Forum » FFXI » General » UNNACEPTABLE!
UNNACEPTABLE!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got asked to s/i someone through Ullegrande range because they didn't have sneak or inviz items because "They've got really expensive recently, I couldn't care less"

I was BRD/WHM. I refused, and was subsequently called an elitist.

No.

Never.

Not even slightly.

If you don't want to get s/i items, then gtfo.

Would you say not s/i a sam/drg (drg was level 29) and telling him to get the items is elitism?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 01:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

IT'S HIS 12.95

HOW DARE YOU
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
IT'S HIS 12.95

HOW DARE YOU

Now I feel bad for letting things kill him :(
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 01:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

he plays to have fun, don't tell him how to play

(apparently spending quality time with the dirt is fun for some people)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
Server: Cerberus
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-06-08 01:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahahahaha, my god xD, i bet he didnt even ask u nicely xD, normally, if you arnt a mage job you DD/nin and can S/I if needed :/, just wht job combo was he? :P
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
hahahahahaha, my god xD, i bet he didnt even ask u nicely xD, normally, if you arnt a mage job you DD/nin and can S/I if needed :/, just wht job combo was he? :P

sam75/drg29

he asked for s/i from me in /tell but I didn't reply because I assumed it wasn't meant for me, then he asked why I was ignoring him. And apparently I'm "Never gonna play end game again" because his "brother is leader of the best end game shell on shiva" when I asked what end game shell he didn't say.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 01:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I know this won't go over well merely becasue of who you are, and I've never really had a problem with you (just opposite)

But being BRD/WHM and refusing to s/i through the area is pretty much the very definition of an asshat/elitist..

I've met a few people like that in the game, you know what else they refused to do? Pull in a merit pt, debuff in general, or give Mage's Ballad, when I'm the only healer, and the only thing standing in the way of everybody dying (*** that DD supperiorty complex, if it weren't for people like me keeping your *** alive to begin with, you'd be dead in about 30 seconds flat.. for most things anyways. So I can't at it alone, I can still make my exit even if I did ~conviently~ forget to bring a warp...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-06-08 01:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Er, on topic though--Whenever I forgot s/i while exping on PLD, I would always ask the mage apologetically. It's like not bringing Echo Drops to your imp party--sure, the WHM has Silena, but you're ultimately responsible for keeping yourself alive.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Yeah, I know this won't go over well merely becasue of who you are, and I've never really had a problem with you (just opposite)

But being BRD/WHM and refusing to s/i through the area is pretty much the very definition of an asshat/elitist..

I've met a few people like that in the game, you know what else they refused to do? Pull in a merit pt, debuff in general, or give Mage's Ballad, when I'm the only healer, and the only thing standing in the way of everybody dying (*** that DD supperiorty complex, if it weren't for people like me keeping your *** alive to begin with, you'd be dead in about 30 seconds flat.. for most things anyways. So I can't at it alone, I can still make my exit even if I did ~conviently~ forget to bring a warp...

When I have no time to double ballad myself, 200 mp and s/i is necessary to keep on myself, I haven't got the MP or time to hold someones hand when having s/i items is a basic provision. It's not like I wouldn't raise him because he wasn't using a reraise earring or something, but just no.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 01:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There are my opinions on the matter, so go ahead and start rating me down/flaming me..

Just fyi to everyone, I've never been the type to be at work, see someone slacking behind and refuse to do something just because it's not in my job description..

I work there, it's my job, ***it's my job to get up there and count the money and take it to the bank if I'm told do so..

If you don't like your role/job, then quit, otherwise, sit there stfu and do your job.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are my opinions on the matter, so go ahead and start rating me down/flaming me..

Just fyi to everyone, I've never been the type to be at work, see someone slacking behind and refuse to do something just because it's not in my job description..

I work there, it's my job, ***it's my job to get up there and count the money and take it to the bank if I'm told do so..

If you don't like your role/job, then quit, otherwise, sit there stfu and do your job.

It isn't my job to sneak and invis people through a horrible zone which will likely get me hate when all he needs to do is buy s/i items.

It's my job to buff, debuff and support heal.
[+]
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-06-08 01:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
sam75/drg29 he asked for s/i from me in /tell but I didn't reply because I assumed it wasn't meant for me, then he asked why I was ignoring him. And apparently I'm "Never gonna play end game again" because his "brother is leader of the best end game shell on shiva" when I asked what end game shell he didn't say.
Then after tht remark i can see y u didnt xD, but seriously? elitist? please..... he sounds like the elitist ; ;
[+]
 Seraph.Zagarikano
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Zagarikano 2010-06-08 01:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

*** lol at the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE tiger in that video and the "stupid" gun. Had to pause on the stupid gun and lol hard.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
sam75/drg29 he asked for s/i from me in /tell but I didn't reply because I assumed it wasn't meant for me, then he asked why I was ignoring him. And apparently I'm "Never gonna play end game again" because his "brother is leader of the best end game shell on shiva" when I asked what end game shell he didn't say.
Then after tht remark i can see y u didnt xD, but seriously? elitist? please..... he sounds like the elitist ; ;

