First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-07-07 16:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Seaxneat said:
About RMT & Gil selling... Consider that Square Enix is providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players, as well as the whole Jeuno/Aht Urhgan AH transactions. Have a look around: how many Gil sale ads do you see in here? LOADS!!! If SE was really against RMT, they would never want to associate themselves with this site! At the contrary, they'd want to shut it down. Instead, they still allow ffxiah.com to connect to their servers!! To me it is quite evident that these Gil selling sites that place adverts here are subsidiaries of SE themselves!!!!

I don't think SE is providing flat files of auction transactions directly to Scragg et al, who dump the info into the ffxiah.com DB. :p I think ffxiah.com still has to crawl the transactions. :p
By Icephase 2010-07-07 17:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpstix said:
All these critics.. if you had control of the Server Networks of SE and the company... what would you do, give the game away and the content for free? You'd have to run it by yourself after all your tech/ GM staff quits because they are no longer being paid. How does that work?
Well by the looks of this maintenance maybe only 1 person does
run it lmao !!! XD LOL
Ice
 Phoenix.Icephase
Server: Phoenix
user: Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-07 17:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Icephase said:
Leviathan.Pimpstix said:
All these critics.. if you had control of the Server Networks of SE and the company... what would you do, give the game away and the content for free? You'd have to run it by yourself after all your tech/ GM staff quits because they are no longer being paid. How does that work?
Well by the looks of this maintenance maybe only 1 person does
run it lmao !!! XD LOL
Ice

After all this maintenance they could at least sent us all a
free stack of sole sushi+1 or rabbit pies :)
*sniff sniff*
lmao
By seaxneat 2010-07-07 17:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Milotheshort said:
DEAR GOD!

MADE OF LOSS

1. Its called episodic gaming, its the hip new trendy thing to do in the Gaming Industry. Its dumb, its gay, and here to stay. It's entirely too profitable, and is not some insidious ploy to make you pay for l33t gears like a fat kid is enticed by the prospect of cake.

Phoenix.Seaxneat said:
About RMT & Gil selling...

Consider that Square Enix is providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players, as well as the whole Jeuno/Aht Urhgan AH transactions.

Have a look around: how many Gil sale ads do you see in here? LOADS!!!

If SE was really against RMT, they would never want to associate themselves with this site! At the contrary, they'd want to shut it down.

Instead, they still allow ffxiah.com to connect to their servers!!

To me it is quite evident that these Gil selling sites that place adverts here are subsidiaries of SE themselves!!!!

WTF SRRSLY? no one can be that dumb. Its called a parser. >.>
Additionally, wouldn't SE make more money by 1. Owning FFXIAH and getting said ad revenue, than allowing some other group to encroach upon their Intellectual property and profit from it. 2. Logically we could conclude they are in co-hoots with any other website providing FFXI related information with Gil ads. 3. this is a waste of time bye.

When I said "SE providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players" I just meant that...

I did not mean that they have got direct access to SE's db, but only that they are using SE data. Then how they do it it is not the point of my message.

And they do!! As their footnote says: "All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd."
 Caitsith.Judaine
Server: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-07 17:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

seaxneat said:
Milotheshort said:
DEAR GOD!

MADE OF LOSS

1. Its called episodic gaming, its the hip new trendy thing to do in the Gaming Industry. Its dumb, its gay, and here to stay. It's entirely too profitable, and is not some insidious ploy to make you pay for l33t gears like a fat kid is enticed by the prospect of cake.

Phoenix.Seaxneat said:

Consider that Square Enix is providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players, as well as the whole Jeuno/Aht Urhgan AH transactions.

If SE was really against RMT, they would never want to associate themselves with this site! At the contrary, they'd want to shut it down.

To me it is quite evident that these Gil selling sites that place adverts here are subsidiaries of SE themselves!!!!

