Link | Quote | Reply

there are like 5-6 here on gilga ... :/
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2010-06-07 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Club is 164, just started doing staff, its at 150 :D husband is QQ'in to bring him here as DRK since hes wayyyy under cap
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 13:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

nice nice, sounds like it's going well~ really wish I could go there but if I try on my laptop I'll die for sure =(
 Valefor.Melari
Server: Valefor
user: Melari
By Valefor.Melari 2010-06-07 14:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Just set myself back up, //minimze, now playing smash bros, watching tv, eating, and posting
Are you sure you're not on Valefor? Someone I teamed up with was also playing Smash Bros. inbetween auto-fwacking.
lol that was me dude >.>
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 16:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Can war wear H2H?
It won't work well. For example, my gax is DMG 1.

When you look at a reg weap it'll say DMG 1, DMG 2, ect. When you look at h2h, it says DMG+1 DMG+2. The + is there because you have base damage, and the + adds to it. The base dmg is based on you h2h skill. The higher your skill, the more dmg. Aka, the higher your h2h gets, the more dmg you hit it for, the afk skill ups won't last nearly as long because you'll kill it faster.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-07 17:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the max skill you can get on these?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 17:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd assume cap. I got 271 on war gax yesterday after dlv'ing and 271 is the cap for lv 74. So if you can't get cap for lv 75, then you can at least get capped for lv 74.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-07 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:

I capped sword on RDM (250) So far, that's all I know, going to work on axe/club on BST/NIN (only club cuz I'm 72 and have O. Club.. mostly going for the axe..)

I'll also be capping scythe. BST axe caps at 269, which is considerably higher then RDM's sword, so I'll repost when skill ups seem to be capped (or if this actually caps)

EDIT:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I'd assume cap. I got 271 on war gax yesterday after dlv'ing and 271 is the cap for lv 74. So if you can't get cap for lv 75, then you can at least get capped for lv 74.

Missed that, so yeah, we know it can go to 271 <.< which is good for me, I'll be able to cap axe
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 17:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:

I capped sword on RDM (250) So far, that's all I know, going to work on axe/club on BST/NIN (only club cuz I'm 72 and have O. Club.. mostly going for the axe..)

I'll also be capping scythe. BST axe caps at 269, which is considerably higher then RDM's sword, so I'll repost when skill ups seem to be capped (or if this actually caps)
Capping is never based on skill level, it's based on player level.

Let's say mnk's parry cap is 200 and mnk's h2h is 276. Mnk's parry and h2h would take the mob to cap them out.

It's not based on the actual skill number but your skill with what it caps at and your current level.

For example if I was 199 parry and my parry skill caps at 200 at 75, it would take a lv 75 or higher mob to cap it, regardless of what I can get my h2h skill on the same mob. If I tried to get my 1 point on a lv 74 or lower mob, it'd never happen.

That being said, if you reached rdm's lv 75 cap, you can cap for all 75s
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-07 17:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:

Capping is never based on skill level, it's based on player level.

Let's say mnk's parry cap is 200 and mnk's h2h is 276. Mnk's parry and h2h would take the mob to cap them out.

It's not based on the actual skill number but your skill with what it caps at and your current level.

For example if I was 199 parry and my parry skill caps at 200 at 75, it would take a lv 75 or higher mob to cap it, regardless of what I can get my h2h skill on the same mob. If I tried to get my 1 point on a lv 74 or lower mob, it'd never happen.

That being said, if you reached rdm's lv 75 cap, you can cap for all 75s
That is until the update mind you lol.
 Valefor.Melari
user: Melari
By Valefor.Melari 2010-06-07 17:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah you can completely cap an A+ item i got sword to 276 on my pld last night on them
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-07 17:21:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's just bad luck that I haven't gotten a skill up on staff past 200 as 75 BLM in half an hour ;~;
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-07 17:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah i just dinged 200 great sword skill. When i started yesterday i was 114. And nearly ALL of this... was while i did my final project for a class, watched TV, took a shower, and today went running/worked out.

Epic win.

As soon as this caps I'm doing staff right away... this will probably end up being patched lol. Staff has to be THE worse 2 handed weapon to skill up tbh.

Again... epic win.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 17:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
So yeah i just dinged 200 great sword skill. When i started yesterday i was 114. And nearly ALL of this... was while i did my final project for a class, watched TV, took a shower, and today went running/worked out.

Epic win.

As soon as this caps I'm doing staff right away... this will probably end up being patched lol. Staff has to be THE worse 2 handed weapon to skill up tbh.

Again... epic win.
Not really, well not w/ this lol. I'm doing gsd w/ 666 delay right now. Now this one bites, especially since I started at 18, so only landing one out of every 5 shots. Landing a hit an average of once every 55 seconds.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-07 17:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno in my opinion staff holds less reason to even skill it than greatsword in general.

But opinion is opinion.

Either way I'm going to cap it too.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 17:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Clinpachi said:
I dunno in my opinion staff holds less reason to even skill it than greatsword in general.

But opinion is opinion.

Well, as 7574 war w/o drk unlocked, they both have the same purpose to me.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-07 17:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:

But opinion is opinion.

Well, as 7574 war w/o drk unlocked, they both have the same purpose to me.
Yeah situational. Staff, Great Sword, and Club have been unblue for quite some time now for me.

And now that i'm finishing up my rounds on certain things it's time to finally finish them :D
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 18:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to be heading up in a few minutes and give this a try while I nap. Would be epic win to cap club before going into Nyzul as well as getting Black Halo.
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-06-07 18:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wht is the Fort's repop timer?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 18:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

35 mintues is what I am hearing
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-07 18:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said:
Wht is the Fort's repop timer?
35 minutes roughly. This is sweet lol.
 Alexander.Joshualeonhart
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Joshualeonhart 2010-06-07 18:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been hitting the fortalice for over a half hour now on my blm with 210 staff skill. I am using the signet staff and haven't received any skillup. I have been engaged attacking the fortalice for about an hour doing 0 damage with the staff. I was wondering if you have to actually damage it or if i am just having bad luck?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 18:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Joshualeonhart said:
I've been hitting the fortalice for over a half hour now on my blm with 210 staff skill. I am using the signet staff and haven't received any skillup. I have been engaged attacking the fortalice for about an hour doing 0 damage with the staff. I was wondering if you have to actually damage it or if i am just having bad luck?
Have to deal damage from my knowledge
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-07 18:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to at least do 1 dmg to get skill ups. Wear a couple points of str (alkiy bracelets alone made the diff between me hitting from 2-3 to 5-6 w/ my dmg 1 gax)
 Diabolos.Delson
Server: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-06-07 19:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

kinda sucks this doesnt work for H2H... i need like 4 points to start my WS quest.
 Unicorn.Jewkitten
Server: Unicorn
user: Jewkitten
By Unicorn.Jewkitten 2010-06-07 19:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ppl come to checkout the easy outside ones

but have yet to have anyone join me for the fortalice inside the castle:p
 Phoenix.Slytribal
Server: Phoenix
user: Slykun
By Phoenix.Slytribal 2010-06-07 19:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I just went from 98-200 club skill for my Thf on just two forts, I was using the two dream bells from the Xmas event.

Now trying on my Sam, 226 GK skill right now, using Wooden Katana, killed one and not even a 0.1, attacking another and it's half way dead and still not 0.1 yet.

They normally slow like this 200+?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-07 19:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Key point is to deal damage, if you are then dunno I still haven't got out there, just now finishing up quests.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9