Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-08 01:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
He had a Haubergeon 1 on so surely he could afford s/i.

Maybe his big bro crafted it for him. :3
Maybe he should get his brother to craft him some Sneak and Invis items then.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If I forget sneak/invis for a merit pt I'll ask for sneak/invis from the mage but forgetting for really long walks is just (as the title says) unacceptable. It used to be acceptable back when the mages always did it but not these days when they only cost 6-7k each.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xet said:
You are both right. Guy should have had s/i > did he ask nicely > yes: ok i guess (mumble under breath)/ > No: ***.

Not your job but yeah its something you can do like drks can tractor.

It's when ppl think it's their god given right to ***or are rude or rage then i just don't care.

Preaching to the converted i guess.

I personally feel like a nub if i forget s/i. It has happened tho (hi2u 5ft cap between ruins entrance and bird camp swarming in mamool)

his exact words were: "S/i?" second words about 2 mins later were "S/i {do you have it?}"
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 01:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, that's my OPINION, personally I don't expect anyone to babysit me, I do expect to babysit others on these matters (I'm all for kicking AND /blisting someone who is just an utter *** up, but that honor almost exclusively goes to those who are given directions/orders that pretty much EVERYONE as that job is given, and then just ignores them/refuss to carry them out.. [A RDM not enfeebling and/or refreshing is a good example])

But I've never understood the mentallity (and a lot of people in game seem to have it) *** him, he can do it himself (the part I don't get is when it's somethign like a mission, and the person saying it needs it..

If you'd stop being a ***, then we might actually get this thing done tonight, but because you DO want to be a ***, everyone is going to start leaving because ~insert whoever~ had to go back to town and stock up on sneak/invis or log off to check map and find the correct path, all because YOU wanted to be a *** about the matter and just not help out to get things rolling.

Not say that's how you are or that is what happened, but I've seen it happen enough to throw that out there.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
If I forget sneak/invis for a merit pt I'll ask for sneak/invis from the mage but forgetting for really long walks is just (as the title says) unacceptable. It used to be acceptable back when the mages always did it but not these days when they only cost 6-7k each.

Oh merit pt fair enough, If I actually had s/i items on me (I don't when I'm subbing whm, need as much space as possible) I would of given him a stack for free, but I really don't think it's right that I should have to hold someone hand when the reason he didn't have s/i was because he was too cheap.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-06-08 01:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So place the blame on the BRD that refused to babysit and not on the DD that was being a cheap tosser? hmmmm lol
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Anyways, that's my OPINION, personally I don't expect anyone to babysit me, I do expect to babysit others on these matters (I'm all for kicking AND /blisting someone who is just an utter *** up, but that honor almost exclusively goes to those who are given directions/orders that pretty much EVERYONE as that job is given, and then just ignores them/refuss to carry them out.. [A RDM not enfeebling and/or refreshing is a good example])

But I've never understood the mentallity (and a lot of people in game seem to have it) *** him, he can do it himself (the part I don't get is when it's somethign like a mission, and the person saying it needs it..

If you'd stop being a ***, then we might actually get this thing done tonight, but because you DO want to be a ***, everyone is going to start leaving because ~insert whoever~ had to go back to town and stock up on sneak/invis or log off to check map and find the correct path, all because YOU wanted to be a *** about the matter and just not help out to get things rolling.

Not say that's how you are or that is what happened, but I've seen it happen enough to throw that out there.

We won without him due to our other DD's doing a hell of a good job.

(Gotta love JP's)
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like that BC is difficult at all though lol
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-06-08 01:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
He had a Haubergeon 1 on so surely he could afford s/i.

Maybe his big bro crafted it for him. :3
Maybe he should get his brother to craft him some Sneak and Invis items then.

Maybe he cannot craft such luxuries!!!!
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 01:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Shindo said:
Yeah, I know this won't go over well merely becasue of who you are, and I've never really had a problem with you (just opposite)

But being BRD/WHM and refusing to s/i through the area is pretty much the very definition of an asshat/elitist..

I've met a few people like that in the game, you know what else they refused to do? Pull in a merit pt, debuff in general, or give Mage's Ballad, when I'm the only healer, and the only thing standing in the way of everybody dying (*** that DD supperiorty complex, if it weren't for people like me keeping your *** alive to begin with, you'd be dead in about 30 seconds flat.. for most things anyways. So I can't at it alone, I can still make my exit even if I did ~conviently~ forget to bring a warp...

