New weapon skills
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Sylph.Akibakei
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-04 08:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bora Axe... was that an Axe WS that actually hit at a range?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-04 08:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

its not that its complicated, i get the notion of "reskins" like on armor and ***...but i dont think you can really use the term "reskin" when it comes to animations like that, seeing is how the majority of the WS animations and the end results are completely different. because there are only so many ways you can swing a weapon, you're gonna have to start with the same motion a few times if you have 12 different WSs for each weapon class....
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 08:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Bora Axe... was that an Axe WS that actually hit at a range?
Yes, Mistral Axe.
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
its not that its complicated, i get the notion of "reskins" like on armor and ***...but i dont think you can really use the term "reskin" when it comes to animations like that, seeing is how the majority of the WS animations and the end results are completely different. because there are only so many ways you can swing a weapon, you're gonna have to start with the same motion a few times if you have 12 different WSs for each weapon class....
Honestly a weapon is just an extension of your own arm/hand. So whatever you can do with your arm/hand you can do with a weapon. At least with one handed, I can't say the same for two hands, though it should nearly be the same.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 08:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Scythe weapon skill is the one used on players in the ASA final battle.

A powerful, single hit high fTP/pDIF scythe ws is what I'm hoping for out of that. A High power Dark Elemental wouldn't be too bad either, as it is used against different targets than Guillotine would be. (For evidence on how Elemental WS's can NOT suck, see: Primal Rend. 800dmg to VT mob on non/MAB sub ftw)

Despite being recycled swing animation (None of the effects are recycled) Herculean Slash looks cool, Borea Axe looks cool (But another high-power Elemental Axe WS?)

Tachi: Amahu looks based on effect animation: Slows Target, Damage varies with TP... but then again, how does Yuki look like it blinds, or Kasha looks like it paralyzes. Gekko at least you can say "If I got cut in half, I'd be pretty silent too."

wtfblade:yu.
By 3216694 2010-06-04 08:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how ppl cry. These weapon skills are "reskins"(wtf kind of word is that?) or look boring. NOTHING SE ever does satisfies you losers, YET you still choose to play. Go play something else if you don't like anything about the *** game.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-06-04 08:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

3216694 said:
I love how ppl cry. These weapon skills are "reskins"(wtf kind of word is that?) or look boring. NOTHING SE ever does satisfies you losers, YET you still choose to play. Go play something else if you don't like anything about the *** game.

lol, nobodies complaining about reskins. It's that the new skins for the weaponskills are unimpressive looking.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-04 08:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

3216694 said:
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-04 08:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

3216694 said:
I love how people are morons. If you wanna start ***do it in the flame core. The only true loser is you for posting on a dummy account and being an ***.

*cue there is the door, gtfo pic*
 Titan.Gennss
Server: Titan
user: gennss
By Titan.Gennss 2010-06-04 08:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, ppl just need something to cry about. /ignorepet on.

=D
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-04 08:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
3216694 said:

lol, nobodies complaining about reskins. It's that the new skins for the weaponskills are unimpressive looking.

Yah, compare to last time, some of the animations looked downright balls intense. Honorable Mentions include: Insurgency, Stringing Pummel, Tachi: Rana, PyythricIcantspellthatshitKleos.

Bear in mind however, at the bottom of the page, it does say "Weapon skills may differ from final version" It's possible, however unlikely, the animations used are simply test-animations used for a very early build while testing skillchain/power balance. When the actual Mechanics are done, the artists and animators can polish up the visuals as best they can.
[+]
 Phoenix.Premier
Server: Phoenix
user: Premier
By Phoenix.Premier 2010-06-04 08:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
3216694 said:

Yah, compare to last time, some of the animations looked downright balls intense. Honorable Mentions include: Insurgency, Stringing Pummel, Tachi: Rana, PyythricIcantspellthatshitKleos.

