I Don't Get It, Why Do People Feel The Need To Leave Their Parental Home...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » I don't get it, why do people feel the need to leave their parental home...
I don't get it, why do people feel the need to leave their parental home...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-20 13:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
ok, I'm sure all of us (even you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***) can come to an agreement that due to the economy going in the shitter, that it would be a good idea to move into your parents' home (depending on the size of it) and share the household (bills, food, etc).
You could just get roomates that aren't related to you
that too, but roommates are ***

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 13:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
ok, I'm sure all of us (even you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***) can come to an agreement that due to the economy going in the shitter, that it would be a good idea to move into your parents' home (depending on the size of it) and share the household (bills, food, etc).
So are parents. But roomates wont remind you how they supported you for 18 years and bring up embarrassing things from your childhood
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Roomates who steal, backstab, peek on you, search your things, take your money, don't do the laundry, dishes, or whatever their chore is and /sigh fight at the end of the day?
I'd really rather live with my parents.
And yes I've had roomates, yes that happends.
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Because after 18 youre an adult and shouldnt rely on your parents, if you were smart you wouldve gotten a job as soon as you turned 16 and saved up money. once you graduate high school thats pretty much when you should gtfo your parents home.

Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Because after 18 youre an adult and shouldnt rely on your parents, if you were smart you wouldve gotten a job as soon as you turned 16 and saved up money. once you graduate high school thats pretty much when you should gtfo your parents home.

Right because economy is that awesome that you can do that, and because when your 16 you just want to work to move out and have a rough life with out a real solid reason?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
So are parents. But roomates wont remind you how they supported you for 18 years and bring up embarrassing things from your childhood

That depends how bad the parents are, my parents were never really horrible to really prefer to live with a total stranger that steals from me.
 Ragnarok.Titox
Server: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-05-20 13:30:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i am 21...i don't have plans to move out until 24 - 26......i still want to study and i have some goals i need to do before i move on my own and have my first relationship O:

right now i work...all my money goes to my saving and buy stuff i want or need since i don't have to pay anything beside some bills on my house to help my mom around

i think it goes the same for sex for me

like my friend say "after you taste it....you will want more" LOL

if you have the chance to stay on your parents and they are cool with it....just take it....because living alone can be hard....my childhood friend(same age as me) is already married with 2 kids....and barely finished high school and tight of money always

no need to hurry...take your time, study, get money and plan your future

i barely post but i found this thread to be interesting ^^

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Roomates who steal, backstab, peek on you, search your things, take your money, don't do the laundry, dishes, or whatever their chore is and /sigh fight at the end of the day? I'd really rather live with my parents. And yes I've had roomates, yes that happends.
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Right because economy is that awesome that you can do that, and because when your 16 you just want to work to move out and have a rough life with out a real solid reason?
*** less try more. I can pretty much garuntee I know someone that would hire and be enough to support yourself
By Yasko 2010-05-20 13:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Extended families and tribes are things of the past. Now it's every man woman and child for themselves. The concept of being "self-sufficient" is a joke, because life as we know it co-depends on everything we already know. How I choose to use money influences your economy, and somehow oppresses the east, making people angry and causing 9/11.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Roomates who steal, backstab, peek on you, search your things, take your money, don't do the laundry, dishes, or whatever their chore is and /sigh fight at the end of the day? I'd really rather live with my parents. And yes I've had roomates, yes that happends.
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
*** less try more. I can pretty much garuntee I know someone that would hire and be enough to support yourself

Your troll really sucked. Considering I moved out at 16 as posted above earlier, but just remarking it for the record. I am giving advice, having experience on this. Besides, with the economy nowdays no one wants a 16 year old part timer, and if they do they will pay you enough to buy candy I guess? Just saying sir.
 Ragnarok.Sephiros
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sephi
By Ragnarok.Sephiros 2010-05-20 13:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a phrase that resumes all this post:
"Live your live,at your own will,and die old with a smile at your face..."

Kurosaki Ishin>>> Bleach
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 13:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all if you are supporting yourself you should be aiming for a bit more than part time. Unless you mean like 2-3 part time jobs. Which is crazy but people do it.

