Player Warning: Gone Too Far?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Player Warning: Gone too far?
Player Warning: Gone too far?
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Alymorel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-06 04:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I know I'm putting myself out there a bit by throwing my two cents in here, but I'm seeing more and more every time I log on here, and I do read them... disappointingly. There are more and more over silly little things. For instance, I saw THREE in the past couple of hours warning about Nyzul runs. When I check these, I'm expecting things like hackers, thieves, or at the very least "Elitists" who have no skill and are rude about it. Not random shout groups that failed a Nyzul run because ***happens. 99% of the time, I see both parties in the wrong, but neither, in my opinion, deserve player warnings. For example, these three threads.

The first, someone dropped a run for his HNM ls. Yes, I do think this sucks, and the person who dropped could have been more apologetic or maybe given some sort of warning that he might not be able to stay, but do I think that deserves a player warning? No. I can't EXPECT and demand that a random stranger stick around when his friends and LS mates need him. I don't personally belong to an HNM ls, but I am understanding that a person doesn't want to sit in a pop spot for DAYS and that competition for these are huge. I see no need for any player warning here.

The second and third (there were two about each other, trying to beat the other to the punch) was again, another Nyzul shout group. Both talked about how the other was horribly bad. Hate to burst both your bubbles here, but assaults take team work. Nyzul is no exception. Yeah, it sucks that the BRD wasn't helping you out, but why did the RNG give up just because s/he didn't have minuet? It sounds like the only people that were putting in their all were the two that died first, which got ragged on because they don't have the best gear (which btw, isn't that kind of the point of Nyzul?). These are the risks you take with shout groups.

And these aren't the only player warnings I've seen. I just feel like these boards are getting flooded with unwarranted player warnings which are making BOTH the warner and warnee look bad. Yes, I know people are going to disagree and flame me for this, but I felt the need to say something. I just want to see real warnings here, not some people complaining in anger over a one-time, bad luck incident. Everyone is allowed to feel how they want, but no one is making you do things with these people again. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on. Thank you. :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Artyom
Server: Cerberus
user: Whist
By Cerberus.Artyom 2010-06-06 04:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I second this actually, if only we had a rant forum where all these things could go!
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This forum is a rant forum overall Artyom, and this also a ranting thread. but please, people should watch the player warnings, because eventually people will start ignoring them and the real ones will get past by.

inb4 drama.

[+]
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-06-06 04:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I read that warning about the guy ditching a Nyzul run for a HNM. That was a stupid warning. The OP obviously doesn't know how HNM shells are run, and the fact that he considers a stupid lolNnyzul run to be more important than a HNM shows his actual knowledge of endgame.
HNM > Nyzul
Anyone with half a brain would realize that.

Anyways, i'm drunk, peace out.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-06-06 04:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, too many whiny *** nowadays. It's most likely the new wave of players that constantly cry because no one gives them Raise III at lvl 18.
[+]
 Cerberus.Artyom
Server: Cerberus
user: Whist
By Cerberus.Artyom 2010-06-06 04:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
This forum is a rant forum overall Artyom, and this also a ranting thread. but please, people should watch the player warnings, because eventually people will start ignoring them and the real ones will get past by. inb4 drama.
Oh I know in general these forums are just rant forums, but if there was a designated subforum or something here labled "Rants" where posts not really worthy of the title "Player Warning" could go then it would be a nice thing... In theory.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-06 04:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Player warning posts just scream "drama" to me, anyway. Don't get me wrong, the idea behind a player warning is pretty noble, to let other players know of known hackers and cheats and exploitists, but that's just not how it seems to work.

Most of the time it's one person bitching at another over some trivial ***. So what if someone dropped a nyzul run for a HNM. Who gives a toss if a low level PLD hasn't learnt how to tank yet, who gives a rat's arse if you haven't had your wheatabix for the day?

If the purpose of a player warning is to let us know there are some *** in the world, I'm sorry to inform I'm pretty sure everyone's already aware. If it's more for people to vent steam, then the second they've hit the submit button that desire has been fulfilled, and they can get on with their day.

Brave of you to put yourself out Aly. Do what I do, and just avoid them altogether! Chance are if it's on your server word will get around pretty readily anyway! :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Welfare
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-06-06 04:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

...hope I did this right lmfao

edit edit - nope I suck.

