Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea
Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 36 37 38
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-05 15:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Information on what pole/bait he was using? Is that the area at (F-6) in Abyssea - La Theine?

I have a 1:30 run tonight and we plan on farming cruor but if any solid info is posted maybe we can have like 16 people farming cruor near there while like 1-2 people try to fish that up.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-05 15:52:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:
lol well has anyone confirmed what this crab drops so far? (Besides itchiness) :D
Nguul
Mavi Scarf
By Cairthenn 2010-07-05 15:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ok in case you guys didn't know, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT under any circumstances accept tractor inside abyssea. We went last night to kill the sandworm in Tahrongi. I went in with 119 minutes. Shortly before the sandworm died my pld went down and I took a tractor. Next thing I know I was warped to the beginning of the zone and told I had 5 minutes left. Got a raise, lost lot on vermeil bhuj, lost exp, no cruor for my time, and lost my 90 minutes I had left. I went in today to double check, figuring maybe it would consider it as me warping out of the zone and store my time...nope. GM's didn't even bother to respond to me either. So no TRACTOR!

BTW my ls is 2/2 on vermeil bhuj drop.

Gotta love stupidity. Think before you speak.

1) If you zone you lose visitant status.
2) If you don't have visitant status you are removed from the main part zone and placed at the entrance.

Those two are a consequence of game mechanics. The remainder is a consequence of your own stupidity.

3) You left the zone and reentered. You must reobtain visitant status or your remaining time is lost.
4) You did not obtain visitant and left the zone. Your remaining time is lost.

Now that it's cleared up, stop freaking out like a child.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
Server: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-05 15:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Bahamut.Satanas said:
lol well has anyone confirmed what this crab drops so far? (Besides itchiness) :D
Nguul
Mavi Scarf

Thank you.
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-07-05 16:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a picture with Chipped Sandworm Tooth as a key item drop. Can anyone confirm which mob it came off?
 Sylph.Pwrlessgirl
Server: Sylph
user: Pwrless
By Sylph.Pwrlessgirl 2010-07-05 16:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Alexander.Trixan said:
Question, I just did abyssea for 1:30 and I ended up with 1100 Cruour. Is that bad :/ if so any ways to improve? We had 6 man but we didn't level sync.(That may be the problem lol)
its kills and re pops that give cruour, not lvl, work on getting a alliance in WG first, making a dedicated chest opener and mass kill one set one mobs for the whole time after 30-40 minutes, the chests will start giving more crouor, you want to keep this going until every other chest is 200-1000 cruour. the faster they die the faster they re pop

Make up an alliance of 18 people (WHM with Baraera, /wait 4 Barsleepra) macro and also curaga lvl.1 separate macro. Put a whm in each pt then everyone else is DD's or a refresher here and there. There's a fairy camp we went located in pond area H-7, there we killed Farfadet (a fairy) and the Bada Yaga NM over and over again. The NM can be poped every 5 minutes with a Peacious Scale from Farfadet. The NM will drop 700Xp/150Cr and the more you kill you can top 1300XP/472+Cr. We killed about 10+ NMs along with 3-5 Farfadet in between @ 50Cr each. Is a decent 4-5k cruor farming per 90Mins. My last run I had 1700Cr and ended up with 8000Cr.
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-07-05 16:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what second run was, but did 2 18 person alliance runs yesterday on mandragoras in canyon, didn't pop NM at all. First run was 13000 cruor. After both runs I left with 6 1/2 merits too xD
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-05 19:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cairthenn said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Ok in case you guys didn't know, DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT under any circumstances accept tractor inside abyssea. We went last night to kill the sandworm in Tahrongi. I went in with 119 minutes. Shortly before the sandworm died my pld went down and I took a tractor. Next thing I know I was warped to the beginning of the zone and told I had 5 minutes left. Got a raise, lost lot on vermeil bhuj, lost exp, no cruor for my time, and lost my 90 minutes I had left. I went in today to double check, figuring maybe it would consider it as me warping out of the zone and store my time...nope. GM's didn't even bother to respond to me either. So no TRACTOR! BTW my ls is 2/2 on vermeil bhuj drop.
Gotta love stupidity. Think before you speak. 1) If you zone you lose visitant status. 2) If you don't have visitant status you are removed from the main part zone and placed at the entrance. Those two are a consequence of game mechanics. The remainder is a consequence of your own stupidity. 3) You left the zone and reentered. You must reobtain visitant status or your remaining time is lost. 4) You did not obtain visitant and left the zone. Your remaining time is lost. Now that it's cleared up, stop freaking out like a child.