And yeah guess who will hire anyone who isn't legally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (and some that I swear were) even at 16. Good old uncle sam.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-20 13:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

you guys need to move back in with your parents if you're gonna act like *** babies.
 Asura.Israfel
Server: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-20 13:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I left home on my 16th birthday, as soon as it was legal back home to do it with parents permission. Since my mom was abusive my dad was pretty supportive of my choice (They were seperated, but he had no room for me at his place because he was taking care of my older brother [read: freeloader]).
Got a job and an apartment fairly quickly, I was surprised at how fast I got things done when I put my mind to it, and was extremely happy at the fact that I didn't have to deal with my mother and her alcohol abuse anymore >:3.

Since then I've married, moved overseas, had some great jobs, gone to university, met some cool people, experimented with drugs (burned out fast thank God), learned a lot about myself, found out what motivates me in a positive manner, and overall become a well-rounded person.

If my (future) Children decide that they want to move out early like I did, then I'd probably be fully supportive of this, but I'd always leave the door open for them to come back home if needed.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
First of all if you are supporting yourself you should be aiming for a bit more than part time. Unless you mean like 2-3 part time jobs. Which is crazy but people do it.

And yeah guess who will hire anyone who isn't legally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (and some that I swear were) even at 16. Good old uncle sam.

yeah but who can full time when they have university/Highschool depends on whatever they were doing at 16. and sir, it seems like life is perfect for you if you think a 16 year old can get a job that easily, not everyone has same opportunityes you know, even someone with a career has a tough time, it depends where you are standing. But! if you can get all those kind of good things, then sir congratulations! your life is perfect and thats why you shoulnd't bother with this reply.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Israfel said:
I left home on my 16th birthday, as soon as it was legal back home to do it with parents permission. Since my mom was abusive my dad was pretty supportive of my choice (They were seperated, but he had no room for me at his place because he was taking care of my older brother [read: freeloader]).
Got a job and an apartment fairly quickly, I was surprised at how fast I got things done when I put my mind to it, and was extremely happy at the fact that I didn't have to deal with my mother and her alcohol abuse anymore >:3.

Since then I've married, moved overseas, had some great jobs, gone to university, met some cool people, experimented with drugs (burned out fast thank God), learned a lot about myself, found out what motivates me in a positive manner, and overall become a well-rounded person.

If my (future) Children decide that they want to move out early like I did, then I'd probably be fully supportive of this, but I'd always leave the door open for them to come back home if needed.

Win. see, seems things worked out for you.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-20 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Win. see, seems things worked out for you.
I won't lie, it was hard but I like a challenge!

and I really see where you're coming from with the juggling schooling with making enough money to support yourself >< it's very very very very hard ; ;
By Mystluna 2010-05-20 13:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I consider it me living with my mom or my mom living with me. She is disabled and needs assistance around the house and doing things. I also bring in over 2/3 of the income into the living arangement. Her SSI is taken up with medical needs for the most part. I'm 29 and the older she gets the more she needs help. I don't know if I will ever move out untill she has to go into a medical assisted living facility.
 Asura.Israfel
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-20 13:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystluna said:
I don't know if I consider it me living with my mom or my mom living with me. She is disabled and needs assistance around the house and doing things. I also bring in over 2/3 of the income into the living arangement. Her SSI is taken up with medical needs for the most part. I'm 29 and the older she gets the more she needs help. I don't know if I will ever move out untill she has to go into a medical assisted living facility.

Even though this might be very hard for you sometimes, I have a lot of respect for people who are still willing to help out their parents, especially when they need it the most.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
First of all if you are supporting yourself you should be aiming for a bit more than part time. Unless you mean like 2-3 part time jobs. Which is crazy but people do it. And yeah guess who will hire anyone who isn't legally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (and some that I swear were) even at 16. Good old uncle sam.
yeah but who can full time when they have university/Highschool depends on whatever they were doing at 16. and sir, it seems like life is perfect for you if you think a 16 year old can get a job that easily, not everyone has same opportunityes you know, even someone with a career has a tough time, it depends where you are standing. But! if you can get all those kind of good things, then sir congratulations! your life is perfect and thats why you shoulnd't bother with this reply.
Those are choices you made and have consequences. Yeah going to school and working full time is hard. Generally most people wait till they are 18 to move out which has been the main issue in this thread.

Sorry I was wrong seems you have to be 17 to join the military.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 13:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystluna said:
My half sister did that pretty much until her mom died since now way her older sister would help out and the younger won was like 15ish I think. Which was pretty nice of her. Then just went to college a couple years later then originally planned.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 13:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Have you considered the parents in this? Maybe they want you to move out so they can do what they want without worrying about you!
Some families are not like that. Some families have a structure, and some type of pride depending where they were from. Ie not all ethnics of families in america came from america just because their children were born there, they were not so they structures, and morals one family has had in another country will do the same in a place like america.

