I Don't Get It, Why Do People Feel The Need To Leave Their Parental Home...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » I don't get it, why do people feel the need to leave their parental home...
I don't get it, why do people feel the need to leave their parental home...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Rush? Hmmm idk used to be a societal norm. Just the way I was raised. Don't like relying on people who are no longer legally obligated to support you. Though I wouldn't mind hitting my mom up for 15 years back child support.

Even so, I never seen such a norm. People say social norms, but I call ***. You go out on your own and something happens, your parents say I told you so and are always right. Therefore if you go asking for help they should laugh and say no, *** off.

Therefore, no all families are the same. Not everyone has a mother and father.

Yeah it all really depends where you are standing, so resuming this thread is worthless, no one should be ashamed to live with their parents unless they are just leeching off , considering how economy is nowdays too it's even better to live with someone else, less bills more time for saving up etc. Who knows what will happen tomorrow, it's always good to have some savings incase of emergency.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 14:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Because after 18 youre an adult and shouldnt rely on your parents, if you were smart you wouldve gotten a job as soon as you turned 16 and saved up money. once you graduate high school thats pretty much when you should gtfo your parents home.

Another person that does not know ***, and is ignorant.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Because after 18 youre an adult and shouldnt rely on your parents, if you were smart you wouldve gotten a job as soon as you turned 16 and saved up money. once you graduate high school thats pretty much when you should gtfo your parents home.

yeah probably a 14 year old kid that thinks life is that perfect and works how you plan it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 14:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
You sound like you were just forced out of your house basicly, I don't know the real story just sounds like it, and I was on my own once I know what it's like, atm I think first of the well being of my son and what's more comftruble for us. My mother also lives alone and needs help around the house too, so we moved together. We help each other, works better that way than separate, because at the end of the day when we were separate if she needed something I gave it to her vice versa.

Just saying really.
There was no basically about it. It was flat out start paying at least 1/3 the bills when I graduate or have plans to immediately be on my own or /boot. Also made it clear they wouldn't give 1 red cent to help support me or pay for college etc. Those exact words even. Oddly it's different now that I have been on my own. Well probably more because I joined the Navy. I get asked back sometimes when I actually ya know feel like talking to them. Like recently to help take care of my step mom... which I like cali and was bored but gf moved in so yeah not so much
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
You sound like you were just forced out of your house basicly, I don't know the real story just sounds like it, and I was on my own once I know what it's like, atm I think first of the well being of my son and what's more comftruble for us. My mother also lives alone and needs help around the house too, so we moved together. We help each other, works better that way than separate, because at the end of the day when we were separate if she needed something I gave it to her vice versa.

Just saying really.
There was no basically about it. It was flat out start paying at least 1/3 the bills when I graduate or have plans to immediately be on my own or /boot. Also made it clear they wouldn't give 1 red cent to help support me or pay for college etc. Those exact words even. Oddly it's different now that I have been on my own. Well probably more because I joined the Navy. I get asked back sometimes when I actually ya know feel like talking to them. Like recently to help take care of my step mom... which I like cali and was bored but gf moved in so yeah not so much

Yep, as expected. I was offered help and support never kicked out, then again I graduated at 16, who would kick out a 16 year old? Even still nowdays they wouldn't kick me out or talk to me that way like I'm all alone in this world. My parents don't suck that hard.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Rush? Hmmm idk used to be a societal norm. Just the way I was raised. Don't like relying on people who are no longer legally obligated to support you. Though I wouldn't mind hitting my mom up for 15 years back child support.

Even so, I never seen such a norm. People say social norms, but I call ***. You go out on your own and something happens, your parents say I told you so and are always right. Therefore if you go asking for help they should laugh and say no, *** off.

Yeah it all really depends where you are standing, so resuming this thread is worthless, no one should be ashamed to live with their parents unless they are just leeching off , considering how economy is nowdays too it's even better to live with someone else, less bills more time for saving up etc. Who knows what will happen tomorrow, it's always good to have some savings incase of emergency.