Seriously...wtf with the personal attack?

I'm trying to keep people from making the same mistake and all that happens is douche-baggery from you.

I got a raise before I was automatically thrown out of the zone and talked to the npc before being warped out. There were no options to retain visitant status. Just to make it clear.

I understand all this had similar consequences to being tractored in besieged or campaign.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-05 19:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I think this is well known info, but we did a short run out to the pond in la theine today. One guy fished while the rest of us killed flies. Nahn NM (kite-able but didn't take much damage from anything- we weren't prepared) was fished up. However we did fish up some sentinel crabs. 1 of them dropped a rusty shield. I was able to synergize it no problem into a gleaming shield (im level 60 synergy).

Think we were using composite rod and sabiki rig.

Gleaming shield is not etch-able. After we get a few more we're going to try to augment them.

And yes, it looks like a boring old palmerin's or terror shield...so much for bling.
 Cerberus.Nostylin
Server: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2010-07-05 21:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Satanas said:

STD's
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-05 21:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Goading belt, like the Attack/Acc+15, DoubleAtk+1 belt, likely drops from the TII zone boss in either Tahrongi or La Theine. I don't think it drops from that crab.

So far, the specific setup for drops seems to be as far as prespawned TI's are concerned.

item1 (usually a multi job item, or weapon)
item2 (JSE accessory, triggered by the same means as Atma drop)
item3 Magian Upgrade item
Item4 Magian Upgrade item
Item5 Synthesis Material

Key Item: Force Pop (Used to access a TII)
Key Item: Atma Soul (After triggering atma Surge, low chance to obtain)
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 21:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean Anguinus Belt or Goading Belt
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-05 21:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Sorry, what I mean is Like the Anguinus Belt, which drops from the TII Mob Kukuklan (KKK AMIRITE?!) Goading Belt probably drops from Briareus or Megadrile, the bosses of Tahrongi and La Theine. I do not believe it drops from a T1, I've killed all, multiple times, even triggering atma surge status and seen nothing but the 5 slots load at best for any (Discounting key items)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 21:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the atma stuff anyways. Couldn't find ***about it on wiki
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-05 21:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
What is the atma stuff anyways. Couldn't find ***about it on wiki

Atma is a key item you obtain after triggering something unofficially dubbed "Atma Surge" status on a monster. It allows an Atma Infusionist to enhance you with the power of the monster you obtained the Atma from. Benefits vary greatly, but as an example, the Gnole NM, if you obtain "Atma of the Baying Moon" from it, you can have it fashioned into a Massive Attack bonus and Magic Attack bonus effect for you while you explore Abyssea. Unkown how long it lasts, and if you need another atma after using, or just to use more Cruor.

More importantly however, triggering Atma Surge status causes unique treasure to drop (Likely the JSE's as we've only seen things like Orison Cape, Goetia chain, and such, after triggering) from the monster affected.

Atma Surge can be triggered by striking the target with the correct damage type until a powerful debilitating status effect is given. The 3 damage types mentioned by Ingame NPC's are Physical Weapon Skill, Magic Weapon Skill and Magic Attack. Preliminary testing, while far from conclusive, seems to indicate Ranged and Pet damage does not count to triggering Atma Surge, but the jury is still out as we gain more knowledge and develop a larger sample base.

Atma debilitation can be noticed in any number of ways, but are usually a very drastic change in monster behavior, Bakka's Blizzard V's may no longer penetrate shadows, Rashovnik may no longer use Soothing Aroma, Chukwa may lose a large portion of his defense, Mangy-Tailed Marvin's attack may be severely hampered, Piasa may be given a powerful Gravity effect. You will generally Know atma surge has happened, simply by the sudden change in difficulty.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 21:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So these surges generally only happen from the nms? Is it all the nms?

And after you get the key item, you don't have to go the infusionist then right? You can like do it on the next run so it benefits you more and lose less time?

Just how much striking of the right dmg type you have to do typically?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-05 21:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
So these surges generally only happen from the nms? Is it all the nms?