It's undisputable that there are some extremely arrogant BRDs out there, but I don't think this is what is entailed.

I'd have to say that both sides are valid, only in so much as that if I received such a violent "no" to a request for s/i, I'd say "Well *** you too, ***".

not when flion was the leader of a COP group and he asked them to get snk/invis in advance

one of the very worst things you run into in making COP(and other mission) groups is people with no respect for other people's time, people who do next to nothing and expect the other 5 people to drag them through the mission

i just finished leading a COP static, we started with 12 and ended with 5, because i preferred to make the runs with 5 over dragging along peices of crap with no consideration for others
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-06-08 01:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I just got asked to s/i someone through Ullegrande range because they didn't have sneak or inviz items because "They've got really expensive recently, I couldn't care less"

I was BRD/WHM. I refused, and was subsequently called an elitist.

No.

Never.

Not even slightly.

If you don't want to get s/i items, then gtfo.

Would you say not s/i a sam/drg (drg was level 29) and telling him to get the items is elitism?

No I wouldn;t say it was elitist. I'd say it was selfish and not being a team player. I think people should take care of their s/i but at the end of the day, are you going to throw a fit and make it take longer to complete because you refuse to help them?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Still happy to do it with 4 DD's lol. Simple to heal as brd/whm though which is fun.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-08 01:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Still happy to do it with 4 DD's lol. Simple to heal as brd/whm though which is fun.
RNG RNG RDM, fun trio!
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 01:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Aleya said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
There are my opinions on the matter, so go ahead and start rating me down/flaming me..

Just fyi to everyone, I've never been the type to be at work, see someone slacking behind and refuse to do something just because it's not in my job description..

I work there, it's my job, ***it's my job to get up there and count the money and take it to the bank if I'm told do so..

If you don't like your role/job, then quit, otherwise, sit there stfu and do your job.

It isn't my job to sneak and invis people through a horrible zone which will likely get me hate when all he needs to do is buy s/i items.

It's my job to buff, debuff and support heal.

Hey this is just my opinion, there is no giant "guide to not getting banned and your job" book.. It's open to interpretation, but mine tells me it's my job to get those who were too lazy/cheap/forgetful to get oils/powders safely to wherever it is we're going. Maybe I could undersatnd if they were lvl 10, and it won't stick for ***to begin.. But if they're the same level as you, then yes, IMO it's your job.

When did you start playing anyways? If you started playing long ago, then perhaps you've just forgotten about getting into pick up Exp parties and it being expected (if not required) practice to sneak/invis everyone BUT the other mages.

If you wanna be the worlds biggest door mat for lazy people go ahead.

It isn't and never will be my job to sneak a random person through a zone and slow me down. And that's just my opinion. :p

Oh I realize it's my opnion and that's what forums are for, it's not like I'm goign to go make a player warning thread over it, I was just voicing my own opinion..

I can't count how many times I've seen a mage who rarely gets on a DD job, forget powders/oils.. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a mage forget to bring a real weapon.. We for the most part just forget about bringing stuff like invis/sneak, because we rarely ever actually need to use them.. We have our own, RDM especially, I dare you to make every powder/oil last as long as sneak/invis does... You won't.) Mages also almost never melee, unless it's solo or farming. So grabbing a weapon isn't exactly on our priority list either.

All I'm saying is this is one poor spot (imo) to put your foot down.. To me it's the equivelant of not partying with someone simply because they don't have the best possible item obtainable in any certain spot.. It's just stupid.. Babysit them through the zone, ignore the gear, just get on with the ***.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Shindo said:
Yeah, I know this won't go over well merely becasue of who you are, and I've never really had a problem with you (just opposite)

But being BRD/WHM and refusing to s/i through the area is pretty much the very definition of an asshat/elitist..

I've met a few people like that in the game, you know what else they refused to do? Pull in a merit pt, debuff in general, or give Mage's Ballad, when I'm the only healer, and the only thing standing in the way of everybody dying (*** that DD supperiorty complex, if it weren't for people like me keeping your *** alive to begin with, you'd be dead in about 30 seconds flat.. for most things anyways. So I can't at it alone, I can still make my exit even if I did ~conviently~ forget to bring a warp...

It's undisputable that there are some extremely arrogant BRDs out there, but I don't think this is what is entailed.

