Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 36 37 38
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 21:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a 2 1/2 hour run earlier Luarania, 18-person mandragora cruor farming session, time extensions do exist just rare. Only 10 minutes extensions though.

Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-04 21:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

how can you possibly do a 2 1/2 hour run if the max is 120m? or am i mistaken?
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-07-04 21:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I am working on gathering info about the VNMs inside Abyssesa. I have fought the tier 1 VNMs in Tahrongi and La Theine. The La Theine is a Seether type monster called a Meditator and the Tahrongi is a Craver type monster called a Hungerer. I have not had an upgrade yet but I think it may be different to upgrade than other abyssite. I am working on what I think it may be and will post more info when I get it. They are very easy to kill.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-04 22:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nususu, they are the same..in a way.. my T2 Abyssite I got from T1 VNM in Merip Mountains, can detect Chesma in Highlands...

Edit: thats normal highlands, NOT INSIDE of abyssea itself
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 23:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Max entry initial time was 120 minutes I thought (Using tip Krizz gave earlier in thread). Pretty sure it was 2 1/2 but I may have remember the wrong start time. We did get quite a few extensions. Sorry for late reply, was doing another long run.
By morph1 2010-07-04 23:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ok not sure if ne1 has posted on how you pop chloris yet but my vnm ls just got the key item "chipped sandorm tooth" from an oversized gold chest . the chest was about 3 times the size of the typical ones you find. now we need to get the "overgrown mandy flower" and we will have a chloris pop set. should have some pics / drop list going up next week .
By Katalsar 2010-07-04 23:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Been spotting a lot of RMTs in area pulling vast amounts (5-7) of certain mobs particularly the Mandies for Thew Bomblet.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-04 23:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Off-topic but WOW, look at the treasure we got from this HUGE chest. Everyone was pretty anxious to see what was in.

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 00:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
A friend of mine told me of a thread on BG where some huge alliance got enough time extensions to go for like 5 hours netting huge amounts of xp and cruor
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-05 00:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

huge alliance? is that more than a NORMAL 18 person alliance? lol

but ya i get ya..if you're lucky enough to get 3x time extensions after putting in 4x stones..but that would be mad lucky to get 3 of those since i heard they are so rare
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 00:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well normally a full allaince for xp lvls mob is kinda huge lol
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-05 00:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Nususu, they are the same..in a way.. my T2 Abyssite I got from T1 VNM in Merip Mountains, can detect Chesma in Highlands...

Now that you mention it, I've been getting the VNM message while resting in normal highlands and didn't think anything of it. I have just a normal colorful abyssite, not one from Abyssea.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 00:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Now that you mention it, I've been getting the VNM message while resting in normal highlands and didn't think anything of it. I have just a normal colorful abyssite, not one from Abyssea.
Hmmm maybe have someone find it outside ahead of time and keep track of it to direct inside group?
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-05 01:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Hmmm maybe have someone find it outside ahead of time and keep track of it to direct inside group?

I think you'd have to go by landmarks, I believe Cair said the maps aren't identical on BG.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-05 01:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as I said, my abyssite was from Jeuno, not Abyssea, I have a couple T3 pops and a colorful, so I just saw the message and thought "I don't want to pop that", never considering that I'm in a zone that shouldn't have a pop lol. I think I'll get my rdm/nin duo on and go see if I can pop it tonight... *thinks about salvage and dynamis tonight* ...tomorrow.
 Pandemonium.Nususu
Server: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2010-07-05 01:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

To alleviate any confusion my post may have caused, I am referring to VNMs inside Abyssea. These are contacted via a Clear Demilune Abyssite, obtained from Cruor Prospector for 300 Cruor.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-05 01:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Max entry initial time was 120 minutes I thought (Using tip Krizz gave earlier in thread). Pretty sure it was 2 1/2 but I may have remember the wrong start time. We did get quite a few extensions. Sorry for late reply, was doing another long run.

How do you get extensions within abyssea? I've yet to see any, but heard they do exist.
 Shiva.Lorielain
Server: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-07-05 01:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
but seriously, who the *** wears a belt on their back?
Rambo.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-05 02:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Lorielain said:
Odin.Blazza said:
but seriously, who the *** wears a belt on their back?

Rambo.