Just copy/paste the URL and laugh your *** of lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdBrYfxSXWc&feature=player_embedded
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Artyom said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
This forum is a rant forum overall Artyom, and this also a ranting thread. but please, people should watch the player warnings, because eventually people will start ignoring them and the real ones will get past by. inb4 drama.
Oh I know in general these forums are just rant forums, but if there was a designated subforum or something here labled "Rants" where posts not really worthy of the title "Player Warning" could go then it would be a nice thing... In theory.
then this thread should be on flame core topic aswell.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Welfare
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-06-06 04:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Bart ^^
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-06-06 04:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Player warnings are the new FFXIAH fad after Cesil-hating came to a halt I suppose. But more generally, there is a popular attitude of being exasperated at ineptitude, the perception that whenever things don't go your way, 1) somebody has to be at fault, 2) the person is incompetent and/or impolite and 3) these slights are becoming more frequent as time goes on. I say popular because it's not just in FFXI, but in RL where people love to tell themselves that society is worse today than yesterday and it's going to be even worse tomorrow. It's "back in my day" run amuck.

In FFXI, you have the perfect storm of anonymity (you can judge someone you don't see face-to-face) and scientific bigotry, where you can quantify the "worth" of a player in terms of stats, gil, dps, xp/hr and event win/loss. We do have the mathematical data to carefully evaluate one another in an unbiased, mature and rational matter for the purposes of say evaluating the risk of adding someone to your Nyzul run. But this ability is easily abused by some to wantonly and emotionally dismiss others' behavior when it is convenient to them. It's so much easier to excuse childishness with baloney "gimp/rude" attacks when really it comes down to "I'm mad things didn't go my way and I want to take it out on someone".

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Welfare
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-06-06 04:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

omfg This just in - Francis got his acct. back!

I don't give a ***about WoW but this dude is hilarious! hahaha

Is there any video on the net of this fat lump o' ***NOT crying!?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yawn.

Derail time, i have a pic of me pregnant.

[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

btw, no one answered on lsni, has anyone tried those new trident layer gums? I really want one.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-06 04:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I knew this would get derailed fast, I'm just worried that my name will be up there next for some dumb reason like I scratched my *** or something. >.> I felt the need to say something.

Anyway, congrats on the preggers and no I have not tried the gum. Last one I had was the flavor shifting Stride.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

who cares if you get flamed by these good for nothing trolls on this forum? it's not life changing.

anyways, I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF THOSE GUMS TASTE GOOD, or are just a mess of flavours.

btw thx :D 7 months 1 week, I can use my belly as table for somethings lol like my ifone.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Welfare
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-06-06 04:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Congratulations on your baby but this thread is about Francis now! As fat as you may get, it's nothing compared to that blimp of a human being.
You really have to stare in awe - in absolute !@#$ing awe, at the simple fact that this dude has a blood type of 10w 40 with about 80% humidity.

They say that the event horizon of a singularity, is the most powerful force of gravity currently known to man.
This is a historic moment.
You see, we are discovering that Francis is in fact so !@#$ing gigantic that he actually has more mass than that of a black hole and after watching that vid, it's safe to say that even a resulting quasar has got nothin' on the wrath o' that fat S.O.B.

Look at the chin on that pig. Sweet Jesus - we could perform liposuction on his neck alone and make enough soap to wash the world clean of all it's sin!!!
Do you have any idea how much soap that is!?!?

I could go on for almost as long as Francis has fat but I think I'll simply close this post with yet another URL of Francis working hard to put on a few more tons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=gPkfjK5M-TY&feature=related
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

i need to watch that francis vid, but its so late, I'm waiting for the clock to hit 6AM so i make myself a sandwich and go to sleep, I dont eat meat after 7PM and before 5:59AM. I am obsessive compulsive like that because I hate throwing up.
 Valefor.Welfare
By Valefor.Welfare 2010-06-06 04:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the fry-to-hand ratio on that moose? 50/1?

Edit: I do believe I should have made the ratio 1/50 to stay mathematically accurate as the fry is mentioned first in the ratio ~.^
[+]
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-06 04:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I don't mind that I got derailed, no worries. It was nicely done. XD Though yeah, it's 5:47 AM here and I'm going to bed soon. Yes, I know sleep is overrated.

Btw, Welfare, you should get Bart there to show you how to embed. ^^ Yay fun learning experience! XD

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alymorel said:
Oh I don't mind that I got derailed, no worries. It was nicely done. XD Though yeah, it's 5:47 AM here and I'm going to bed soon. Yes, I know sleep is overrated.

Btw, Welfare, you should get Bart there to show you how to embed. ^^ Yay fun learning experience! XD

I disagree, I sleep more than a hybernating bear, I force myself to wake up in between to eat most of the time, otherwise I would lack so many nutrients. lol

I need excercise -=- or ima end up like that fat guy, I cant walk abit with out my legs hurting, ARGH.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-06 04:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
I need excercise -=- or ima end up like that fat guy, I cant walk abit with out my legs hurting, ARGH.

Well, you are pregnant. I've never heard a preggo woman NOT complain about that.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-06 04:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it, I'm getting a grilled cheese.
 Asura.Alymorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-06 04:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Grilled cheese is AMAZING. You should make some tater tots too.
First Page 2 3 4