And after you get the key item, you don't have to go the infusionist then right? You can like do it on the next run so it benefits you more and lose less time?

Just how much striking of the right dmg type you have to do typically?

Every NM, prespawned and Forced, seems to have a corresponding Atma. There are a few unaccounted for in the list of Atma souls, I can only Assume these are for the undsicovered/Fought Elasmoth, Purbol and Iratham.

To obtain, and use an Atma, you first need the key item Lunar Abyssite, which allows you to be imbued with one Atma, it is likely you can be imbued with up to three, after killing Briareus, Kukuklan and Megadrile (Each yields a key item, Lunar Abyssite). You however do not need Lunar Abyssite to trigger Atma Surge.

Generally, Surge can happen as soon as you strike it with the corresponding damage, I've used Bora Axe to pull Bakka, and more than once, he became weighed down dramatically, allowing an Easy pull to the Martello to fight. Each of those times a Goetia Chain dropped as well. Bora Axe did 12 damage.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-05 21:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn sounds interesting
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-05 22:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mangy-tailed Marvin and his wild carrots can go diaf. Didn't even put out when we finally killed.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-06 00:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So still no one saying what good bait is. I've been using robber rig and a rather large amount of things bite on it. Things that really shouldn't.

I just tried and sure enough first try pulled up the NM and it apparently has true sound. Interestingly was fairly easy to kite if I hadnt been like 39hp when I started and wasn't /sch.

Pulled up a couple of mobs and they despawn way way faster than normal. Anyone know if they mobs are worth killing? Like drop items?

So far after about 80 min of fishing I've gotten only 5 items /sigh so yeah doesn't seem all that worthwhile.

Also I've caught 2 different fish that I can't find. I'm guessing they are new but no one has really bothered to put info on them. Only place I can find that actually shows them is here and well no info just that a couple of have sold
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-06 08:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Das, nobody has really posted what bait they were using to catch the items reliably. After the reward nerf, nobody really cares anymore, tbh.

How long did it take you to catch the NM?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-06 08:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I caught the nm on the very first cast lol. If I could get a decent bite rate this might be worthwhile. As is I still go 500 cruor for hardly any work. Well not counting the 2 shinies that wandered next to me lol

Also these new fish may be useful idk
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-06 09:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I caught the nm on the very first cast lol. If I could get a decent bite rate this might be worthwhile. As is I still go 500 cruor for hardly any work. Well not counting the 2 shinies that wandered next to me lol

Also these new fish may be useful idk
The new fish are quest related from what I've seen. Not completely sure. I think there are actually a couple that no use has been found for yet so people are holding on to them.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-06 10:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Known Abyssea drops:
Item NM
adler ring Mangy-tailed Marvin
afflictors Carabosse
anguinus belt Kukulkan
aoidos' belt Megamaw Mikey
Artemis' medal Cannered Noz
auric dagger Cuelebre
bale belt Manananggal
barcarolle medal Poroggo Dom Juan
bersail cap Sacrophilus
bifrost ring Vetehinen
blason ring Siranpa-Kamuy
cavaros mantle Raskovnik
cirque necklace Keesha Poppo
clout boots Guimauve
corvus torque Manananggal
creed collar Chukwa
danzo sune-ate Eccentric Eve
eisen grip Yearner
estoqueur's collar Adze
ferine mantle Raskovnik
fortis mantle Trudging Thomas
glyph axe Bakka
goading belt Lacovie
goetia chain Bakka
graiai earring Bloodguzzler
hakke hachimaki Briareus
harmony cape Hadhayosh
Hecate's Crown Fear Gorta
heafoc mitts Ruminator
hero's galea Lacovie
Hoard ring Alectryon
hochomasamune Ruminator
iga erimaki Gangly Gean
impulse belt Adze
inmicus cuisses Briareus
issen hachimaki Chloris
kensho hachimaki Ruminator
lancer's torque Chasmic Hornet
libeccio mantle Brooder
lithe boots Muscaliet
ludic mitts Chloris
maestria mask Abas
matre bragezenn Hadhayosh
mavi scarf Nahn
mesmeric cape Alkonost
metanoia ring Treble Noctules
missile boots Lentor
navarch's choker Piasa
nguul Nahn
noesis helm Gangly Gean
Nusku's sash Karkinos
ocelot gloves Eccentric Eve
odium ring Keratyrannos
orison cape Mangy-tailed Marvin
ost cerveliere Hedetat
pedant cape Ashtaerth the Gallvexed
plaga scythe Megamaw Mikey
praeda sabatons Balaur
ravager's gorget Balaur
rokugo hachimaki Fistule
ryoshi hachimaki Carabosse
saika hachimaki Lacovie
salvus mantle Clingy Clare
savant's treatise Guimauve
searing sash Arimaspi
seigneur shield Piasa
senshin hachimaki Eccentric Eve
sentry belt Tefenet
serpentes cuffs Mictlantecuhtli
serpentes sabots Brooder
shitotsu hachimaki Karkinos
shunten hachimaki Kukulkan
siege bow Chukwa
sunbeam belt Hexenpilz
susurrus gauntlets Depths Digester
susurrus sabatons Keesha Poppo
sylvan scarf Minhocoa
tantra necklace Cuelebre
terebellum mantle Chasmic Hornet
Tiresias' cape Halimede
theurgia clogs Depths Digester
thew bomblet Gancanagh
Thiazi's belt Bombadeel
varangian helm Khalamari
vermeil bhuj Minhocoa
wicca subligar Olphanim
witchstone Lachrymater