Also some people go to college, have some people have those parents, whom are from have this family structure and pride they carried over from what ever country they came from.

It is not the same for everyone; Then you have stupid people like the Op above me, that American Sttigma I stoke of.

Soo... if you graduate from HS, you think a parent today, or any other parent who had children 15+ years ago before the current teens of today, would let their children move out with out going to college?

Maybe the post I quoted did not grow up like some and had a different rough life, but do not put people in your ***of a concept, with out knowing the situation.
Quote:
0Gilgamesh.Astrida said:

18 years old is not a *** adult, this was the post I was speaking of. Someone who is 18 is more likely to be irresponsible and F*ck up, as years go by they will hit the mid 20's and realize what mistakes they made. It is around this time you are more fully developed to realize there is a difference between 18 and 26-30.

Sorry you guys may think 18-21 is an adult, mentally it isn't.

This post I quoted is from someone who is older than most people here 38ish-40ish, or if not you are a dumbass git.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 14:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
You sound like you were just forced out of your house basicly, I don't know the real story just sounds like it, and I was on my own once I know what it's like, atm I think first of the well being of my son and what's more comftruble for us. My mother also lives alone and needs help around the house too, so we moved together. We help each other, works better that way than separate, because at the end of the day when we were separate if she needed something I gave it to her vice versa. Just saying really.
Yep, as expected. I was offered help and support never kicked out, then again I graduated at 16, who would kick out a 16 year old? Even still nowdays they wouldn't kick me out or talk to me that way like I'm all alone in this world. My parents don't suck that hard.
My step mom probably. There was a reason I didn't graduate a semester early even though I had the credits anyways just because of the classes I took. Same reason why I didn't try to finish even earlier than that lol
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Also some people go to college, have some people have those parents, whom are from have this family structure and pride they carried over from what ever country they came from.

It is not the same for everyone; Then you have stupid people like the Op above me, that American Sttigma I stoke of.

Soo... if you graduate from HS, you think a parent today, or any other parent who had children 15 years ago before the current teens of today, would let their children move out with out going to college?

Maybe the post I quoted did not grow up like some and had a different rough life, but do not put people in your ***of a concept, with out knowing the situation.

Sorry, what?
It's just that I wasn't talking about anything of what you just mentioned.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
You sound like you were just forced out of your house basicly, I don't know the real story just sounds like it, and I was on my own once I know what it's like, atm I think first of the well being of my son and what's more comftruble for us. My mother also lives alone and needs help around the house too, so we moved together. We help each other, works better that way than separate, because at the end of the day when we were separate if she needed something I gave it to her vice versa. Just saying really.
My step mom probably. There was a reason I didn't graduate a semester early even though I had the credits anyways just because of the classes I took. Same reason why I didn't try to finish even earlier than that lol

She's your step-mom, she's considered on the fairy tales like a *** who doesn't love you and wants you to GTFO. I really dislike mine, always trying to separate the family. I do love my step-father though, he's been a great support for us, even though he's never lived with us I've known him almost all my life, and he's always been there to help.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Soo... if you graduate from HS, you think a parent today, or any other parent who had children 15 years ago before the current teens of today, would let their children move out with out going to college?

Sorry, what?

BTW, your assuming too much and attacking me apparently, because I am not even american, I come from a completly different culture that doesn't follow 'the american sitgma' or whatever the *** you name it.

