First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 12:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You know PS2 users see NMs + HNMs before any other system 90% of the time (unless their internet connection sucks).
This has nothing to do with memory usage and everything to do with how objects are rendered on the respective systems.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-06-04 12:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:

They're tied just to the weapon, not to a class. Like how you learned weapon skills way back when.

"Douchnozzle's Great Axe skill rises 0.2 points."
"Douchenozzle's Great Axe skill reaches Level 200."
"Douchenozzle learned Raging Rush."

That's just speculation, we still don't know how they're going to be obtained, but let's hope it's this way. I mean, there's a big stretch from 76 to 99 to get skill ups, so there *must* be normally learned Weapon Skills, right? ...right?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Not like that is matters most the time anymore. If you have a decent connection you see and attempt to claim the mob before the game allows you too claim a mob even on comp if you are within range when it pops and there isn't a button of lag
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-06-04 13:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it or not yet, but... Tachi: Ageha has spiritual butterflies flying out of it at the end, so it must be amazing.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
Server: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-06-04 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to jump in and say I would be totally amazed if the sword WS does 500+ damage in anything worth wild lol
Bacically i'm just hoping what ever WS they give sword at the least you be able to make light & darkness off it (from a Blu perspective) 8D
 Leviathan.Hastefeet
Server: Leviathan
user: Andras
By Leviathan.Hastefeet 2010-06-04 14:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG GA

that looked cool to me... so ima be using that if i can
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-04 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Terrible, terrible looking 1 hits that will prolly be weak for most of the weapons. I will say PLD sword looked promising, HP drain it seems. Might be good for solo or when you just got hit by a big attack with shadows down, not amazing, but can see it being useful. DRG also get a 1hit... might be ***like wheeling, might be good, otherwise I wasn't happy with any of them. :/

I will say I miss doing Dragon Kick, maybe Tornado Kick(same animation as DK) will have amazing mods for mnk and we can do some dmg on ws now, I'm still not happy they *** with my asuran so long ago.
 Ifrit.Kawasaki
Server: Ifrit
user: kawasaki
By Ifrit.Kawasaki 2010-06-04 14:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I embedded the player now for your enjoyement. P.S. there is no way that a water WS will be good. LOL.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-04 14:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kawasaki said:
I embedded the player now for your enjoyement. P.S. there is no way that a water WS will be good. LOL.

nin/drk opening ws on suzaku duh, it will totally out dmg spirits within at 300tp.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-04 14:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh You people obviously have never heard of Primal Rend. a 100% Elemental Light Based weaponskill for BST, it can do upward 1k DMG with the right MAB Gear, and has a strong CHR mod making it extremely effective on any mob with any sort of Defense.

Any BST Can vouch for that.

Secondly, Every single Tachi: Style weaponskill looks DECEPTIVELY ELEMENTAL but nearly none of them are, and are in fact, physical. This could very well hold true for the entire video.

But seriously even if they aren't Physical, theres plenty of mobs in the game i would love to have a Non-shitty Elemental Weaponskill on (Like Primal Rend)... JoFort, Nyzul Amorph floors, SALVAGE Flans, Limbus Elemental floors, etc.

Basically against any mob with absurdly high Defense or natural PDT
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-04 14:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Xaiiver said:
SE should look into HongKong comics for WS animations

It's not for lack of inspiration, animations take a lot of memory, sooo, here we go again, ps2limitations. I wish they would just officially close support for the dead console.

As a die hard console player I'd be in favor of this only if they managed to get this going on their PS3. I'd never play on PC cuz I hate to give up my comfy sofa and the ability to play on a 46" tv while watching tv thru PIP.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-04 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Xaiiver said:

It's not for lack of inspiration, animations take a lot of memory, sooo, here we go again, ps2limitations. I wish they would just officially close support for the dead console.

As a die hard console player I'd be in favor of this only if they managed to get this going on their PS3. I'd never play on PC cuz I hate to give up my comfy sofa and the ability to play on a 46" tv while watching tv thru PIP.
FFXIV is the same thing as FFXI if they cut PS2 support. Seriously.

And I hope they never make it for Xbox360 either (As much as I like Xbox), because it doesn't support Blu-Ray meaning Xbox360 limitations will be the new PS2 limitations.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-04 15:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Xaiiver said:

And I hope they never make it for Xbox360 either (As much as I like Xbox), because it doesn't support Blu-Ray meaning Xbox360 limitations will be the new PS2 limitations.

