First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-06-07 19:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Key point is to deal damage, if you are then dunno I still haven't got out there, just now finishing up quests.

Dealing between 3-10 damage per hit
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-07 19:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Joshualeonhart said:
I've been hitting the fortalice for over a half hour now on my blm with 210 staff skill. I am using the signet staff and haven't received any skillup. I have been engaged attacking the fortalice for about an hour doing 0 damage with the staff. I was wondering if you have to actually damage it or if i am just having bad luck?

Pretty sure you can't gain skill ups with a signet staff either, I smacked one for a hour with it on, nothing, equipped the MMM Shovel and got a .2 first swing. Might be wrong though.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 19:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

mah dream bells too strong :( my great axe on war was doing 1-2 dmg per hit

Good thing i only have 30 mins till ejar anyways cause i've been on this 5 mins and already taken it down 10%

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 19:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
I've been hitting the fortalice for over a half hour now on my blm with 210 staff skill. I am using the signet staff and haven't received any skillup. I have been engaged attacking the fortalice for about an hour doing 0 damage with the staff. I was wondering if you have to actually damage it or if i am just having bad luck?

Pretty sure you can't gain skill ups with a signet staff either, I smacked one for a hour with it on, nothing, equipped the MMM Shovel and got a .2 first swing. Might be wrong though.
You can, just have to deal dmg. a couple points of str should fix it
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-07 19:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:

You can, just have to deal dmg. a couple points of str should fix it

Hmm, maybe I just got unlucky with the skill ups then, was doing damage because I was on PLD at the time, and PLDs are totally DDs, everyone knows that. =P
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 19:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol Dele, I just made my way and got one inside the castle. go go club skillups! selecting gear carefully I now have some good accuracy+ and landing hits for 1-2~ should be fun to see when I get up. Go go Trainee Hammer! lols
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2010-06-07 20:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shame these things dont have HP/DEF like the rock walls in Excavation Duty. Spend on day beating on one of those for 1 dmg.
 Alexander.Tarantino
Server: Alexander
user: Tarantino
By Alexander.Tarantino 2010-06-07 20:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

Started at 85 Staff, and got a good balance of Haste/Acc and not too much dmg as you can see from the 1's :D

Started off under the bridge, got aggro from Orcs above, standing just off from top of Stairs, no aggro in 2+ hours.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-07 21:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Anyone know what the max skill you can get on these?

I capped sword on RDM (250) So far, that's all I know, going to work on axe/club on BST/NIN (only club cuz I'm 72 and have O. Club.. mostly going for the axe..)

I'll also be capping scythe. BST axe caps at 269, which is considerably higher then RDM's sword, so I'll repost when skill ups seem to be capped (or if this actually caps)
Capping is never based on skill level, it's based on player level.

Let's say mnk's parry cap is 200 and mnk's h2h is 276. Mnk's parry and h2h would take the mob to cap them out.

It's not based on the actual skill number but your skill with what it caps at and your current level.

For example if I was 199 parry and my parry skill caps at 200 at 75, it would take a lv 75 or higher mob to cap it, regardless of what I can get my h2h skill on the same mob. If I tried to get my 1 point on a lv 74 or lower mob, it'd never happen.

That being said, if you reached rdm's lv 75 cap, you can cap for all 75s

I know how all that works -.- I was trying to answer his question of how high this caps at, and was telling him it goes up til at least 250, but that I was fixing to do something that goes above 250, and I would let them know how I got or if i got completely to cap..

I just missed the part about you getting to 271 on, which is higher then anything I'd be getting on my jobs. Most of my stuff is near cap.. Which is why this is just so beautiful for me..
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-07 21:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Delson said:
kinda sucks this doesnt work for H2H... i need like 4 points to start my WS quest.

As far as I know it does work, the only problem is that you deal damage far too fast..

When he said it wouldn't work for mnk/pup I'm pretty sure he was referring to the fact that there are more viable solutions to leveling it..

You could put it on attack and go do something else, but, you won't have that long to skill up on it, then you gotta make sure you come back 35 mins after death to retarget it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 21:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yea you can skill on it w/ h2h, you're just not going to afk nearly as long. For example forget going to bed while skilling h2h
 Diabolos.Delson
Server: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-06-07 22:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

after i get staff capped... ill try h2h again...

for h2h... would not equipping nothing work as well? (lower dmg/skill up wise)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 22:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

it'll work better, but h2h's formula is

(skill x .11) + 3 round downs. That's your base dmg per fist. Even w/ 0 h2h skill, you'd have more dmg than the stuff I'm using to skill with.