I explained to him why It was a chore to s/i him all the way through a zone like that, and he basically took the hump because he thought I was elitist for refusing.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:

UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Er, on topic though--Whenever I forgot s/i while exping on PLD, I would always ask the mage apologetically. It's like not bringing Echo Drops to your imp party--sure, the WHM has Silena, but you're ultimately responsible for keeping yourself alive.

lmao at the vid XD

And I did explain apologetically, as much as it seems I'm a douche on these forums, in game I'm a nice guy. I tried to explain the MP and aggro would be an issue, but once he started going off on one I got pissy.
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-06-08 01:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Godlyhank said:
I explained to him why It was a chore to s/i him all the way through a zone like that, and he basically took the hump because he thought I was elitist for refusing.
Lol......ah well you get people like that ; ;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly were you doing with this player? Did he just send you a random tell when you were in another zone asking for sneak/invis? I wouldn't do it even if we were in the same zone, it's his own fault for forgetting and he could just go back because it's a big goddamn zone and I wouldn't want to sneak/invis someone while sneak/invising myself.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-08 01:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd take pity on a noob who genuinely couldn't afford the meds. :{

But it is pretty unreasonable to expect someone to do that, I mean have you guys gone through there!? I can just see him saying "s/i wearing off".... right in the middle of snolls/demons/tauri.... >.>;
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 01:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

It isn't my job to sneak and invis people through a horrible zone which will likely get me hate when all he needs to do is buy s/i items.

Hey this is just my opinion, there is no giant "guide to not getting banned and your job" book.. It's open to interpretation, but mine tells me it's my job to get those who were too lazy/cheap/forgetful to get oils/powders safely to wherever it is we're going. Maybe I could undersatnd if they were lvl 10, and it won't stick for ***to begin.. But if they're the same level as you, then yes, IMO it's your job.

When did you start playing anyways? If you started playing long ago, then perhaps you've just forgotten about getting into pick up Exp parties and it being expected (if not required) practice to sneak/invis everyone BUT the other mages.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is how I was saying unnaceptable

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 01:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

/sarcasm off

yeah, *** that noise, if he's willing to put a burden on another player to save a few gil, he needs to figure out that ***won't fly

if you did it for him, he'd just assume it was the norm and try to pull the same ***on the next group he joined

gj stopping the buck

it's the same reason people show up to ls events an hour late with people waiting on them, because no one ever calls them on it and they figure they can get away with it
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-08 01:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty much with Flion on this. I refuse to sneak and invis people through zones, unless they're a newb. But seriously, lv75 should know better :/. If s/i items are expensive, you farm. It's really that simple. There's no conceivable reason to burden someone like that, it's just lazy.
When I hop to a DD job, I would rather use up a stack of oils/powders than tugging on someone's coat-tails for buffs every min or so :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, what were you doing with said player?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
What exactly were you doing with this player? Did he just send you a random tell when you were in another zone asking for sneak/invis? I wouldn't do it even if we were in the same zone, it's his own fault for forgetting and he could just go back because it's a big goddamn zone and I wouldn't want to sneak/invis someone while sneak/invising myself.

We were heading to do the snoll fight, and I told everyone before we went (I was leading the pt) to bring s/i because things aggro to 75 in ullegrande range, He didn't say anything before we went, and then told me it wasn't worth the money. He had a Haubergeon +1 on so surely he could afford s/i.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-08 01:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It's undisputable that there are some extremely arrogant BRDs out there, but I don't think this is what is entailed.

I'd have to say that both sides are valid, only in so much as that if I received such a violent "no" to a request for s/i, I'd say "Well *** you too, ***".
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot stuff for that fight too but I ninja'd my way to the BCNM >_> (no one reminded me though, that's usually why I forget since I only remember to get food lol)
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-08 01:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You are both right. Guy should have had s/i > did he ask nicely > yes: ok i guess (mumble under breath)/ > No: ***.

Not your job but yeah its something you can do like drks can tractor.

It's when ppl think it's their god given right to ***or are rude or rage then i just don't care.

Preaching to the converted i guess.

I personally feel like a nub if i forget s/i. It has happened tho (hi2u 5ft cap between ruins entrance and bird camp swarming in mamool)
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-08 01:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
He had a Haubergeon 1 on so surely he could afford s/i.

Maybe his big bro crafted it for him. :3
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-06-08 01:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Hey this is just my opinion, there is no giant "guide to not getting banned and your job" book.. It's open to interpretation, but mine tells me it's my job to get those who were too lazy/cheap/forgetful to get oils/powders safely to wherever it is we're going. Maybe I could undersatnd if they were lvl 10, and it won't stick for ***to begin.. But if they're the same level as you, then yes, IMO it's your job.

When did you start playing anyways? If you started playing long ago, then perhaps you've just forgotten about getting into pick up Exp parties and it being expected (if not required) practice to sneak/invis everyone BUT the other mages.

If you wanna be the worlds biggest door mat for lazy people go ahead.

It isn't and never will be my job to sneak a random person through a zone and slow me down. And that's just my opinion. :p
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6