Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 36 37 38
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-03 18:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Do those keys work on the random chest that are lieing around?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-07-03 18:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Do those keys work on the random chest that are lieing around?
They'll work on most chests laying around, only used one so far though.
Not sure what they do if it's a mimic. Came across my first mimic chest the other day, it definitely looks different than the others. Didn't have a key. Although the mimic chest don't let you examine them or anything, so highly doubt it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-03 18:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the ones that are just lieing around were the mimic ones. Meh
 Midgardsormr.Soki
Server: Midgardsormr
user: soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-03 19:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

you're a mimic one. Meh
 Alexander.Trixan
Server: Alexander
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-07-03 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, I just did abyssea for 1:30 and I ended up with 1100 Cruour. Is that bad :/ if so any ways to improve? We had 6 man but we didn't level sync.(That may be the problem lol)
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-03 20:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Trixan said:
Question, I just did abyssea for 1:30 and I ended up with 1100 Cruour. Is that bad :/ if so any ways to improve? We had 6 man but we didn't level sync.(That may be the problem lol)

its kills and re pops that give cruour, not lvl,
work on getting a alliance in WG first, making a dedicated chest opener and mass kill one set one mobs for the whole time
after 30-40 minutes, the chests will start giving more crouor, you want to keep this going until every other chest is 200-1000 cruour. the faster they die the faster they re pop
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-03 20:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
you're a mimic one. Meh
/cry
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-03 20:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the fishing abyssea la theine anyone tried using a Rogue Rig to fish up these items?

This lure is designed to fish up more items than fish. I'm thinking about going in there with my halcyon rod/ rogue rig and see how the results come up. However, I'm in an abyssea ls now so... I don't know when I can test this. Does anyone else want to try and test it?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-03 20:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The highest cruor I got from a chest was a blue one we randomly found up when we went to kill gigas in La Theine. The next chest we stumbled up was a mimic. That went bad.

I thought mimics aggrod. Uri ran up to it, and didn't get smacked around. I thought it was safe. Bad mistake.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-03 20:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tristean said:
As for the fishing abyssea la theine anyone tried using a Rogue Rig to fish up these items?

This lure is designed to fish up more items than fish. I'm thinking about going in there with my halcyon rod/ rogue rig and see how the results come up. However, I'm in an abyssea ls now so... I don't know when I can test this. Does anyone else want to try and test it?
A lot of people aren't bothering with the fishing up items since SE has nerfed the rewards for them.
 Alexander.Trixan
Server: Alexander
user: Trixan
By Alexander.Trixan 2010-07-03 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'm gonna go make my own ls :P
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-03 20:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
The highest cruor I got from a chest was a blue one we randomly found up when we went to kill gigas in La Theine. The next chest we stumbled up was a mimic. That went bad.

I thought mimics aggrod. Uri ran up to it, and didn't get smacked around. I thought it was safe. Bad mistake.

so you are finding blue chests, they arnt dropping from mobs?
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-03 20:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

another heads up, i had 2 stones on me
get a 3rd
went in today for 90 minutes, left at 10 minutes left,
went and got another 3 stones, went back in and set to 100 minutes, left that time at 30 left
got another 3 stones and went back in for 120 minutes, so when does it stop storing back ups, can i not do it for 30 days then get 34 stones?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-03 20:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mule fishing still sounds like not a bad idea
 Midgardsormr.Soki
By Midgardsormr.Soki 2010-07-03 20:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Mule fishing still sounds like not a bad idea

need to be lvl 30,
scratch that, quests are 30
Level Requirement

* Players must be level 30 or above to participate in Vision of Abyssea Quests, but quests are made for level 75+.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-03 20:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you already have to be lvl 20 to fish more than 10 a day anyways. Another 10 lvls isn't that much.
 Asura.Tristean
Server: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-03 22:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason why it's not good to fish now besides the fact that it got nerfed is that the rate at which you fish up items isn't that great from what I'm seeing. If you were to use an item lure that targets items rather than fish, then the amount of cruor received would be similiar to that before the nerf on it.

Just a theory anyway; I wouldn't throw something out the door until it's been tested.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-04 07:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Soki said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

so you are finding blue chests, they arnt dropping from mobs?
They drop as well, but you'll find chests of all colors laying around as well. Brown/goldish chests are mimics though if they don't drop from a mob.
Midgardsormr.Soki said:
another heads up, i had 2 stones on me
get a 3rd
went in today for 90 minutes, left at 10 minutes left,
went and got another 3 stones, went back in and set to 100 minutes, left that time at 30 left
got another 3 stones and went back in for 120 minutes, so when does it stop storing back ups, can i not do it for 30 days then get 34 stones?
The max the NPC will hold is currently unknown. I've received 5 stones in one day more than once.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-07-04 08:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

krizz is there an item list on drops in there?