Last Updated: July 26th, 2010 @ 1530 CST.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-07-06 12:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Mangy-tailed Marvin and his wild carrots can go diaf. Didn't even put out when we finally killed.
Strategy used? I'm assuming small amount of DDs on with /nin and 1-2 tanks PLD/nin and the rest ranged damage? We wiped at 56% yesterday but were feeding it way too much TP and our front-line was mostly not subbing /nin.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-06 12:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the gear list above. Now includes links to the NMs that drop.

@Darkshade:
I won't use this setup again, but it was
WHM/BLM
PLD/NIN
WAR/NIN
RDM/DRK

BLU/NIN
BRD/NIN
SAM/NIN
By Enzoe 2010-07-06 12:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap!

Was in my first full alliance abyssea run last night. I told my wife 90 minutes cuz it was a 3 stone run and she had to peel me off after 3 straight hours of grinding, I didn't want to leave, there was still an hour left.

That right, a 90 minute run that still had an hour left after 3 hours. Time extensions in there drop as often as xp and crour boosts from chests. I really wish I could of stayed hehe. I'll be back in^^

While in there for a few by the time I left early we had gathered well over 100k experience. I went blm 77-80. Also I have no idea how much crour, anyplace 6-10k, maybe more than 10k havent checked yet but I saw alot of crour +1000 from chests.

This abyssea is the best way of xp I have yet to see in the game, best yet it was a full alliance lvl 80 xp rate. Also the mob drop more and more xp as you kill them. When I started they were dropping 100xp each, by the time I left 380 xp was dropping like rain from each mob. Same mobs the whole time, even same spot. Our whm was full time popping chests with help from other mages.

Dust off your 75s, they will be 80 soon. One more note, .5 skillups even though I was blue skilled 76. .4s and .5s.

Have fun!

Abyssea pwns!

Diabolos.Fallfromgrace
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Fallfromgrace 2010-07-07 11:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

How many went with you and did you stick to killing one kind of mob?

Edit: Meant to be a reply to Enzoe, reply button fail. ><
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-07 11:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the above list.

New adds are:

Item NM
Iga Erimaki Gangly Gean
Rokugo Hachimaki Fistule
Salvus Mantle Clingy Clare
Theurgia Clogs Depths Digester

Debating on if I should start a new thread for the rewards list so it can be an updated OP and not get lost.

Edit: Or just another Abyssea thread in general so I can post my consolidated info in the OP for those afraid of BG.
By Icephase 2010-07-07 18:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
There is a picture with Chipped Sandworm Tooth as a key item drop. Can anyone confirm which mob it came off?
Not really sure but all the mobs drop related key items for
popping the nm's in the region.

ie.. a mandy nm in the mandy region etc..of tarongi abysea

etc etc

I know there are worms in la theine abysea past the sheep.on left side of mountain.. so assume the worms drop the item for the nm in that area??
its usually a ??? trade item to spawn nm.
we did the mandy nm last night and only just survived in an alliance .. 5 minute kill though and it didnt drop the them bomblet :(
So im guessing the tooth is for the worm nm in the worm area?
ice xx
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 36 37 38