn't everything that has ever been done by every single MMO that has ever been in existence considered RMTing? If you don't like it don't buy the product or stop playing. Call POL, see if you get anywhere with that. Its a business. Long time continued customer usage correlates with a lower need for customer service based on rentention. It's 2010, companies have the formulas down to a science. If it doesn't affect their profit margin they won't do it.

Think about it. If you owned a business would you hand out free stuff to everyone? Would be a super nice gesture but your *** would be poor quick! Best example. Refridgerators from the 50's. They made them flawlessly. They could run perfectly for 50 years. Companies got smart. They make products that need upgrades, need replacing. Products lacking or of inferior quality = more money for the company. If you don't like this then perhaps hop in a Delorian and travel back in time. Reguardless of where in time you go, you'll QQ about stuff in that time period also though.

Not trying to come off like a jerk but welcome to 2010. Suck it up lol
[+]
user: Knotts
By Asura.Knottsmustang 2010-07-05 08:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am amazed that there is a thread on this topic. This has been going on since the begining of time with people that can make a profit. some aspects in the US is the three major Auto companies force the Tucker corperation to fold due to they do not want competition and want to sell their product only. In war the countries buy supplies from even those that they are fighting. Every thing in this world is about profit unless you have a non-profit organization and even then somethimes it is up in the air. welcome to the real world Naive people.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-07-05 08:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt be surprised if SE was working in conjunction with IGN(or whatever the trading site is called) They are only out to make money in the end
[+]
 Cerberus.Saithorx
user: Saithorx
By Cerberus.Saithorx 2010-07-05 09:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that really annoyed me is that as soon as I bought a couple of the recent 10 dollar expansions, they made all 3 available for 10 dollars.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Minipie
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Minipie 2010-07-05 09:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone noticed that they are making recycled expansions using the same areas again and again ? they are just re-texturing the sky and some stuff, but abbysea and wog areas are just the same, nothing much changed, they just want to suck up all your money
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-07-05 09:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:
anyone noticed that they are making recycled expansions using the same areas again and again ? they are just re-texturing the sky and some stuff, but abbysea and wog areas are just the same, nothing much changed, they just want to suck up all your money

PS2 limitations!
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
Server: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-07-05 09:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:

PS2 RIMITATIONS!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-07-05 10:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:
PS2 Simulations!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-07-05 10:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Minipie said:
Xbox360 RRoD prevention!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2010-07-05 10:09:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yes selling expansions to a game for 10 dollars a whack is rmtism , as is charging for monthly access to your account/character , and holy ***you gotta pay for internet? wtf is that ***and you have to have a console or decent pc to play the game , i smell a conspiracy i bet se is the puppet master and they have there hands up the ***'s of all the puppets in the world. it will no longer be man that spanks the monkey , the monkey will now spank the man .
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7