Additionally, wouldn't SE make more money by 1. Owning FFXIAH and getting said ad revenue, than allowing some other group to encroach upon their Intellectual property and profit from it. 2. Logically we could conclude they are in co-hoots with any other website providing FFXI related information with Gil ads. 3. this is a waste of time bye.

When I said "SE providing this website (ffxiah.com) with database information of all players" I just meant that...

I did not mean that they have got direct access to SE's db, but only that they are using SE data. Then how they do it it is not the point of my message.

And they do!! As their footnote says: "All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd."

I don't know how many times I've heard people talk about "OMGWTF IT'S CONSPIRACY, SE ARE REALLY RMT'S TO GET MOAR MONEY".

The ads are supposed to be relevant to what is on the website, and since SE doesnt have ads for FFXI like lolwow, Nexon, and Evony, the only FFXI ads that appear are RMT ads.
[+]
 Caitsith.Surreal
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 17:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Judaine said:
seaxneat said:
Milotheshort said:
DEAR GOD!

MADE OF LOSS

Phoenix.Seaxneat said:

I don't know how many times I've heard people talk about "OMGWTF IT'S CONSPIRACY, SE ARE REALLY RMT'S TO GET MOAR MONEY".

The ads are supposed to be relevant to what is on the website, and since SE doesnt have ads for FFXI like lolwow, Nexon, and Evony, the only FFXI ads that appear are RMT ads.

Word
[+]
 Phoenix.Seaxneat
user: seaxneat
By Phoenix.Seaxneat 2010-07-07 17:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To Judaine,

no company would not want to be associated with something that goes against their principles or conduct.

Therefore, if they were seriously against RMT/Gil selling, they would have stopped "borrowing data" to this website long time ago.

Phoenix.Milotheshort
By Phoenix.Milotheshort 2010-07-07 17:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

how exactly does one barrow data to another. i believe "loan" is what your looking for bro.
[+]
 Phoenix.Seaxneat
user: seaxneat
By Phoenix.Seaxneat 2010-07-07 17:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Milotheshort said:
how exactly does one barrow data to another. i believe "loan" is what your looking for bro.

Hi yes, that's what I meant:) - sorry English is not my main language
 Caitsith.Judaine
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-07-07 17:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Seaxneat said:
To Judaine,

no company would not want to be associated with something that goes against their principles or conduct.

Therefore, if they were seriously against RMT/Gil selling, they would have stopped "borrowing data" to this website long time ago.

1. Quotes. {You can have this.}

2. Um yea sure, let's stop letting the #1 Fansite of FFXI use the Linkshell Community site info because of ads that they can't control.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-07 17:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bragi said:
Here a little introduction:
Cure Potency I consider as one of the most important ‚Modes’ equipment can provide for a main healing White Mage?
The pieces that offer this mode are well known, and there have been added more and more lately
However you have to buy the Add-ons first to be able to obtain them!!

You have to buy CoP before you can get Rajas/Homam/Nashira/Torques too! You're right, it's RMT all the way. The add ons are cheap as hell, easy to complete, and give pretty nice rewards. Get some perspective.
Seraph.Rafik said:

Like do you actually think they care about the player base?

Comments like that are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. Good luck finding other MMOs as old as FFXI that are still given constant updates, fixes, expansions etc. Their customer support may be backwards at times, but not caring about the playerbase is false.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-07 18:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is releasing everything this year most likely to dodge next year's tax hikes.

Other than that I have nothing significant to add to this thread.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-07-07 18:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it from their point of view, it's like releasing an entire expansion pack, over the course of 9 months, you get your content slightly faster, and in complete chunks, personally I would say that Abyssea is far more needed to experience the next level of the game currently.

I use that word boldly because right now, some of the best EXP you can earn in the game, comes from Abyssea, and some of the best items you can obtain come from Abyssea, now.. that goes without saying you can experience Final Fantasy XI without this content, but you would be missing out on a lot of opportunities to obtain this gear, without feeding the auction house millions and millions of gil, for them rare globed items.

