Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 15:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
if you don't like this kind of style from companies, then get a frigging console and play a stable game that never changes or something like that.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/modern-warfare-2-resurgence-map-pack-detailed-by-bowling/
Quote:
Live, the pack will be priced at 1200 ($15)

everyone does it. not just ffxi. so playing console doesnt work either.

I meant games that are stable regardless. I can think of a million games that get released and never updated.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-07 15:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
if you don't like this kind of style from companies, then get a frigging console and play a stable game that never changes or something like that.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/modern-warfare-2-resurgence-map-pack-detailed-by-bowling/
Quote:

I meant games that are stable regardless. I can think of a million games that get released and never updated.

Lol i know what you mean, but if your tryin to play something online, that doesnt really happen anymore. Every company wants to squeeze an extra few bucks out of everyone.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 15:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

Quote:

Lol i know what you mean, but if your tryin to play something online, that doesnt really happen anymore. Every company wants to squeeze an extra few bucks out of everyone.

duh...why do you think even consoles are going online now too.

Still some games keep their sanity.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-07 15:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant think of a single game in the past 3 years that ive bought and they havent released something new for me to buy. Some even go as far as to say you cant play without buying the new content (im looking at you gears of war 2.)
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-07-07 15:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, this is driving me nuts. Why in god's *** name do people continue to think that when FFXIV comes out, FFXI will suffer a decrease in population? FFXIV is a COMPLETELY NEW GAME. There is literally almost no difference between me switching from FFXI to world of warcraft II or FFXIV. The only difference is that the same company makes FFXI and FFXIV, the same shitty company that everyone who plays FFXI hates. Why the hell would anyone want to switch to FFXIV? People who are quitting FFXI for FFXIV are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if they think it's going to be a better game. If you really want a new MMO to play, I suggest you find one by a different company, otherwise I fail to see any reasoning behind your decision.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant think of a single game in the past 3 years that ive bought and they havent released something new for me to buy. Some even go as far as to say you cant play without buying the new content (im looking at you gears of war 2.)

I used the console example because consoles have more games most likely to stay sane.

now, Online games well yeah, you have to expect to get updates if your already getting charged for the service, even expansions. Others just have their way to milk the game. look at Littlebigplanet for example. it has some in game content you can choose to buy or not. other than that, the rest is free.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-07 16:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, SE will be focusing on XIV and probably won't update XI much, if at all, depending on how successful XIV is. If it's a hit, they'll probably drop all updates on XI. They won't bomb it until all profits are lost, of course.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
Ok, this is driving me nuts. Why in god's *** name do people continue to think that when FFXIV comes out, FFXI will suffer a decrease in population? FFXIV is a COMPLETELY NEW GAME. There is literally almost no difference between me switching from FFXI to world of warcraft II or FFXIV. The only difference is that the same company makes FFXI and FFXIV, the same shitty company that everyone who plays FFXI hates. Why the hell would anyone want to switch to FFXIV? People who are quitting FFXI for FFXIV are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if they think it's going to be a better game. If you really want a new MMO to play, I suggest you find one by a different company, otherwise I fail to see any reasoning behind your decision.

because people think the new FF is just going to be an improoved and better version with better graphics and support and ... BETTER EVERYTHING, than FFXI. but similar gameplay.

Let's lol together at this reasoning.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote the new ff is just going to be a big dissapointment at the start.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-07 16:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
lol I don't fully understand this thread. Based on what you're saying isn't everything that has ever been done by every single MMO that has ever been in existence considered RMTing?

I think this is the point. I mean, if you didn't pay your $49.95 in 2004 or whatever, you couldn't equip an onion sword. The idea is that SE profits off their work, not random RMT dude. Which, I think, is okay.
By Zekko 2010-07-07 16:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:

Because XIV will be 2010 and not 2004?
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 16:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bismarck.Helel said:

because people think the new FF is just going to be an improoved and better version with better graphics and support and ... BETTER EVERYTHING, than FFXI. but similar gameplay.

Let's lol together at this reasoning.

I laughed when they said FFXIV is going to be a different game altogether.. That I agree on.. but the same damn races?! It's humorous @_@
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:

I laughed when they said FFXIV is going to be a different game altogether.. That I agree on.. but the same damn races?! It's humorous @_@

Lol We've seen SE take things out of their previous FF games to put it on newer versions over and over and over and over again, but not really make the same game all over again...

Why are people so impressed?
The new FF is going to be a big dissapointment because people expect it to be like FFXI.

inb4 this forum gets filled with FFXIV QQ after the actual game releases. Yes I said it first!
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 16:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Lol We've seen SE take things out of their previous FF games to put it on newer versions over and over and over and over again, but not really make the same game all over again...

The new FF is going to be a big dissapointment because people expect it to be like FFXI.

inb4 this forum gets filled with FFXIV QQ after the actual game releases. Yes I said it first!