Ya Im looking forward to the ffxiv release. I really wish they gave us the option to transfer characters tho. Giving up 7 years of game play to start again is gonna be hard.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 15:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

how would you transfer your character if its a completely different game? and why would you want to start a brand new game at max level? wouldn't that take out a major part of the allure if every mob in the game even the hardest ones, started out as too weak?
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-04 15:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
how would you transfer your character if its a completely different game? and why would you want to start a brand new game at max level? wouldn't that take out a major part of the allure if every mob in the game even the hardest ones, started out as too weak?
I was thinking they could have a system where, for instance, if you have X amount of 75 jobs, you'd get some free items ingame. Nothing overpowered, but maybe like some FFXI items as town gear, LV1 with no stats, just to look cool. Dude, if I had Maat's Cap in FFXI and could only get the same model in FFXIV if I transfered my character, that would be more than enough incentive to reactivate my FFXI character and finish my last three jobs.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-06-04 15:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Judging from the SS's and the game play videos...Im willing to wager its not THAT completely different. Im guessing its going to be close to FFXI but more "streamlined" for lack of a better word. And as far as transfering characters goes...its not a new concept..and Im sure if SE wanted to they could easily implement it provided they had the same jobs as ffxi to begin with.
As for starting out at "max level"...we don't know what ffxiv's lvl cap will even be (do we?). Anywho...none of this really matters cuz its all hypothetical and only exists in my head....or does it? I'm still looking forward to the release...hopefully it'll be worth the wait.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 15:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

actually from what I'm seeing of FF14 it IS completely different so far....but thats neither here nor there i suppose lol

*edited
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-06-04 16:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the good news Corsairs can now get to pistol whip mobs.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-06-04 16:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

whatever WS you want, its gonna be a pain in the *** to obtain. ;; nyzul WS wasn't bad unless you didn't have floor 100..

The new WS is gonna be hard to get, i can feel it :(
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 16:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Lakshmi.Xaiiver said:

Xbox fanboy (ish) as I am, that is nothing short of the truth. But even more damning is the lack of standardized hDD's. Disc format isn't going to matter so much when it comes to a game run off the HD, but FFXI alone takes an ENTIRE stock 20gb (approx16gig after formatting) So yah...

PS3 will choke FFXIV as well, but I don't see the effect coming as soon, or as drastically as it did with FFXI, say what you want, SE are not untalented developers* (The FFVI, IX and XII teams are not at least, jury still out on the samey *** pre-teen angstfests of VII, VIII, X, XIII), the simple fact that they have run FFXI off PS2's hardware alone is testimonial to that.
[+]
 Valefor.Ninesunz
Server: Valefor
user: ninesunz
By Valefor.Ninesunz 2010-06-04 16:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They all looked like they had some type of enfeeb on them.
As for the graphical look...meh
I dont expect them to be high dmging WSs.
 Asura.Matakuko
user: MATAKUKO
By Asura.Matakuko 2010-06-04 16:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sonnus said:
is it just me or are they missing a few classes in terms of ws. I don't see ones for dnc or blu, so does that mean its just gonna be shared?

There are a total of 14 new WS being added, 1 per weapon type, not job specific like the way Mythic WS were implemented.
By Manslayer 2010-06-04 17:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I like and dislike them....some like tornado kick, numbing shot, bora axe are bad *** looking. Fell cleave is cool but still iffy bout that one...the rest are just like wtf were you thinking when you made the animation for this. being a sam at heart i'm very dissapointed with the new animation of tachi: ageha.... but as everyone has said its really what they do in reality that counts and not in the animation.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-05 03:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

But Manslayer, there are BUTTERFLYSs.
 Bahamut.Striker
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-06-05 06:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

"New" ws's in order there is a reason they look familiar, dragon kick, blade: teki, cyclone, blast shot, spirits within, mistral axe, Hard Slash, retribution, catastrophe, Tachi: Goten, Raiden thrust, brainshaker, new arrow one, steel cyclone.
The bow one is the only one that really looks new, because there isnt alot of variety in the bow ws's now anyways other than the hit animation. Alot of them are just you shooting an arrow forward aside from blast arrow/arching arrow.
They went through the trouble for new flashy animations.
Couldnt they have at least come up with some new movements?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7