100 h2h skill? 14 DMG, gets worse as you get higher. (drk w/ 13 dmg scythe today i saw hitting for 30+) They won't last long at all
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 22:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic Knuckles would be more effective than bare-fisted, I'd think.
 Diabolos.Delson
Server: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-06-07 22:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

if i had them... id use them... guess i just have to make due.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 22:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

just woke up to +10 on club in about 2 hourish. I have to say this is pretty amazing. Going to try and set up again after Nyzul is over and go for caps~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 22:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Why?

You hit harder and slower. It's not about how long it can last, it's about the most number of hits it takes to kill it so you can get the most skill ups.

With relic knucks, you're hitting harder (+1 dmg > +0 dmg) and it'll take you a lot longer to do it w/ the +999 delay (especially if 999 isn't the cap because then you still have your base h2h delay)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 00:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I went afk in the spot over night, I went /nin and swords, so it's not like it took me forever to swing, but the point is, if you're not stupid where you stand, you should be safe. (just for anyone else wondering/doubting)

The only real problem I forsee is pup/mnk, as you'd kill it pretty quickly regardless of what you equip.. Scythe could also be pretty bad with a lot of +acc gear.. I'd suggest, to put a lot of +acc gear on, also putting on a lot of -att gear.. will greatly help over all.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 00:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What does acc gear have to do with -attack. you should want -attack anyways. lol. The point again is to get the largest number of hits not the longest time on it. You don't get skill ups for missing. Taking 2000 hits w/ acc+ will kill it faster than 2000 hits w/o + acc, but you still get 200 hits worth of skill up.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 00:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
What does acc gear have to do with -attack. you should want -attack anyways. lol. The point again is to get the largest number of hits not the longest time on it. You don't get skill ups for missing. Taking 2000 hits w/ acc will kill it faster than 2000 hits w/o acc, but you still get 200 hits worth of skill up.

Because I coudln't hit the broad side of a barn with just a low level scythe on, the acc helps with the proc rate (since you need to deal damage) the -att gear lowers what you do (thus making it last longer)

Even with +9 acc (I know not much, but still) I'm missing like 90% of the time, but when I do connect, I'm easily doing 20+ damage..

Therefor, You're going to want to want to go +acc and -att, so you hit more often, but hit for lesser damage, thus overall, increasing both skill ups and time spent swinging.

EDIT: Damn forgot to add, this maximizes your possible skill ups, yes the object is to get as many as possible (or else why would anyone really do this, obviously no one ever touches them, so campaign ops is outta the question), but a reason why people do it is they can afk while doing this, the +acc adds to the overall chance of skill ups, while the -att (so long as you don't go too far) adds to the length of attacking the same enemy, therefor reducing the actual active time of targeting and clicking attack (which while may not be much, it can add up over this circumstance pretty quick.)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 00:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what I meant.

The way you worded this
Quote:
I'd suggest, if you plan to put a lot of +acc gear on, also putting on a lot of -att gear..

suggested that if you were not putting acc on that there would be no need for minus attack.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-08 00:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
That's not what I meant.

The way you worded this
Quote:
I'd suggest, if you plan to put a lot of acc gear on, also putting on a lot of -att gear..

suggested that if you were not putting acc on that there would be no need for minus attack.

Read wrong, granted now I can see why.. I mean to stack up on both, not one over the other as compensation.. My Sycthe skill is only 114, but I'm still doing considerably more DoT then I was on RDM/NIN with double swords.

Oh ***I read it wrong twice :x /noob off..

K sorry if i led anyone int he wrong direction, let me make this clear (since I *** up) I meant to say I'd suggest putting on BOTH -att and +acc gear.

At least for 2h weapons.. I had no trouble skilling up sword, even at 249 (one level from cap)

Scythe however, is actually a miracle when it hits.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-08 01:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

jesus there's some *** *** out here skill up wise..

a blm has been skilling staff none stop for two days. the other fortalice is camped by three people so came to "his".

"this ones taken" I was warned

it popped and the dude refused to CFH or invite to join pt.

DOUCHE :(
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-08 02:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps i shoulda waited till I was done to make this post. Oh well, finished gax, gsd was gonna be juts to do it. I don't intend on using it for anything.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-08 03:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

yeh i had exactly same thought.. G.Sword just for G.Sword sake, axe and g.axe capped fairly easily albeit i got g.axe on meripo. cant complain. its taught me how to dodge the imps and tarus and guide thru the castle without aggro
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 05:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

Signet Staff works fine.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-08 05:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
jesus there's some *** *** out here skill up wise..

a blm has been skilling staff none stop for two days. the other fortalice is camped by three people so came to "his".

"this ones taken" I was warned

it popped and the dude refused to CFH or invite to join pt.

DOUCHE :(

entitlement much?
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-08 07:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

K Staff, Dagger, Sword, and Club finished.
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-06-08 07:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
entitlement much?

Agreed, what kind of person tells a fellow camper "This one's taken."

=)
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-08 08:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lol first thing I did was CFH on the one I was wacking, not a single person bothered to come where I was though.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9