By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 08:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-06-07 08:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

This is awesome news for my BRD, been wanting dagger skills. Even tried getting a tree skill up going this past weekend. XD

Maybe when I get out of work this afternoon I'll try and jog out if nothing else is going on. Thanks for the info Tiger.

Also.. be more careful not to hit fans with your golf balls, seems very rude. Although you were at least a good sport about it.
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 08:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, thanks for confirming that Tiger. I have plans to do this but didn't want to distrupt others.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 08:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

:(

Also, dual wield these
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 09:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another question, I have gleened from the thread that it's a pain to get there, but what kind of mobs do you encounter to get ther aside imps and demons? I might run out there now if it isn't to hard, also on a 1-10 how hard?
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok a JP helped me get to baileys, where are the things? the red dots marked on the map?
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-06-07 09:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
:(
At least you got to play for 4 days! =)

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Also, dual wield these

Alright, saw people talking about Dyna weps and figured these would be best for it, just wasn't 100% sure they would hit for more than 0. Thanks again.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 09:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis weapons for skilling up? What the
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-07 09:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
waiting 5 minutes to swing is a guaranteed +.9skill every time!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 09:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Ok a JP helped me get to baileys, where are the things? the red dots marked on the map?
Yes
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 09:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, as far as the 1 DMG thing goes, am I the only one seeing a 75 WAR with a GA hitting for 1 damage anyway? What would be the benefit of using the minimum amount of DMG in such a situation?
 Lakshmi.Ratie
Server: Lakshmi
user: ratie
By Lakshmi.Ratie 2010-06-07 09:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
I have another question, I have gleened from the thread that it's a pain to get there, but what kind of mobs do you encounter to get ther aside imps and demons? I might run out there now if it isn't to hard, also on a 1-10 how hard?

The ones that'll give you most trouble are the true sight mobs.

Cointeachs and other undead - Sound, HP
Gargouille - Sight and Sound
Taurus, Imps, Amphipteres - True sight.

In regards to True sight mobs, theres an Amphiptere and a few imps around the campaign fort, a taurus or two between the fort and the bottom of the stretch before the castle, and a fair few taurus and an Amphiptere between the bottom of the hill to the top.

It's a bonus if you do the trek when theres a campaign battle active in xarcabard.

If you decide to use flee after being aggroed as suggested earlier, know that you'll need to examine a door before being able to enter. Try to avoid demon aggro near the door, otherwise you might be hassled with 'event skipped'.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Yes
thanks!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 09:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ratie said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
The ones that'll give you most trouble are the true sight mobs. Cointeachs and other undead - Sound, HP Gargouille and other demons - Sight (Edit: apparently wiki says Gargouilles are sound and sight) Taurus, Imps, Amphipteres - True sight. In regards to True sight mobs, theres an Amphiptere and a few imps around the campaign fort, a taurus or two between the fort and the bottom of the stretch before the castle, and a fair few taurus and an Amphiptere between the bottom of the hill to the top. It's a bonus if you do the trek when theres a campaign battle active in xarcabard. If you decide to use flee after being aggroed as suggested earlier, know that you'll need to examine a door before being able to enter. Try to avoid demon aggro near the door, otherwise you might be hassled with 'event skipped'.
Hmm thanks, I'll skip this then until I get home and can play the 360. Sounds like a lot of fun just to get there XD

and no problem~
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
For the weapons that don't have low dmg verions, it's your best option if you want to skill up afk, since you'll get the most hits before it dies and if you're afk, you don't really care about the delay anyhow. (For example setting this up and going to sleep w/ dyna weapon vs

You'll wake up w/ a lot more skill ups w/ the dyna wep since it'll take many more hits to die.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
yes
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Also, as far as the 1 DMG thing goes, am I the only one seeing a 75 WAR with a GA hitting for 1 damage anyway? What would be the benefit of using the minimum amount of DMG in such a situation?
They only have 5k hp. If you want to AFK and get the most skill ups, you use the wep where it takes the most number of hits to kill it.

edit:

Using that gax btw lol
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhhhhhh 14 skill ups on club in 15 min
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
ahhhhhhhh 14 skill ups on club in 15 min
yay, check pm-age btw

Just capped gax (for lv 74 *** d'lv). Gonna do gsword for lulz. i has algol! Time to go get the drk quest weapon and get to work. Good thing I never unlocked that job lol
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 09:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Enternius said:
They only have 5k hp. If you want to AFK and get the most skill ups, you use the wep where it takes the most number of hits to kill it.

edit:

Using that gax btw lol
I figured they likely had Fortification Damage reduction or something of the sort, and scaled up DEF to accomodate +25 levels. Assuming these things are LV75.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

When i was running here i saw imps flying way up high, do those aggro? or just for show?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 09:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
imps
Lolled.

They're not Imps, They're Amphiptere. Thing Yovra, but much meaner.

[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Enternius said:

edit:

Using that gax btw lol
I figured they likely had Fortification Damage reduction or something of the sort, and scaled up DEF to accomodate 25 levels. Assuming these things are LV75.
more like archaic mirrors in ToAU zones but that don't have some 50k hp mobs protecting it.
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
imps
Lolled.

Noooo in the castle! theres scary as *** imps flying lol
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-07 09:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Enternius said:

edit:

Using that gax btw lol
I figured they likely had Fortification Damage reduction or something of the sort, and scaled up DEF to accomodate 25 levels. Assuming these things are LV75.
more like archaic mirrors in ToAU zones but that don't have some 50k hp mobs protecting it.
Never fought an Archaic Mirror, I don't think anyone on Siren has. At least not with the intention of getting something done.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
When i was running here i saw imps flying way up high, do those aggro? or just for show?
Siren.Enternius said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
imps
Lolled.

>.> no she saw imps. Don't see you're lol'ing. She's talking about INSIDE the castle. The Amphitere are in xarc and beauc. There are imps that are flying in the castle but don't have a name. Purple ones.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
imps
Lolled.

>.> no she saw imps. Don't see you're lol'ing. She's talking about INSIDE the castle. The Amphitere are in xarc and beauc. There are imps that are flying in the castle but don't have a name. Purple ones.
they dont aggro do they? i got kinda scared
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 09:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue, yesterday was my first time going to that zone. I didn't get close enough to it to find out though.
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-06-07 09:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
imps
Lolled. They're not Imps, They're Amphiptere. Thing Yovra, but much meaner.
they dont aggro do they? i got kinda scared
The ones in sky arent mobs and dont agro. there just for show. theres some of them in throne room too
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 09:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
The ones in sky arent mobs and dont agro. there just for show. theres some of them in throne room too
oh thanks so much^^ i stood waiting for them to move for a few minutes then said *** it and ran by, good to know theyre fake! lol
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9