I am not putting anyone under my concept, I am pointing out my opinion, isn't what threads are for? Should try attacking with better points of view, because you really made yoourself look like a weak troll.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 14:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
She's your step-mom, she's considered on the fairy tales like a *** who doesn't love you and wants you to GTFO. I really dislike mine, always trying to separate the family. I do love my step-father though, he's been a great support for us, even though he's never lived with us I've known him almost all my life, and he's always been there to help.
She's also a red head... and an ex-shrink who likes to play mind games. She's calmed down a bit though
 Asura.Chulol
Server: Asura
user: Chulo
By Asura.Chulol 2010-05-20 14:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely agree with the OP on this. I did the who move out, rent an apartment, deal with roommates nonsense and in the end I had nothing to show for it. I had saved very little money and gained absolutely no maturity lmao. Moved back into my parents out for a couple years and now I am buying a house of my own cause I was able to save up for it. Renting is nothing more then paying someone else's mortgage.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 14:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Sorry, what?

BTW, your assuming too much and attacking me apparently, because I am not even american, I come from a completly different culture that doesn't follow 'the american sitgma' or whatever the *** you name it.

I am not putting anyone under my concept, I am pointing out my opinion, isn't what threads are for? Should try attacking with better points of view, because you really made yoourself look like a weak troll.
That is not towards you, I typed it too slow and did not quote the post I meant to. I did it later on, in the post before this one. Sorry about that.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
She's also a red head... and an ex-shrink who likes to play mind games. She's calmed down a bit though

Too bad for your dad, my dad's girlfriend (Cant call her step-mom tbh she's too damn immature) is a cheap *** *** that's with him for the money, she hasn't worked ever since she lives with him lol and gave him a second child, only thing I'm greatful for is my sister about her, other then that, she can screw off on my book.
Asura.Chulol said:
I completely agree with the OP on this. I did the who move out, rent an apartment, deal with roommates nonsense and in the end I had nothing to show for it. I had saved very little money and gained absolutely no maturity lmao. Moved back into my parents out for a couple years and now I am buying a house of my own cause I was able to save up for it. Renting is nothing more then paying someone else's mortgage.

Sometimes you gain very little compared to what you have to give, I really hated roomates too, what a *** waste of time I didn't learn anything from them apart that if I didn't lock my door I risked getting stolen again.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 14:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My posts got gobbled up , did not drink coffee today ; ;.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

Sorry, what?

That is not towards you, I typed it too slow and did not quote the post I meant to. I did it later on, in the post before this one. Sorry about that.

I see I see, it all makes sence now! Quote the right one though, I do want to see who is forcing their concepts and what not!
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-20 14:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a bit embarrassing to be in a serious relationship with someone and having your parents home, plus it's a little awkward when you have friends over and your parents home.

It's also nice to have your own place because you can decorate it how you want and have your own furniture. How many parents want a picture of Basch fon Ronsenburg hanging up in their living room.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 14:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
I think it's a bit embarrassing to be in a serious relationship with someone and having your parents home, plus it's a little awkward when you have friends over and your parents home.

It's also nice to have your own place because you can decorate it how you want and have your own furniture. How many parents want a picture of Basch fon Ronsenburg hanging up in their living room.

I agree with you.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

errr, if you live with parents you abide to their rules that means also decoration, it would be too weird if a parent let you move ***around because you want it that way or have a friendship gathering, if you want all that then move out, other people aren't really thinking about those kind of things though, and just don't put much priority either, other things are more important, like survival lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

I agree with you.

some parents are cool about letting you get laid at their house too lol it's funny, mines don't though and i respect my house. but eh had a boyfriend that I stayed over their place with his parents, it was nice they made me breakfast and sometimes made me do the laundry too @.@
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 14:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

And property tax can be killer. Especially with the way the economy has been going and alot of housting prices are going down. Yeah alot especially nice areas are still going up but still. Not to mention that you unless you can afford to pay extra each month you end up paying almost nothing to the principal for quite a few years so in a way you pratcially are renting.

I remember reading an article awhile back about a study showing that most new self made millionaires were people who rented and just saved up/invested there money with decent paying jobs.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-05-20 14:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

I live with my parents.. And have no intention of moving out at the minute (20 in july)... The girl I'm in a serious relationship with loves that I live here, she's closer to my parents than I am...
 Pandemonium.Balinor
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Balinor 2010-05-20 14:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
It's also nice to have your own place because you can decorate it how you want and have your own furniture.