The game will be glitched to hell when it first comes out definitely lol, I hope I run under the water or something.. It'd be epic screenshot time xD
By Zekko 2010-07-07 16:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

I doubt it. I'm ready to explore a new world and not the same thing i've looked at for 6 years. Theres always gonna be people that will whine when they dont like something. It happens with all MMOs.
 Bahamut.Valencea
Server: Bahamut
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-07 16:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With FFXI, there was no online FF before then that people could compare/rate it down to.

Since FF14 is coming after FFXI, its only natural people are going to make all kinds of QQs if it isn't similar.

I'm not one of them, i'm just gonna treat it like a brand new MMO.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not buying it, for many obvious reasons. Maybe if after a year it proves to be quite something, I might look into it.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 16:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
I am not buying it, for many obvious reasons. Maybe if after a year it proves to be quite something, I might look into it.

I like the fact that in CS's there's voiceovers, That's pretty badass to me lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

about time!
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-07-07 16:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

hey guys

Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 16:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
hey guys

Touche good sir
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-07 16:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 thats racist!
 Leviathan.Pimpstix
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-07-07 16:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy is my drug of choice.... its much safer than most... and as long as they dont ask for too much money for content... im game. You can disable your content ID's at any time... They are not forcing you to buy content/ play their game.
 Phoenix.Seaxneat
user: seaxneat
By Phoenix.Seaxneat 2010-07-07 16:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

About RMT & Gil selling...

Consider that Square Enix is providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players, as well as the whole Jeuno/Aht Urhgan AH transactions.

Have a look around: how many Gil sale ads do you see in here? LOADS!!!

If SE was really against RMT, they would never want to associate themselves with this site! At the contrary, they'd want to shut it down.

Instead, they still allow ffxiah.com to connect to their servers!!

To me it is quite evident that these Gil selling sites that place adverts here are subsidiaries of SE themselves!!!!
[+]
By Icephase 2010-07-07 16:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH.. i think its a bit much to take per month money for
a game and then expect people to pay extra for additional packages of ADD-ON's.

Lets be clear.. they bring all these expansions when the new release of the ffxiv is ready to come out.

As for many characters already playing the ffxi.. are we now tempted to spend another 123432.2 hours leveling up.. and paying for both games /whilst we decide to play it or quit the old one?

Where's my discount for being a loyal customer/ massive updates and time off the game for maintenance.. give me 2 dollars back!!!!!!

If i'm a blu then i can't even get some of the nice new skills without buying into the new add-on's in ffxi

So in real terms a character can be gimped?.. if this is a case then they should reduce the monthly cost of the game?

At the very least.. it seems a bit greedy for a company that has alot of loyal customers.

LOL Here you are SE take my wallet .. help yourself to it and give it back to me empty ..lmao

Ice xx
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 16:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people are wanting to realize how much time both games are really wanting them to expend.. There's no way a person can put as much time as they put into FFXI into both MMO's at once >< Not if they have a RL and job lol.

Inb4flame.. It is quite possible to play both MMO's and afford it, But how much would you be spending a month? Not a person to tell others how to spend their money but I am in agreement with others in saying it might be best to wait and see how FFXIV plays out at first if you still play XI..

Phoenix.Icephase
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-07 16:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

About RMTing and SE's possible involvement?

If i was bored in the office of SE .. probably with access

to many tricks and quiet moments with nothing to do.. i would make gill and sell it too? no?

Even politicians do it.... so it ain't no difference.

I would't be suprised if the CEO gets abit extra on the side

too !!

LMAO

ice xxx
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 16:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV: monthly cost is $13 plus $3 more per month for extra characters and $1 more per month for extra retainers (non-controllable characters who can sell your ***while you are logged out)

Leviathan.Pimpstix
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Pimpstix 2010-07-07 16:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

All these critics.. if you had control of the Server Networks of SE and the company... what would you do, give the game away and the content for free? You'd have to run it by yourself after all your tech/ GM staff quits because they are no longer being paid. How does that work?
[+]
By Milotheshort 2010-07-07 16:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DEAR GOD!

MADE OF LOSS

1. Its called episodic gaming, its the hip new trendy thing to do in the Gaming Industry. Its dumb, its gay, and here to stay. It's entirely too profitable, and is not some insidious ploy to make you pay for l33t gears like a fat kid is enticed by the prospect of cake.

Phoenix.Seaxneat said:
About RMT & Gil selling...

Consider that Square Enix is providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players, as well as the whole Jeuno/Aht Urhgan AH transactions.

Have a look around: how many Gil sale ads do you see in here? LOADS!!!

If SE was really against RMT, they would never want to associate themselves with this site! At the contrary, they'd want to shut it down.

Instead, they still allow ffxiah.com to connect to their servers!!

To me it is quite evident that these Gil selling sites that place adverts here are subsidiaries of SE themselves!!!!

WTF SRRSLY? no one can be that dumb. Its called a parser. >.>
Additionally, wouldn't SE make more money by 1. Owning FFXIAH and getting said ad revenue, than allowing some other group to encroach upon their Intellectual property and profit from it. 2. Logically we could conclude they are in co-hoots with any other website providing FFXI related information with Gil ads. 3. this is a waste of time bye.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7