Bear in mind however, at the bottom of the page, it does say "Weapon skills may differ from final version" It's possible, however unlikely, the animations used are simply test-animations used for a very early build while testing skillchain/power balance. When the actual Mechanics are done, the artists and animators can polish up the visuals as best they can.

Honestly, I think SE does that just so they can do one of two things;

1. Reserve the right to screw it up between now and the update (in case you like it)
or
2. Use the statement to add a glimmer of hope that they will be better when they are actually released. (in case you don't like it)
 Asura.Flufferkins
Server: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-06-04 08:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter if it's a re-skin or not. The damage calculation that will go with them is what matters, and we can ALL tell from the animation what that will be >.>

On a realistic note though the Marksmanship weaponskill seemed to be the most peculiar. It's been pointed out how comedic it looks for the Tarutaru COR to thwap the mob on the head and then blast it in the face, BUT! That appears to be a close range WS (like blast shot).... Which leads to some speculation they may be trying to encourage Gun rangers to melee for tp again? (Not going to happen likely unless the ws beats slugshot but meh)
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-04 08:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk gets another addition from SE saying "USE FOOTWORK"
 Cerberus.Lynde
Server: Cerberus
user: Pkmnmastr
By Cerberus.Lynde 2010-06-04 09:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Darkshade said:
SOOOOOOOONIC THRUUUUUUST

HA! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was saying that. XD
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-06-04 09:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I quite liked Samurai's new WS. Purely because it's another 1 hit WS so potentially will have decent mods on it (potentially), also it's a very fast animation so easier to work with on skillchains as long *** animations bore me.

But overall I'm happy with it but I kinda would have preferred a multi-hit WS, but judging on Tachi: Rana... I wasn't too convinced.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-04 09:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Go go single hit scythe with a pDif bonus!
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-04 09:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill up party lv276-350 Can I have it? o.o
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-04 10:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

the pld one is spirits within, but whatever, new stuff is good stuff ^^
By Tristean 2010-06-04 10:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Pyrrhic Kleos > Aeolian Blade

Same WS exept Aeolian Blade hit 2X instead of 4X and doesn't look as cool lol.

Here's hoping to maybe be able to solo light on my DNC now though o.O
 Ramuh.Rustytiger
By Ramuh.Rustytiger 2010-06-04 10:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
3216694 said:

I couldn't have said it better myself, 'nuff said :-P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-04 10:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The new GA WS looks badass, I can't wait to get it though I only just unlocked KJ QQ
 Phoenix.Wasuvi
Server: Phoenix
user: Wasuvi
By Phoenix.Wasuvi 2010-06-04 10:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The animations aside...are these actually going to do damage? Or do we have more shitty WS otw courtesy of SE. (True flight...wtf?) /sigh, I hope that Sword one the PLD used at least drains HP or something. Make it useful!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nexdeus
Server: Bismarck
user: Greyfin
By Bismarck.Nexdeus 2010-06-04 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

What Tornado kick should really be~
 Asura.Masekase
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-06-04 10:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at these weapon skills are the weapons they are using in the game allready ?

Because I dont recognise them esp drks one. Which makes me think these are gonna come from the magians trials and be a *** too get.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 10:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gunna laugh if you have to have the mythic weapons to use those ws like they show the people in the vid having lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-04 10:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Masekase said:
Looking at these weapon skills are the weapons they are using in the game allready ?

Because I dont recognise them esp drks one. Which makes me think these are gonna come from the magians trials and be a *** too get.
I haven't looked them all up but I have definitely seen a few in campaign
 Asura.Masekase
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-06-04 10:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep just seen that drks is mythic weapon. So im thinking these are just upgrade weapon skills for mythic weapons through magians trial.
By Tristean 2010-06-04 10:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
I'm gunna laugh if you have to have the mythic weapons to use those ws like they show the people in the vid having lol

They would need to come up with more WS's becausue not all the jobs are seen using new WS's
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7