The only "decoration" I have is empty Mt.Dew cans and empty liqueur bottles all over the place, I might through some half empty hot pocket wrappers around for a little extra flare~
 Asura.Chulol
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chulol 2010-05-20 14:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I keep posting as my old char before they merged servers cause it's first on the list >.> how do I change that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 14:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chulol said:
Man I keep posting as my old char before they merged servers cause it's first on the list >.> how do I change that.
Edit account. Change default avatar
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-05-20 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I live at home and I just turned 21. I'm in college and stuff like that and I contribute to the stuff around the house but really. My mom and I get along really well. I can honestly say she's my best friend. She said herself she's not ready for me to move out because really for like almost 20 years of my life I was the only person she had to talk to and hang out with because my dad was in the military and always gone. We're really close and I feel if I left too far away I'd lose that and I would hate to lose that relationship with my mom.

I don't think people should judge when someone still lives with their parents. Personally I think it would be awesome having like my Grandparents living with us but I barely even know my grandparents I've met my dads side only once and my moms since once before her dad died. I think multifamily homes would be soo cool especially if you get along with them.

A lot of the younger generation "hate" their parents and want to move out asap. I've never hated my mom. My dad and I don't get along much but he was never a huge factor in my life because he was always gone but I wouldn't say I hate him either and I want to do everything to get away from him. I like being around family and I feel I should be around them. My sister's fiance and mine are living with us as well and they thought it was weird at first but then they see how well our family gets along and started hoping their family was like that.

Some people have very distant families.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-05-20 15:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

I live with my parents.. And have no intention of moving out at the minute (20 in july)... The girl I'm in a serious relationship with loves that I live here, she's closer to my parents than I am...

Same here. Minus the closer to my parents then I am part. He definitely gets along with my dad a hell of a lot better though. lol I don't want to move out until we are stable enough to afford a place to buy for ourselves, and I'm not talking renting. I want to buy a house. I can't throw away my money to something that isn't "mine."
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 15:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

I agree with you.

some parents are cool about letting you get laid at their house too lol it's funny, mines don't though and i respect my house. but eh had a boyfriend that I stayed over their place with his parents, it was nice they made me breakfast and sometimes made me do the laundry too @.@

some are not... you should not be doing something like that there. Respect, is key.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 15:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
I live at home and I just turned 21. I'm in college and stuff like that and I contribute to the stuff around the house but really. My mom and I get along really well. I can honestly say she's my best friend. She said herself she's not ready for me to move out because really for like almost 20 years of my life I was the only person she had to talk to and hang out with because my dad was in the military and always gone. We're really close and I feel if I left too far away I'd lose that and I would hate to lose that relationship with my mom.

I don't think people should judge when someone still lives with their parents. Personally I think it would be awesome having like my Grandparents living with us but I barely even know my grandparents I've met my dads side only once and my moms since once before her dad died. I think multifamily homes would be soo cool especially if you get along with them.

A lot of the younger generation "hate" their parents and want to move out asap. I've never hated my mom. My dad and I don't get along much but he was never a huge factor in my life because he was always gone but I wouldn't say I hate him either and I want to do everything to get away from him. I like being around family and I feel I should be around them. My sister's fiance and mine are living with us as well and they thought it was weird at first but then they see how well our family gets along and started hoping their family was like that.

Some people have very distant families.

indeed why i also don't want to leave my mom, I get along with her pretty well now and she does get lonely with out me and I with out her.

Alot of kids nowdays hate their parents, basicly because they don't get things how they want it so they proceed to 'I HATE MY PARENTS THEIR SO UNFAIR AND ABUSE ME etc etc' rebelious stage, it's ridiculous.
Not applying to all scenarious though.
Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

also otrue when i was with my b/f and he live with his parents they were really nice and I didn't mind them.