I'd have to say that both sides are valid, only in so much as that if I received such a violent "no" to a request for s/i, I'd say "Well *** you too, ***".

not when flion was the leader of the party and he asked someone to get snk/invis in advance

one of the very worst things you run into in making COP(and other mission) groups is people with no respect for other people's time, people who do next to nothing and expect the other 5 people to drag them through the mission

i just finished leading a COP static, we started with 12 and ended with 5, because i preferred to make the runs with 5 over dragging along peices of crap with no consideration for others

God tell me about it >.> We did the mithra fight before and we had to wait for about 25 minutes because someone *** up and didn't get the cutscenes in advance. (I've done all these before, I was there just to help)
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
Server: Cerberus
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-06-08 01:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Xet said:
You are both right. Guy should have had s/i > did he ask nicely > yes: ok i guess (mumble under breath)/ > No: ***. Not your job but yeah its something you can do like drks can tractor. It's when ppl think it's their god given right to ***or are rude or rage then i just don't care. Preaching to the converted i guess. I personally feel like a nub if i forget s/i. It has happened tho (hi2u 5ft cap between ruins entrance and bird camp swarming in mamool)
his exact words were: "S/i?" second words about 2 mins later were "S/i {do you have it?}"
Yea thts rude LOL, he should of at least made it comical if he wanted a s/i xD like "Would one bestow upon me spells of quietning and dissapearing" LOL
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If he'd been apologetic about forgetting the damn things (even though I told everyone in the god-damn party to bring S/I twice) I would of tried to do it. But seeing as he just didn't care, *** it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-08 01:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm certainly not reserving judgment over others in this case since I don't know all the details. If it was for the CoP Snoll Tsar though then you barely need s/i in the first place.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you mention it twice and he says *** it because he's too god damn cheap to buy them, *** the guy. He can lose exp by aggroing ***up to the BC.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you mention it twice and he says *** it because he's too god damn cheap to buy them, *** the guy. He can lose exp by aggroing ***up to the BC.

he didn't say "*** it" but that was the general feeling I got from him when he was saying he couldn't care less about s/i items.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Then he can aggro stuff and lose exp so that next time he won't forget. If he's gonna be an idiot about it then he better be prepared to lose some exp. If I forget to bring sneaks to sky I'll at least buy some off someone so I don't require sneaks all the way.
[+]
 Shiva.Xet
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2010-06-08 01:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you are 100% right Fli. Just saying lol...
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 01:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I realize it's my opnion and that's what forums are for, it's not like I'm goign to go make a player warning thread over it, I was just voicing my own opinion..

I can't count how many times I've seen a mage who rarely gets on a DD job, forget powders/oils.. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a mage forget to bring a real weapon.. We for the most part just forget about bringing stuff like invis/sneak, because we rarely ever actually need to use them.. We have our own, RDM especially, I dare you to make every powder/oil last as long as sneak/invis does... You won't.) Mages also almost never melee, unless it's solo or farming. So grabbing a weapon isn't exactly on our priority list either.

All I'm saying is this is one poor spot (imo) to put your foot down.. To me it's the equivelant of not partying with someone simply because they don't have the best possible item obtainable in any certain spot.. It's just stupid.. Babysit them through the zone, ignore the gear, just get on with the ***.

if this was an xp party, you might have a point. but flion said earlier that it wasn't. it was a COP group, and flion was the leader

in a COP group, you should be on your best behavior. you should NOT give so little of a *** about everyone else's success that you won't buy snk/invis when flion said to in the beginning. Then, he didn't say anything about it until he was in danger of aggro, and trying to put flion on the spot ABSOLUTELY deserves that treatment, no debate about it.

especially if this is a static, if you just let that ***go, it sends the message that you're a weak leader, and that your COP group can walk all over you.

A. he shouldn't get his rajas and sea on the backs of the people who actually tried their best.

B. this is EXACTLY the kind of person COP was meant to filter out. flion did a good thing by not helping him to be unleashed on some poor unsuspecting limbus group or sea LS
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-08 01:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
this is EXACTLY the kind of person COP was meant to filter out
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-08 01:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, Xet... Remember that Manthra I used to talk to? Well it was his/her friend. she/he asked me to lead it because I'd done it before and I knew how to so I decided to help, I'm not that strict you know me in game, I'm quite laid back about ***like gear etc, but when someone blatantly disregards my direction like that, and then tries to pin the blame on me for not s/i I get snippy lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 02:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

if this was an xp party, you might have a point. but flion said earlier that it wasn't. it was a COP group, and flion was the leader

in a COP group, you should be on your best behavior. you should NOT give so little of a *** about everyone else's success that you won't buy snk/invis when flion said to in the beginning, and then not saying anything about it until he's in danger of aggro, and trying to put flion on the spot ABSOLUTELY deserves that treatment, no debate about it.

