Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-13 09:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Where are the Tonberries in Konschtat? Not seeing them on the map on wiki :3
Near the zone to pashow. So I got mine in about 6 solo kills... which even with deaths took like maybe 15 min. But doing it with a group of 8 took like 30 min to kill only 20-30 and I think we only got one lol. If you are a good solo job this is so much easier/faster to get solo

What did ya solo them on? Was ya sleep nuking? Did ya straight fight them as something? Saw them up and killed a few yesterday with ls but no key item, thinking of going in and killing some solo but they started getting rough quick with my ls.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2010-08-13 09:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyysea is tiny. In 120 mins, I've burned through 17-18 NMS in one zone, and there was nothing else to do save for popping stuff and hitting the higher tiers.

I can't wait for the next expansion.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-13 11:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Where are the Tonberries in Konschtat? Not seeing them on the map on wiki :3
Near the zone to pashow. So I got mine in about 6 solo kills... which even with deaths took like maybe 15 min. But doing it with a group of 8 took like 30 min to kill only 20-30 and I think we only got one lol. If you are a good solo job this is so much easier/faster to get solo
What did ya solo them on? Was ya sleep nuking? Did ya straight fight them as something? Saw them up and killed a few yesterday with ls but no key item, thinking of going in and killing some solo but they started getting rough quick with my ls.
blm. Mostly just gravity kiting though they do run fast lol
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-08-13 13:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are the tonberries different sizes? o.o Got little ones and big ol' fat ones D:
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2010-08-13 13:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

allot mobs are like that in aby, diff sizes give diff exp/cruor
 Hades.Eliane
Server: Hades
user: Eliane
By Hades.Eliane 2010-08-13 13:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Why are the tonberries different sizes? o.o Got little ones and big ol' fat ones D:

Every mob group has 2 sizes, big ones and small ones. They are part of the same family but both have different exp/cruor amounts and during exp, both build up seperately.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-13 13:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Eliane said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:

Every mob group has 2 sizes, big ones and small ones. They are part of the same family but both have different exp/cruor amounts and during exp, both build up seperately.

Not *every* Abyssea mob group has two sizes. But many of them do.
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2010-08-13 18:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Being in Abyssea I've noticed sometimes when i check chests I become stuck to it or bound near it. Does this happen to anyone else? this happened to me twice now and the only way to get it off is to log.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-08-15 18:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Random thought--Will people ever shorten Abyssea to "ABC"? It kinda sounds like it!

....kinda!

._.; None of my lsmates thought it was quite that witty. Thought I'd try it here....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-08-15 18:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-08-15 18:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Random thought--Will people ever shorten Abyssea to "ABC"? It kinda sounds like it!

....kinda!

._.; None of my lsmates thought it was quite that witty. Thought I'd try it here....

Depending on how you pronounce it, I could possibly see that.

Since this thread has been bumped, I might as well ask.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Guimauve

Has anyone seen and/or fought this NM? A couple of friends and I have tried looking for this NM on 3 occasions, nothing at all. Just please don't tell me this one is a lottery spawn.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-08-15 18:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:

....kinda!

People who call it "Ab-Ih-C" might, but those of us who call it Abyssea would not.

ABC are these anyway.
Lol, true. Just thought to keep up with the three-letter endgame abbreviation of Sky, Sea, Ein, etc. :3

-edit- Oh, and I pronounce it "abyss-sea" as I'm assuming it's a portmanteau of those two words.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-15 18:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SE is calling it A-BI-SE-A. So I think "Ah-bi-sea-ah" is more accurate maybe than ""Ah-bi-sea".
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-08-15 19:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh! I totally didn't know that! I've never seen the katakana-ization. Thanks Schutz :D I suppose if it were "Ah-bi-sea" then it would be more like "アビシー"?
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-15 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:

SE is calling it A-BI-SE-A. So I think "Ah-bi-sea-ah" is more accurate maybe than ""Ah-bi-sea".

It is Ab-yss-eee-ah
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-15 19:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:

It is Ab-yss-eee-ah

Or maybe "Ah-Bee-SAY-ah" LOL That sounds terrible, though. :p
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-08-15 19:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

XD It does, but it's the most accurate if we're going strictly by the Japanese pronunciation.

Then again, we don't say "A-SU-KAA GA-N-BI-EH-RA-SU" or whatevs. XD
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-15 19:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but at least knowing the kanji versions gives some insight onto some of the more difficult names in FFXI (aside from "Abyssea" LOL) like "Pso'Xja" and "Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi". :p

Even typical places like "Castle Oztroja" where the pronunciation seems intuitive, have surprising renderings in kanji. :p
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-15 20:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting Note. Atma's work for pets. Recently (just a few hours ago) got Atma of the Voracious Violet, and Dipper Yuly recieved Regain (+2TP tic +1 more from Glyph Axe so 3/tic) when the Atma was Activated.

Also gained the Double attack job trait upon activating the Atma, along with myself.. Broken buff is borked, and one can assume the massive (+50) STR bonus as well is shared.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-08-16 01:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to get more than 600 exp per kill? I know someone said they made 650 per kill. Is it because they were doing it fast or have some kind of luck with a million golden light chests?
 Bahamut.Ivve
Server: Bahamut
user: ivve
By Bahamut.Ivve 2010-08-16 01:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly an atma that boosts max EXP cap? I don't see that on wiki, but wiki is also lacking some information on abyssea at this point. Idk, I've heard different mobs have different caps also. What was the person receiving 650exp/mob killing?
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-16 02:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Is it possible to get more than 600 exp per kill? I know someone said they made 650 per kill. Is it because they were doing it fast or have some kind of luck with a million golden light chests?

There is an Abyssite that grants an Exp bonus, I believe it comes from Chasmic Hornet. (10%)

So 650 is right around what you'd expect in that case.

There certainly is no atma for it, and even if there was, you would be better off getting something like Atma of the Baying Moon or Atma of the Voracious Violet.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-16 02:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe this? http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scarlet_Abyssite_of_Perspicacity
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-08-16 02:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

There is an Abyssite that grants an Exp bonus, I believe it comes from Chasmic Hornet. (10%)

So 650 is right around what you'd expect in that case.

There certainly is no atma for it, and even if there was, you would be better off getting something like Atma of the Baying Moon or Atma of the Voracious Violet.

Now that's made sense. Thanks
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-08-16 03:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Random thought--Will people ever shorten Abyssea to "ABC"? It kinda sounds like ! ....kinda! ._.; None of my lsmates thought it was quite that witty. Thought I'd try it here....
I'm thinking people have adopted and stuck with "Aby", but your attempt has been acknowledged, accepted, processed, and filed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-18 23:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Might be a stupid question but what does the "!!" do on NMs?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-23 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

There's several more confirmed drops from Abyssea NMs since the last time this thread was updated: most notably, but not limited to, the Augur's set.

Krizz, are you still working on the confirmed drops list?
Or has it been reposted elsewhere?
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-08-23 10:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Might be a stupid question but what does the "!!" do on NMs?

You're exploiting the NM's weakness. Sometimes it makes it weaker, or rages it... also

Atma
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38