-_- or not
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-04 05:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, at least these don't seem to be job specific like the last set of WS. So, if the new one is good for mnk, may also be good for my pup. Would be badass if sam could use the new lace skill, though I can't see a 1hit beating penta in polearm situations.

A non-sucky opener for level 3 SCs, perhaps?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 05:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well, at least these don't seem to be job specific like the last set of WS. So, if the new one is good for mnk, may also be good for my pup. Would be badass if sam could use the new lace skill, though I can't see a 1hit beating penta in polearm situations.

Ya I would love to see those WSs for pup and sam as well..and it MIGHT beat penta if it has a higher enough str mod
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 05:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Ya I would love to see those WSs for pup and sam as well..and it MIGHT beat penta if it has a higher enough str mod
would have to have godly ftp for merit lv mobs and you don't use penta on hnm anyway. a high str mod won't cut it
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 05:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't the FTP already be high since it looks like a 1 hit WS?

And for all the people QQing that there are too many elemental WSs....those new ones might not actually have elemental damage attached to them..just look at Tachi:Yukikaze..its animation is a lot of ice, but not even remotely close to ice dmg

edit: and I kinda hope that Sonic Thrust has some sort of range to it...I hate when mobs suddenly move a little bit or somebody all the sudden takes hate and makes me lose TP lol

P.S. Damn you Tiger...can't stop laughing at that avatar lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 05:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean like 300tp full swing high lol cause penta is 5-7 depending on DA procs
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-06-04 05:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

They looked pretty sweet, I hope PUP doesnt get screwed out of more WSs, i'd like to have Tornado Kick.
 Leviathan.Optimis
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-06-04 05:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Numbing edge looks pretty cool lol pistol whip BAM headshot lol
 Phoenix.Kryptik
Server: Phoenix
user: phawk23
By Phoenix.Kryptik 2010-06-04 05:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow im feeling PUP not getting a new WS lol. . . but I am feeling BST WS looks pimped
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 06:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

oh and for the record...since its a bunch of fire kicks, the Tornado Kick shall now be referred to as FALCON KICK!!!
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-06-04 06:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
oh and for the record...since its a bunch of fire kicks, the Tornado Kick shall now be referred to as FALCON KICK!!!
building kick*
 Fenrir.Arsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2010-06-04 06:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

after checking the vid twice..

i started to wonder if Tachi: Ageha and Sonic Thrust.... would be ranged ws like the Mistral Axe.
 Phoenix.Azyattic
Server: Phoenix
user: Azyattic
By Phoenix.Azyattic 2010-06-04 07:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arsi said:
after checking the vid twice.. i started to wonder if Tachi: Ageha and Sonic Thrust.... would be ranged ws like the Mistral Axe.

sonic thrust does kinda like its shot out the polearm lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 07:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that too, it almost seemed that Sonich Thrust was from a longer distance. I didn't see that on Ageha though, I'll rewatch in a bit.

My one hope is that they are not quested. I would think most of us agree, we have enough headaches as it is with quested weaponskills... I still have to do Club and Staff as well as work on Atonement now =(
 Bismarck.Alana
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Alana 2010-06-04 07:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

BSTWS looks sexy

andlol PLD gets a drain WS funny stuff i guess
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-06-04 07:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They look nice~
 Titan.Gennss
Server: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2010-06-04 07:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

new possibilities for self-sc? Especially on drk, since it doesn't seem to be able to solo a lvl 3 SC.?
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 07:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Gennss said:
new possibilities for self-sc? Especially on drk, since it doesn't seem to be able to solo a lvl 3 SC.?
Probably.
 Sylph.Teleia
user: Teleia
By Sylph.Teleia 2010-06-04 07:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't say i'm impressed.... by all means another ws would be nice.... but seriously..... ; ;
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Server: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-06-04 07:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tornado Kick - Dragon kick
Blade: yu - Blade: teki
Aeolian Blade - Cyclone
Numbing Shot - Blast shot
Sanguine Blade - Spirits within
Bora Axe - Mistral axe
Herculean slash - Shockwave
Cataclysm - Retribution
Infernal Scythe - Catastrophe
Tachi: Ageha - Tachi: yukikaze
Sonic Thrust - Raiden thrust
Refulgent Arrow - Empyreal arrow(only one not sure of)
Fell Cleave - Steel Cyclone