A. he shouldn't get his rajas and sea on the backs of the people who actually tried their best.

B. this is EXACTLY the kind of person COP was meant to filter out. flion did a good thing by not helping him to be unleashed on some poor unsuspecting limbus group or sea LS

Pretty sure somewhere in there I said I'd kick someone that was outright defiant in a heart beat.. If it's needed, and they refuse to get it, then kick them that second, cuz I promise you, it's down hill from there..

If I forget to do something, I warp back to town, take care of it, and get back ASAP. Also, unless it's a static, if I forgot to CS's, then I tell them to go on without me.

I was more or less using Flion's post in a broader thing I've noticed, which I covered.. Mage's who refuse to do their job. It's becoming an epidemic, all these drg/sam parties have given them this sense of anullment that grants them the ability to do whatever they want.. You can't tell me this hasn't become the norm, either.
 Sylph.Aleya
Server: Sylph
user: aleckzia
By Sylph.Aleya 2010-06-08 02:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Aleya said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
There are my opinions on the matter, so go ahead and start rating me down/flaming me..

Just fyi to everyone, I've never been the type to be at work, see someone slacking behind and refuse to do something just because it's not in my job description..

I work there, it's my job, ***it's my job to get up there and count the money and take it to the bank if I'm told do so..

If you don't like your role/job, then quit, otherwise, sit there stfu and do your job.

It isn't my job to sneak and invis people through a horrible zone which will likely get me hate when all he needs to do is buy s/i items.

It's my job to buff, debuff and support heal.

Hey this is just my opinion, there is no giant "guide to not getting banned and your job" book.. It's open to interpretation, but mine tells me it's my job to get those who were too lazy/cheap/forgetful to get oils/powders safely to wherever it is we're going. Maybe I could undersatnd if they were lvl 10, and it won't stick for ***to begin.. But if they're the same level as you, then yes, IMO it's your job.

When did you start playing anyways? If you started playing long ago, then perhaps you've just forgotten about getting into pick up Exp parties and it being expected (if not required) practice to sneak/invis everyone BUT the other mages.

If you wanna be the worlds biggest door mat for lazy people go ahead.

It isn't and never will be my job to sneak a random person through a zone and slow me down. And that's just my opinion. :p

And I am just voicing mine. I am a main mage before anything else and have myself been guilty of either being in too much of a rush or just plain forgetting items. I feel terrible about it but I don't expect the mage to help me out because I think it's their job and they have to.

My point is, It is not my job. Do I flat out refuse everyone who asks? of course not. But don't get all whiney like the person the OP had to deal with because you weren't prepared. (And I'm not directing that to you, generally speaking)
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-08 02:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine if people want to look at things through a simplistic view then, DD's job is to Deal Damage, BRD/WHM job is to Support, whatever is needed.

Fine.

But in playing this game for {Long Time} I have discovered what makes it fun and wins any event/mission/fight is something even above "doing your job".

It's called R E S P E C T!

Because of Respect anytime I DD I /nin or /dnc to be as Self Sufficent as possible. Yes I could Deal Moar DMG as /war or /sam but that would also make me a Liability.

MP sponges are not worth the stress they cause.

My most enjoyable/winning fights have been stress-free, everyone took care of themselves and the Healer was there for OHSHIT! moments and Hastes.

Flionheart is except from being called a *** the SECOND that guy said getting s/i items is "not worth his time".

This is not some noob that does not know better or cannot afford anything.

This is some *** with a Hauby+1 who knew what was needed (snk invis items) but CHOOSE not to because he LACKS RESPECT for his fellow members.

Yes it is a BRD/WHM job to support the pt.

If you ran out of tools for /nin s/i, NP! {You Can Has!} some of mine!

but to /drg, ignore what is needed, then demand others make up for your own arrogance.

*** YOU!

And saying that is not being a ***, it's being a self respectable person with a shred of Pride.

I only help those who will meet me half way.

"Help me help you" lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-08 02:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in altep as whm and someone told me to tele them :/ when i said no he got all cmon man it doesnt take more than 5 min and i was like dude im not getting off my way so i can tele your lazy butt that has no warp item and he was like what a douche! D:
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 02:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You, sir, are an elitist!