I've meet people who did not have Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urghan, and Wings of the Goddess, it's mind blowing that people don't have that content, but they probably feel the same way you do about all of this 'oh I'm buying access for something that is implemented into the game that I should be able to experience right out of the box because I'm paying a monthly fee.'

However I think people fail to remember that this content requires planning, coding, graphic development, music composing(although I'm certain most of it is made on a keyboard and one person makes most of it and just loops over) and well. Those people need to be paid for their work, it would be nice if people would do things for free, but they don't.

Abyssea, currently is nothing like the gimmicky Add-on Scenario packs that were complete ***, a waste of time, and money, and efforts for a reward that hardly made you better then the next person who has gear you still would work after to obtain because its overall better equipment for more situations, Abyssea is a full blown experience that right now, runs laps over the current ***that is being released to us, MMM may remain the top dog for EXP, but when I can run a party, and earn 35k/hr in Abyssea and stay in zone for 3-5hrs with an alliance from my Linkshell, small group of my friends, or even a group of total strangers from around my server from shouting in Whitegate.

So, if you think Abyssea is an RMT scam, well then you might as well judge the 40$ you paid for the other expansions, and then think about how long you waited just for the content to be completed, I know Wings of the Goddess came out in 2007, and it's taken them 3 years, to finally get to what is the end, when the content of the expansion, and it is hardly anything that should have taken 3 years.
 Phoenix.Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-07 19:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

to be honest i don't think its at all true..

The amount of work in abyssea isn't hard for them to do..

Firstly the mobs are all the same and the skins of the environments are too... change hue saturation and colour WOW!!!!

A few treasure boxes of different colors etc.. all this stuff can be generated pretty quickly by computers.

So lets kill pink mandagora's in another add-on that costs 10$
.. say next week..
.. and as for the new areas.. make them look different please!!!!!

The designers are pretty lazy for all those millions of dollars.. ten and hundreds of millions !!!

ice xx

[+]
 Phoenix.Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-07 19:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Naveyah.. the rmt thread wasn't about them making money from expansions.. but about them promoting gil selling.. or even being apart of it themselves..

As they affiliate with sites that do sell and advertise gill.

As they allow sites to enter their servers.. and as seaxneat was saying their name appears at the bottom of this page.

All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..

is at the bottom of this page.. if they didn't want to be affiliated to this site would they let this happen???

Does this clarify the thread ? hope so?

ice xx
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-07-07 19:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Icephase said:
Naveyah.. the rmt thread wasn't about them making money from expansions.. but about them promoting gil selling.. or even being apart of it themselves..

As they allow sites to enter their servers.. and as seaxneat was saying their name appears at the bottom of this page.

All FFXI content and images © 2002-2010 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd..

is at the bottom of this page.. if they didn't want to be affiliated to this site would they let this happen???

ice xx

What? I could go make a website and write that at the bottom of each page, does that mean SE are suddenly affiliated with my website? No..
 Phoenix.Icephase
By Phoenix.Icephase 2010-07-07 20:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

As my point is on this

when i tell a gm about serious misconduct and possible illegal practice going on when i farm..ie.. i see bots..

all the GM's say how do i know or send an automated message..

After farming tons of hours i played this game for years..its easy to spot... they insult me and my level by questioning my observations. !!! i'm not a noob !!!

Personally a gm call should be enough.. and i shouldn't have to log out and report it on a separate site.
WHY the hell should i stop my game .. log off.. send a email. and do their job!!

I report it.. to a gm call.. they can investigate by entering into the zone and checking it there and then... and
enter into the zone.. as we have seen them enter zones before no???? when the servers merged and too many people were in whitegate!! asking people to leave the zone.