Like the r/ex gear? most gear I see is rare no r/ex and I see a lot of gear in there.

I assumed echo's dropped some of those nice r/ex parts and I do not know what other nms were released with the update.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-04 09:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
krizz is there an item list on drops in there?

Like the r/ex gear? most gear I see is rare no r/ex and I see a lot of gear in there.

I assumed echo's dropped some of those nice r/ex parts and I do not know what other nms were released with the update.
I'm missing 3-4 drops off that list, atm. Haven't updated it yet.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 09:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
/mindblown
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-04 10:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

MND+6 on back is nice, especially for blu and rdm (I assume whm would be more inclined with the cure potency back), but seriously, who the *** wears a belt on their back?
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-04 13:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizz, I saw an Ultion Mantle (the +2 counter back) on the AH on my server and the seller said he got it off a Sheep NM in La Theine. No idea if this has been confirmed anywhere else yet.

PS: Has anyone here defeated Chukwa? And if so can you give me some information?

Are level 80's required or just suggested?

Does it act more like Aspid or Genbu?

Can it be easily debuff'd, most interested in silence?

How long does it take to kill?

Any info on drop rates or respawn timer?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-04 14:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Krizz, I saw an Ultion Mantle (the 2 counter back) on the AH on my server and the seller said he got it off a Sheep NM in La Theine. No idea if this has been confirmed anywhere else yet.

PS: Has anyone here defeated Chukwa? And if so can you give me some information?

Aye, another piece I knew about that I hadn't added to the list yet. It's annoying when the only reference to a piece by name is a SS. Harder to run searches for them.

BG said:
Chukwa was pretty easy. It's in the middle of turtle land toward Meriphataud and the surrounding turtles aggro. After pulling it will immediately go into shell and not chase tanks. It'll pop out of shell to use Tortoise Stomp and Mighty Strikes. When it uses Mighty Strikes, it comes out for about 30-45 seconds at which time it takes full damage and will also chase tanks. Use this opportunity to pull it out of the *** of turtles it spawns in. Can use Waterga V, Stonega V, Flood II and Quake II. A poorly timed ga V into Turtle Stomp will probably kill a PLD, which happens pretty frequently at low HP. Again, this NM was pretty easy and half of the alliance timed out at like 30%.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-07-04 14:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

from the current trend of things all the gear you buy with curor will be cheaper than 30-50k each within a week, so the only stuff there gona be worth farming/getting is from the NM drops.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-04 14:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So uh, a friend of mine told me that time chests were discovered in the canyon, and this was posted on BG / KI. Anyone able to confirm that?

In case you haven't noticed I try to avoid BG like the plague ._.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-04 14:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Krizz, I saw an Ultion Mantle (the 2 counter back) on the AH on my server and the seller said he got it off a Sheep NM in La Theine. No idea if this has been confirmed anywhere else yet.

Have defeated this NM twice with linkshell so far. It behaves much more like Aspido than Genbu. It seems to be earth-based, because thunder-based stuns were resisted. It does cast both earth-based nukes and water-based nukes. It hides in its shell, and when in the shell, it resists damage of all types. Once outside the shell, it usually uses Mighty Strikes and goes after whoever has hate. It can be kited; there's lots of terrain near Martello-4. Distortion/Darkness skillchain with ice-based magic burst damage was successful, when the NM is outside its shell. Melee should avoid standing or attacking from the front of the NM, as its TP moves tend to be frontal/conal. Depending on player level and skill, could probably take this NM down with as few as 3-4 BLMs/SCHs, but adding a PLD, refresher, skillchain-maker, and WHM would be best (total 8-10 75+ players).
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-04 14:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the pre-requisites to do the fishing quest in la theine?

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Have defeated this NM twice with linkshell so far. It behaves much more like Aspido than Genbu. It seems to be earth-based, because thunder-based stuns were resisted. It does cast both earth-based nukes and water-based nukes. It hides in its shell, and when in the shell, it resists damage of all types. Once outside the shell, it usually uses Mighty Strikes and goes after whoever has hate. It can be kited; there's lots of terrain near Martello-4. Distortion/Darkness skillchain with ice-based magic burst damage was successful, when the NM is outside its shell. Melee should avoid standing or attacking from the front of the NM, as its TP moves tend to be frontal/conal. Depending on player level and skill, could probably take this NM down with as few as 3-4 BLMs/SCHs, but adding a PLD, refresher, skillchain-maker, and WHM would be best (total 8-10 75 players).

Thanks for the info this was really helpful ^^!

I take it you couldn't silence him tho?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-07-04 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gira: I wasn't on RDM, but I don't think anyone was landing Silence on him. Give it a try! But don't count on Silence.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-04 17:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to point out that all stuns are techincally thunder based though some like jas are alot more accurate
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 36 37 38