QFT.. +1 for you sir lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-05 02:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Nususu said:
To alleviate any confusion my post may have caused, I am referring to VNMs inside Abyssea. These are contacted via a Clear Demilune Abyssite, obtained from Cruor Prospector for 300 Cruor.
Yeah, there's a little info on the VNM page on wiki now. So I can't be bothered popping the Konschtat one after all, it looks boring. As for the abyssea ones, I might wait until there's more info out on these or until I can reliably spend more time there somehow.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-07-05 03:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a 90m run in Abyssea-Highlands... got like 10k exp and 5k cruor doing nothing but morbols..had 2 cruor chests with 200 and 600, 1 exp chest, killed 2 empryeal limules that gave us 700 cruor combined....was a great run... 3x sam/nin 2x rdm/whm and 1x cor/whm and one drk/nin was a pick up group...VERY productive ^^ wound up getting perle pants and aurore pants ftw

so in short: those morbols are nasty but damn are they lucrative
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-05 08:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
I did a 2 1/2 hour run earlier Luarania, 18-person mandragora cruor farming session, time extensions do exist just rare. Only 10 minutes extensions though.
Ah thank you for that. Very interesting to see none the less.

The Stars is also interesting to see. Might try and do an extended run tonight for my LS.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-05 09:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The alliance that was mentioned on BG was in for 6 hours or so. They got extremely lucky with their time chests. Attempts to replicate it are being done. I personally am going to have my group do the same thing on Wednesday starting with 120 minutes to see how well we do in comparison.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-05 11:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok in case you guys didn't know, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT under any circumstances accept tractor inside abyssea. We went last night to kill the sandworm in Tahrongi. I went in with 119 minutes. Shortly before the sandworm died my pld went down and I took a tractor. Next thing I know I was warped to the beginning of the zone and told I had 5 minutes left. Got a raise, lost lot on vermeil bhuj, lost exp, no cruor for my time, and lost my 90+ minutes I had left. I went in today to double check, figuring maybe it would consider it as me warping out of the zone and store my time...nope. GM's didn't even bother to respond to me either. So no TRACTOR!

BTW my ls is 2/2 on vermeil bhuj drop.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-05 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

How do you get extensions within abyssea? I've yet to see any, but heard they do exist.

Sorry for late response, they're just a drop from chests from mobs. I can't remember what color sorry, I'm still unsure how almost anything works in there. I got an invite from a friend to get some crazy high cruor using a camp she read on BG and took it. I think her and her bf were talking about some factor to getting time from the specific color instead of something else, I'll ask them sometime today.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-05 13:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ok in case you guys didn't know, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT under any circumstances accept tractor inside abyssea. We went last night to kill the sandworm in Tahrongi. I went in with 119 minutes. Shortly before the sandworm died my pld went down and I took a tractor. Next thing I know I was warped to the beginning of the zone and told I had 5 minutes left. Got a raise, lost lot on vermeil bhuj, lost exp, no cruor for my time, and lost my 90 minutes I had left. I went in today to double check, figuring maybe it would consider it as me warping out of the zone and store my time...nope. GM's didn't even bother to respond to me either. So no TRACTOR!

BTW my ls is 2/2 on vermeil bhuj drop.

That's pretty stupid :( Thanks for the heads up.
 Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-05 15:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ashtonxiii said:
Think belt is dropped by a crab nm, I found this on 2ch:

05% haste belt anyway Abisea crab or NM

201 名前: 既にその名前は使われています 投稿日: 2010/06/27(日) 17:41:01 ID:iNPgAM3Y 201 Name: the name is already being used Posted: 2010/06/27 (Sun) 17:41:01 ID: iNPgAM3Y
海外サイトから拾ってきたぜ。 I'm starting to pick up from a foreign site.

1500 damage is invalidated by using the metal guard. 1500 damage is invalidated by using the metal guard.
The scissors guard decreases damage by 70% by practicing strong range magic. The scissors guard decreases damage by 70% by practicing strong range magic.
The spirits of the dead magic is effective. The spirits of the dead magic is effective.
Goading Belt was dropped. Goading Belt was dropped.

Goading Belt Goading Belt
[Waist] All Races [Waist] All Races
Haste +5% Store TP+5 Enmity+3 Haste +5% Store TP +5 Enmity +3

なぁん! Naa I! ? ? からドロップ確定臭いな。 A smell from

The Goading Belt drops from... a crab... that is weak to blu/magic/"spirits of the dead" magic in abyssea?

I don't see a crab on any of these three maps. Maybe the new kinda crab like clionid type mobs?
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-05 15:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@Darkshade talking about this crab?

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Fished up a NM crab at the rusty pond in la theine. His name was Nahn. Promptly killed me as DRG/BLU. Was hitting for 300 dmg w/ cocoon up.

Shiva.Darkshade
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-05 15:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ***.
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-05 15:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol well has anyone confirmed what this crab drops so far? (Besides itchiness) :D
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 36 37 38