My only conclusion is are they interested ? well probably not if they just send me an automated answer. and why??

well cos they don't give a damn.. the people that get banned/ well even politicians fix numbers .
Nixon....../clinton--- i did not sleep with that woman > under oath.. well lets believe everything
There is a big market in gill selling.. and if i owned a company.. trading in that currency .. i would want my cut in the profits too !!!!!!
A company ceo is friends with another ceo .. best mates.. went to same school.. play golf.. give jobs to their children..
Please ...society has elite groups/clans.. just like endgamers..
Time for people to grow up a little i think
If they didn't want gill selling they would delete gill and make person credits to npc's only and no auction house.
This would resolve the issue.. why not?? cos its big business in selling it on other sites ?? perhaps ??

ice xx

By Icephase 2010-07-07 20:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Phoenix.Icephase said:

ice xx

What? I could go make a website and write that at the bottom of each page, does that mean SE are suddenly affiliated with my website? No..
Then please tell me how they get into the servers and know what is sold when where and by whom....?? how does SE allow this..?? cos they allow it .. and the question is why?? then the question is the adverts of selling gill on here?
Add 2 and 2 .. what does it make? 4 ? yes.. so your saying that SE servers are permanently hacked and they cant do nothing about it ? with all those millions??? mmmmmm
I beg to differ tbh

ice xx
 Hades.Ethereal
Server: Hades
By Hades.Ethereal 2010-07-07 20:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have any idea what rmting is?
SE is greedy. Not rmting.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-07-07 20:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

This site has RMT ads because otherwise, not enough people care to market to MMO players to foot the bill for hosting. Shockingly, age 14-26 MMO players aren't very good target audiences for investment accounts, 30-year fixed home mortgage offers, New York Times home delivery subscriptions, and life insurance.

We don't pick the ads. We give space to ad networks and let them reach in and place ads depending on what they determine our users are interested in.

If SE really wanted to shut us down, they could. Evidently they don't want to, because they may have judged our contribution to the game is net positive. That is, we take strain off their servers, help with player retention, and overall support their business model. We certainly hope so -- it's never been our intent to hurt their product in exchange for a quick payday. If it was worth their while financially to shut us down, they would.

As for some great RMT conspiracy, I must point out that Allakhazam, which enjoys close business ties with SquareEnix and is official community sponsors at their Fan Faires, was outright purchased by IGE in 2006. If SE doesn't have any problem with that one, I doubt they care about our little enterprise's RMT ads. We have repeatedly offered to engage in more official business relations with SE in the past, but have never gotten a response.

Also: the copyright notice at the bottom doesn't mean they approve of the site. It means we're respectful of their copyright and don't want to get sued for infringement. We're actually extremely respectful of their intellectual property and the balance of the game itself. There are dozens of features we have elected not to include in the site because it would give too much of a gameplay advantage to our users, and thus harm the game.

If we were evil Chinese RMT hackers just out to make a buck, we wouldn't care about any of that. So please take your crazy conspiracy theories and spurious allegations elsewhere.
 Bahamut.Valencea
Server: Bahamut
user: Valencea
By Bahamut.Valencea 2010-07-07 20:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The foot has been put down o.o;
 Caitsith.Surreal
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-07-07 20:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Please take your crazy conspiracy theories and spurious allegations elsewhere.

Now I'm tempted to watch "Conspiracy Theory" :O
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-07-07 20:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Icephase is the new badass on the block.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx icey phase xxxxxx and ***xxxxx
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-07-07 21:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol if you get rmt ads in the side bars and such, its cause you visit rmt sites. most of the ads i see are from ***i browse, ie ebay, newegg, cell provider. hell here lately ive had blank ad banners.

oh yeah, and why the hell does everyone think 14 is coming out this year. just because your local game store has the sku for the game dont mean ***. its there for preorder's only. seriously when has se ever put out a high profile game on time????
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-07-07 23:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the only thing our ad networks seem to think the FF11 demographic is more interested in than RMT is porn. If we were completely unscrupulous we'd allow that too. :3

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-07 23:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I love your site Jearik!!! Come here for fun and FF11 advice.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-07-07 23:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Price history boxes r borked Jaerik D8

No they aren't.

...sorry, I was trying my new Steve Jobs Approach To User Communications. Did it work? No? Damn.

We'll look into it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7