UNNACEPTABLE!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-08 08:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

On topic: If the person asked politely, I'd likely try to help them out. Having said that, whenever I try to help total noobs out, I regret it shortly after and /rage because they all seem to share the inability to listen.

Kal, you're a boob, that is all.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-08 08:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

and btw... i dont think at all it’s a whm’s job to s/i lazy, random ***.

i might magic-aggro snolls or mobs when his and my s/i wear at same time etc. we dont talk about crawlers next exp party but Uleguerand Range . ever trying to tractor / raise someone in a zone like that at a very bad spot? and thats exactly what could happen if snk / invis of him and you wear off at same time. then have bad luck and aggro while raising again. = DOWNTIME = whole party is *** over.

hell no, i dont wanna do this for lazy random dumbasses.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-06-08 08:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
On topic: If the person asked politely, I'd likely try to help them out. Having said that, whenever I try to help total noobs out, I regret it shortly after and /rage because they all seem to share the inability to listen. Kal, you're a boob, that is all.
=P

and yeah, i was just thinking that Flion should've said something like "if you can't afford sn/in items let me know and we can work something out"

this is why i like DNC =3 0 TP for Spectral Jig =D yeah it doesn't last long but it's basically free =D
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-08 08:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

i might magic-aggro snolls or mobs when his and my s/i wear at same time etc. we dont talk about crawlers next exp party but Uleguerand Range . ever trying to tractor / raise someone in a zone like that at a very bad spot? and thats exactly what could happen if snk / invis of him and you wear off at same time. then have bad luck and aggro while raising again. = DOWNTIME = whole party is *** over.

Oh god that's happened to me before >.< The dude refused to buy S/I and I had to babysit him all throughout Sky..Well it didn't end up well and he died..And then I of course being the WHM had to raise him somehow, But I died in the process, Then the rest of my party died because they were trying to get us too x.x
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 08:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
(because 99% of FFXI bark orders and are elitists)

i'd love to hear your definition of elitist. that word's being thrown around an awful lot on here lately. you must have an interesting definition if you think the majority of ffxi players fit that description

hint: expecting basic ***is not elitist
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-08 08:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Calling someone out for misusing the term 'elitist' is such an elitist thing to do.
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-08 08:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I don't really like losing exp because a dude forgot his sneak/invis items, it's completely lazy lol.. And the sneak/invis crap really isn't all that expensive, If 9-10k a stack items are expensive I'd hate to see them level NIN, RNG, COR or anything that requires a decent amount of gil..

If they don't have the gil to buy the items then they need to find a way HOW so they aren't wasting other people's time with their idiocy..
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-08 09:12:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Surreal said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

Oh god that's happened to me before >.< The dude refused to buy S/I and I had to babysit him all throughout Sky..Well it didn't end up well and he died..And then I of course being the WHM had to raise him somehow, But I died in the process, Then the rest of my party died because they were trying to get us too x.x

I saw that happening quite often. Ppl know I wouldnt deal with this bs. But when i help friends and they have ppl like that in their party... oh well.

no one says buy it everytime, but when you do missions with RANDOM PPL in such a terrible zone, be good and spent the said 12k for it. And seriously. go play WOW if you cant afford 12k for s/i items once for special occasions.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-06-08 09:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Calling someone out for misusing the term 'elitist' is such an elitist thing to do.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-06-08 10:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Then he can aggro stuff and lose exp so that next time he won't forget. If he's gonna be an idiot about it then he better be prepared to lose some exp. If I forget to bring sneaks to sky I'll at least buy some off someone so I don't require sneaks all the way.

Yeah ok, if he gave attitude like this is what he does so he doesn't have to buy oils and powders and it was a short run, i.e. snoll tsar, then I'd let him die a few times or offer to sell him items if we had them.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-08 10:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Fairy.Spence said:

I was being sarcastic, and don't quote me, it makes my skin crawl!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 11:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Fairy.Spence said:

wow

you're pretty thick

i'm kinda wasting my time trying to get a point across, huh

:(
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Grozny
Server: Valefor
user: Grozny
By Valefor.Grozny 2010-06-08 17:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

On Topic:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I was BRD/WHM. I refused, and was subsequently called an elitist.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
We were heading to do the snoll fight, and I told everyone before we went (I was leading the pt) to bring s/i because things aggro to 75 in ullegrande range.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It isn't my job to sneak and invis people through a horrible zone which will likely get me hate when all he needs to do is buy s/i items.

As a Brd you are correct that it isn't your job to sneak/invis ppl through zones, but as the mission leader it is your job to get your group safely through the mission. Travel is part of the mission.

Leading a group through a mission, isn't just inviting ppl and telling them the strat. Leading also consists of being prepared for hurdles, and figuring out ways to fix them. By just refusing to help him, you are also hurting and delaying the rest of the party that YOU were leading.

You could have offered to sell him some, you could have asked your healer who has more mp than you to sneak/invis him, you could have told him to go back to town and get the oils/powders, or you could have flat out replaced him.

Sooo
As a player joining your mission group, he failed to follow instructions.

As a mission leader you failed to lead a flawless run.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 18:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Grozny said:
On Topic:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I was BRD/WHM. I refused, and was subsequently called an elitist.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
We were heading to do the snoll fight, and I told everyone before we went (I was leading the pt) to bring s/i because things aggro to 75 in ullegrande range.
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It isn't my job to sneak and invis people through a horrible zone which will likely get me hate when all he needs to do is buy s/i items.

As a Brd you are correct that it isn't your job to sneak/invis ppl through zones, but as the mission leader it is your job to get your group safely through the mission. Travel is part of the mission.

Leading a group through a mission, isn't just inviting ppl and telling them the strat. Leading also consists of being prepared for hurdles, and figuring out ways to fix them. By just refusing to help him, you are also hurting and delaying the rest of the party that YOU were leading.

You could have offered to sell him some, you could have asked your healer who has more mp than you to sneak/invis him, you could have told him to go back to town and get the oils/powders, or you could have flat out replaced him.

Sooo

I couldn't have sold him any, I didn't have any on me. I was the main healer of the group. I asked him to go back to town, but he didn't want to as he "Couldn't care less" about the price of them. and I didn't want to replace him when we were half way to snoll, and it's so easy.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-08 22:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Grozny said:
On Topic:

Sooo

Holy ***is this like an epic *** D&D adventure where Flion took on the role of Hercules and it's his job to get his merry band of misfits and heroes safely through the dangerous lands of the gods to their final destination or is this FFXI?

While we're on the "you could have" subject, let me direct one at you. You could have read what he posted instead of being wrong on half the ***you said, but you didn't.

Sooo
As a forum responder you failed to respond intelligently while reading much if any of what OP has said and have posted ignorantly a bunch of ***.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-06-09 01:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

OP you're not an elitist. This seems to be an extreme case that relates to the general mentality towards mage players these days.

By that I mean it seems the general none mage player base expects mages to do EVERYTHING for them so all they have to do is swing their weapon.

Please keep in mind this is a GENERAL statement. Not everyone is like this. Just seems to be a slowly growing trend to saddle a single mage and a brd with "okay the 4 of us will melee zerg...you two do everything else."

This just seems to be an extreme case of a pampered melee. Someone who expects others to carry him through a mission/fight/quest/ect. simply because he doesn't feel like being prepared like everyone else in the party took the time to do.