An example, A japanese family moving to america, I have a friend who is japanese, and her parents would act the same way as they did with her family in Japan. You already should know how Custom japanese families are already, or another example A Hatian family living in the U.S.A.
_________

So who ever is calling the OP a basement dweller, where were you born; as an example America, some other place? Does that mean your parents, or other parents who probably were here before/born/older than yours; would act with american customs , if they were not born here?
So they can raise their kids to be spoiled little ***?

This is the Stigma I hate from most American people, you do not know ***about someones family. Yet say they are a child, basement dweller, impeding on their parents... with out knowing the situation?

God I love, America now a days. Oh and other people's line of thinking america or not.

Op you are not a basement dweller if you live with your parents.

People just need a *** reality check.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
First of all if you are supporting yourself you should be aiming for a bit more than part time. Unless you mean like 2-3 part time jobs. Which is crazy but people do it. And yeah guess who will hire anyone who isn't legally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (and some that I swear were) even at 16. Good old uncle sam.
Those are choices you made and have consequences. Yeah going to school and working full time is hard. Generally most people wait till they are 18 to move out which has been the main issue in this thread.

Sorry I was wrong seems you have to be 17 to join the military.

yeah, but whats the rush to move out anyways? when you can really just take it easy. I moved out because college was pretty far away, I really had no rush to get out of my house.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
Server: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-05-20 13:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Teguri said:
The freedom is amazing, and I don't have to worry about waking other people up with my loud *** music :3

If you're in an apartment, especially a shitty one with paper walls, they do hear your loud *** music. >.>
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mystluna said:

like I said, living with your parents till who knows when is fine, as long as you don't leech off them and your a good for nothing*
* on your case, your not a good for nothing leecher.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 13:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rush? Hmmm idk used to be a societal norm. Just the way I was raised. Don't like relying on people who are no longer legally obligated to support you. Though I wouldn't mind hitting my mom up for 15 years back child support.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 13:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zefiris said:
Phoenix.Teguri said:
The freedom is amazing, and I don't have to worry about waking other people up with my loud *** music :3

If you're in an apartment, especially a shitty one with paper walls, they do hear your loud *** music. >.>

and sex noises, probably when you use the bathroom aswell.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Rush? Hmmm idk used to be a societal norm. Just the way I was raised. Don't like relying on people who are no longer legally obligated to support you. Though I wouldn't mind hitting my mom up for 15 years back child support.

Then thats your personal issue, no one said your parents were completly supporting you, you can also bring half of the income and make things easier for everyone.

and btw, once your a parent you are for life, and I believe if your son/daughter ever needs you in life no matter what age you open the doors to them.
And im not saying this from a child point of view, I'm saying it from a parental point of view*
* to be more specific, I'm a parent.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-20 14:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah well I've disowned my dad and step mom... they got a friggin E-machine and she plays WoW. But seriously while the idea of going out on my own was scary living at home sucked balls.

Plus even paying the bills really isn't the same. You still have that safety net. Get your home cooked meals or whatever. Have to take responsibility for everything one way or another. And yes sometimes deal with really shitty roomates who don't pay there share of the rent for 6 months because they can't afford it even though they make more money then you
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-20 14:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

Even so, I never seen such a norm. People say social norms, but I call ***. You go out on your own and something happens, your parents say I told you so and are always right. Therefore if you go asking for help they should laugh and say no, *** off.

Therefore, no all families are the same. Not everyone has a mother and father.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-05-20 14:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Oh yeah well I've disowned my dad and step mom... they got a friggin E-machine and she plays WoW. But seriously while the idea of going out on my own was scary living at home sucked balls.

Plus even paying the bills really isn't the same. You still have that safety net. Get your home cooked meals or whatever. Have to take responsibility for everything one way or another. And yes sometimes deal with really shitty roomates

You sound like you were just forced out of your house basicly, I don't know the real story just sounds like it, and I was on my own once I know what it's like, atm I think first of the well being of my son and what's more comftruble for us. My mother also lives alone and needs help around the house too, so we moved together. We help each other, works better that way than separate, because at the end of the day when we were separate if she needed something I gave it to her vice versa.

Just saying really.