New weapon skills
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-06-04 11:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

They should make the new WS like they did with Magian weaps.
Start with a base ws that is extremely dumb'd down and then follow different paths to customize that ws. I really don't think this is what they are going to do but might be cool..
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Tibirian
Server: Fairy
user: Tibirian
By Fairy.Tibirian 2010-06-04 11:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Plz god don't let torando kick be dragon kick 2. That would suck don't have any use for the attack as it is. Was hoping for a 10 hit weaponskill or something. At least drk final got a single hit weapson skill. Might be a good boost to dmg like sam.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-04 11:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
They should make the new WS like they did with Magian weaps.
Start with a base ws that is extremely dumb'd down and then follow different paths to customize that ws. I really don't think this is what they are going to do but might be cool..

And piss people off more about needing weather? c.c
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 11:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tibirian said:
Plz god don't let torando kick be dragon kick 2. That would suck don't have any use for the attack as it is. Was hoping for a 10 hit weaponskill or something. At least drk final got a single hit weapson skill. Might be a good boost to dmg like sam.
Yeah that would be awesome.... oh wait you can't have more than 8 hits in an attack round.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Please please please let Sanguine Blade be an Aspir WS. A Drain WS would overall be pretty meh given that we couldn't put out Cata-like numbers (and thus wouldn't get Cata-like HP drains, leaving something to be desired), but Aspir would be wtfpwn.

Sonic Thrust kinda looks like Wheeling v2, could be interesting.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-04 11:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched the video and didn't see any that were all that impressive. I'd rather have a useful/damaging WS then one that simply looks pretty.
Quote:
Magian quest however could be one way

I hate the idea of everything new having to be part of the Magician quests.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 11:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Please please please let Sanguine Blade be an Aspir WS. A Drain WS would overall be pretty meh given that we couldn't put out Cata-like numbers (and thus wouldn't get Cata-like HP drains, leaving something to be desired), but Aspir would be wtfpwn.
Depends what if they made it broken like cannibal blade used to be?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 11:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shaky logic given that 1) Cannibal Blade got patched and 2) they're not going to make a lolswordWS better than a relic WS on one of its major properties.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 11:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Shaky logic given that 1) Cannibal Blade got patched and 2) they're not going to make a lolswordWS better than a relic WS on one of its major properties.
I SAID WHAT IF! Anyways you never know with them. Though it would probably get fixed if they did that
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 12:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tibirian said:

Derp. Monk already has a ws that hits the maximum number of times allowed in an attack round.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-06-04 12:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

would be nice if that sword ws was drain tp or something fun like that.... some look better than other imo tho.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-04 12:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I could be wrong here but isn't Dragon Kick at least semi-useful for harder targets given that OAT Wargs proc with Footwork up?

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 12:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed a lot of melee weapon skills were used at quite a distance from the mob. Although I believe this is mainly because of demonstrative purposes and don't reflect on the nitty gritty details.

Anyways, many appear to be very elemental based; perhaps something stressing more importance with what we fight and how we fight them as we face more difficult mobs with the level cap increase. For once I'd like to see elemental WSes have significant impact over your bread and butter weapon skills like Gekko, Sidewinder, Blade: Jin, Penta Thrust etc.

Also I noticed quite a few have names or animations suggestive to giving status debuffs. Depending on the potency and duration we could have some real tide turning/solo assisting goodness coming our way.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 12:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things that annoyed me in FFXI is the lack of stress given by elemental spells or effects. No matter what the mob is weak to, more often than not Thunder/Burst Blizzard/Freeze always come ahead. And if you use an elemental weapon skill, even if based around the mob's weakness, it does ***damage compared to a normal physical counterpart.

Also the fact that blood tanking/turtling simply doesn't work on high level mobs. It's a game that feeds the /nin stigma, which puts a bad taste in my mouth. Not to deny it's usefulness or utility, but I really would like some variety without sacrificing everything.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 12:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Two things that annoyed me in FFXI is the lack of stress given by elemental spells or effects. No matter what the mob is weak to, more often than not Thunder/Burst Blizzard/Freeze always come ahead. And if you use an elemental weapon skill, even if based around the mob's weakness, it does ***damage compared to a normal physical counterpart.

Also the fact that blood tanking/turtling simply doesn't work on high level mobs. It's a game that feeds the /nin stigma, which puts a bad taste in my mouth. Not to deny it's usefulness or utility, but I really would like some variety without sacrificing everything.

Well, At least some of your wish came true with Yilbegan. PLD/NIN can't do ***against that with Gaspam and Dancing Tail every 5 seconds. PLD/BLU max Defense is the way to go. "Yilbegan uses Dancing Tail, pride takes 3 points of damage." ftw.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-04 12:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Well, At least some of your wish came true with Yilbegan. PLD/NIN can't do ***against that with Gaspam and Dancing Tail every 5 seconds. PLD/BLU max Defense is the way to go. "Yilbegan uses Dancing Tail, pride takes 3 points of damage." ftw.

Yeah... But I rather see blood tanking/turtle builds work equally well as blink tanking. Of course each boss has their own specialty in the way it should be approached but it's sad that 99% of the mobs RAPE the hell out of you even in supertank mode.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Xaiiver
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Xaiiver 2010-06-04 12:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I was hoping SE will release a samurai WS animation that look like combination of kasha + shoulder tackle, start with kasha stand and move in with shoulder tackle ani and release a slash upward like kasha.
Another thought will be tachi:enpi + blade:Ku, where sam start with blade:ku teleportal anime move behind enemy for 1st slash then port back to front to release 2nd slash.
Isn't that kool WS animation if it actually happened?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-04 12:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A slash is always better than a poke with GK lol
 Asura.Twotones
Server: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Twotones 2010-06-04 12:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With all the new weapon skillz and gear and such that they adding my only 2 questions would be.

1 Add more gdi macro lines or gtfo

2 Add more space and same as above that is all.

Btw side note wth is with the dragon kick v.2
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 12:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the issue is that players just can't get enough VIT to lower the monster's attack floor. Yilbegan Cocoon tanking needs quite a bit of VIT if you don't have enough TA to lock hate, or else those somewhat little pecks quickly add up into Yilbegan Souldousing the rangers, who love to stand near the bards, who are near the healers... you get the idea.

Paladin should get it's own "Stance" that lowers monsters damage floor, but lowers attack speed, accuracy and magical potency. That may sound counter productive, but we can't have everything (Balance, amirite) so like everything else in the game, you have to identify the proper situation to switch to your defensive stance at expense of tp gain/cure potency.
 Lakshmi.Xaiiver
By Lakshmi.Xaiiver 2010-06-04 12:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SE should look into HongKong comics for WS animations
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 12:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Xaiiver said:
SE should look into HongKong comics for WS animations

It's not for lack of inspiration, animations take a lot of memory, sooo, here we go again, ps2limitations. I wish they would just officially close support for the dead console.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sonnus
user: Sonnus1
By Lakshmi.Sonnus 2010-06-04 12:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

is it just me or are they missing a few classes in terms of ws. I don't see ones for dnc or blu, so does that mean its just gonna be shared?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 12:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sonnus said:
is it just me or are they missing a few classes in terms of ws. I don't see ones for dnc or blu, so does that mean its just gonna be shared?

They're tied just to the weapon, not to a class. Like how you learned weapon skills way back when.

"Douchnozzle's Great Axe skill rises 0.2 points."
"Douchenozzle's Great Axe skill reaches Level 200."
"Douchenozzle learned Raging Rush."
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7