As you can see yes all of them are reskins of ws already available but some of them look nice and hopefully most of them will be really useful for the jobs that can use them.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 07:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

lol damn..people are upset about these WSs already...and they aren't even in the game lol
[+]
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-04 07:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The new WS seem promising but I'm wondering if it is even worth trying to obtain the relic WS' in the two-some-odd years it takes to unlock them now since we have these new ones.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 07:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Obliterate said:
Tornado Kick - Dragon kick
Blade: yu - Blade: teki
Aeolian Blade - Cyclone
Numbing Shot - Blast shot
Sanguine Blade - Spirits within
Bora Axe - Mistral axe
Herculean slash - Shockwave
Cataclysm - Retribution
Infernal Scythe - Catastrophe
Tachi: Ageha - Tachi: yukikaze
Sonic Thrust - Raiden thrust
Refulgent Arrow - Empyreal arrow(only one not sure of)
Fell Cleave - Steel Cyclone

As you can see yes all of them are reskins of ws already available but some of them look nice and hopefully most of them will be really useful for the jobs that can use them.

and no they are not all reskins....wtf does the animation on Infernal Scythe (it looks like antlion's jaws btw.....) have to do with Catastrophe? seriously?
[+]
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-06-04 07:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Tornado Kick - Dragon kick Blade: yu - Blade: teki Aeolian Blade - Cyclone Numbing Shot - Blast shot Sanguine Blade - Spirits within Bora Axe - Mistral axe Herculean slash - Shockwave Cataclysm - Retribution Infernal Scythe - Catastrophe Tachi: Ageha - Tachi: yukikaze Sonic Thrust - Raiden thrust Refulgent Arrow - Empyreal arrow(only one not sure of) Fell Cleave - Steel Cyclone As you can see yes all of them are reskins of ws already available but some of them look nice and hopefully most of them will be really useful for the jobs that can use them.
and no they are not all reskins....wtf does the animation on Infernal Scythe (it looks like antlion's jaws btw.....) have to do with Catastrophe? seriously?

I just listed that they are all reskins and yes infernal scythe is just catastrophe reskined
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 07:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Tornado Kick - Dragon kick Blade: yu - Blade: teki Aeolian Blade - Cyclone Numbing Shot - Blast shot Sanguine Blade - Spirits within Bora Axe - Mistral axe Herculean slash - Shockwave Cataclysm - Retribution Infernal Scythe - Catastrophe Tachi: Ageha - Tachi: yukikaze Sonic Thrust - Raiden thrust Refulgent Arrow - Empyreal arrow(only one not sure of) Fell Cleave - Steel Cyclone As you can see yes all of them are reskins of ws already available but some of them look nice and hopefully most of them will be really useful for the jobs that can use them.
I just listed that they are all reskins and yes infernal scythe is just catastrophe reskined
I think the whole thing is getting misunderstood. A better way to explain this is, a lot of the motions are being reused, but visual effects of the weaponskills are different.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-06-04 07:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
I think the whole thing is getting misunderstood. A better way to explain this is, a lot of the motions are being reused, but visual effects of the weaponskills are different.

Yes thats a better way of putting it ty sir
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 07:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't call that a "reskin" then, cuz then we can say well Catastrophe is the same as slice...since its a sweeping motion of the scythe itself...get real lol you can say that for like 99% of all of the WSs in game....the animations are different though..like somebody said earlier, there are only so many ways you can swing each weapon type....
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 07:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
i wouldn't call that a "reskin" then, cuz then we can say well Catastrophe is the same as slice...since its a sweeping motion of the scythe itself...get real lol you can say that for like 99% of all of the WSs in game....the animations are different though..like somebody said earlier, there are only so many ways you can swing each weapon type....

Honestly if you flip through the animations on a viewer, very few are reused. If I had to put a guess to it I'd say maybe 5-10% are reused motions of curent obtainable weaponskills.

Of course I am also guessing it, I only looked through scythes and from what I recall of other weaponskills. I'll do math later if it's needed.
 Diabolos.Obliterate
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-06-04 08:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The character motions and actions during the weaponskills are exactly the same as ws already in the game of course the full animation (colors and sound) are different making it a DIFFERENT ws which is the point. Thats what "reskin" means, using the same motions/actions and adding different color and sound effects. I don't see whats so complicated about that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7